Grove lighting changes

Grove lighting changes

in Sylvari

Posted by: Straylight.7529

Straylight.7529

Why did they change the lighting in the grove? It’s especially noticable in the lowest level.
Before the patch it was quite dark. After the patch everything’s more illuminated.

I wonder whether it’s a glitch or intentional because on the top level when you walk from the entrance of the grove towards the central plaza there’s a glitch introduced with the latest patch where the whole screen gets dark and cloudy just for a second. Not sure if the lighting changes on the lowest level is also a glitch or intentional.

Both screenshots were taken during nighttime

Attachments:

(edited by Straylight.7529)

Grove lighting changes

in Sylvari

Posted by: Reganov.3569

Reganov.3569

I think that might be a client-side thing, the bottom floor of the grove has always been more like the right one there (It may have happened for you when they altered the graphics engine a little a few patches ago). As for flickering I’m not 100% sure I haven’t gone there yet this patch.

Lore appropriate response;
Luminescence.

Wolfred Darkwater – Fort Aspenwood

Grove lighting changes

in Sylvari

Straylight.7529

I’m not sure what you mean with “always been more like the right one”. It can’t be more than one. It’s either or. As you can see on the left picture it used to look different. So no, it did not look like the right one.
The picture on the left was taken about a month ago, the picture on the right was taken yesterday. The pictures clearly show that there’s a difference. They were both taken at nighttime.

(edited by Straylight.7529)

Grove lighting changes

in Sylvari

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

It seems that the last patch brought back the “old” night with all its effects.
Intended by anet? I dont think so.

Grove lighting changes

in Sylvari

Straylight.7529

What is the “old” night and its effects? And does it affect every map?

Grove lighting changes

in Sylvari

Posted by: MidnightX.6294

MidnightX.6294

I only noticed night-changes in the grove. The darker night, sky and moon they implemented and the particles above the ponds, the darker distant-fog… But this is all gone since last patch.