Scratching male sylvari

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: raubvogel.5071

raubvogel.5071

Am i the only one who hate that scratching animation. I ask myself why? Are there any wood worms or something. And sylvari should not do human things like scratching. We don’t need this. It also looks like a person with low self esteem or insecuritys. Lowering the head, scratching…

I would greatly appreciate an iteration. Maybe something more tree like. Like a tree shaking in the wind. Or no animation since trees are pretty tough.

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

My female Sylvari does an animation like she is swaying in the wind, it looks really strange and spacey but it is very much not a human gesture, I think that is actually what made her click as a character for me
and her run, man she runs like a windmill!

Gunnar’s Hold

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Well, they are walking vegetables in a world without any form of pesticides…

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: SuperSpicyCurry.2415

SuperSpicyCurry.2415

Yeah I wish Sylvari males had more kitten animations like females. Sylvari females run around like a kid with ADD and it’s adorable “OOOH A BUTTERFLY!” runs like a moron

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

I like the male run animation.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Clearly your character has termites. Ewww. Keep him away from my Sylvari!

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My Sylvari does it cuz he likes how soft his leaves are. .-.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Its even worse for my Sylvari, who has the mushroom “hair”. His hand clips straight through the mushroom every time that animation happens. Very annoying.

I agree that male Sylvari need some better animations. The females have the great “looking around in wonder” idle animation, and males just get a “durr, what am I doing” scratching animation.

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ultravalefor.5038

Ultravalefor.5038

Mine does it because… he has low self esteem and insecurities.
The best option would have been some kind of ‘behavior’ selection at character creation, so that I could have my flower and you can have your tree. Because I don’t want the animation changed at all, it’s adorable~

Not enough options with characters if you ask me. Everyone of the same race/gender sounds the same, animates the same.. If what you had in mind for a character fits what Anet gave you, great, but if it doesn’t… well threads like this happen.

Phaynel – recently voted the hottest Ranger in GW2 by everyone
married to Railspike the Red Alpha Golem
[PiNK] Toast Forever.

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Heh, reminds me of DCUO and Aion. Two MMOs that allow you to pick your character’s idle stances. Would be cool if we could do that here. Aion added it back when it went F2P and actually let you change idle stance, combat, jump and running animations. It’s still an extremely inferior game compared to GW2 but it was a nice feature.

DCUO lets you pick a personality that gave you an idle stance and some emotes looked differently; such as /taunt.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Draahl.3827

Draahl.3827

I quite like the scratch, it often comes in well timed as a facepalm. My mesmer wears Whispers armor, so it suits him to act low-profile, bending his head

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

i think its more impatience at standing around (like a child fidgeting)
- but i could be mistaken

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Mosen.9526

Mosen.9526

I’ve always seen it as a more shy type thing, or awkward even. Perhaps someone just said something around him he shouldn’t have heard, hence the “I really shouldn’t be here,” head scratch.

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Bojak.7492

Bojak.7492

I scratch my head all the time. And feel my face, and just generally poke around my head with gusto. Just a run through the hair (leaves?) and a rub of the chin. Seems normal enough to me.

[Edited by Moderator]

(edited by Moderator)

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

Doesn’t seem like an insecure thing to me, more along the lines that they want to keep moving. They do seem to have boundless energy.

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

Do you mean the head scratch thing?
I love it. It’s absolutely adorable.
It’s not really a head scratch, it’s kind of a hair ruffle thing. Have you never seen guys do this in real life? Guys do this all the time if they’re talking to someone they like or slightly nervous etc.
It’s cute.

Scratching male sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: loneknight.8425

loneknight.8425

It’s the collar, it’s tickling my toon’s neck.

The thief who did dat – Crystal Desert