when will GW2 live up to it's name?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Misty Six.6587

Misty Six.6587

Literally.

(Please we wanna see more GvGs and stuff.. hopefully it’ll be implemented, Guild vs Guild vs Guild instead of World vs World vs World would be awesome.. that would be epic..)

Guild Halls?

I wait.. (and hope).

This is more a suggestion than discussion. Although others are also allowed to share their thoughts.

Thank you. :P

(Check the last post)

(edited by Misty Six.6587)

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And when will people understand that Guild Wars is a lore-based name rather than gameplay-based?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: milo.6942

milo.6942

And when will people understand that Guild Wars is a lore-based name rather than gameplay-based?

I’m really astonished people actually believe this
the center of gw1 was pvp, especially gvg. the weak claim that guild wars was about some event in lore and not the core pvp feature is pretty much bunk.

@op
there are some serious problems with the pvp system in gw2. we are stuck with conquest or other capture point type game modes for the foreseeable future. primarily, the exclusion of dedicated healers makes team deathmatch games (such as gvg) problematic. the pvp devs have said they are testing many different game modes internally since beta, but have so far never mentioned anything about a new mode being released.

(edited by milo.6942)

in Suggestions

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

the center of gw1 was pvp, especially gvg. the weak claim that guild wars was about some event in lore and not the core pvp feature is pretty much bunk.

Ah yes of course. Silly me, the creators of the game clearly have no clue about what the name is from….

The whole original game (Prophecies) is based more or less on the aftermath of the latest of the Guild Wars.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in Suggestions

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

in the early phases of the first game, guild wars was set to be pvp only, but they then added pve and decided to add lore and keep the name; guild wars 2 right now seems just to be a game that is set in the same world

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Suggestions

milo.6942

in the early phases of the first game, guild wars was set to be pvp only, but they then added pve and decided to add lore and keep the name; guild wars 2 right now seems just to be a game that is set in the same world

precisely

in Suggestions

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

from guild wars 1 wiki – The game was designed from the ground up to be a competitive multi-player experience, focusing on high-level combat between two or more parties focusing more on player skill and innovative play rather than equipment, time played or sheer numbers, a stark contrast to other MMOs of the time

The different genre was chosen (as opposed to the classic “Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) RPG”) due to the perceived differences between the game and other, more traditional MMOs: the focus on Player versus Player (PvP) rather than Player versus Environment (PvE) play made it almost a unique case at the time

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

in Suggestions

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

Bringing guild wars into the discussion (the original game, not the name) doesn’t help. They lowered the skill ceiling, and gave us a hack n’ clash button masher in place of the original game. Why are people surprised that we only get zergball hack n’ slash content?

GW1 pvp was second to none – gw2 pvp (node control, and nothing else) is just sad.

in Suggestions

Misty Six.6587

@op
there are some serious problems with the pvp system in gw2. we are stuck with conquest or other capture point type game modes for the foreseeable future. primarily, the exclusion of dedicated healers makes team deathmatch games (such as gvg) problematic. the pvp devs have said they are testing many different game modes internally since beta, but have so far never mentioned anything about a new mode being released.

Hopefully they’ll add some soon!

I really hope..

If there would be GvGvG instead of WvWvW… that would be awesome. This game would have a totally different meaning, and .. I mean, it would live up to it’s name lol, to it’s FULLEST!! .. But this is fantasy already.. we know that they won’t be making a change as drastic as this lol…. in my dream worlds..

Everyone would be in for something, everyone counts. Every. One. in the guild. kitten IT!!! … Now this would be a SERIOUS drive towards gear betterment/improvement… seriously, there is no better incentive than this.

Right now there is just no reason to get maxed out equipment and different gear sets… what for? WvW is not interesting, it doesn’t interest me (personally). Dungeons… nahh, boring. There’s nothing to do. I pretty much have all different gear sets already.. but… I could make it better.. but.. what for, no real reason to continue or improve.

Whereas if my Guilds reputation was in question and one of our castles/forts is being planned to be sieged.. or even, occupied/captured lol.. now this would be a different thing.

I mean, seriously.. can’t get better than this.

Honestly, if I had things under my control I would make this change and just see what happens in under a few days. One thing I don’t understand why is it’s Guild Wars 2 but we’re not seeing any guild wars lol.. or gvgs.. nothing. There’s WvW instead of GvGs, why didn’t they make it GvGs instead in the first place? ..

Disappointment.

Imagine GvGs instead of WvWs… Guilds holding different forts (their own forts) that they are obligated to defend and stand for, each guild may go and conquer other Guild Forts… alliances may be made and broken. There are Guild Territories… there would be grand scale wars between 2 different alliances.. or even 3. Now holding a fort gives massive bonuses… so it is by all means encouraged to try and capture more, however it can be risky too as other guilds may invade your fort while you go out in the unknown territories. Guild names shall rise up… there will be power. The game will have a meaning lol.

But of course.. in the middle, where the biggest fort is, holding this is the most difficult, yet the most rewarding. Guilds will try to take hold of it.. and will fail, there will be big battles and bloodbaths lol. The Worthy ones that have captured the middle fort will have their Guild Emblems high up in the sky showing off to all the people of Tyria (and every guild fort, naturally, will have their own respective emblems of course).

Just imagine all that could happen with this. My imagination is flying lol. It would be so FREAKING COOL MAN! ..

Maybe the incentive for holding the middle fort would be that, holding it for a week will GRANT the GUILD access to the underworld of that Area, where there are big loots involved and extra mysterious items.. or something.. :P lol.

Please ArenaNet. XD lol

Also, every 2-3 weeks now and then there will be Invaders (from another Server in this case) from other Alternate Realities/Worlds! They will mass up and warp in from one of these portals and start invading, their objective will be to Seek and Conquer the middle fort (but first they have to deactivate or neutralize the adjacent objects that are necessary to open up the gates to the middle fort, so there will be battle all around).

in Suggestions

Misty Six.6587

If these invaders seem to manage to conquer the middle fort (this will be like a one time event), their server will get a massive bonus to something, something that will greatly increase their desire to engage in all sorts of activites in their own world or there will be a huge boss in the core of the middle fort that has a chance to drop some really good stuff (one of the better chances of getting a precursor and a 0.001% chance at a legendary maybe o,O) In other words, something that is really good, something that you want to work hard for to get. If they fail, then they fail and they don’t recieve anything.

So all the guilds in the area become one big alliance and they all work to defend their homeland. If they fail to defend it, the middle fort will be unavailable to all of the guilds for 2 weeks. Once in a while we invade the other worlds too of course. (The best of the best get together and so on, better worlds fight with better worlds and vice versa).

Well these are my thoughts and I sincerely think they’re really cool ideas… I just hope we’d have something of this in an MMO… seriously, it’s cool. :P Last time there was something of this was in Knight Online where the other nation invaded the opposite one and there were big rewards involved for both sides.. and dooms, it was really exciting.

Uhh… anyways, all in all, I really hope any of these ideas would get implemented, or at least.. looked at lol. :P

And I do hope you guys agree with me in the perspective of this world!

Well.. that is all. :P

in Suggestions

milo.6942

yeah… that’s not gvg… but ok man

in Suggestions

Misty Six.6587

Yeah I know, I mean gvg too of course. :P

in Suggestions

Misty Six.6587

Taken from gw2guru.com:

Pvp in gw2 is clearly lackluster.
I mean just analyze it, we have:
structured PVP that failed to become an eSport and it’s almost more of a “catch the point” run than an actual fight.
WvW is dominated by big organized zerg where nothing matters but to run around in as many people as possible to capture useless dots surrounded by walls that you don’t really need for anything and don’t reward you in any way. Ofcourse if you’re in a really organized guild you can maybe win vs a big zergs, but that’s really about it.
Epic fights are rare and 90% of the time end up with a faction escaping in fortresses.

You might say that’s what wvw is about, capturing fortresses and not about fighting and as much as you might be right well I still find that annoying, unrewarding and simply boring.

What do we have left?
No wars between guilds (guild wars? lol? where?)
No pk
No real world pvp

The only way to enjoy some proper fights is roam in small groups/duos and hope to fight some other decent small group maybe over camps untill a big zerg passes by and wipe everything off
And all this filled with hack tools that are still undetected and unbanned after 1y

So yeah, my 2 cents are that the gameplay can be enjoyable and I play now and then and have fun, but the game modes are just plain stupid.
They should try to put some new decent pvp/gvg mode that actually makes sense, maybe a new map with things to do with open pvp or the possibility to declare war between guilds idk

Pretty much sums up all my thoughts..

I wish an ArenaNet dev would read this… or anyone.

Anyone who would “understand” our dilemma .. or concern.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kaputsid.5169

Kaputsid.5169

when will GW2 live up to it’s name?

The day they will bring back body block and energy management.

Until then we’re screwed with a dodge and spam gameplay where peeps going through each others to cancel skills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Pretty much sums up all my thoughts..

I wish an ArenaNet dev would read this… or anyone.

Anyone who would “understand” our dilemma .. or concern.

So what about those of us who DON’T want open-world PvP? Who DON’T want to be pwned by elitists and who actually enjoy this game?

Don’t we matter?

Of course not. Not to the gankers who don’t even do basic research before buying a game anyway.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Raphael Williams.3671

Raphael Williams.3671

Ah yes of course. Silly me, the creators of the game clearly have no clue about what the name is from….

The whole original game (Prophecies) is based more or less on the aftermath of the latest of the Guild Wars.

dude gw1 was a pvp game, what game were you playing? Originally when the first one came out it was around the time WoW first introduced arenas and gw1 was supposed to pull the wow crowd of arena and BG players to a more class balanced game, pve was an afterthought in gw1(this is why you only needed to hit lvl 20 before you were considered at the “end game” ,which was pvp). Towards the end Anet did well with pvE, But the guild wars’ core game both one and two are based on pvp not pve.