Rate the Sylvari above yours!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

I remember seeing something like this in the human forums, so I’d thought making one above sylvari a great idea! To the people asking, I’m in the heart of the mists, simply because I dislike my PvE gear.

Note: This post Is created only for fun, no harsh language please!

How: Post pictures of your sylvari then rate the one above your post on 1 to 10.

Attachments:

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

(edited by Phantom Master.9582)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

8/10 I dont like the wings sadly any way here is my elementalist i dont have the rose back skin yet but hey

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

9½/10
I would consider using a different staff skin with him, but that is the only “negative” thing I have to say.

I really like the colors you have chosen for his armor and how they fit with his skin and glow color. It looks like he could have grown his own armor.

I also really like that he is actually quite color full, with shades of green, blue and the more dramatic yellow. I can see the elements in him. Very well done!

Here is my mesmer. I cannot say I have been very original with her color wise (and the Kasmeer skin was just too tempting).

Despite not having the most original look, I like her just as she is.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

^8.5/10 I do not judge by originality, I judge by looks
She looks very pretty, her skin/clothes truly makes her feel like a sylvari, and she reflects the class she is so well.

I’ll be posting my other sylvari to help this thread catch its fire. This is my Villain, scarlet should be scared!

Attachments:

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

(edited by Phantom Master.9582)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

9/10

Where is he?! xD Which, I think was your goal, was it not? I like the eyes, too

My Sylvari Mesmer
I’m going to get Kasmeer’s Staff for her, keep that in mind. I just figured I would spice up this thread. Perhaps I will update once I get Kasmeer’s Staff for her (need to craft a staff to put it on!).

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

9/10

She reminds me very much of an Iris flower
I like how you used the tier 2 top- a skin that I personally dislike but it looks great on her
And I think the green on green layers of skin hair and glow looks amazing

Here is my Ranger- sadly this was before the armour change and I can’t get her to look right after- but she is my only lvl80 Sylvari
Will post some of my babies later, I love them all

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

in Sylvari

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

8.5, the back item suits your toon and colours. When I got the desert rose it looked like I had a second head growing out of my back

Here’s my Sylvari Necro in a happy mood

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Waffle.1735

Waffle.1735

^ 8.5 because i love the green’s. Mine is a trap ranger named Pancakemixx hope you all like her.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

kitten , that’s what you call a mix
7 because while gas mask somehow oddly does fit the outfit, the gloves don’t :/

this is my thief >:)

Attachments:

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Sylvari

Posted by: niek.7931

niek.7931

The set isn’t really my type, but you made the best out of it. The black/white combination fits well. I also like the red eyes with the glowing dagger! 9/10

This is my Sylvari Necromancer:

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Link.7038

Link.7038

Waw , awesome! I’ve always wanted a female sylvari because the combinations you can create are really sleek! Love the colours also, the eyes are breathtaking!

Here is Feylink:
He glows in the dark

Attachments:

Feylink Piken Square [EU] – GWEN

in Sylvari

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

7.5/10 – The gas mask honestly terrifies me
I like the armour and colour combination though, there’s something almost pine-conish about it.

This is Amfortas Agravain – I know he’s not the most Sylvarish Sylvari, considering the lack of cultural armour, but once I got him in Heritage Gear I couldn’t bring myself to take it off. I <3 how noble he looks in it. He looks a little different now as he has the Sclerite back piece and a Zenith staff (which I’ve decided looks tacky and I want to get rid of it..), but for the most part this is still pretty much what he looks like.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: EsLafiel.4517

EsLafiel.4517

8/10 he okay, and he got a nice noble look, but the face is what bothers me me. Maybe I just dont like the way you made your face.

Here mine she a great mesmer,

Attachments:

(edited by EsLafiel.4517)

in Sylvari

Posted by: TheRiverBlues.2607

TheRiverBlues.2607

7.5/10

I feel like the colors on the armor are not distributed evenly and it throws the balance off.

Sylvari Engineer, with and without helmet.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Goose.7231

Goose.7231

7.5/10

It’s alright, but I’m just not a fan of the armor set. Maybe it’s the colors. Should try something lighter in color or even go for a more leather look as engineers wear medium armor.

Enter Goose Igaly, Mesmer. Shot taken in the Pale Tree Vision quest before final fight. Goose is in the center. You’ll recognize Treherne on the left. My Engineer leveling buddy is on the right. (Only pic I had laying around on this computer)

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: amaranthined.5167

amaranthined.5167

8/10 – It’s a little hard to see the colors in this cap because of the lighting, for the most part it looks alright but I /think/ it looks like your sylvari char is blue and I’m not sure how I feel about the green/red in the armor then. (If those aren’t the colors, ignore me – the lighting is super dull and I’m kinda guessing here) The actual armor itself looks great though, I like the style of it.

This is my mesmer Aearial – I don’t usually WvW with her, but the lighting in BL at night is just so pretty.

Attachments:

Henge of Denravi [VLK]
Zvezdana & Dana Uses Splash; Elementalist // Evegeniya; Engineer // Melinoe; Necromancer

in Sylvari

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

9/10 Nice color like the greasword and staff skins Here is my new dye scheme sigh post update not as good as the original but its ok

Attachments:

(edited by Marquie Thomas.1873)

in Sylvari

Posted by: supa suop.8026

supa suop.8026

9.5/10 I really like how this armor looks, especially at night. Well done sir! the only problem i have with it is the staff, but that me just being nitpicky.

My thief:

Attachments:

[SoS] PvX Thief,
The world could use more S/x Thief
FIST FLURRY! ORA!!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

10/10
Really he looks amazing and I love that armour combo and your weapons and your glow look great together- the glow on his face gives him a really menacing look- well done !

Here is my newest 80- my necro, Elisa the Red.
Since she is a fresh 80, I am still working on weapons for her (mostly Eye of Rotgort)
I really like her current Axe though, any suggestions on a Warhorn to go with it would be much appreciated

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

in Sylvari

Posted by: AlexEBT.7240

AlexEBT.7240

9/10 This is one of the few instances that i’ve seen the female face with thorns to actually work so well, elegant but dangerous looking. I also love the color scheme used with the contrast between pale icy blue (giving of a very ethereal, ghostly look) and the blood red (especially the red color around the hands for pretty self explanatory reasons). My only gripe with the design is the armor. Sylvari cultural armor really doesn’t mix too well with normal armor in my opinion, but you can chalk up this to my peculiar aesthethic preferences.

As for my sylvari, you’ll have to excuse the quality of my screencaps since i have some issues with them (they tend to be way darker than actual ingame). Here’s my mesmer, Durthwe. I really wanted a very simple, sleek design for him ( I never imagined how few options a male sylvari light armor user has for actual no frills attached pants). Also i tried to base his skin color and glow of the colors of an almost ending sunset since he belongs to the cycle of dusk (very cliche, i know). Also i’ll get to double wield Bonneti’s rapier once i get the money ;P

Attachments:

(edited by AlexEBT.7240)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

8.5/10

I love him! That particular shade of purple is a little dark for my tastes, but purple/orange is my favorite complimentary color combination. I’m also not fond of his armor—I don’t think it looks bad, per say, I just don’t think it really matches him.

This is my Elementalist and favorite girl, Rosabis (although even with her at lvl 80, I’m not sure I like the name). She’s a little bit of a “less violets, more violence” type.

I’m stuck with the acolyte armor skins for the time being, but I can’t settle on dyes. Any opinions on the matter would be welcomed.

Attachments:

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Quizotic.2815

Quizotic.2815

6.5-7
honestly it seems a little to dark to me, that and im not a big fan of that armor

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

8/10

The Colors of the leafes are beautiful, but I feel the pinkish Skin doesn’t fit that well. A pale greyish green or blue would do better I think :O

This is my main, after Anet forced me to completely redesign him after more than a year because they ruined the glow on my nightmare armor… -.-" He used to have caithe’s Colors before, which I liked and would gladly Change back to if they’d EVER fix what they did.

Attachments:

Trahearne <3

in Sylvari

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

8/10, but i really don’t like leafy armors

Wow, much necro, so green, many skullz

Attachments:

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Sylvari

Posted by: Tylluan.3426

Tylluan.3426

9/10

Very nice interpretation of Grenth.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Passion.4539

Passion.4539

9/10
I like the way you look but armor not flashy enough for me ;p

showing 2 diff tops cuz i like them both

Attachments:

(edited by Passion.4539)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Darkinub.6781

Darkinub.6781

9/10
Im digging the molten look you have given her, by clearly emphasizing the burning fire parts and darkening the rest to look like a molten rock, whilts also keeping your sylvari with a warm toned skinn and a almost burning hair colour. I just wished that the front of your had some of the hotter pink as seen on the pony tail, or that you used a more orangey fiery looking hair. (be careful of the armor re-design to come)

This is my Sylvari Mesmer – Leslie Feist
I designed her after “The Dreamer” and this song by the same named singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIEwhtUNTck&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL79C0A63F6FB672EB “bittersweet melodies”
The aim of my sylvari was to look more dream-like than plant.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

8/10 (would be 10/10 if not that face, I personally get freaked by it)
Please be my bow?

Here is my ranger:

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Denovean.2785

Denovean.2785

9/10 Her eyes disturb me greatly… I like how she merges with the sky in the third picture, shiny…

Here’s my warrior. I went for a more visceral color scheme, kind of going for white that had blood spilled on it. Which matches her character’s profile that I’ve written. :P

With that I went for the flaming weapons to match how unforgiving the dream has been to her.

Attachments:

(edited by Denovean.2785)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

8/10 (talk about freaky eyes!) — though I could go a little higher because she looks so distinctive and I always give props for getting the character generator to make something you can identify quickly without a name tag yet not overly grotesque. Very nice use of non-leafy armors, too, she still looks graceful.

Now I have to pick one of my three, hmm. I’ll go with my main one, my guardian (the glow in the first one has been redone a bit, now she glows white at the tips and has tarnished silver for a warm yellowish tint on the main parts):

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Donari.5237

Mine was to Nica — Denovean’s is still open!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Denovean:
8.5/10. You run the same color combination as me, but I’m mesmer, and the t3 racial armor show quite a lot of the body and the glow, which I think is the key to the white/red combination.
Also, there’s no glow image, where I think sylvaris shine the most.

Donari (to match the previous valoration):
9.5/10 to the first photo. It’s not a 10 cause the white/black combination is too much used, so the originality is a bit lost. But those yellow sharped form makes the difference. Btw, very good overall skin.
I would put a 6/10 to the girl. It’s a very flat/typical armor set and we have, again, the black/white contrast.

I actually have 3 different armor sets.
First is the T3 racial, and I used it in open world and dungeons.
Second one is my roaming armor.
Third is the zerg armor.
And the fourth is my glow skin in its greatest shine.

Attachments:

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in Sylvari

Donari.5237

Thanks for the kind words — those are all the same character, the T3 is just her newest look. I’ll note she’s got dark brown bark rather than black, and uses golden hues shading to white (I just can get the T3 torso to be non-gray due to her dark brown skin). It wasn’t the best pic of her primeval, either, I was rushing to work so pulling from a small subfolder of images.

Still, I agree that just going black/white can be an issue, especially if one is trying to Drow it up (I wasn’t .. I think I was influenced by college memories of Ororo Munroe). Her personal glow is very yellow.

in Sylvari

Posted by: venator.6429

venator.6429

8/10 i like the white armor on the red
meet my sylvari, Maelkorr.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Bichon Dodu.4375

Bichon Dodu.4375

6.5/10

I personally don’t care for the nightmare armor set, particularly the helmet, and I also abhor any piece of the heavy T3, I think they completely messed it up (how is it the T2 is better looking ? Like wtf), but that’s just me. I see you go for a knight archetype though, like it. Cool name too, kind of evoke some sort of black knight like from the arthurian legend, maybe because it resembles one of the epithet of Morgoth, “Melkor”, from Tolkien’s legendarium. I’d recommend you don’t show your helmet, that way you can create a contrast with another dye to your armor close to your skin tone. Try to make it so there is a match with your weapons and your choice of colors, if only your glow or your eyes.

My main character, a guardian. Will update his skin when there’ll be some other plant-themed piece of armor with an heavy look, like the Toxic ones.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

^ 8
Color and details make the whole look confusing. Picture #2,3,4 and 5 are gorgeous though. I think because different color parts in the background reflect the armor colors and pull them together.

Sylvari are always the apples of my eyes. I just love dressing them up. The color concept is after their birth cycles: dusk (ranger) and dawn (mesmer). I want to capture the ethereal and cheerfulness of dawn with bright particles and superb reflectivity but keeping it low on the contrast and saturation. The glow is tonal and the body color and texture are a subtle backdrop for the gorgeous weapon and armor designs. For dusk, it is calm, dark and quiet but not Nightmarish. The color would look muted in daylight, but at night, the contrasting glow would play up the whole look. In this look, weapons and armors are to enhance the appearance of the glow as much as possible and need to look seamless with the body as well.

So here they are:

Attachments:

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

in Sylvari

Posted by: knbBlackTemplar.3059

knbBlackTemplar.3059

If forgot how much i hate leafy armor – 8

New look, not much from Sylvari left.

Attachments:

80’s: Sylvari Necromancer (Main). Human: Thief, Warrior (PvP Main), Engineer. Charr Guardian

in Sylvari

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

Not a fan of sylvari in human armor and honestly couldn’t even tell that is actually a sylvari. 6/10
If I saw that in “rate my human” thread, I’d give it a 9/10 :P
Here is my Ranger:

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: masterJP.5048

masterJP.5048

Very nice love the red with the cultural armor 9/10
Here is mine

Attachments:

Lordy Green , THE Elementalist
Angela Sky , THE Guardian
Orochimarei , THE Necromancer

in Sylvari

Posted by: SaltyDave.7346

SaltyDave.7346

Questionable, personally I never liked male armors that shows more than it should, if you know what I mean. Also bright green color on a tough material (shoulders) makes it look like plastic, some varety of darker and brighter green dyes could do a wonder to your char, give it a try.
3/10

Here is my alt character under construction
[img]http://i.imgur.com/kaETThi.jpg[/img] [img]http://i.imgur.com/eTiGxDL.jpg[/img]

I wanted to give her a holy knight feeling, the robust immovable object, while keeping sylvari theme as a main design. I just love everything about sylvari so I definitly wanted to make a look that is easily recognized as a sylvari. NOTE: Working on pants, it’s I’ll change from Draconic to Koda (HotW).

in Sylvari

Posted by: Katnaxel.6529

Katnaxel.6529

I love the colors on her, and really like the white and gold combo (between her and her armor). I can see why you’d want to work on the pants though, because they don’t seem to mix in well with everything else. But, with that aside,
8/10.

Here is my lvl80 Thief, Leifucius. It’s just the Prowler medium armor set. Nothing too fancy. He uses a pistol/dagger combo, but for some reason those weapons tend to “float” on the hips he doesn’t have… it’s depressing…

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Arimina.3582

Arimina.3582

That coat is one of my favorite for medium. It’s so simple, but gets the job done. The color is a little strange but that might just be preference on my end. If you have it could try a midnight-fire for where you have the blackish sleeves… Gives it a dark brown leathery look, though might be too dark for your character! His face looks pretty good and the hair goes well with it. All in all I’d say 8/10.

Here’s my mesmer Rhielis. It’s pretty standard armor being the t1 cultural with various dye schemes but they all have similar theme. The color of the hair is a brownish-auburn, I can’t recall the exact color but at night with the toned down robin glow it looks totally different between night and day.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

Honestly, I think that character is 10/10. The attention to detail is spectacular, especially coordinating with that ghostly glow. She’s wondrous.

I posted my Ele here before, but now that I’ve gotten her re-geared and I’m happy with her look, I thought I would try again:

Attachments:

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Gavin Guile.2057

Gavin Guile.2057

I would give your character a 9/10. I like the color scheme quite a bit compared to mine. I’m almost leaning towards the darker Sylvari nowadays.

Although, I don’t think I could ever change my Guardians scheme. If anything the GS and back piece may be swapped.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

9.5/10 i really like how your character looks! Great colour choices and the weapon and back piece matches really well, too! My only problem is that i don’t really like that helmet, but that’s just a matter of taste. I guess i just prefer the leafy hair showing

Here is my young thief. I named her after my favourite tea, but it sounds a bit stupid so i won’t write it :P I like how she turned out, though this face seems to look much better from a profile view.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Gavin Guile.2057

Gavin Guile.2057

I totally agree! I am consistently switching my helmet on and off haha! Thank you for the rating though, and as far as yours goes I would definitely give it a solid 10. That first picture looks great! Awesome color and armor choice!

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

Haha thank you very much and thanks for the picture without the helmet, looks sooo good imo And the hair, erm, leaf color also matches the whole color scheme, awesome

in Sylvari

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

9.5/10 i really like how your character looks! Great colour choices and the weapon and back piece matches really well, too! My only problem is that i don’t really like that helmet, but that’s just a matter of taste. I guess i just prefer the leafy hair showing

Here is my young thief. I named her after my favourite tea, but it sounds a bit stupid so i won’t write it :P I like how she turned out, though this face seems to look much better from a profile view.

I like the colours and the hairstyle seems to fit nicely, which is pretty hard thing to do with that flower. So in total i’d say 9/10.

Now as for mine. Here’s my ranger who’s been my main ever since head start.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: MayBabe.8057

MayBabe.8057

8.75/10 Your alt looks very well put together but they don’t really stand out too much. maybe it’s because i’m partial to brighter colors used for armor.

This is my main who is also a fire ele, so I did buy the flame kissed armor before it was taken out & she has one incinerator (soon two) as one of her main weapons and the dragon’s jade staff. No matter which other class I play, she is my go to alt.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Deax.1572

Deax.1572

^
I’d give your character a 9/10 The hair style and skin color do seem a bit off tho.

This is my main Sylvari daughter of the void.
Mainly i wanted a dark/violet mix which are traditional colors that symbolize void.
Also Mathilde’s revolver and razor go really well and give it a better feel (: wish i had Roxx’s quiver too

Attachments:

(edited by Deax.1572)