Armor Glow

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Loic.4367

Loic.4367

So my fairly recent Sylvari guardian has been a whole lot of fun, and I think a lot of the cultural armor is just gorgeous. He’s currently wearing the T2 chest and leggings. I think it looks great, but I noticed that at night, the armor has luminescent parts much like the Sylvari themselves. Unfortunately, the light seems to only ever be white.

Do any of the other cultural armor sets glow? And if so, is it just always white? If that’s the case, I’m surprised the color of the glow doesn’t just default to the same color as your sylvari’s own bioluminescence.

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Dovahnah.6947

Dovahnah.6947

Tier 2 Cultural light armor: Also glows when my sylvari does, but as OP said seems mostly white glow. Only one spot on my armor glows a color other then white.

Attachments:

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Schroedingercat.7065

Schroedingercat.7065

My glow color glows whatever color i set it to, it just lightens the color. so if i made it purple it would be a weird dayglo purple.

this is tier 1 heavy, since it uses my skin tone as the ‘4th’ color, i ended up making mine gradient from white-purple to orange to yellow.

but ive set it to dark colors before and get a lighter version of the color in my glow.

Attachments:

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Loic.4367

Loic.4367

Is that an actual glow, Schroedinger? Like, the same kind that sylvari have during the night? If so, I’m super jelly that it works on one armor set and not the others.

Here’s my guardian at night, in T2 cultural armor. The white light is the armor, which I don’t seem to have any control of. With slyvari I tend to favor dark or muted colors for armor because I like how it contrasts when their bioluminescence starts up at night, but since I can’t control the glow of the armor, I end up looking like a wooden zebra.

Attachments:

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: DarkRaijin.6348

DarkRaijin.6348

During night, cultural armor follow your “blood/sap” glowing pulse, ofc only a little part of the armors can glow, we are not a light bulb.

On T3 male, you can control the color of this part (white in the example)

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Schroedingercat.7065

Schroedingercat.7065

Is that an actual glow, Schroedinger? Like, the same kind that sylvari have during the night? If so, I’m super jelly that it works on one armor set and not the others.

Here’s my guardian at night, in T2 cultural armor. The white light is the armor, which I don’t seem to have any control of. With slyvari I tend to favor dark or muted colors for armor because I like how it contrasts when their bio luminescence starts up at night, but since I can’t control the glow of the armor, I end up looking like a wooden zebra.

yep it’s an actual glow. the edges of my coat and some of the detailing on my pants and boots pulse like my skin pulses – but i can select what color it pulses.

i would post yours in the armor bugs – since i think all the armor parts should have the luminescence ability – mine has the stomach seam bug and my shoulders don’t luminescence. i am putting off buying the hat until i can find out if it glows or not.

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Nemo.5609

Nemo.5609

I am sorry for being a bit off topic, but does the Twillight Arbor armor glow as well?

Nemo me impune lacessit

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Tubameteor.9408

Tubameteor.9408

I believe parts of the light TA set glow.

Tubameteor/Tubadeath/Tubamage
Sanctum of Rall, Midnight Wardens [WARD]

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: dashin.1025

dashin.1025

So it’s kind of disappointing that not all of the sylvari cultural armor glows. Neither T1 or T2 of the medium armor does. I bought a higher level tier hoping for some cool glowing effects like I see with the light armor and nothing. Does anything think Anet is going to change this?

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Night Chaser.4321

Night Chaser.4321

Yes, please, sylvari’s cultural armors need more love from designers, please do add more glow to the other pieces , at least for all tier 2 , 3

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Here’s my own Sylvari.
I didn’t even know the armor glows until I bought it.

Attachments:

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Dominura.3657

Dominura.3657

TA light armor does not glow.

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

TA light armor does not glow.

And the heavy armor only glows on one patch on the back that’s so random it would probably look better if it didn’t glow at all. The skin’s still nice, though.

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: CindyBunnie.1764

CindyBunnie.1764

TA Light Armor does glow, but I believe it’s just the white spots.

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Altariel.4610

Altariel.4610

My tier 2 light, yeah it Glow

Attachments:

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: catqeer.1954

catqeer.1954

Do any of the light armor cultural sylvari armor glow on males?

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

I’m planning on buying the Sylvari T1 medium female armor and transmuting it to end-game stats, does anyone know whether this specific armor has a glowing effect?

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Anka.3675

Anka.3675

T1 female medium glows on the upper arms and the berries around the waist.

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: AsherTalos.6478

AsherTalos.6478

Does anyone know if the light tier 3 armor glows at all?

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Hantu.2815

Hantu.2815

Does the T1 light glow? I am dying to get my sylvari to 35 and get her that set.

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

T1 female medium glows on the upper arms and the berries around the waist.

Thanks for the answer, +1!

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Does the T1 light glow? I am dying to get my sylvari to 35 and get her that set.

It definately doesn’t glow on a male character. But then again, the T2 light glows on females but does not glow on males, so… I dunno. It could be the same case with the T1.

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

So far as I can tell, none of the cultural light armor glows on males, which is pretty disappointing. :<

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Does the TA armor on a sylvari glow as well? Or is it only our true cultural armor?

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

Does the TA armor on a sylvari glow as well? Or is it only our true cultural armor?

As a male Sylvari wearing TA light, I can confirm that it does glow. It’s very pretty on the skirt, the spots light up.

Edit: added photo for comparison, glowing is on the right.

Attachments:

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

(edited by Golgathoth.3967)

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

As a male Sylvari wearing TA light, I can confirm that it does glow. It’s very pretty on the skirt, the spots light up.

Edit: added photo for comparison, glowing is on the right.

Now i must get this armor….

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Armor Glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

No it does not- at least not on my Sylvari.
was a bit disappointed actually but she looks so much better in it than Human amour that I am happy for now

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)