Deleting female Sylvari bc nerf to pain sound

in Sylvari

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

The only reason I made one was the pain voice. Like the Asuran ears that go up when attacking, this was the distinctive part of the race that I liked. But arenanet nerfed it into nonexistence a while back.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Your whole situation sounds really creepy.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Sylvari

Posted by: VulShanna.5702

VulShanna.5702

Your whole situation sounds really creepy.

I agree. >.>

in Sylvari

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Wait, the Sylvari pain sound was nerfed? Since when? I haven’t noticed any real difference.

in Sylvari

wolfie.7296

Anyway, deleted. Next time I log in.

in Sylvari

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

It was not nerf, and ArenaNet did not put it in.

It was a glitch in their sound file that made it.

So it was fix and that is all.

However, if only reason you want a female sylvari is because of that one sound. Then it good you move to a different char.

in Sylvari

wolfie.7296

no it wasn’t a glitch. that is a pr reason.

“However, if only reason you want a female sylvari is because of that one sound. Then it good you move to a different char.”

Why is it good?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Do you mean that aweful moan she made every time she was crippled? Please tell me that’s gone… It’s the only thing I truly hate about my sylvari.

in Sylvari

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

no it wasn’t a glitch. that is a pr reason.

“However, if only reason you want a female sylvari is because of that one sound. Then it good you move to a different char.”

Why is it good?

Actually yes, it was a bug
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/audio/As-a-lady-sylvari-mesmer-I-m-sick-of-my-yips/first#post1265327

A mod comments their about that being a bug.

Also the reason it good you leaving the female sylvari.

Is to play a race, you need more then just 1 reason to play it.

Which if you deleted your female just because they fix a audio bug.

That means the only thing you like about the female sylvari was a bug.

Which, a toon you can play for years and so you need tons of reasons to like it.

So to only like a toon because of one reason, well thats not going to last you and you will get bored.

So it best if you move on away from the female sylvari and find a race you have multy things you like about.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Good riddance to that sound I say.

It was as if they had tazed a Chihuahua repeatedly in order to record it.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Sylvari

wolfie.7296

That doesn’t counter what I said about pr. You know, it would have been respectful for you to consider that all games go through rigorous and prolonged testing and qa (qa=quality assurance) processes that take many months. I know why you would not take that into consideration but to say it would be insulting so I won’t. So, with the pain sound present way past release…., what i said is correct and you are wrong.

From the outset those individuals complaining about it knew all along from level 1 that was the way the character was, so them starting to kitten about it to get it nerfed after they chose and played with it deliberately ….arena net should have ignored these people, or put an option in to turn it off. but they have shown to have a caving-in development style to the whiners so I expect nothing less than the continual blandness to be administered. flattening the pain sound makes the sylvari nothing more a human dressed as a tree, rather than a different race with a different personality and quirks that seem alien.

(edited by wolfie.7296)

in Sylvari

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

I’d say if you’re just playing a Sylvari because of a sound bug…well my friend we’re all happy you moved on.
Hopefully that sound means the screaming I always hated about my Sylvari. It is my favorite race but I do not like that sound.

in Sylvari

wolfie.7296

i don’t care if any of you are happy. you all need to keep telling me it for some reason. all i’m stating was that i supported the the race as it was and liked it and think it’s bad the chars personality has changed/nerfed. as for the bug point, it is way too obvious to ‘discover’ it after release since it’s highly noticeable. it would have been great to have an option for it like they do for camera shake from skill use tho (they should have one for blinding white flashes in combat and vistas too). ps the only reason i like the asura is the floppy ears that point up in attack mode. i see that has been whined about as well.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Ok OP-
Delete your Sylvari then if you don’t like the new sound.
Personally I don’t know what the old or new sound, sounds like because I’ve never noticed.
If you dislike it that much, delete your char.
I don’t understand why you are raging about it- do you want it changed back?
Surely that couldn’t have been the only thing you liked about the race?
Btw my Sylvari is not a “human dressed as a tree”- the Sylvari are a very strange and unique race, they are very alien in many many ways.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

No one cares <- Honest truth

in Sylvari

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

I like that the guy named wolfie loves asura because of the dog-like alert ears, and hates sylvari because they no longer make accidental dog barks.

I thought the sound was oddly charming, but it’s for the best that they fixed it. Then again, I did end up deleting my sylvari for unrelated reasons… but maybe I made the same decision as the OP on a subconscious level.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

Thank goodness, that sound was annoying.

Tarnished Coast

in Sylvari

Posted by: DancinPuppeh.8421

DancinPuppeh.8421

How do you nerf a sound? And wha-? I just don’t know… This causes you to delete a character?… As the first reply says you’re creepy. Sorry to be offensive but anyone who enjoyed the “Pain sound a female” needs some help…

in Sylvari

Posted by: Advent.1387

Advent.1387

Lol really? You deleted a toon cuz they altered the way she sounded when she was in pain? No offense but thats jus plain odd/weird. So what? Honestly never noticed any odds sounds with my sylvari and all my toons are sylvari as they are my fav race, granted I play males since I am male and feel very weird playing a female…personal preference, sylvari are a very unique race and they are by no means just “humans dressed as trees”.

Oh and btw you can’t “nerf” a sound…completely wrong usage of the term…jus saying

—Sea Of Sorrows 4 Life—
Level 80 Sylvari Mesmer – Castiel Kyros (Main)
Level 80 Sylvari Ranger – Castiel Gaanmyr (Alt)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

That doesn’t counter what I said about pr. You know, it would have been respectful for you to consider that all games go through rigorous and prolonged testing and qa (qa=quality assurance) processes that take many months. I know why you would not take that into consideration but to say it would be insulting so I won’t. So, with the pain sound present way past release…., what i said is correct and you are wrong.

So is it your opinion that Mr. Cody Chrichton of ArenaNet was lying when he stated the following (emphasis added) in the above link:

“Hello, and thank you to everyone who’s taken the time to post about the issue with all sylvari females “yipping” occasionally when they take damage. A bug was found with one of the sound files—yes, a bona fide bug and not a matter of taste. The problem was fixed in a previous patch. I believe the fix came through with the Wintersday content.”

Is that correct? Am I understanding your position accurately, that you believe this ArenaNEt representative was being dishonest in the above quoted statement?

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

(edited by Melchior.2135)