Did we get shinier?

Did we get shinier?

in Sylvari

Posted by: chupa.2683

chupa.2683

And by ‘us’ I mean the cultural armor. I’m wearing most of the T1 light armor and it’s so shiny and metallic it’s outrageous. If I go for a darker color, I can’t even tell what I dyed it to, it’s just shiny. I don’t remember it being this bad, did it get a makeover this patch?

In other words, tooooo shiny.

Did we get shinier?

in Sylvari

Posted by: VulShanna.5702

VulShanna.5702

Just turn shaders down.

Did we get shinier?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Octavius Evergreen.4608

Octavius Evergreen.4608

My cultural armor got shinier in the hero panel but not on my in game character model. Has anyone else noticed this?

Did we get shinier?

in Sylvari

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

My cultural armor got shinier in the hero panel but not on my in game character model. Has anyone else noticed this?

That is probably a trick of the lighting.
The Hero panel lighting is controlled and constant. Out in the real world the lighting changes and you get shadows from large terrain objects that actually effect the shininess and lightness of your armour.

Did we get shinier?

in Sylvari

Posted by: athuria.2751

athuria.2751

Nah, the hero panel is definitely reflecting what your shaders level is now. Before it used to display at low shaders, but now it reflects whatever you have them actually turned up to in your graphics settings. You can toggle between different levels and see.

Syrlya | Sylvari Mesmer
Arabelle Jones | Human Engineer
Stormbluff Isle

Did we get shinier?

in Sylvari

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

The preview of the T3 Light Sylvari shoulders is different.

It actually has correct lighting on it for once.

In actual play though, nothing has changed sadly.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Did we get shinier?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Arrow Storm.4618

Arrow Storm.4618

my shader settings for my game is set on medium, whereas the shader level in the hero panel preview is clearly on high. so yes (for me), the update changed the hero panel preview to high shaders instead of whatever shaders you chose for your game settings

Did we get shinier?

in Sylvari

Posted by: ekkue.3754

ekkue.3754

i was about to make a new post on this, but noticed this thread
i just got t1 heavy armour and felt a slight twinge of disappointment to see the shinyness that was present in preview wasn’t there in game. i really wanted that iridescence, i loved that it looked like a beetles wing case.

read this thread and went to adjust the shader setting but its already on high, swapping between high and medium doesn’t make any shiny difference, just changes the amount of light falling on it.

and bizarrely, as you can see from the screenshots, lowering it to medium in the logon screen makes it look shinier!

turning on supersample makes no difference either

Attachments: