Curious about the Sylvari NPE

in Sylvari

Posted by: ebrown.8193

ebrown.8193

So I rolled a brand new sylvari warrior because I noticed on another low level alt that completing your first heart is no long required for your personal story. I was very surprised to find that, upon waking from the dream, sylvari are no longer naked. You will never see this text upon talking to the Warden Requisitioner:

“Warden Requisitioner: Ah, a freshly awakened sylvari! Welcome to Tyria, sapling! I’m a member of the Wardens, the protective guard for our homeland here in the Grove. I’m here to provide you with equipment.

Oh, good. In my dream, I had a certain attire…

Warden Requisitioner: I’ve just the thing for you. Here, take this. Now, go speak with Warden Arondele, down the path to your left. She’ll help you get oriented.

Thank you very much!"

I’m guessing the Green Floaty Personal Story Icon is too complicated to understand?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I’ve seen a couple of topics here on the forums asking why they were naked and asking how they can get their gear back, so that might not be entirely inaccurate…

in Sylvari

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

I noticed this, too, and have assumed it was removed to avoid new player confusion. The sylvari were the only race to randomly be naked at the beginning.

That said, even if you didn’t talk to the NPC all you had to do was move far enough from that area for your clothes to appear on you anyway. Some people panic when things are different and post questions rather than explore or, you know, take two steps and talk to an NPC.

Interestingly Arondele will still talk to you about your gear despite the actual interaction of you being naked and getting gear never happening.

in Sylvari

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

this definitely makes the game more shallow, if only a little bit.

it made sense, it makes less sense for sylvary to awaken fully clothed in clothing that don’t even look sylvary to begin with.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Sweetblue Huntress.9856

Sweetblue Huntress.9856

I’ve seen a couple of topics here on the forums asking why they were naked and asking how they can get their gear back, so that might not be entirely inaccurate…

I’ve seen these posts too. It’s a shame it was changed.

Leta Lorelei – Luwythea – Too many more to name
Jade Quarry

in Sylvari

Posted by: Turtle.8910

Turtle.8910

I just rolled a new Sylvari and was severely disappointed by the lack of being naked as well. Similarly, I noticed some changes to the tutorial instance, although I’m not sure if I’m just remembering things from the beta two years ago.

The wiki mentions a ‘Destruction Golem,’ ‘Mean Asura,’ and a skritt that seem to be missing. Additionally, the NPC Ebrox is gone. I guess since they removed bundle weapons/items from the early game he didn’t have a place.

I was really hoping to see the asura and skritt dialogue again. If I remember correctly, it referenced Malomedies being experimented on by the asura. Maybe ANET didn’t want the first exposure to another race to be a negative one?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fighting_the_Nightmare

in Sylvari

Posted by: Toli Rosca.9041

Toli Rosca.9041

I’ve always thought their first armor set should be a more plantlike armor. They’ve just awoken and they should have armor that is grown from their bodies.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I was confused by it at first, but only for a few seconds until I remembered that my character had just been born/hatched/sprouted from their pod and of course they wouldn’t have clothes and weapons right there.

Then I spoke to the Warden and got it back.

But I have seen the posts on the forum. Apparently it was similar to the issue with bundles – a significant number of players noticed things had changed, couldn’t understand why and panicked. Apparently Anet would even get bug reports and support tickets over bundles “breaking” players skills. I guess they decided it was easier to just remove it.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Sylvari

Posted by: JerryMain.4371

JerryMain.4371

I noticed it too when I made a sylvari today, I think it’s really sad it was such a nice touch…

it made sense, it makes less sense for sylvary to awaken fully clothed in clothing that don’t even look sylvary to begin with.

True, but I can live with non looking sylvari clothes, if they at least awaken naked..

I’ve always thought their first armor set should be a more plantlike armor. They’ve just awoken and they should have armor that is grown from their bodies.

Well that’s why they are (read: were) naked.

Please ANet bring this little thing back, make it the first objective or something.
Or make it so that sylvari are naked in the dream too, maybe that would take away the confusion?!

The Only One [One] – Piken Square