Q sylvari world to powerful

in Sylvari

Posted by: jmajuri.3614

jmajuri.3614

why is it that almost all of the enemies in the sylvari world are massively over powered. the story is my first example i am doing a level 16 part and all of the enemies do 90 to 200 points damage. i am a thief with little hp. then there is the krat witch she is impossible to kill. i have tried with about 15 players to kill her and we all die in two maybe three hits. i thought this game was supposed to be balanced. I would mind have a couple high level players come and help but they are level capped because of the area. So at this point i wasted money and time trying out a uncommonly played race. i now understand why no one wants to be sylvari. what i think need to hapkitten the devs need to blance out the entire area so that it will be enjoyable to play a sylvari.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Zidijan.4826

Zidijan.4826

I didn’t find it hard at all. If you’re dying too much, I guarantee you that you aren’t specced for toughness, vitality, or healing power and focusing on raw dps. If so, you really can’t complain about dying

in Sylvari

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

Well, first off, the Krait Witch is a group event. You’re going to need a good 5+ players in order to complete that event. I can’t say I believe that you’ve attempted her with 15 players, unless they were all new players who were still learning the game.

As for the level 16 Sylvari story, which part is that? My first playthrough to level 40 was on a Sylvari Thief, and I don’t recall having any sort of significant issue that made me want to put the game down.

Sylvari, though, are not an uncommonly played race, and their area is no harder than any other race’s to complete.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Wolf.4185

Wolf.4185

“i am a thief with little hp”

Maybe you should try specing for more hp or playing a little more defensively. If you’re playing melee (daggers or sword) and getting destroyed, try going pistols or short bow (the #5 on the short bow lets you get away pretty well).

Also, the krait witch is a group event as Cinder mentioned and its also in the zone that the humans and Asura go through as well, so its not some “massively over powered” Sylvari boss. And if you’re having trouble living in 2 dimensions against some mobs, then fighting an even harder one in 3 dimensions might be a ways off for you.

Also, there was an article ( http://guildwars2viz.com/ ) that has a list of race / class / profession numbers. Top picked race was human, then Norn. Sylvari and Asura were tied for 3rd and Charr some how was last. And notice that humans, the top picked race, share the exact same zones (after the first one) as the Sylvari and even Asura. So it’s not the race that’s causing you to die…

If you’re truly having trouble, try giving this a read…
http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/krewe-movement-matters/

And remember, you may do some sweet damage as a glass cannon, but you might do even more damage over time if you actually live.

Can’t spell Slaughter with out laughter.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Cinder.4865

Cinder.4865

Also, the krait witch is a group event as Cinder mentioned and its also in the zone that the humans and Asura go through as well, so its not some “massively over powered” Sylvari boss.

Actually, there is a Krait Witch, as well, in the Sylvari starting zone. I believe the one you’re talking about is in Gendarran Fields.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ars Valde.8693

Ars Valde.8693

Also, the krait witch is a group event as Cinder mentioned and its also in the zone that the humans and Asura go through as well, so its not some “massively over powered” Sylvari boss.

Actually, there is a Krait Witch, as well, in the Sylvari starting zone. I believe the one you’re talking about is in Gendarran Fields.

There’s the Blood Witch in the Kessex Hills, as well as the Krait Witch which is part ofa Hylek event chain in Caledon.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Dark.6083

Dark.6083

The Krait Witch in Caledon Forest is a PitA. I’ve wandered through all the 1-15 zones (for zone completion), and she’s easily the toughest group event boss, especially if she gets out of the village (which always happens since people are dodging), at which point you have to deal with constantly spawning adds. I’ve killed her 2-3 times, and I only ever bother engaging if there’s at least another half dozen players running in that direction.

Haven’t had problems with the Personal Story, though it may depend on which one you picked.

in Sylvari

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I am a ’sperg and I whistled straight through all the 1-15 zones with maybe a half dozen deaths. So the OP must be doing something wrong, or is specced wrong.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Hazerd.6089

Hazerd.6089

Krait witches in general are bad news and should be either ran from or attacked in large numbers they tend to surprise people.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Dark.6083

Dark.6083

They have this horrible attack where they launch a harpoon at multiple people, dragging them in towards her poison cloud. Then they rip your face off.

in Sylvari

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

Oh I remember that harpoon.

Its what made me love the Staff on my Mesmer. Hit Phase Retreat the instant you recognize a harpoon is about to be launched/coming at you, and the Harpoon grabs the Clone instead of you.

I ended up using the same tactic again in later levels, when a Krait Boss event would send out multiple harpoons, pull, then do a deadly spin while everyone is still stuck on the ground. I learned quickly relearned that when the Boss isn’t chasing me, to stand behind a clone while attacking to avoid that.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

in Sylvari

Posted by: dargon.7253

dargon.7253

why is it that almost all of the enemies in the sylvari world are massively over powered. the story is my first example i am doing a level 16 part and all of the enemies do 90 to 200 points damage. i am a thief with little hp. then there is the krat witch she is impossible to kill. i have tried with about 15 players to kill her and we all die in two maybe three hits. i thought this game was supposed to be balanced. I would mind have a couple high level players come and help but they are level capped because of the area. So at this point i wasted money and time trying out a uncommonly played race. i now understand why no one wants to be sylvari. what i think need to hapkitten the devs need to blance out the entire area so that it will be enjoyable to play a sylvari.

You obviously haven’t tried the event with the elemental in the Asura newbie zone

in Sylvari

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

You obviously haven’t tried the event with the elemental in the Asura newbie zone

Yeah, that event is just evil because people sit in the bottleneck and get taken out en masse.

in Sylvari

Posted by: selfabuse.6590

selfabuse.6590

While the Krait Witch is very hard, I found it to be one of my most fun battles in the game (Admittedly, I’m only level 17, so I haven’t been playing for all that long). There were ~10 people fighting her – I died no less than 5 times, and ran straight back in to the thick of it each time. Yes, it was very difficult, but that made beating her that much more satisfying.

in Sylvari

Posted by: jmajuri.3614

jmajuri.3614

Thank You to all who have posted. I have decided that for now ill try a different toon. So thanks for all the input and ideas. Enjoy your time in game. Also this is the greatest community of gamers that I have had the chance to play with.

Jmajuri

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ten.8421

Ten.8421

The Krait Witch is the only truly hard event in Caledon, in my opinion.
Bloody snake can go have tea with the bloody fire elemental grumblegrumble.

Though I am often frustrated during the actual battle with those two catastrophes, in hindsight, I always love it. There are optional bosses that are harder than some dungeon bosses, in the very first zones. I mean, that’s just really cool if you think about it.

Gamut Gaming Group [GGG], an inclusive non-oppression, non-prejudice, non-normativity group.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ageia.5843

Ageia.5843

I was just wondering what server you are on that there are hardly no Sylvari. It seems on my server every time I turn around there are Sylvari and when I’m in the Sylvari styled zones, There are always tons of people. I don’t mean to flame, and that is not my intention but if you are really having that much difficulty, maybe thief is not the class for you? I only say this because I had the same issue with an Elementalist and when I changed to another profession, I did fine. Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. Find yours and play them to your advantage!