Do sylvari age?

Do sylvari age?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Random question which occurred to me the other day: do sylvari age? Does their appearance change as they get older? Or do they just stay the same.

We know Canach’s appearance changed, but as I understand it that’s because his experiments affected him.

Do Caithe and Trahearne and the other First Born look the same as they did when they first stepped out of their pods? Or have they changed with time?

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Do sylvari age?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Gabe.6810

Gabe.6810

Sylvari have shown no signs of aging at all, and the only sylvari deaths have not been “natural”

The first born haven’t shown any changes in the ~25 years they’ve been alive.

Do sylvari age?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I doubt they don’t change their age, since they are all very youthful and strong. I haven’t seen any old Sylvari at all so I don’t think they will age. Pretty amazing though.

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Do sylvari age?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Simply put, we don’t know. No sylvari is older than 27 years (any sylvari from the pale tree we know of, anyways), so we don’t know if and how they age.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

Do sylvari age?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

After seeing the recent episode of the Living Story, it does seem that way, at least with Caithe considering how different she looks like when we access her past memories.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Do sylvari age?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Calliope.8675

Calliope.8675

She got a total make-over kit. It did surprise me that she didn’t look like herself.

Sylvari, unlike other races, are unable to recover from damage done to them. There is an NPC in the Grove, I can’t remember the name off the top of my head, who is a mender. He is talking about another Sylvari, who I believe was a warden working in the marshes near the Arbor. She got rot and fungi while she was there and he says she will never be the same again. Malomedies also has suffered this problem after being experimented on by the Asura. He never recovered and bears “scars” from his treatment.

I do imagine, at a some point, Sylvari will show age, perhaps the way elves do (after hundreds of years).