Appearance glitch?

Appearance glitch?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Dark Catalyst.1028

Dark Catalyst.1028

I’m just wondering if anyone else has experienced this while trying to create a Sylvari, but the colors from the character selection screen don’t seem to translate well into the live game. I picked the charcoal color for my body markings, and a dark reddish color for my hair which looked fine during character creation. But when I actually got into the game, these features both appeared as a garish bright red.

Is this just the way it is, meaning I should avoid certain colors or is my character somehow glitched?

Appearance glitch?

in Sylvari

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I might have something to do with the lighting, try finding a very well lit area in game and seeing if the colours look closer to how they did in Character Creation.
I do think the colours might be a little different, but it’s not a glitch it’s more about how the character creation screen handles colour and lighting (would be my guess). At least it isn’t like Aion, the skin colours in their character creation weren’t close to how they looked in game at all >.>

Appearance glitch?

in Sylvari

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

get the hell out of caledon forest and see yourself in lion’s arch during the day, with your character facing the sun (meaning your shadow should be on your back).

that should give you the same lighting as character creation.

shadowed areas can sometimes make your eyes seem darker than usual, which is annoying, and caledon forest (and the grove to an extent) is full of areas with weird lighting. i used to think my guardian glowed pink back when i created him.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell