Female Sylvari and Light Armor

in Sylvari

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

So yeah I have a female sylvari elementalist, I chose a light color for her skin and a short dark hair, it matched perfectly!
The problem is that light armor don’t look good on her, I tried all human ones but they do not look really good as sylvari females don’t have curvy bodies like norn or human, I feel it’s particularly important for them to wear leafy clothes as there are really few in this game. I crafted a lvl80 exotic exalted armor and it really looked good, it’s not like dress or too few clothes, it’s just perfect, but it would be much better if there was a leafy version of that exotic gear…
Right now I have the dress from TA because it’s leafy and I don’t like wearing human clothes, I’ve tried TA’s medium gear and guess what? it felt WAAAAY better than anything I’ve ever tried, and I just can’t transmute because it’s medium armor…

Bottom line is, I’m a light-skinned sylvari, I am going for The Bifrost and I’d like a leafy gear dyed in white/purple-ish to make everything match well, but I seem to fail to find a good combination, any ideas?

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Sylvari

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

cultural armor?

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

cultural armor?

Yeah I thought about buying t3 cultural as it seems the best one, and it’s not a dress, but I’d like to see a sylvari wearing it in-game with white/purple colors.

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

in Sylvari

Posted by: Niji.8034

Niji.8034

Just go to the cultural armor seller and preview it. If you dyed your actual armor with white and purple, the preview will have it too.

Lazul – Sylvari – Elementalist
Drakkar-See[De]

in Sylvari

Posted by: Warzog.6315

Warzog.6315

I personally like the Evergreen Sylvari armor on my Thief. (And it was cheap enough to buy and transmute on when she was level 5.)

Having said that, it has long been one of my complaints about GW2:
Most GW2 armor doesn’t look anywhere as good as it did in GW1. (to me)
Since we do have other races besides human, it seems strange to me that they’re all forced to start with Human armor, and that Human armor is the only kind available from the vendors across Tyria.
I would think that vendors would sell armor appropriate for your race, and that cultural armor would be sold to those not of that race (culture). (I’d love to see some of the Asura armor on other races.)
Not to mention the fact that, in my opinion, cultural armor, at least one, should be available at the same levels as the Human armor from the vendors is.
Of course, I think they’ve done it as they have in order to justify, if not force, the use of transmutation stones.

in Sylvari

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Didn’t really care for the T3 cultural armor for sylvari. I’m actually saving up for a mix of T1 and T2 sylvari light armor, though, my favorite piece of sylvari cultural armor would have to be the t3 heavy helm. If that had been a light armor type it’d be the first piece I’d want to buy.

As to what you said about sylvari females not really having a curvy shape you weren’t looking at all of them then. The last 2 have a great hourglass physique. And personally the dragonfly looking set and masquerade sets look rather good on my female sylvari.

(edited by PlagueParade.7942)

in Sylvari

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

Ps sorry those are my natural colors, royal purple. With close to ends being pastel violet, and the very ends being ice violet. Which gives a kinda white look, but a purplest white look.

The mask is none culture, but keeping it.
The gloves/shoes are t1, but within a week I will have t3 of them.
The shoulderpads are t2, but keeping it.
The pants/shirt is t3, and keeping it of course.

Attachments:

(edited by EsLafiel.4517)