Recommendations for a skimpy, light armor set

in Sylvari

Posted by: Jubei.5923

Jubei.5923

Hey there, I’m looking for suggestions of a sl*tty, skimpy yet sophisticated light armor set for my sylvari mesmer. I basically want to look like an expensive kitten.

Please post pics and the name of the armor piece/set, all help is appreciated!

No animals were harmed during the typing of this post.

in Sylvari

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Winged (tailor; lvl 55-65). Np.
P.S. Illumination – ocean – blue ice

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Jubei.5923

Jubei.5923

Minus the shoulders, that’s great. Thanks!

No animals were harmed during the typing of this post.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

Congratulations, you are now going to look like every other waifu in the game.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Sl*tty…. yet sophisticated! :P

in Sylvari

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

Yes, wear winged, you’ll look totally unique, I’ve never seen that armor before

in Sylvari

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Winged does seem to look better on a Sylvari than most other non-cultural armor (or TA).

in Sylvari

Posted by: Amaethon.8710

Amaethon.8710

Why would you want to put skimpy armor on a Sylvari? This is actually one of the things that discouraged me from rolling a female Sylvari Elementalist (light armor). It seems like half the light armor in the game is very skimpy on females. And while I think it looks good on Human/Norn, I don’t think it looks nearly as good on Sylvari. I honestly couldn’t find one light armor set that really looks good on a Female Sylvari.

Çyhyraeth – Sylvari Elementalist – Order Of The Fallen Watch [EXEO] | Darkhaven

in Sylvari

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

@Amaethon: because sylvari are walking pieces of art with colorful skin, beautyful patterns and even bright glow at night. Why would you hide all that away? Personally I am sad that it is so difficult to find a good “skimpy” medium set for my sylvari.
With human I wouldn’t really care, they don’t have anything special to show off.
Norn got those awesome tatoos, which gives reason for some more revealing armor.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Amaethon.8710

Amaethon.8710

@Amaethon: because sylvari are walking pieces of art with colorful skin, beautyful patterns and even bright glow at night. Why would you hide all that away? Personally I am sad that it is so difficult to find a good “skimpy” medium set for my sylvari.
With human I wouldn’t really care, they don’t have anything special to show off.
Norn got those awesome tatoos, which gives reason for some more revealing armor.

You make some very good points, and have actually changed my mind.

Çyhyraeth – Sylvari Elementalist – Order Of The Fallen Watch [EXEO] | Darkhaven

(edited by Amaethon.8710)

in Sylvari

Posted by: infrequentia.3465

infrequentia.3465

t1 sylvari,
can’t show pics atm , but it stays true to sylvari yet it shows all the nice parts + glow at night

“If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.”

in Sylvari

Posted by: Kitsune.1583

Kitsune.1583

I usually complain that most of the female armor in MMOs is too skimpy, but I want more skin showing on my Sylvari. Otherwise what’s the point in having cool textured glowy skin?

in Sylvari

Posted by: aikiakane.1058

aikiakane.1058

t1 Sylvari Armor (Snapdragon Set)
Both with and without shoulders:

PS, please ignore the different color schemes … couldn’t decide between the two.

Attachments:

GATE OF MADNESS
Rule of Wrist [Row] — Order of the Bee [BEES]

in Sylvari

Posted by: Rhinzual.7861

Rhinzual.7861

I usually complain that most of the female armor in MMOs is too skimpy, but I want more skin showing on my Sylvari. Otherwise what’s the point in having cool textured glowy skin?

It ain’t skin, just the stuff covering a plant.

in Sylvari

Posted by: METALROCKS.6097

METALROCKS.6097

t1 Sylvari Armor (Snapdragon Set)
Both with and without shoulders:

PS, please ignore the different color schemes … couldn’t decide between the two.

how do you get this costume??
and wile im at it, where can i get more of these light clothing. all i have is this which was already with my female character. i know how to get armor but not the casual clothing.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Zeefa.3915

That is the regular townclothing. Hit H and you are on heropanel, on top of that window there is two icons. One is for armor the other for townclothing. Hit towncloth icon and you if you are sylvari it will look like that.

To get other sets of townclothing you have to buy them in gemstore.

in Sylvari

METALROCKS.6097

To get other sets of townclothing you have to buy them in gemstore.

and where exactly are they? are these the lion stores?

sorry if i ask these questions. still not 100% familiar with every single thing in the game.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Yes, the Gem Store refers to the Black Lion Trading Post, which you can bring up at any time in game by pressing “O” (default key). The first tab on the left is the Gem Store, where you can buy things like Town Clothes, boosters, minis etc. for gems.

in Sylvari

METALROCKS.6097

found it all and the closest thing to clothing was under “styles”. it sure had some funny clothing in there like bunny ears, glasses and all that . hell, even the pirate suit was pretty neat.
but nothing really regarding town clothing. i even entered that word in to the search field but it came out empty. also typing “town” in to the search field came out empty.

i will keep trying, maybe i missed something. thanks for the help so far

in Sylvari

Zeefa.3915

The pirat outfit, the bunny ears and those ARE townsclothing. Aka costumes that you can only use outside of battle, such as in towns. Only 3 of those in style section are infact armor skins.

The selection you see there is the selection there is, atm, aside from the set you are given by default.

in Sylvari

METALROCKS.6097

i see. thanks for clearing this up
was just wondering because i see other players having really beautiful towns clothing on. but i guess this depends what class you play.

in Sylvari

Zeefa.3915

Townsclothing has nothing to do with class. The default set however have everything to do with race, as each race have their own default set.
There have been other sets in the gemstore – witch and madking costume at halloween. The wintersday furry thing. Those are limited to the time of those specific events and thus you cannot get them now. So if you have seen townsclothing on other players that are not in gemstore and are not one of the racial default sets, chances are it is one of those. Keep your eyes open for future events and you might see new townsclothes/costumes come.