why no ritualist's in GW2?

in Suggestions

Posted by: Jword.1453

Jword.1453

The topic title basically says it all.
just wondering why they didnt put Rits into GW2 they were by far my favorite class to play in gw1 and i know alot of people who loved them.
im not sure if this has been discussed yet but are they going to put rits into the next expansion or what? because i would really love seeing ritualist’s come into GW2.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

It’s hard to say, because mechanics-wise the engineer is essentially the ritualist given a tech theme.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

Well there’s the whole Deep sea dragon thing and Isolationist policy of Cantha so that could have something to do with it .

in Suggestions

Jword.1453

i dont really see how engineers can be like Rits though, rits cast spirits and engineers throw bombs :P

in Suggestions

Jword.1453

Well there’s the whole Deep sea dragon thing and Isolationist policy of Cantha so that could have something to do with it .

Yeah it would be pretty nice to add a rit in with this :P

in Suggestions

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I pretend my mesmer to be a ritu. ^^

As I tried to figure out how I can substitute my gw (ghost based) ritu with another profession in GW2 I came to the following conclusion:

- Engineer: can build turrets
- Guardian: has some ghostly weapons to summon
- Mesmer: has illusions

For my part I decided for mesmer and didn’t regret it. It feels similar to my lovely ritu from gw, however it is not the same. ^^
I also have an engineer and a guardian, but the mesmer is my main.

I am not sure whether they will have a comeback for the ritu profession, but as long as it isn’t happening I am quite happy with my choice.

Maybe you would give another profession which could feel or be played similar a try?

in Suggestions

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

i dont really see how engineers can be like Rits though, rits cast spirits and engineers throw bombs :P

Ritualist casts spirits, Engineers summon turrets.
Take away the spirits and turrets, and you just have pet-AIs that attack for you.

He was talking about mechanics and saying that mechanically, Ritualist is too similar to the Engineer.

It is also likely that the Engineer was developed to replace the Ritualist to reflect the advancement in use of technology over magic in Tyria.

Story progression can have a huge impact on the way a sequel pans out compared to the original game.

“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Suggestions

Posted by: spirit of defeat.8057

spirit of defeat.8057

As a full time ritualis in GW1. Ihad so much fun with a team with 10-15 spirits. It was a bit slow but it was awesome.

Starting GW 2 I thought of 2 classes:
Guardian: with spirit weapons
Engineer: with turrets

Right now I have both at lvl 80, and I don’t know which one I like better. Turrets are too slow (also see). And for some reason I don’t like spirit weapons as much, mainly the recharge makes them hard to use.

So right now I’m just now sure which way to go.

(edited by spirit of defeat.8057)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Graill.8596

Graill.8596

The first major expansion is not even out yet. How do you know what is or isnt going to be in any number of PAID expansions?

Big patches…….. i really do not see any new classes or races, but an expansion that is paid for will most certainly have them at some point, it would be foolish not to and it is a huge selling point for some customers.

There is no worse feeling than that during an argument, you realize you are wrong.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Captain Seyo.4285

Captain Seyo.4285

Look Ritualist lives in the guardian and engineer. But what you really want back is the Whoop-Butt SoS builds. You may get the ritualist back and I will jump for joy with you cause I enjoyed them before SoS became so powerful (resto rit was more fun than monking). But it won’t be the ultimate necessary powerhouse it was in GW1

in Suggestions

Posted by: spirit of defeat.8057

spirit of defeat.8057

Look Ritualist lives in the guardian and engineer. But what you really want back is the Whoop-Butt SoS builds.

I’ve always run spirits, even before SOS was buffed (sure that was awesome). What I do miss is the speed to take your spirits like you could with summon spirits. Either turrets or spirit weapons, Cooldowns make both of them just not practical right now.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Martin The Brave.8731

Martin The Brave.8731

What would the DSD have to do with Cantha? Just want to clarify here, Zhaitan is the only known Elder Dragon that is blocking passage to Cantha VIA his undead navy.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Zhaitan

in Suggestions

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

Because the mesmer is the same thing in terms of skills.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Look Ritualist lives in the guardian and engineer. But what you really want back is the Whoop-Butt SoS builds.

I’ve always run spirits, even before SOS was buffed (sure that was awesome). What I do miss is the speed to take your spirits like you could with summon spirits. Either turrets or spirit weapons, Cooldowns make both of them just not practical right now.

So you are agreeing with Captain Seyo?
Even if Ritualists return I don’t think Summon Spirits will unless ANet wants to repeat past mistakes. Overpowered PvE skills being one of them.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Weindrasi.3805

Weindrasi.3805

The topic title basically says it all.
just wondering why they didnt put Rits into GW2 they were by far my favorite class to play in gw1 and i know alot of people who loved them.
im not sure if this has been discussed yet but are they going to put rits into the next expansion or what? because i would really love seeing ritualist’s come into GW2.

Two words: Canthan Expansion

in Suggestions

Posted by: gimmethegepgun.1284

gimmethegepgun.1284

Yeah but if that mattered then the assassin wouldn’t have showed its face in GW2 either.
And we’d all be better for it.

in Suggestions

Posted by: poziix.7285

poziix.7285

Rit’s weren’t in Prophecies, they were added later. Chances are when new area’s open up (Elona for example) there will be new professions to go with it