Any other lore friendly Sylvari's out there?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

I can’t help but notice most Sylvari players I run across are wearing all kind of man made armors. Such as leather, scale, iron, etc. What ever happened to Sylvari growing their own armor from their bodies?

I’ve recently made the effort to transmute some of the Sylvari cultural armor with my exotic gear. I’ve also tried matching up the dye colors with the skin color of my Sylvari.

Also, Sylvari are supposed to be about a head shorter than a human & have a slim build.

Attachments:

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

(edited by Drakortha.6974)

in Sylvari

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Nice. I’m in T2 as a leafy thiefy. I’m more of a yellowish-white, but my armor keeps growing purply. It’s not like they’re supposed to see me either way, thief, all that.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Sylvari

Posted by: Drakortha.6974

Drakortha.6974

Do you have any screenshots?

Ranger, Warrior, Guardian

in Sylvari

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

My Ranger, yes.
Elementalist, kinda.
Mesmer, depends of which of his three sets of armor we’re talking about.

The issue I see, mainly … is that most of the Cultural sets look like total kitten on males. Which is why my Mes is the only male Sylvari in my roster.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Sylvari

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Saying sylvari that wear crafted armor un-lorefriendly is kind of a wrong term as it stands since there are plenty of sylvari that you see that don’t grow there own clothes. That’s almost like calling people that wear wigs, extensions, or cut their short not true humans since we can grow our own hair. I’m sorry if this is coming off as mean it really isn’t, I just like my sylvari the way she is note: the flower is now red, it fit her better than the yellow one

Attachments:

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Sylvari

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

There are plenty of Sylvari NPC’s who wear clothing / armor, both in the world in general and even during the personal story. So I wouldn’t really say its not “lore friendly” for Sylvari to wear non-plant clothes. Just because they “can” grow their own clothes doesn’t mean they all want to do so and wear nothing else. Maybe they prefer the look of cloth to leaves, or feel that cloth or metal provides better protection (a warm robe would provide better protection against the cold than a leaf garb, and metal is more protective than wood).

I’m not sure about “most” Sylvari players using that either. I see a lot of Sylvari using cultural gear all the time. Perhaps that’s a server thing, though.

My Sylvari are eventually going to have 1 cultural and 1 non-cultural armor set each. Though my Guardian will be using “human” clothes for quite a while since I want to get her the T3 cultural and that stuff is expensive. My Mesmer has full cultural right now, a mix of the T1 and T2 sets.

in Sylvari

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Do you have any screenshots?

Tada?

Attachments:

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Sylvari

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

Rather than ‘lore friendly’ I guess a better term is ‘au naturel’ sylvari :P But sure! My guardian Dwynn is rockin’ a combo of Tier 1/Tier 2 cultural.

My engy sylvari has less of an aversion to non-leafy clothes though.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

IMO until you’re level 80 it’s not worth worrying about what your armor looks like because you’ll be changing it a lot. I’ll sometimes fall back on the heritage armor if I get a particularly ugly skin with good stats but other than that I just wear whatever until level 80 and I know some other people think the same. So that might be part of it.

My plan for my sylvari elementalist when she reaches level 80 is that she’ll wear as little as possible. Which with the right combination of light armor can be almost nothing. But at least a few pieces will be cultural or TA armor, particularly since it can look like part of her body and therefore like she’s wearing even less.

But also I don’t think it would be out of character for a sylvari to wear clothes. As someone else said there’s lots of reasons they might prefer that.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Sylvari

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I know what you mean dani, when I start a new character I always visit the pvp locker to figure out which armor set I want, and don’t worry about my armor appearance until I can get the armor skin I want.

Anyway my ranger uses T2 cultural but my ele uses vigil. I dont think it’s not lore friendly to use other armor.

(edited by Rainbow Sprint.3215)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Davidjack.1507

Davidjack.1507

Here is one of mine. Kaelin who is an elementalist. hoping they add some armor with a watery appearance. using t1/2 with ele starting water headgear I also use the wind helm from bazaar of the four winds. Been asked if I was trying to go for a ghostly, fairy, and even water fairy appearance.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Here is one of mine. Kaelin who is an elementalist. hoping they add some armor with a watery appearance. using t1/2 with ele starting water headgear I also use the wind helm from bazaar of the four winds. Been asked if I was trying to go for a ghostly, fairy, and even water fairy appearance.

I can imagine a water spirit in a Ghibli movie looking like that.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Sylvari

Posted by: Caledas.5387

Caledas.5387

The armor from TA is very leafy and fits with the look that I was going with along the same lines as you, just couldn’t wear leather armor didn’t look good IMO. (can’t post a pick not on my computer)

Check it out in LA.

I’ve varied my color scheme to fit the seasons (yea my guild thinks its strange too) and the armor works well with lots of dyes.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Tywele.7812

Tywele.7812

I’m wearing full plant armor!

That’s my Sylvari Ranger with the name Syla Tywèle. I played her for 900+ hours and I’m still having fun as I have just recently crafted Kudzu and Volcanus on her. She is also relatively small. She is wearing that armor for nearly a year now and I even have a second set with the same appearance but with different stats (yes I like this set so much).

http://imgur.com/a/Ez37e

The word “ranger” does not originate from the
word “range” but from “to range”.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

My sylvari main wears human armour, has taken a surname, is an engineer, and uses a holographic rifle/an aetherized pistol. And he’s still perfectly lore friendly.

He just likes humans (surname makes interactions easier at times), finds inorganic tech interesting, and asura things catch his eye. As for the armour, basically wearing his own flesh as a shield discomfits him deeply, even if other sylvari prefer it. He’s a weird individual, but, well.. he’s meant to be his own individual. Though, I am considering giving him cultural shoulders, not sure which ones yet.

As well, his height is maxed out, and he wears a monocle and noble coat because I imagine he likes looking fancy. And as he’s meant to look like a tree, I made him tall like one.

But I will include an au naturel pic.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: HarrisonLewis.6781

HarrisonLewis.6781

Cosmos Black.
Necromancer Sylvari.
Cultural tier 3.
Embracing the darker side of nature.

Attachments:

“Humans believe they are the only intelligent race. They are wrong. I wish I
could teach them to open their eyes, but as the saying goes, ‘There are those
who can awaken, and those who are doomed to sleep.’” Talon Silverwing, 1078 AE

in Sylvari

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Yeah, made my elementalist shortish and I actually have different flower colors depending on the type of set I’m wearing (with a few different pieces mixed) to help me remember how I’m setup. I hope they give use more flower and color options (make my life easier).

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Volantius.4809

Volantius.4809

I like to make sure that my Authir at least has one piece that is “grown” from him. I’m not completely done with him. but as of right now I like how he looks. Npc sylvari dont always wear cultural armor they usually have a mixture of both.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Mines using both. Does that count?

I don’t like the body pieces for medium racial much (nor do I like majority of medium armor’s body pieces). I like the planty gloves/boots/pants/shoulders tho.

Attachments:

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Sylvari

Posted by: ChibiLlama.6439

ChibiLlama.6439

Oh, always xD

This was the best photo I could find of her on my computer atm ._. But I use a mixture of Cultural t3, and TA armor.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

I don’t know what kind of plant I am, exactly, but it’s some kind of purple-based-orange-gradient succulent-y thing. (At least until I save up enough gold for T3.) I would love to match everything to Kudzu but I don’t really want to change my skin and hair colour, and redyeing the armour alone to green/gold/pink/white doesn’t seem to work since the purple base always stays. If only I could dye the flowers on Kudzu instead!

I kind of wish there were more than just the cultural armours in a Sylvari ‘style’, even though it wouldn’t make sense from a lore perspective (in that we are meant to grow our armour rather than buy it, I suppose.) As nice as some of the non-cultural sets are, it’s far too easy for us to end up looking indistinguishable from humans in them. Which…may be sort of the point, I guess – the Pale Tree made us to emulate them – but feels a bit frustrating as a player. If I’d wanted to be (and look) human I’d have rolled a human.

Attachments:

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

in Sylvari

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

I cringe every time I see Sylvari in clothes, I just can’t help it but I get images of trees and flowers wearing sweaters in my head >.<

in Sylvari

Doggie.3184

I cringe every time I see Sylvari in clothes, I just can’t help it but I get images of trees and flowers wearing sweaters in my head >.<

Not really many options.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Two of my 3 Sylvari wear cultural armor and I really dislike human armor on Sylvari.
My ele is a mix of cultural with some human since I was going for a very specific look on her- she is only level 20 though-so I cheated

I would kill for more plant inspired armor and weapons, our options are really very limited atm

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

in Sylvari

Posted by: Cu Chaspel.4806

Cu Chaspel.4806

Sylvari armor is some of my personal fav’s in the game so i did near full tier 2 except for the glove’s which are tier 1 and the headpiece which is the ele storm eye , I also dyed it to match my frosted look.

Attachments:

(edited by Cu Chaspel.4806)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

There are human-height sylvari in hunman armor all over the world, and they are all lore-compliant. Even some of the Firstborn wear non-plant armor. That said:

Attachments:

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

in Sylvari

Posted by: revodeel.2651

revodeel.2651

I would love to wear Sylvari armor on my Guardian. Right now I wear the pit fighter chest piece because I like seeing my abs (if Sylvari have abs), my skin pattern, and my glow.

If Anet would add more cultural armor that exposes more of my torso, I would GLADLY ditch the non-Sylvari armor.

Attachments:

Do not allow the perfect to be the enemy of the good.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Your problem is not picking a light character. 90% of our stuff barely covers anything.

in Sylvari

Doggie.3184

I would love to wear Sylvari armor on my Guardian. Right now I wear the pit fighter chest piece because I like seeing my abs (if Sylvari have abs), my skin pattern, and my glow.

If Anet would add more cultural armor that exposes more of my torso, I would GLADLY ditch the non-Sylvari armor.

Why do they deny us these things? It’s incredibly cruel.