Does this work?

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: MattressDrayke.9318

MattressDrayke.9318

Hey I’m just wondering what you guys think of this…

Do you think a sylvari engineer works?

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

Scarlet Briar was a Sylvari Engineer.

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

the first engineer i saw in game after beta was a sylvari, and i’ve seen many since. I think it works QvQ

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: MattressDrayke.9318

MattressDrayke.9318

Can someone offer my an explanation of why it works?

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: InfernoHero.5687

InfernoHero.5687

Well, think about it.

You’re a plant dude surrounded by a kittenton of other plant dudes that do plant dude stuff.

All of a sudden, this cat dude walks around with this mechanical thing.

You start to question what that is, look it up, research, then start to build some of that stuff yourself.

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The Sylvari are an intensely curious people. They want to learn everything. Engineering is part of everything!

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Renn.8241

Renn.8241

I’m not sure.. I think when you try and finalize character creation after typing a name, the game crashes if it’s a Sylvari Engineer and red writing pops up just saying “We Know”.

In all seriousness of course it works :P
If you’re concerned about realistic practicality then maybe this will justify it, the Sylvari we know chose Humans to take their form and examine their life. Therefore, all classes logically taken by Humans are accessible by Sylvari.

~Renn~ Jade Quarry – Norn, – Ranger.

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Aro.8275

Aro.8275

I run a Sylvari with a flamethrower sometimes.

Why wouldn’t you want a Sylvari with a flamethrower?

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Spudfuzz.6185

Spudfuzz.6185

My boyfriend has a Sylvari Engineer and it’s awesome. The sylvari racial skills (including one elite) are also turrets which are an awesome compliment for the class.

(edited by Spudfuzz.6185)

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I play a Sylvari Engineer. And I do recommend it.

1) The Voice Actor. Oh my god, the voice actor… I have a man-crush or something. It compliments PERFECTLY for any steam-punk style you could possibly go for.

2) The mix of plants and technology is awesome!

3) Lore-wise, Sylvari are very curious, making them natural scientists. They are also already born with their knowledge and education, meaning it is easier for them to become Engineers than other professions. The fact that when a Sylvari their knowledge goes back to the Pale Tree, makes a single Sylvari Engineer a great contribution to the entirety of Sylvari society.

4) Many important Engineer NPCs are Sylvari. The most notable is Scarlet, but also many of the Pact’s Engineers.

Just make your Sylvari have brown skin, and give him black hair. They’ll look just like a black human, and you wont be bothered by the plant stuff.

On the other hand, mixing plants and machines is baddass!

Attachments:

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Malkavian.4516

Malkavian.4516

If we take it say on what we see on character creation, in addition to what he says he saw in the dream, he may have acquired information subconsciously related to engineering to the point where he can do the basics of that profession naturally.

FOR SKYRIM!!!!!

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I play a Sylvari Engineer. And I do recommend it.

1) The Voice Actor. Oh my god, the voice actor… I have a man-crush or something. It compliments PERFECTLY for any steam-punk style you could possibly go for.

2) The mix of plants and technology is awesome!

3) Lore-wise, Sylvari are very curious, making them natural scientists. They are also already born with their knowledge and education, meaning it is easier for them to become Engineers than other professions. The fact that when a Sylvari their knowledge goes back to the Pale Tree, makes a single Sylvari Engineer a great contribution to the entirety of Sylvari society.

4) Many important Engineer NPCs are Sylvari. The most notable is Scarlet, but also many of the Pact’s Engineers.

Just make your Sylvari have brown skin, and give him black hair. They’ll look just like a black human, and you wont be bothered by the plant stuff.

On the other hand, mixing plants and machines is baddass!

Sorry for off topic, but wow…… that character is just… wow One of the (if not the) most good looking and bad@ss sylvari dudes i’ve seen

And erm…. on topic…. i always thought sylvari didn’t really match the engineer profession, but you guys actually gave some pretty legit explanations. I might even create one now, since i kinda always had trouble creating an engi character that i really do enjoy, and i’ve never tried sylvari.

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: airick.9850

airick.9850

I picked a female Sylvari for my Engineer. It’s my second favorite character (next to my male Sylvari Guardian). I would totally recommend it.

Does this work?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Mine is interested in alchemy. I have her only use the alchemy gun and alchemy/environmentally-friendly utilities and the pistol/shield. She’s environmentally friendly. And she uses the plant turrets of her race (healing seed, the offensive one, and the elite). I don’t have her use the machine skills/mines. I know it’s extremely limiting, but it works for me