worried about flametouched changes

in Suggestions

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

While I am well aware of the plans to reissue the existing flametouched light armor skin, PLEASE let me keep the ones i’ve already bought because I didn’t just drop a huge gem purchase on the armor…A number of other things were bought around that to include a character slot, kasmeer’s staff and a few gems to gold transfers to make armor sets worth wearing a lot.

Main issue: Norns. I really don’t like the way humans are shaped or the rather juvenile faces that come with, and SO many armors have horrid issues with shoulder size/placement on the norn models, this one finally got it acceptable, and I’m very worried that it’s going to be turned into some exceptionally mundane skin as was chosen for the heavy and medium armor models…

Seeing that I doubt the diaper brigade’s damage will be undone, the question arises, i dropped a boatload of money on several sets of this stuff (pve and pvp on several characters) and a fair amount on other things around it… what becomes of the gems spent around those other things?

P.S. please don’t let the re-do become an exceptionally mundane set like the chosen skins for heavy and medium (cheapo karma armor and the trenchcoat mafia’s standard uniform? may i also suggest you retry those 2 sets too?)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

Keeping the skin for those who purchased it already would make a super-exclusive-extra-shiny-mega-limited-ultra-rare discontinued version of the most popular light cultural armor and suddenly make some accounts worth $1000s if sold illegally.

That’s more damaging than actually keeping the armor available.

The gems spent on anything but the armor will not be refunded, as the product isn’t broken/altered – you still have your new character and staff (if you bought a new character just to wear an armor set you’re silly).

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Suggestions

Inimicus.7162

glad you have a sense of fassion… the new norn mesmer was to eventually replace my 16 year old human disaster… issue as stated has always been the complete lack of skins similar to that light human t3 for the norn, and the other glaring issues that have been with norns since launch… wtfwtfwtf is that parachute on your shoulders?!?!?

And i still dont understand what the issue is with that particular set looking like human t3.. wanna balance it? make the heavy look like norn t3 heavy maybe even charr or asura, and pick your fav medium, charr t3? norn t3? <3
that human t3 light is the reason i swallowed a human mesmer for what its worth… endgame here IS all about choosing your own look afterall

(edited by Inimicus.7162)

in Suggestions

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

glad you have a sense of fassion… the new norn mesmer was to eventually replace my 16 year old human disaster… issue as stated has always been the complete lack of skins similar to that light human t3 for the norn, and the other glaring issues that have been with norns since launch… wtfwtfwtf is that parachute on your shoulders?!?!?

that human t3 light is the reason i swallowed a human mesmer for what its worth… endgame here IS all about choosing your own look afterall

That’s an issue with cultural armor itself, even when it was announced before launch, not due to fault of this whole fiasco.

Yes, horizontal progression (cosmetics) is this what this game is about, but there are limits. Complaining that you are not able to use a certain races armor on another race (be that as right or wrong as it is) is like me complaining that I cannot use, for example, the Winged crafted set on my Warrior.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

in Suggestions

Inimicus.7162

its an issue with how the armor skins over the mesh of the given race and a number of specific design choices by the devs…

Norns have idiotically gigantic parachute shoulder skins, and a lot of the skirt skins flare out for no reason at all.

Sylvari have the same issue with footware, humans too frequently… all the armors are designed to wrap around the character model, causing issues like above, but still doesn’t explain the hubbub over a reskined culture armor… people really need to rejoice because they can now get their stuff easier and get something good lookin for races that are designed with horrid flaws built in.

And i have a set of normal human t3 light for what its worth… even ground out the gold in dungeons and such, though it isn’t like the gem store never existed, and there are things about the current skin i would love to be able to change (the color of those eyesore fires) but that’s part of the trade i figured

in Suggestions

Inimicus.7162

Feel the need to also mention that they just put themselves in a hardcore pickle because they voided the entire reason for my (and likely many other people’s) gem purchase, so just giving the gems back without a solid promise that they will deliver something else DANGEROUSLY (apparently) close to the current skin makes the reason for dropping all that cash in the first place void, and without said solid promise i would prefer the money over the gems they promised

in Suggestions

Inimicus.7162

Simple man, so time for simple terms: Yes, I do understand some of the hubbub, however, I see potential legal issues if they don’t/can’t promise the money back on the gem purchases that went into the buying of the currently contested skin.

Few possible solutions, Return the current one, keep the existing ones, and offer more selections from other races T3 sets as mentioned above.
The reskin on the “human T3 lookalike” as the gripes go, had better be so close to identical (yes, the visible skin, the overall look of the epaulets, the openings all over the “skirt” etc), as to make the reskin nearly pointless
Return money, not gems (I’d even accept an account rollback, or even target it to the changes made specifically with those gem purchases) to remove the other changes made with all but about $5 worth of the $100 I spent on the gems for that armor skin as it is/was)

Else, that pickle i mentioned above is that they are staring down the barrel of a claim to Bait and Switch…yes, a scam. Issue being that I bought more things from them centered around the “bait” (armor skin) and thus far do not see any return in value whether i get all 8000 gems, or just the roughly 4000 spent on just the armor itself (switch).
Hate to go there, I really love the game, but this time they really screwed the pooch.. and yes, a non-fail light armor skin for the norns is worth fighting for.

in Suggestions

Posted by: Olba.5376

Olba.5376

As was posted by Regina, if you end up not liking the new look, you can contact support to get a full refund for it.

in Suggestions

Inimicus.7162

“When we update the Flamekissed Armor Skins with the new artwork, any player that has already purchased the set and who does not like the new, updated look, can get a full refund by contacting Customer Support.”

full refund for… the armors bought? for other things bought too? real money (where applicable) or gems? rollback of any kind? items to undo any further changes made if the full thing isnt covered?
The post’s lack of specificity leaves much to be desired because a “full refund” still leaves me personally losing real money to undo some of the other purchases/changes I made specifically centered on getting that one specific set.