wvw towers die too fast

wvw towers die too fast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Suggestion:

Increase hitpoints on tower gates and walls so that it takes longer than three minutes to break inside.

Two catas (of unknown quality and player cata skill unknown) were able to take down the reinforced wall before my cata was able to damage the attacking catas to 50%. Note I had to drop the missile perfectly over the wall as the enemy catas were right up tight to the outside of the wall. Perhaps my damage is reduced if only the outer edge of the blast radius was hitting the enemy catas? Also about 50% of my shots were blocked by a giant blue bubble which Im cool with and only mention for info. Or I missed but I did not think so.

Summary: Towers die too quik and I now know why none bothers to defend them. I now know why the opposing factions just seem to take turns flipping each others towers.

Thanks for reading.

wvw towers die too fast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Kalarchis.8635

Kalarchis.8635

Like you’ve already realized, the point of towers is to flip them. There are too many of them and they don’t have enough strategic importance to bother defending most of the time. That’s what the keeps and castle are for.

Plus, I’m on a server that’s fairly dominant in WvW. We let the other servers take our towers so they feel like they’re accomplishing something and we have something to do. When we defend all the towers all the time and it results in demoralizing the enemy so badly that they take nothing and we have nothing to do. Also achievements.

Keep ’em the way they are.

wvw towers die too fast

in Suggestions

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Good points and thanks for letting us flip some towers….as we are having our turn at being dominated at the moment.

Losing the tower is not really my issue I realized later. I do not want to sit in a tower that cannot be conquered. My issue I think is with how much time it takes to upgrade a tower relative to how quickly it is lost. Time invested in a tower does not result in an encounter with the enemy of any mentionable duration….sometimes it does if both zergs meet there.

It is good that you are satisfied but I suggest that the number of players who participate in wvw is small. Possibly Anet would be better served by finding out why the millions of other players who bought the game are not in there. Why are my maps not qued except for possibly a 24-48 hour period after reset. Each map can only hold 100 players from each server am I correct? Seems strange that they are not full all the time. Somethings are wrong with wvww it would seem.