zommoros dungeon

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Memoria.1857

Memoria.1857

Who hasn’t wanted to take their aggression out on zommoros, so why not have a dungeon where he is the end boss. You jump into the mystic forge to take back everything he’s taken from you. Once in there is treasure and gold piled up in the background. The trash mobs could be ghosts called lost hope and broken dreams. The mini bosses could be a giant glob of ectoplasm ooze, a mystic clover leprechaun, and an obsidian shard golem. At the end you face zommoros and get to punch him in the mouth. I think it would be very enjoyable.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: LaoShin.2986

LaoShin.2986

i would enjoy that…problem is, i probably keep doing it

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Yes am first to step in this dungeon and burn zomoron alive TWICE!!

LOL~

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Zommoros must die!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Lord Rheios.4152

Lord Rheios.4152

This could be a really fun dungeon actually. Maybe you open it up by submitting 4 random items of some common type that annoys Zommoros, so he zaps you and your party down and forces you to run his dungeon, but you break out and give him what’s for.

It’d also be relatively within the GW2 spirit of poking fun at things.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

He will be surrounded by millions of rare swords.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

The difficulty of the dungeon is based on how many items your party has collectively MFed (after the release of the dungeon, wouldn’t want this to be retroactive) and it then resets upon completion. Now wouldn’t that be interesting?

Slow down and smell the pixels.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Lord Rheios.4152

Not just how many, but their rarity. So if you’ve all been trying to get a precursor you’re dungeon has a multitude of champion level enemies or something. (which will thereby increase the rarity of the dungeon drops, increasing the chances of getting even superior items. Maybe not the precursor but high end stuff regardless.)

This could get crazy. Really fun, but crazy.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

He would be surrounded by Precursers and Legendary weapons that he throws at the group :-) This attack could be phase one!

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

I would love to kill that guy!

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

He should have every precursor equipped and use them at random. Have a phase or 2 where he pulls out 1 precursor at random and his attacks are based on the weapon type. Whenever he pulls a new precursor out he laughs at you and says “Is this what you’re after?” or “Jealous much?” or “Mine, all mine!!” or “Ever seen one of these before?”

This needs to be done. I can see Anet doing this next April Fools instead of another SAB. People would mob Big-Z and demand it be made a permanent fixture.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

hahahah so true

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Zombonor.6429

Zombonor.6429

I think this is a brilliant idea. I myself have only had fond memories of Zommoros, as he has been quite kind to me, however, this could be the funnest dungeon yet. I know many people are still complaining about precursors (and with dusk, for example, costing 833g on the tp, who is to blame them?) and this could be an additional way to make precursors a little bit more manageable. By having to throw in items to lower the difficulty of the dungeon, it forces more people to use the mystic forge, and thus increases the supply of precursors available. Additionally, zommoros could have a very,very low chance to drop a precursor, which would make it that much better. I myself have obtained a legendary, and while I don’t have too many complaints about the grind, the slot machine like element of obtaining a precursor is certainly a drag. The clovers are bad enough haha ^^

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

I don’t know about shifting the difficulty. But I do like the idea of throwing items in to pen it.

However I think the combination should influence the path you take. Have a global drop item that serves as the key. You then add 3 other items. These items create the path within Big Z’s dungeon. In a near fractal style each item type used denotes what encountered and path you will take.

For example a weapon armor and accessory placed in after the key item. The order they are placed in should also matter. The weapon first would denote you travel West Towards the Center. Armor second would which of that sub boss you would face. Ideally it would be same boss but would react a bit different based on which path you are on. The final item would denote what you are facing Z over. The better the item the better the gamble. Toss in a exotic axe and you will fight Z to claim an exotic or better Axe. However this should be a potentially Failable fight.

However it should not be an all our nothing fight. Using a exotic Item for example woulddenote you need to beat him in 6 min or less to win the new exotic or better axe garuntee. Go past 6 min and the garuntee drops a level. This Keeps going until You are down to a white item. Added bonus Z should taunt you when you take too long and your reward level goes down.

Ideally I would say solo dungeon, but it would be a fun addition

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Lord Rheios.4152

Can you imagine the sheer undiluted joy of someone getting maybe an ascended or precursor item from the dungeon after beating it? The individual appears in a burst of smoke shouting with joy in game and out as he touts the success he skirted by with. (maybe finishing Z off while downed) That’s memorable moments right there.

I’m not sure about time limits. I find them irritating as I would prefer these things not deteriorate so that they force direct damage, as opposed to maybe a condition class being able to weary them and still succeed. I worry we have too much content that people feel pressed to do that.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

These suggestions are getting worse, anet’ll just make it require exotics to open and you’ll get greens and blues as loot. Fun for gold sink. Somebody will publish results in the first week showing 100 runs versus using those items as mystic forge fodder and getting better end results from just tossing the items in as regular forge uses.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Lord Rheios.4152

These suggestions are getting worse, anet’ll just make it require exotics to open and you’ll get greens and blues as loot. Fun for gold sink. Somebody will publish results in the first week showing 100 runs versus using those items as mystic forge fodder and getting better end results from just tossing the items in as regular forge uses.

Acceptable point.May we were getting over excited about the idea. I’d like to hear your ideas polish ours. It’d just improve everything altogether. And a properly discussed idea probably has a better chance of being estimated on by Anet.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Teraphas.6210

Teraphas.6210

Can you imagine the sheer undiluted joy of someone getting maybe an ascended or precursor item from the dungeon after beating it? The individual appears in a burst of smoke shouting with joy in game and out as he touts the success he skirted by with. (maybe finishing Z off while downed) That’s memorable moments right there.

I’m not sure about time limits. I find them irritating as I would prefer these things not deteriorate so that they force direct damage, as opposed to maybe a condition class being able to weary them and still succeed. I worry we have too much content that people feel pressed to do that.

Well that can be avoided by mechanics that avoid direct damage. The fire shaman elementak form comes to mind. In that case is destroying secondary targets to cuase damage to the boss. Especially fights that allow multiple ways to win. Nothing says the final encounter with Z had to be a slug fest. You could have a monkey island esqe battle of puns. Or maybe he challanges you to ultimate mad king says.

Or maybe some combination there of.

You can’t spell Slaughter without Laughter

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: callidus.7085

callidus.7085

Although it wouldn’t have to be implemented in THIS dungeon, but I’d love to see a dungeon that is a MASSIVE labyrinth (or has one in it). With the idea of having the items you put in affect the dungeon in some way, you could have that help to auto-generate the labyrinth so if you want a new one, you could throw in a different set of items or in a different order etc or if you wanted one you were familiar with you could put in the same ones in the same order etc.

At the center of the labyrinth would be Z.

Slow down and smell the pixels.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

This sounds awesome, I would love to beat some sense into Zommoros.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Memoria.1857

Keeping in line with the joking manner you could have myanni, the lady you buy the skill point items from, have one of the items you need to open the dungeon. She already has a connection of some kind with Z. When you talk to her she could say something like “Hero’s I need your help. Zommoros is planning to seek vengeance on our world for calling his home the mystic toilet.” This would reflect actual culture from the world community.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

I think that if they did this, Zommoros should be unkillable.

The Boss fight would be to get Zom down to 10% or 5%, he then backs off with a ’I’m Sorry for taking your precious items and giving you junk, most of the time’ Type statement. Then you get your dung rewards, Zom vanishes in a puff of smoke and a cut scene where you are looking up through the Mystic Forge and you see parts of LA (the Bank, the Class Trainers…ect).

All in for the spirit of fun.

P.S I really like the idea of a Key (World Drop – World bosses) and 3 other items. I think it should be 4 other items though. And its a party popup menu where the ‘leader’ drops in the key, and the 4 remaining party members must sacrifice something of their own in order to open the instance. This way no one can enter it alone, and the higher the quality the item (level 45 Blue would give a easier scaled instance compared to level 80 rares), the better the scaling of that mode.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Ffamran.2598

Ffamran.2598

I concord, maybe we could finally drop a precursor.

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

using the whole ‘rarer the item, better scaling’ thing will make a load of people complain, and generally, the rich will become richer as they can afford to get in more and the poor will become richer but at a slower rate, you’d have to have a scavenger hunt of trying to get parts of keys from around the world, then mf them into a big key to open it, these keys/parts of keys cannot be traded, zommoros has an increased chance (but still not common) to drop a precursor (also make legendaries account bound for dhuum’s sake)
-EDIT-
instead of dropping a random precursor, dropping a precursor token that you can exchange with xt7 weapon part 1 (deldrimor steel sword hilt) and x t7 weapon part 2 (deldrimor steel sword blade)
all in all, this is an awesome idea

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

zommoros dungeon

in Suggestions

Memoria.1857

Instead of making the entrance price random, pieces could drop around the world like the aether key pieces. These items could be phantasmal weapons, armor, and treasure lets say. Then to gain entry you buy something from Mianni for skill points or karma, nothing extravagant mind you, and then place these dropped items in accordingly. Say bought item + three weapons would lead to the dungeon end where you fight Z straight up. 3 armor items drops would open the path were at the end is just an endurance encounter, you don’t actually fight Z. 3 treasure drops would lead to an end where you have to try and escape from Z rather than fight him. Think Indian Jones running from the giant bolder type of thing. 1 of each leads to a forth path I haven’t thought of anything specific. Then with the completion of each path you get a chance, along with your normal loot, to get a special event piece. Collect all four toss them into the forge and get a Zommoros chest. This chest could have an increased chance for rares, exotics, ectos, clovers, T6 mats, loadstones. You know stuff people are throwing into the forge and trying to get out of it. Just a thought.