Hair Highlights

Hair Highlights

in Sylvari

Posted by: Homitu.7216

Homitu.7216

Is there an option for this that I’m missing in Sylvari character creation? My male guardian seems to have purple/pink highlights at the tips no matter what hair color I choose. The main chunks of hair change color, but not the tips. The tips also do not seem to correspond with skin color, skin pattern color or glow color, none of which are pink/purple.

If these highlights are simply an unchangeable part of your chosen hairstyle, then so be it. I just want to be sure before I proceed with this character.

Hair Highlights

in Sylvari

Posted by: Lenrt.6102

Lenrt.6102

Some parts of a sylvari’s body glow in the dark. When you choosing the skin colour there is a second set of colours which set the glow. There is an option to switch to day/night during char creation (the icon is a light bulb), use it to preview the glow.

Hair Highlights

in Sylvari

Homitu.7216

Some parts of a sylvari’s body glow in the dark. When you choosing the skin colour there is a second set of colours which set the glow. There is an option to switch to day/night during char creation (the icon is a light bulb), use it to preview the glow.

My glow was set to banana, a bright yellow. (I mentioned and accounted for glow in my OP :p)

Hair Highlights

in Sylvari

Posted by: Gomoratoad.9867

Gomoratoad.9867

I think it’s just an unchangeable thing (never saw an option for it), meant to add a bit of color variation. It seems to act differently depending on hairstyle, too – one of my characters has blue hair that fades to green at the tips, but the fade color changes based on the chosen hair color. One of the other hairstyles always has brown tips though, regardless of hair color.

Hair Highlights

in Sylvari

Homitu.7216

I think it’s just an unchangeable thing (never saw an option for it), meant to add a bit of color variation. It seems to act differently depending on hairstyle, too – one of my characters has blue hair that fades to green at the tips, but the fade color changes based on the chosen hair color. One of the other hairstyles always has brown tips though, regardless of hair color.

Ok, thanks. Those were all the same observations I made too. I chose the hairstyle I did because it most closely resembled fire. A variety of hair colors for that hairstyle seem to completely change the color of the hair, including the tips. But the colors I wanted to use, any of the shades of golden yellowish orange, all seem to leave pink tips, which look completely awkward in the color scheme I was going for. It looks great at nighttime with the blazing glow I chose, which seems to temporarily override the pink.

Forcing you to have pink highlights for only a couple hair color choices for that one particular hairstyle seems so bizarre to me that I’m wondering if it’s a bug.