So yeah.. whatever happend to Sylvari?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

All this stuff about every race… except Sylvari.

I love sylvari and I feel like we’ve been left behind, there has not been a single thing added to sylvari. Lol.

I’m interested to know more about the Nightmare, Sylvari, and the Pale tree itself, it would also be nice to get new armor, maybe improve current armor (wink wink hint hint, add glow to Nightmare armor! give us more weapons!)

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Sylvari

Posted by: Soulmyr.8094

Soulmyr.8094

It would be nice if some living story event would happen in The Grove, they could introduce some new armor, hairstyles… like that.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Vespertilionidae.5018

Vespertilionidae.5018

I’m looking forward to learning more about Malyck and the tree he came from. Perhaps his tree will be located in a new, yet to be revealed area. What will the Nightmare Court do when they finally learn there is another tree? I’d love to find out!

And Trahearne has a lot of potential to develop into a villain, which I think would make him a lot more interesting. What exquisitely horrible things did he see the risen do, what did he learn in Orr. What if after cleansing Orr a seed of corruption slowly festers within him because he drew part of it into himself in order to cleanse the land. This coupled with his loss of purpose leads him astray, maybe to wander in uncharted lands, perhaps to become corrupted by one of the other dragons. As a potential conduit to all Sylvari becoming susceptible to such corruption he would have to be destroyed.

Or perhaps he joins the Nightmare Court, the seed of Orrian corruption turning his dreams into nightmares. I really enjoyed the evil but chivalrous knight my Sylvari met, befriended then had to kill in a duel but it was over all so soon. Polite, intelligent evil could make for a rather scary Trahearne, at this point he knows a lot about the character, he fought along side them, was advised by them (and to some even stole their thunder and glory from what I’ve read on the forum), and would be able to use this knowledge against the character and the Pale Tree. Under his leadership the Nightmare Court might seek out the other tree and use it to wage war on the Pale Tree.

I personally like Trahearne, enjoy his voice a lot which reminds me of Roddy McDowall, but he feels like he has a lot of potential to be interesting that just hasn’t been explored. What drew him to become a necromancer for example.

For all those people who can’t stand Trahearne, they would have the joy of killing him ‘for the greater good’ and as a character he would become something more than just a necessary plot mechanic.

Successful opportunism is often indistinguishable from a masterful plan.

(edited by Vespertilionidae.5018)

in Sylvari

Posted by: airick.9850

airick.9850

I actually like Trahearne but I think this would be an awesome idea. That whole “Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster… for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.”

Sometimes the greatest villains were the ones who were among the greatest heroes.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Having played the personal story again, I kinda got the impression Trahearne seems kinda like a friendly guy too.

And contrary to the complaints about his voice acting, he did have ONE good scene in the Personal Story quest “A light in the darkness” where the Pale Tree shows you a vision of Orr and he gives a speech Zhaitan is scared.

I’m somewhat curious what antics he got involved in with Sieran too, since he spoke quite annoyed about her.

Trahearne has a lot of potential if they actually delve into his backstory and his personality as a scholar.

Problem is, the NPCs worship him. So is it Trahearne we don’t like, or the NPCs?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Chadramar.8156

Chadramar.8156

I don’t want more Trahearne, honestly. I don’t dislike him so don’t want him to go to the villain route just because people hate him and want to murder him, but I don’t want to spend more time in his shadow either. He completed his life’s purpose, let him step down and fade out of the spotlight. It’s likely far too late to “salvage” him in the eyes of most people. Which is a shame, really.

in Sylvari

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

It’s never too late to salvage Trahearne. And by ‘salvage’ I mean break him apart into his base components.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

in Sylvari

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Trahearne has a lot of potential if they actually delve into his backstory and his personality as a scholar.

Problem is, the NPCs worship him. So is it Trahearne we don’t like, or the NPCs?

For me it was that I didn’t like how ANet had him as a focus instead of Destiny’s Edge for the main storyline.
I would have been happy had he been the dungeon runner/Indiana Jones type of guy who was looking for things that could stop the dragons.

This way his scholarly side would have been invaluable and he would have needed you to complete these journeys. We, the players, could have bonded with him a bit better as you progressed through the dungeon stories. Heck it would have allowed the devs to use him in future Living story chapters too.

Now? He’s just uninspiring to me and locked away in Orr because we can’t meddle with that thanks to the shackles of the Personal Story.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Sylvari

Posted by: DaMunky.6302

DaMunky.6302

I didn’t even hate Trahearne that much. I hate the way the living story converges after Claw Island, so it feels like your previous choices don’t really matter anymore, only choices you made one or two story steps ago determine your mission path. I’d rather have less branching later on and have a different story for each of my characters start-to-finish. As it is now, ALL ROADS LEAD TO TRAHEARNE. There is no escape.

Dear lord, what have I done? – Matthew Medina, Gw2 Content Designer

in Sylvari

Posted by: dusanyu.4057

dusanyu.4057

I know how to salvage Trahearne on a plate with thousand island dressing.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

I do kinda wish they added more Sylvari-themed gem-store gear.

We already have Asura/Human (Aetherblade/Magitech), Norn (Brahm) and Human (Phoenix) gear.

want some plant-themed gear.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in Sylvari

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

I do kinda wish they added more Sylvari-themed gem-store gear.

We already have Asura/Human (Aetherblade/Magitech), Norn (Brahm) and Human (Phoenix) gear.

want some plant-themed gear.

I want more plant looking weapons too…

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Sylvari

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I agree! I would love to see more plant-like armor to choose from and also weapons.
Atm it’s just very lacking on that part… Besides that I’d also like to see some more plant-themed pets for rangers.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Sylvari

Posted by: Chris.6105

Chris.6105

Another thing, there are normal sylvaris and there are the nightmare sylvari. How exactly fit Pirate-sylvaris into this concept?? I mean pirates kill innocent people (evil) and steal (greed), this is the complete opposite to ventaris teachings, also it does not fit to the nightmare..

in Sylvari

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Indirectly, I would say. Unlike -say- Faolain or Cadeyrn, a “Pirate” Sylvari’s not robbing and murdering for a “greater reason.” They want money, and they want it now.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Sylvari

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

Some pirates may steal but not kill. I can see some Sylvari Pirates just being alive for the sheer thrill of freedom.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Also a valid concept. They could always be a splinter of the Soundless, at that.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior