[SPOILERS] The Sylvari are not minions

in Sylvari

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

I’m still with the idea that the pale tree is a Champion of the sixth ‘jungle-dragon."
For the known reasons. Plus, we KNOW there is at least ONE more tree, but we don’t know anything about ist dream, since Mellyck lost his mind. He wanted to go back home and bring more sylvari to fight the nightmare court. buuut he never came back.

Either, this was because he didn’t find back, or maybe… because the dream the sylvari from the other tree shared is actually the nightmare too and they just laughed at him or rather killed him for the only idea he had come up with. We don’t know.

Besides the theory that the pale tree is a Dragon Champion that was corrupted to be good instead of sharing the nightmare, I always thought that the nightmare court are sylvari that are closer to their nature (given that they’re minions) than the dreamers) They just don’t know it themselves.

The nightmare court wanted to create their own Society, but I always wondered why an ‘own’ Society had so much of the behaviour of minions in the end. So I don’t think that the theory that the nightmare is actually Dragon corruption goes against the theory of the pale tree being a Champion.

I don’t see another reason for sylvari popping up in tyria anyway. I think the nightmare should have been the ‘true’ dream, but the pale tree reverted it. (we are told to FIGHT the elder Dragons, specifically a plant themed Dragon in our dreams)

What scarlet has stated in the new fractal seemed to be intresting too, although it makes me sick that she’s connected to the thaumanova catastrophe AGAIN! But well.. I hope it all leads to something intresting SOON.

Trahearne <3

in Sylvari

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

-snip-

Actually the whole idea of Malyck is that because he has no memory he actually shows what a Sylvari would be like without the influence of the Ventari Tablet – he is mostly like our Sylvari, but a little easier to provoke and maybe more ‘flawed’. Basically it’s meant to show that our Sylvari have certainly been influenced by the Ventari Tablet, but also that the Nightmare Court have also been influenced in that they’ve kind of gone against their own nature in their quest to restore it.
The Pale Tree is not a dragon or a dragon champion…

in Sylvari

Posted by: An Siorai Tharian.4516

An Siorai Tharian.4516

there is also the fact that those supporting the idea that the Tree was a Dragon Champion keep claiming that the Tree was corrupted to the good side. If that were true, wouldn’t it be better to claim that the Tree was purified, instead of saying it is corrupted? Purified has far better connotations than the word corrupted. Afterall, corruption is what the Elder Dragons do. Purification would be the opposite of Corruption.

XIII | JAH | FNG | LWA
Ranger 80 | Elementalist 30 | Guardian 29 | Necromancer 21

in Sylvari

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

You missed the biggest piece of evidence that the PT isn’t related to an elder dragon : Malyck comes from another Tree; therefore a) the PT cannot be the dragon itself, since the dragons are unique, and b) the other tree lacks a Tablet, and therefore can’t have been “freed”, and yet Malyck opposes the dragons.

Doesn’t he also lack his memory, if so it doesn’t really confirm or deny anything that he opposes the dragons…he has no memory, he isn’t a reliable source of information

Except that the storyline confirms that he wasn’t born of the Pale Tree. So the fact that he has no memory doesn’t really matter.

My point being that his memory is gone, doesn’t mean the rest from his tree oppose dragons because he did.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

in Sylvari

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

You missed the biggest piece of evidence that the PT isn’t related to an elder dragon : Malyck comes from another Tree; therefore a) the PT cannot be the dragon itself, since the dragons are unique, and b) the other tree lacks a Tablet, and therefore can’t have been “freed”, and yet Malyck opposes the dragons.

Doesn’t he also lack his memory, if so it doesn’t really confirm or deny anything that he opposes the dragons…he has no memory, he isn’t a reliable source of information

Except that the storyline confirms that he wasn’t born of the Pale Tree. So the fact that he has no memory doesn’t really matter.

My point being that his memory is gone, doesn’t mean the rest from his tree oppose dragons because he did.

Except no Sylvari exhibits behaviours anything close to dragon followers, minions or corrupted beings. I don’t get why people are so willing to stretch the in game lore and common sense just to try and make some ridiculous theory fit. There is a lot more that disproves the theory than there is that would support it (which is absolutely nothing).

They are not going to make it so that this whole time we have been playing a race of dragon minions, or creatures produced by dragon minions.. It makes no sense. At all.

IF you really wanted to push it then you could perhaps argue that the Tree could be corrupted in the same manner that Glint once was but, like Glint, has since been purified. But even then this process would have to have occurred when the Tree was a seed and it’s sort of been suggested that the seed was quite possibly stolen by Ronan from Sylvari or the Druids or some other non-dragon corrupted sentient plant form…

in Sylvari

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

No known sylvari anyway

I’m not saying they have any connection to Dragon’s, not really connected to what I was getting at. I was just highlighting that the only thing that we can take from Malyck is that another tree exists. Anything else is impossible determined since he’s an unreliable storyteller due to his lack of memory, for all intents and purposes he may be atypical for the rest of his tree, it’s impossible to determine anything about his tree other than it existed and his pod somehow strayed for it.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.