New Changes to Sylvari Cultural Armor

in Sylvari

Posted by: Serasvictia.4769

Serasvictia.4769

Well, I just logged in today and found all my armor dyes to be messed up. I’m wearing T3 medium and now I can’t even dye the stem part of the shoulder armor. It just has the dye remover color and is really ugly.

What do you guys think? Anet conspiracy to force us with OCD to buy new armor skins?

in Sylvari

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

Seems they can’t make anyone happy. It’s supposed to be primarily a roll back after the huge back lash on the last patch when they changed a lot of the textures/dye channels on the Sylvari cultural armor. It will be interesting to see how the majority ends up feeling about this second change.

Going to add that I just checked out my tier 3 light female armor, and I’m VERY happy with the changes. It still has glow, but all of the awesome textures and shading is back and I can get a dye look very close to what I had before all these crazy changes. I’m happy!

(edited by SuLor.2840)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

They should’ve just roll back t3 light. I actually had a nice thing going with t2 med but it’s impossible now ;(

in Sylvari

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

Yeah my syvari elementalist just went from fabulous to kittening dreadful AND now my nightmare armor seems to have lost all its glow as well.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

It’s because it’s dyed a dark color. She made it so brighter colors would glow brighter and darker colors would glow less, as a compromise for those who want bright glow can use bright colors and those who don’t want glow or subtle glow can use darker colors.

in Sylvari

Posted by: StarbornStriker.6493

StarbornStriker.6493

What about those of us who already had dark colored armor with a bright glow and wanted it that way? Why should armors which already glowed be touched in the first place?

in Sylvari

Marquie Thomas.1873

It’s because it’s dyed a dark color. She made it so brighter colors would glow brighter and darker colors would glow less, as a compromise for those who want bright glow can use bright colors and those who don’t want glow or subtle glow can use darker colors.

Problem is even with light colors they do not glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Combination NC.9813

Combination NC.9813

That could be a bug; I have the T3 light skirt on my mesmer, and his still glows. Not as much as before (which I am very, very thankful for as he used to light up like a neon sign at night), but the glow is without a doubt there.

So I am very, very happy with this update. The things I loved about T3 that were removed in favour for glow is back, and I am thrilled to have my glossy leaves with subtle shading again. The hues and the shading are not quite as they were before the glow update, but I am happy with the compromise.

After the previous update walking through the Grove made me feel rather sad because the NPCs looked wilted, much like dying autumn leaves. Now they have most of their shine back, so I actually like being around the Grove again. Thank you so much for this update!

Knights of the Round Vegetable [SASS], Tarnished Coast.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Amria.2461

Amria.2461

Very happy with the change.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Verene.1480

Verene.1480

That could be a bug; I have the T3 light skirt on my mesmer, and his still glows. Not as much as before (which I am very, very thankful for as he used to light up like a neon sign at night), but the glow is without a doubt there.

So I am very, very happy with this update. The things I loved about T3 that were removed in favour for glow is back, and I am thrilled to have my glossy leaves with subtle shading again. The hues and the shading are not quite as they were before the glow update, but I am happy with the compromise.

After the previous update walking through the Grove made me feel rather sad because the NPCs looked wilted, much like dying autumn leaves. Now they have most of their shine back, so I actually like being around the Grove again. Thank you so much for this update!

I have light t3 on my female sylvari dyed with Violite, Celestial, and Ancient Silver. Before it was a very bright, visible glow, which matched her as I have her glow set to white with the slider all the way up. Now it’s so dim it may as well not be there

Bright colors do not make it glow more.

Leader of I Can Outtweet a Centaur! [TWIT] | Owner of Under the Pale Tree
twitguild.enjin.com | thepaletree.net
Twitter: @LadyVerene | @TWITGuild | @ThePaleTree

in Sylvari

Marquie Thomas.1873

I have light t3 on my female sylvari dyed with Violite, Celestial, and Ancient Silver. Before it was a very bright, visible glow, which matched her as I have her glow set to white with the slider all the way up. Now it’s so dim it may as well not be there

To make it even glow the slightest at night you have to dye the main channel now a bright color problem is i will not ruin my dye channel just to make the glow visable and the glow only makes the armor ugly now

in Sylvari

Posted by: Cottontail.8526

Cottontail.8526

Some of the change is cool… the armor does look more vibrant, which is nice. Now, however, the glow… uhm, what? I cant find a single dye that works.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Combination NC.9813

It depends on which bright colour, then. I use hot pink, which is definitely a bright colour, and my skirt glow is bright and clearly visible without going into neon sign territory. I switched to a muted dark purple (Anet, may I request some more dark pink dyes please) to check the difference, and the glow was less visible with it.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Verene.1480

Verene.1480

It depends on which bright colour, then. I use hot pink, which is definitely a bright colour, and my skirt glow is bright and clearly visible without going into neon sign territory. I switched to a muted dark purple (Anet, may I request some more dark pink dyes please) to check the difference, and the glow was less visible with it.

Well, as I mentioned, I’m using Violite as my main color, which is one of the toxic dye pack colors. It is (or was, anyway) a very vivid bright purple. Now it hardly glows at all, and the dye itself has lost all of the vividness that it previously had.

Leader of I Can Outtweet a Centaur! [TWIT] | Owner of Under the Pale Tree
twitguild.enjin.com | thepaletree.net
Twitter: @LadyVerene | @TWITGuild | @ThePaleTree

in Sylvari

Combination NC.9813

Well, as I mentioned, I’m using Violite as my main color, which is one of the toxic dye pack colors. It is (or was, anyway) a very vivid bright purple. Now it hardly glows at all, and the dye itself has lost all of the vividness that it previously had.

Which is why I said it depends on which bright colour you use; it clearly works with some of them. Blanket statements does not work here.

Unless the “bright” was meant as in light, rather than the vivid definition of the word? The colours I have tried it with so far (and has gotten obvious glow with) has been light and medium ones.

in Sylvari

Posted by: ewhalen.8604

ewhalen.8604

I’m very happy with the change, too. It’s almost like my old colors, but they seem a little more vibrant than before (maybe because of different dyes, I don’t know), and they still have some of that glow. ^^

in Sylvari

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I have my beautiful Ranger back to her full glory, thank you so much Kirsten

Gunnar’s Hold

in Sylvari

Posted by: ionfone.5803

ionfone.5803

I know you can’t please everyone, but I just wanted to voice my concerns about the last update. I figured it would be here to stay, so I dropped a lot of gold on coloring my T3 cultural to work with the Hellfire achievement armor. I logged in today to find that every color I have (even Molten dyes) can’t replicate what I had before. Here’s a before and after of what happened.

Suggestion
Is it at all possible to find a middle ground? Maybe make all dyes of a particular material behave differently from another type? This would give people the option of dying to more natural tones to dying to bolder or even ‘glow’ heavy colors. Vibrant could be like it was before and Natural Leather and Metallic dyes could behave like they do now.

At the very least, can the back half of the T3 female chest piece actually match the color in question? Every red and orange I have becomes a bright pink or purple from the backside when dying one part of it. It looks nice if you use another color to complement it, but if you’re mixing and matching armor like myself, it’s nigh impossible.

(edited by ionfone.5803)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Kattami.2084

Kattami.2084

I’m in the same spot as ionfone. Literally, since my sylvari actually looks almost the exact same, strangely. But yeah I miss the vibrancy of the colors we had, compared to their newer, dull shades. And when I dye something orange, I don’t want purples and greens and reds…I want orange. I also really miss how the leaves on the chest and the stems on the shoulders completely lose the separate color down the center. They were tied to the second dye box, but were changed over to the first dye box. So now you can’t dye those separately like in ionfone’s first picture, they HAVE to be the same color as the rest of the jacket.

If anet moves the stem colors back to the second dye box, that would be amazing. And the suggestions ionfone made would be a good way to try and please both crowds. As for the purples and such mixing in to the jacket now…would it be possible to just add a 4th dye box to the jacket? Let us be able to choose what those additional colors are, instead of just sticking us with set colors like that. The people who want their purple accents can have it, while others like ionfine and I, who want it to just be orange, can keep it orange.

Seeki of [CORE]
Isle of Janthir

in Sylvari

Marquie Thomas.1873

i think people are blind as a bat the new armor is like ten time’s darker then how they originally looked and the glow pannle adds a kittening ugly red shade on the leaves in front and the torso. if she was gonna make this change just revert them all the way back not make them uglier and drag the nightmare armor down with it.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Lady Lozza.9670

Lady Lozza.9670

Honestly Anet just add a glow slider to sylvari armour. Right now unless you use a pastel dye you can’t see any glow at all, it’s ridiculous. Put a slider in so those who don’t want to look like neon signs can tone it down and those who want their dark colours to glow can have them too.

Or integrate the glow slider with the glow slider at character creation – full glow = neon sign and dark colours glowing, minimum glow = the silly change made today.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

i think people are blind as a bat the new armor is like ten time’s darker then how they originally looked.

So not my memory playing tricks then? I use mostly emerald on my T3 light and it looks much, much darker than I remember it. The rear skirt part in particular is nearly black. The dye is named emerald, not onyx.

(edited by Paul.4081)

in Sylvari

Posted by: valSe.9743

valSe.9743

Why did you remove the glow from the back of the light t3 skirt? When you introduced the glow effects on the light t3 armor, we had the central venation of big leaves on the back of the leggings glowing, while now it’s completely gone.

Any reason behind this decision?

Cariddi | Sylvari ele | Gandara

in Sylvari

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

i think the idea of kattami with the fourth dye channel for medium t3 is great anf the idea of switching the dye channels too

when i am reading the forum we need to make more clear which armors we are using
what i saw is that the rollback of medium t3 was wrong. i think all adventurer with this armor can underline this?
medium t2 are different meanings but okay i dont like this armor in general.
for the heavy armor i cant read much but some people miss the glow like last week
and the light armor is really difficult and its hard to solve the problem to make all scholars happy. especially for t3.

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Insidion the Insane.9752

Insidion the Insane.9752

i think people are blind as a bat the new armor is like ten time’s darker then how they originally looked and the glow pannle adds a kittening ugly red shade on the leaves in front and the torso. if she was gonna make this change just revert them all the way back not make them uglier and drag the nightmare armor down with it.

I remember last month you told us who were negatively affected by the patch to “bite the bullet”, “get to mixing and matching to find some things that can work” and that wanting to have them reverted was selfish.
What’s with the sudden change of heart?

in Sylvari

Marquie Thomas.1873

I remember last month you told us who were negatively affected by the patch to “bite the bullet”, “get to mixing and matching to find some things that can work” and that wanting to have them reverted was selfish.
What’s with the sudden change of heart?

First off Nightmare armor looks like kitten now thats my biggest beef the t3 armor is now 10 times darker then when its was first changed and thats course of the glow panel thats were added in oct and the old texture and now the fact the armor doesn’t glow even when bright colors are used.

A roll back to how it was before the october patch would have ben blatantly better now the armor is just plain Horrible and dye’s horrendously. I dont care about the textures but when you break The nightmare armor thats was good as is and unrelated to what players were QQ about in the first place thats highly annoying.

In short i am a little annoyed at the fact the nightmare armor had to be ruined if they had just re rolled back to before octobers patch i wouldn’t have given a danm. But no they killed the glow on all the sets. And now the dye shades for both the set are way darker then what they use to be emerald dye is almost onyx on t3 skirt.

(edited by Marquie Thomas.1873)

in Sylvari

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

The Colors and textures of the cultural armors seem to be back to their original state, which is good, as they always looked like that but…

THIS time the update effects the nightmare armor too, which actually ruined it for me. It’s not about the Colors at all, they’re perfect, but just because we wear darker colored leafes doesn’t mean we don’t want to glow at all!

I’ve been wearing this armor (nightmare light / male) for more than a year now, and I LOVED it to be colored in a dark green, therefore glowing in a bright green at night.

But now it doesn’t even glow at all, because the Color is too dark. If I want my glowing Color back, I’d have to Color it in a pale green, which makes it look horribly! The tweaks to the glowing shader ruined it. It should be set back to ist original state or there should be 2 shaders, one for the cultural clothes and another for the nightmare armors. It’s really frustrating. It was said NOT to touch the nightmare armors, but now they did, which is really making me angry. -.-"

I want my nightmare armor back the way it has ALWAYS been! I hate the new style. Dark Colors don’t have that much of a contrast on the skirt anyway, unlike light ones, but light ones often doesn’t fit or even look good. The lighter glowing Color DID bring a great contrast at night, but now it’s totally gone.

Trahearne <3

in Sylvari

Posted by: Tsuki Hitotsu.2097

Tsuki Hitotsu.2097

Best rollback ever. I even went ahead and changed my sylvari’s skin colour from light to dark just to make sure that when they reworked it again, I won’t be too glowy. (which is granted as they said this update was to"predominantly restored to the state before the last update, while balancing them to work with the glow material.")

I’m using T3 medium and can honestly say that what they have changed with the reroll works perfectly (Additional dye slots to the boots and leggings in particular). Ofc, when first logging back on it took a while to find the old colours I used, but gosh, they look good. I feel, currently, like the glow is a lot darker on the set, but that’s probably due to just how much they glowed in the previous patch, as well as the fact my sylvari went from light grey to dark purple. A slider could help though, since I guess people have different preferences. I prefer my Sylvari to be leafy, others prefer them to look like a firefly.

However, I was completely unaware that they changed nightmare armour, I don’t recall it being in the update notes and I suppose it doesn’t affect the sets I have so I wouldn’t know. Again, it’s another case of changing things without it every coming to light that that “needed” to be changed, and if Nightmare armour was as commonly used as T3 human, then I’m sure there’d be a much greater response.

in Sylvari

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

I just leveled a female sylvari mesmer to 80 and began looking at light armour options.

The only sylvari cultural armour that looks half-decent is the medium, particularly T1.
Why is the cultural light so crap??

And before anyone suggests mix-and-match, I have gone though this very extensively already on both my human ranger and norn guardian. All I want this time is something easy, that goes with the nature aspect of the race, and not involve grinding dungeons.

I welcome any suggestions …

EDIT: I am currently in Zhed’s armour set only for the stats and runes. Cheaper buying this than crafting zerker, but it looks terrible ..

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

(edited by bri.2359)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I just leveled a female sylvari mesmer to 80 and began looking at light armour options.

The only sylvari cultural armour that looks half-decent is the medium, particularly T1.
Why is the cultural light so crap??

And before anyone suggests mix-and-match, I have gone though this very extensively already on both my human ranger and norn guardian. All I want this time is something easy, that goes with the nature aspect of the race, and not involve grinding dungeons.

I welcome any suggestions …

EDIT: I am currently in Zhed’s armour set only for the stats and runes. Cheaper buying this than crafting zerker, but it looks terrible ..

I love the Sylvari cultural and wear at least some bits on all my sylvaris.
On my light Sylvari’s
( they are mix and match but did not involve grinding in any way )

my Mesmer is straight up tier one, with an ele storm eye and a lightning catcher back piece

But I love how my Necro looks-
she wears t2 leggings,
winged coat,
t2 boots and gloves. with starter demon head piece (not in pic)

My Ele – I really like too and I went for very plain-
t1 coat, whispers leggings,
t2 boots and gloves,
and a desert rose back piece
I am keeping the Sunhelm for her-
she will use a t3 Sylvari staff once she hits 80.

hope this gives you some ideas

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

in Sylvari

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Thanks Morrigan, will check these out better when I get home!

EDIT
Ok, had a better look …
My problem is I really do not like the light armour skirt/robe look.
I had this problem with medium (coats) and heavy armour as well.
Having said that, I do not like any of the sylvari T1 light pieces. Not a fan of the T2 skirt, but your 2nd image is not bad. I do not like T3 either, plus the T3 chest looks completely out of place.

The image below is the sort of thing I would like to do, but this is medium.

I will probably just buy some cheap Student set.
Shame the light cultural is so bad…

Attachments:

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

(edited by bri.2359)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

i think people are blind as a bat the new armor is like ten time’s darker then how they originally looked.

It actually isn’t, the original was quite dark, then the change happened which made colours stand out more but texture was lost, then the current change is back to dark and textured…what most people seem to want is the colour and the texture in the same set.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Cottontail.8526

Cottontail.8526

It actually isn’t, the original was quite dark, then the change happened which made colours stand out more but texture was lost, then the current change is back to dark and textured…what most people seem to want is the colour and the texture in the same set.

I want them to roll it all the way back. If you aren’t going to give the glow a separate dye channel then it shouldn’t be there.

Let’s take a colorful race of salad humanoids and give them 2-tone armor… where the tone of the second half is red-shifted and glows at night only if you’re lucky. It’s impossible to get the stuff matching unless you’re using tints. It’s just aesthetically jarring and contrary to sylvari design.

I’ve given up on making something that matches my theme since it can’t even dye it properly.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

Somebody mentioned up there that the changes were made like “lighter dyes are more lighter now, and darker colors don’t really glow so people who don’t want to glow can make that”.

Let’s make it clear because I think there is a serious misunderstanding between us the devs. We buy cultural armor FOR the glow. To feel like a sylvari, to make ourselves different from the other races. Generalizing sylvari like this takes away from the profile, the personality of an entire race.