Blue crystals?

Blue crystals?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Q:

What is the blue crystal material I see on Sylvari infrastructure and weaponry?

Blue crystals?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Secro.5039

Secro.5039

I always thought it was some type of crystallized tree sap. But I don’t think it’s ever been said anywhere.

Blue crystals?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’d never really thought of it before. The Warden weapons in particular do seem like they might be some sort of resin / tree sap as they share a lot of characteristics of Amber, though its odd thakittens blue and not orange if that is the case. Maybe they just thought it looked cooler blue or something.

The Verdant weapons seem more like rocks of some sort.

Blue crystals?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

It honestly just seems like glass to me, at least thats what I felt like it was. Like blown glass objects. Glass can be produced naturally if there is enough heat in a area with a lot of Silica though. So I guess its possible. But that feels out of the Sylvari’s area of production as far as crafting goes.

Of course they are some Sylvari that are armorsmiths and weaponsmiths and such so I guess there is a chance they could work with molten glass.

Blue crystals?

in Sylvari

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

^— That’s what I think also.

Blue crystals?

in Sylvari

Posted by: melonlycake.7348

melonlycake.7348

Glass is a pretty impractical material for a weapon. Unless, of course, it’s enchanted which is possible. Still I think it makes more sense for it to be sap/resin.
Doing a little searching there was a post like this a bit ago that has some pretty good theories.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/races/sylvari/Are-Sylvari-Weapons-a-strong-mineral-like-pale-tree-sap/first#post64401