Racials

Racials

in Sylvari

Posted by: SilverRule.7426

SilverRule.7426

Q:

I am deciding between sylvari and human, and currently am having a really hard time deciding. I like the nature archetype but I don’t know if I want to be limited to it.
I am probably going to play an Elementalist and since I don’t use their elites much I am turning to racials to at least add a cool “wow” effect, if not use them effectively in combat.
So how effective are the racials of the Sylvari. I’m mostly wondering about the elites/seed turret.

Racials

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ikoshin.2430

Ikoshin.2430

The Elite Summon Druid Spirit, or “Oakheart Spirt” is nice it heals and can draw conditions from allies. When it roots it dose a AOE that dose a good bit of damage to enemy’s. Drawback is its kinda squishy and can go down fairly fast.

I like that the Take Root or Seed turret gives you 3 seconds of invulnerability however the turrets that spawn will attack anything within their range, white mobs included. Its at best situational and might be good in pvp when a group of people near you but can sometimes get you into trouble in pve.

The Summon Fern Mastiff I think is a bit lackluster however, when summoned it lasts for one minute adds poison and bleeding conditions to enemy’s. You can summon it right before you go into water and it will stay up for the full summon time. It is also fairly easy to kill however It is cool to see a Sylvari Ranger with a Juvenile Fern Hound and a summoned Fern Mastiff.

with all the skills you can not summon them underwater which is unfortunate.

Edit: Forgot to mention the Take Root summons 5 turrets in a circle around you. unlike the utility skill which only summons one.

(edited by Ikoshin.2430)