Sylvari Cultural armor change?!

in Sylvari

Posted by: eMKay.4028

eMKay.4028

Hello

I do…i do really hope this is a bug. I don’t know what has happened but the last patch has messed the dye scheme on sylvari cultural armors. All the time and effort we took on getting our perfect look is gone now.

I try not to rabble about what you are doing wrong with this game. I have tried to defend you many times hoping as the time passes the game gets better. But I cannot stand by when something like this happens.

People have been spending their in-game gold, some of them real world money to get their favorite, unique look. If this change is permanent then it’s bad. you cannot change something that has been good for over a year just like that making it WORSE. I am one of those people that has been playing GW for years (first 1 now 2) and I want to get my character sprite just right so I can be happy with it’s look. Now all the effort is wasted – the same dye has different tint on different parts of the armor, the pattern is completely flipped.

If this is intentional then…. I see a bit of hypocrisy here unfortunately. Kristen Perry stated in a thread, that you cannot alter existing hair styles becasue: “Some folks may have picked the hair style because they loved it as is. To change it for one may change it negatively for another” – source https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/races/sylvari/New-Hair-Cool-but-Disappointed. What you have done here is exactly that. Why do you change something as important as armor after a year without any notice, no consultation when they are needed in a change like that just to please, and i emphasize, VAST MINORITY. I have never heard anyone to be very upset about the lack of glow on some cultural armors – yes some said that they would like it but we LOVED our armors they way they were. Now it’s ruined…

Should this be intentional I guess I’ll be fed up with you for some time. It isn’t about the game which is good and getting better, it’s about your attitude towards players and how your treat them. I won’t be taking out my friend’s recent problems with you about his Guild name (with your arguments being plain silly). The developer – consumer relation is based upon trust. If there isn’t one and you simply don’t care, I am not obliged to show any love. Making a change like this to a character look/design heavy game without letting us know in advance is in my opinion breakage of that trust. Should this be the case – you lost one customer for some time.

I do appreciate your hard work and love for sylvari but this change is for the worse and VAST MAJORITY will admit that. Please if you care about sylvari community, revert that change. Bring us our past looks, please…

However, if this is a bug, please do accept my apologies… but do change it.

Yours sincerely

eMKay

• edit – I have just read that it was made to make the armors glow. Unfortunately this has further messed my toon – I have a Black skinned, Midnight Sky hair dyed, and Streamlet glowing Female Necro with Mindight Sky, Midnight Ice and Blue Sky Dyes on T3 Light. Not only the pattern has changed but the glow comes from the skin, no even the chosen glow…this is really painful… well I guess ill be getting a break. Don’t get me wrong but I just can’t look at that toon, sorry. I feel really cheated.

Attachments:

(edited by eMKay.4028)

in Sylvari

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

+1

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Marquie Thomas.1873

Marquie Thomas.1873

I am happy my T3 armor glows now just try experimenting with other dyes but the glow was definitely a upgrade for me

in Sylvari

Posted by: Illharess.6509

Illharess.6509

I hope they DON’T change it back, actually. I have a mix of cultural armors on my ranger, and I was really disappointed with the way my Nightshade pieces (t2) dyed. Nothing every looked right, but I kept them because I loved the shape. Now I can be happy with shape AND color. Just play around with the dyes, you’ll find a nice new combo quickly enough. My t1/Evergreen pieces appear unchanged.

in Sylvari

Posted by: sheelzi.5803

sheelzi.5803

I have the same problem with the T3 light, the dye pattern has changed, the armour glows even though I have the glow turned off and the colours look washed out. Some detail has also been lost, especially noticeable in the leg section.

Before and after screens :

Attachments:

Cyrsly – Necromancer – Whiteside Ridge

(edited by sheelzi.5803)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Illharess.6509

Illharess.6509

in Sylvari

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Yeah its pretty devastating. I really hope its a bug. My Syvlari’s armor looks hideous now. All the texture gone and everything. And its really only the front side that is affected.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/29-10-dyes-on-sylvari-female-t3-light-changed/first#post3114381

Edit…wait so in order to add glow they had to remove so much of the design? T_T thats really sad.

I’d honestly prefer no glow over the current state. Couldn’t you make two sets of the same armors. One that glows and one that doesn’t. I understand people wanted glow but I find it very sad that it would alter the existing armor so strongly in order to add glow.

Not to mention I can’t seem to find a dye that even dyes close to my glow. Why isn’t the glow a separate channel entirely? I shouldn’t have to change my armor color because I want my dye a different color.

I’m not one to complain but this has truly zapped any fun I was having away today. I really loved my Sylvari the way she was and put a lot of effort into her matching nicely and everything and now its all gone. With no warning or anything.

Pictures. (Now & before)

Attachments:

(edited by Katreyn.4218)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

+1 to this.

I’ve spent over 2,5k hours and probably over 3k gold to get the looks on my main and with this all of that goes down the drain.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Failth.2935

Failth.2935

+1 to this.

I’ve spent over 2,5k hours and probably over 3k gold to get the looks on my main and with this all of that goes down the drain.

Agreed.

The added glow on the armor is really cool, but the way how it effects the dyes just feels off.

Spent 200g under a week ago + many hours to change my look to the one I wanted – now being completely ruined so I somewhat feel you Taku

Ranger till the day I die!
Desolation [TLA]

in Sylvari

Posted by: Kjeld.9730

Kjeld.9730

Please change this back, this didn’t make my character look much better. I feel bad about getting a makeover kit to match my hair with my armor now becasue my hair is still the same as before and i can’t find a matching color.
Above : Before
Below: After

Attachments:

Ranger of [MGK] – Aurora glade.

in Sylvari

Posted by: afoot.6932

afoot.6932

I can empathize with those who are upset about the changes to sylvari armor, since I’m fairly obsessive about my armor/dye setups. It’s unfortunate that this change was made without communicating a warning to players who were already vested in the affected pieces.

I’m especially surprised that the change was made when there are still actual bugs on other armor skin textures that need to be fixed. This includes the heavy female sylvari t1 cultural armor, which I’ve been asking to be fixed for about a year now. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it, especially when there are broken skins that could have been fixed instead.

(edited by afoot.6932)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Charivah.7180

Charivah.7180

Hi, sure some of you like the change, cause it looks good at you.
But I can only say it destroys my look. Everything I need to change. The structure of the colors I used, looks completely different now. For me it looked perfect before, I used 2 complete makeovers, bought Molten and Flame dye and spend hours in creation to get her into this. Now she is looking creepy orange… from instant without any warning… I’m afraid what comes next?
So I want the old color system back, I even would pay for, to get her into the old one…
If you check the attachments you will see.

Attachments:

(edited by Charivah.7180)

in Sylvari

Posted by: NEOS.9206

NEOS.9206

No no no don´t change itt back.. i love the changes..

http://imgur.com/a/9uIvu

I´m so shiny now i´m already received the Skritt shiny award 2013 !!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Balekai.6083

Balekai.6083

Hi, sure some of you like the change, cause it looks good at you.
But I can only say it destroys my look. Everything I need to change. The structure of the colors I used, looks completely different now. For me it looked perfect before, I used 2 complete makeovers, bought Molten and Flame dye and spend hours in creation to get her into this. Now she is looking creepy orange… from instant without any warning… I’m afraid what comes next?
So I want the old color system back, I even would pay for, to get her into the old one…
If you check the attachments you will see.

I was in the same boat as you colour scheme wise. I believe Tier 3 light was probably the best tinted armor in the game where you could get amazingly detailed and natural/realistic looks. Now it’s as basic in texture as the other less desirable sets. Especially the lower-mid front section of leggings which has been stripped of all detail and blending. Essentially everything good save for the mesh was sacrificed for an intricate customizable glow effect, that doesn’t actually work on this armor (I always get a white glow meaning the tint map governing glow colour is not favouring any dye enough unless its super bold/vibrant). The normal map seems better though.

If I was adding the glow, i would have kept as much as possible of the original diffuse, normal and tint maps and added a glow governed by a fourth dye. I spent 3 hours today and 20 gold getting my character’s look back. It’s impossible for me to get the exact pre-patch look I had and it’s artistic detail. Instead, I had to use much darker dyes and forego dyes like Caustic and other expensive ones which became too light (which said armor previously looked great with). Tier 1 on the other hand was done perfectly. Good job on that set.

Anet should revert tier 3 light armor textures/maps back more towards their pre-patch versions, while making the glow function more like tier 1’s new glow map (that actually works) or add in a fourth dye that governs glow instead.

in Sylvari

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

Anet, do you really hate Sylvari that much?
First, you make them the ultimate villians. (Well Canach was okay, but Scarlet… and now the offshoot of the nightmare court…) Unless they’re no Minions of Mordremoth it is starting to get annyoing. Then, you ruin Twilight Arbor, and finally you ruin the 120 Gold EXPENSIVE T3 light (male) Armor without even a WARNING!

Haven’t you checked it, before relasing it? It Looks awful! I would hae NEBER spent 120 Gold for THIS!
First, the Detail is completely gone. It Looks like a mixture of wax and plastic no, but not like leafes anymore. And no Color in the world does Change that.
Second, the Colors seem totally washed out. They look awful. I had to get everything a tone darker to fix that. (Only it doesn’t help much) On top of that, the colorscheme is different now. It looked great before, now, there’s no way to get the old look back. The whole armor set is ruined! Not to mention that the same Color has different shades on different part of the armor. -.-
And finally the glow… yeah well… if you left the Detail as it was and just used the glow of the Body for some parts it would have looked a lot better. Not to mention that the glow on the upper part is way too much. But I could live with it, if it looked like it did before. The venes of the leafes on the back where in the skincolor of the Body, which looked great. Now they seem to be painted, and glow in two different Colors…

There have been good suggestions on how to fix it for everyone above me, PLEASE revise that! Or can we have or Money back? This is NOT what I bought, or would have bought in the first place…

As for T2 light… (male) no glow, excluding the legs wich glow like a Christmas tree, other than that, it Looks completely messy now, AND like cheap plastic. It doesn’t look better on females though… Totally ruined too.

You really know how to upset… It’s not that there are tons of armors for Sylvari out there. Not even a single one in the shop, and only two different sets of town clothes…. And you crush the least variety you got by this…

I truly hope you NEVER touch the not glowing nightmare armors!

Anyway, my dissapointment grows…

Trahearne <3

in Sylvari

Posted by: Inoence.6907

Inoence.6907

I think the new dye patterns are horrible… Just keep the glow and revert the dye pattern sections. I’d also be more than happy if you just reverted the whole change…
The colors are now way too vibrant & there’s not much detail at all compared to the previous look!
This was the look I had. I apologize that I didn’t take a screen before.
It looked great!

The second picture: Exactly the same dyes at the same pattern used. The black is supposed to be Abyss, one of the darkest blacks! It now looks like grey

Attachments:

(edited by Inoence.6907)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Nightingale.9714

Nightingale.9714

The Glow looks fantastic. Just because your previous dye combination isnt PERFECT anymore doesnt mean you cant find one that will be again. Stop ’yer moaning and start mixing dyes.

in Sylvari

NEOS.9206

The Glow looks fantastic. Just because your previous dye combination isnt PERFECT anymore doesnt mean you cant find one that will be again. Stop ’yer moaning and start mixing dyes.

This ^

in Sylvari

Posted by: Nibo.2763

Nibo.2763

Arena, why do you hate my sylvari ranger so much? My t3 after patch… Its looks like plastik, i will never buy this t3 set if i know, that you will make such awful things.
Give me my money back and take this plastik horror away T_T

in Sylvari

Posted by: Moon.7310

Moon.7310

In my opinion the dye color change is not the problem or even glow. The problem is, that this change resulted in a loss of detail and texture of most armor parts, and that is what annoys me. Changed colors I don’t care, I can just try one of the other thousands around, but I can’t do anything about the plain texture the leaves have now.

in Sylvari

eMKay.4028

Hah I do hope that your perfect look gets destroyed one day. I want to see how you will react then. You have to bite it that you are in minority here. There are some people that dont want to have any glow at all – what about them? They had their look and now they don’t. Some people had their favorite look, now they do not.

Imagine if you buy a coat and love how it looks. But after a year it’s look suddenly changes! I bet you would go to the store to have a refund. Just because you like that change it isn’t justified. It’s selfish and you know it. You had a year to mix your combination.

The change is for the worse and majority of sylvari community agrees with me.

in Sylvari

Marquie Thomas.1873

Hah I do hope that your perfect look gets destroyed one day. I want to see how you will react then. You have to bite it that you are in minority here. There are some people that dont want to have any glow at all – what about them? They had their look and now they don’t. Some people had their favorite look, now they do not.

Imagine if you buy a coat and love how it looks. But after a year it’s look suddenly changes! I bet you would go to the store to have a refund. Just because you like that change it isn’t justified. It’s selfish and you know it. You had a year to mix your combination.

Its also kinda selfish of you to want the old system back its not fair for people who like the new system and are now spending and getting syvari armor to mix match and get the glow they always wanted so changing it back will be a double edge sword. The point is you cant please every body so i suggest you get to mixing and matching to find some things that can work for you. Any way Ms Perry said she was working to make things better so relax and bite the bullet.

in Sylvari

NEOS.9206

It´s almost only forum rage too.
Almost every sylvari I met ingame loves the changes too…

in Sylvari

Posted by: Shade.8971

Shade.8971

Anyone with half a brain can tell the new dye pattern is awful.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

NEOS.9206

So can I say Anyone with half a brain can tell the new dye pattern is beautiful. xD

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Toli Rosca.9041

Toli Rosca.9041

We’ll it hasn’t really effected my characters much and I’ve changed their colours slightly to show off their glow. With any change like this some people are going to love it others will hate it!

in Sylvari

Marquie Thomas.1873

i honestly dont see how the medium armor is messed up it a simple to dye armor now and thank god that got rid of that redness it had when dyeing the glow areas i took several picture testing it and i honestly dont see any thing wroung other then you have to be smart about were you place the dye at now. I put blood dye in the glow areas below with midnight ice dye every were else i dont own t3 medium for females just males but you can get some very nice combos being smart about dye placement also dye’s like midnight ice and fire are fun to dye armor cuas ther natural blue and red shows up better in the glow areas. One more thing to note about t3 medium is what ever dye you have on the main body will effect the dye in the glow area also here in one pic i have celestial mainbody and abyss glow areas and one with midnight ice main and abyss dye glow area

Attachments:

(edited by Marquie Thomas.1873)

in Sylvari

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

So can I say Anyone with half a brain can tell the new dye pattern is beautiful. xD

Anyone with half a brain can tell that it’s mostly the light armor user’s that are upset.

The changes to t3 medium are pretty good though.

in Sylvari

eMKay.4028

Its also kinda selfish of you to want the old system back its not fair for people who like the new system and are now spending and getting syvari armor to mix match and get the glow they always wanted so changing it back will be a double edge sword. The point is you cant please every body so i suggest you get to mixing and matching to find some things that can work for you. Any way Ms Perry said she was working to make things better so relax and bite the bullet.

The thing is that no one has told us about it in advance. Normally, should this happen you are bound to get a refund which doesn’t apply here. To be honest the only ones that like the changes here on forums are You, Nightingale and NEOS. Majority is displeased, however.
Tell me then, how does this apply to the fact that when people wanted change to existing sylvari hairstyles it was refused due to possibility of making people that like the existing hairstyles unhappy with the changes? Why then it happened here?

Furthermore you cannot blindly accept everything being thrown at you. It makes you a lemming. Saying that I should “bite the bullet” just because you like the change and just because I should be simply happy that something is being changed, even for worse, is plain ridiculous. That’s why there is the forum to be able to remain vocal about what we like and what we do not. Seriously, no one was bashing you (by you i mean people that like the look) until you have started attacking us ungrateful. Last but not least you cannot simply accept something because it took long time to implement – if it’s bad then we have a possibility to say so and plead for a change back!

You had a year to get you look – why didn’t you manage it then? Why al of sudden this change is great? To be honest what is great about this change? The hard to match glow? The lack of textures? The lack of waxy feel to the armors? The plain coloring areas? I have managed to get some kind of an OK look, but I cannot go back to any of what I had before – and that is called lots of possibilities?

Again I have to emphasize – you cannot change something you give to your consumer. Imagine going to the store and getting newest Assassin’s Creed Black Flag. you play it for a while but after a week you look at the box and see Prince of Persia 2008? What would you do? Get a refund! Since we cannot have it here we plead for this to be as they were before. We didn’t ask for this, we didn’t know how the changes would be, no one felt it was necessary to consult us, the final consumers – it was forced on us by the minority. And we will plead for the rollback!

in Sylvari

Posted by: abelkmr.1549

abelkmr.1549

Ya, Anet, this idea was poorly executed Im afraid. People have earned their armors and made them look the way they wanted and to suddenly change them without a way to reverse this change if a player wanted was not a good choice on your part, Im afraid. I’m a very laid back person and Im usually pretty silent unless I feel that I must voice my opinion…like now. Fortunately I took screenshots of my armor before and after this patch to help with this post. Note that in the blow pictures the dyes exactly the same.

Before (note the natural coloring, the darkening around the T3 gloves and boots that matches the rest of the armor)
[IMG]http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac181/abelkmr1992/GW2%20Screenshots/gw252_zpsb9d3160d.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac181/abelkmr1992/GW2%20Screenshots/gw249_zps84870f86.jpg[/IMG]

After (note the now yellow hue to the gloves and boots, lighter green, lack of the darkening that matched the TA armor, and now plastic texture)
[IMG]http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac181/abelkmr1992/GW2%20Screenshots/gw254_zpsf4799128.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i898.photobucket.com/albums/ac181/abelkmr1992/GW2%20Screenshots/gw255_zps462c1c0c.jpg[/IMG]

As you can see it disrupts the scheme of the overall armor and no amount of experimenting with the dyes seems to help. Im not against the addition of glowing sylvari armor, but I really reccomend you reverse this and/or make it optional in the form of a box we can check, or in the graphics tab in the option menu, or as a new skin we can obtain from the cultural venders or something. Thank you for taking the time to read this post, Anet.

P.S.

I did change the colors around to make the glow areas the glow……still don’t like it at all, even experimented with more greens and nothing. Absolutely nothing. Im very partial to the skin idea, Anet. Anyone agree?

(edited by abelkmr.1549)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

looks like some grafik filter got changed

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Sylvari

Marquie Thomas.1873

The thing is that no one has told us about it in advance. Normally, should this happen you are bound to get a refund which doesn’t apply here. To be honest the only ones that like the changes here on forums are You, Nightingale and NEOS. Majority is displeased, however.
Tell me then, how does this apply to the fact that when people wanted change to existing sylvari hairstyles it was refused due to possibility of making people that like the existing hairstyles unhappy with the changes? Why then it happened here?

Furthermore you cannot blindly accept everything being thrown at you. It makes you a lemming. Saying that I should “bite the bullet” just because you like the change and just because I should be simply happy that something is being changed, even for worse, is plain ridiculous. That’s why there is the forum to be able to remain vocal about what we like and what we do not. Seriously, no one was bashing you (by you i mean people that like the look) until you have started attacking us ungrateful. Last but not least you cannot simply accept something because it took long time to implement – if it’s bad then we have a possibility to say so and plead for a change back!

You had a year to get you look – why didn’t you manage it then? Why al of sudden this change is great? To be honest what is great about this change? The hard to match glow? The lack of textures? The lack of waxy feel to the armors? The plain coloring areas? I have managed to get some kind of an OK look, but I cannot go back to any of what I had before – and that is called lots of possibilities?

Again I have to emphasize – you cannot change something you give to your consumer. Imagine going to the store and getting newest Assassin’s Creed Black Flag. you play it for a while but after a week you look at the box and see Prince of Persia 2008? What would you do? Get a refund! Since we cannot have it here we plead for this to be as they were before. We didn’t ask for this, we didn’t know how the changes would be, no one felt it was necessary to consult us, the final consumers – it was forced on us by the minority. And we will plead for the rollback!

You will plead for a roll back when there are only two set people are crying over t3 medium/light sets. So let me get it straight you will scream bloody murder over 2 sets that you and a few forums folks hate changes two and you and the forum people who hate it don’t make up a mass majority cues the majority don’t even respond in the forums same can be said about the people who like it i am not claiming that i speak for the majority/minority but most certainly you are in the last few post you have made on this subject. What i suggest you do is go make a new thread aimed at giving better constructive criticism and list possible changes and express in a better attitude about the changes made but i see you have you said your probly done if this change is not rollback/reverted outright that be a wast of time for you.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Tsah.8603

Tsah.8603

I have nothing to add…

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Marquie Thomas.1873

I have nothing to add…

Try wrath Aand cherry dye to get a darker red gow you have blood red dye right its one of the darker red so it will give s slight white glow

in Sylvari

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Anyone with half a brain can tell that it’s mostly the light armor user’s that are upset.

I thought most people were complaining about medium T3. I personally love how the T3 light has changed. Unfortunately it seems that most people are complaining about T3s (except for heavy), which are the more expensive armors. I didn’t think Light T3 was worth 100+ gold before and now I do. Though I like the style of medium T3, I was never intending to go for it as a) it covers my character’s pattern and natural glow too much and b) I would rather get T3 for another character. Though I do think the medium T3 is improved, from what I can tell. Though possibly not in the daylight. Not sure.

But this is exactly the problem: People wanted more glow effect. We got more glow effect. Some things had to be changed in order to do that. And, unfortunately, some people are not going to like the changes.

in Sylvari

Marquie Thomas.1873

I thought most people were complaining about medium T3. I personally love how the T3 light has changed. Unfortunately it seems that most people are complaining about T3s (except for heavy), which are the more expensive armors. I didn’t think Light T3 was worth 100+ gold before and now I do. Though I like the style of medium T3, I was never intending to go for it as a) it covers my character’s pattern and natural glow too much and b) I would rather get T3 for another character. Though I do think the medium T3 is improved, from what I can tell. Though possibly not in the daylight. Not sure.

But this is exactly the problem: People wanted more glow effect. We got more glow effect. Some things had to be changed in order to do that. And, unfortunately, some people are not going to like the changes.

There’s nothing wrong with t3 medium at all IMHO i got T3 light legs to glow my exact pattern color and now i love it i didn’t think the set was worth 100 gold to get until the changes were made. I had the chest previously but that the only part i like the chest was improved and now i have the syvari with the glow i always wanted. TBH if the armor were like this from the get go no one would be complaining.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

I’ll point in you in the direction of this thread.

Of the 170-ish posts, the overwhelming majority don’t like the change.

On top of that, it’s not a matter of who likes it and who doesn’t.

YOU DON’T CHANGE ARMOR LOOKS.

Add an alternative, sure. Add more customization, sure. But when the endgame of GW2 was sold as “all the cosmetics,” you don’t mess with people’s endgame. That’s just bad form. Very bad form.

I’m one of the lucky ones who only spent 120-ish gold on my look. Some have spent over 300g. This change is unprecedented and inappropriate.

in Sylvari

eMKay.4028

You will plead for a roll back when there are only two set people are crying over t3 medium/light sets. So let me get it straight you will scream bloody murder over 2 sets that you and a few forums folks hate changes two and you and the forum people who hate it don’t make up a mass majority cues the majority don’t even respond in the forums same can be said about the people who like it i am not claiming that i speak for the majority/minority but most certainly you are in the last few post you have made on this subject. What i suggest you do is go make a new thread aimed at giving better constructive criticism and list possible changes and express in a better attitude about the changes made but i see you have you said your probly done if this change is not rollback/reverted outright that be a wast of time for you.

As I see hardly any argument comes through to you. Not that we were told that there you be a “collaborative development” when there was none on this matter, that in normal developer/customer situation you would be able to get a refund. That set is NOT what I have bought. I am not buyng an expectation for how the et may look like. I am buying what the set looks like at the moment of my purchase. And changing that is a violation of a contract. What assurance do I have that other things I agree on now won’t be acnged drastically over time? How sure I can be that the game won’t go PTP after some time? – that’s the point I am making.

Secondly you have clearly not looked at the forums and the threads created, expecially “https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/My-dyes-have-changed/first”. There is a majority of people hating the change and any persons with even asmall sense of aesthetics will know why. We know what was to be the final result but it turned out worse than it was. We appreciate the effort but failures happen sometimes and we are not angry about that. As I have said earlier we are angry about not consulting such a drastic change with us and forcing it upon us. Should there ahve been a opinion poll and the majority voted for that change I would just exlaim my not liking the change but that would be it. The change would be fair because the majority would have wanted it. In the game whatever sylvari I have talked with they DO NOT LIKE the change. So don’t create a myth that I come with my claims out of the sky.

Last but not least, I will have to repeat myself because you have madfe a response and an argument without even noting that I answered that argument in my post. I will not be happy about every change made to the game and i will not jump like a chipmonk in favor of something being done. That makes you a lemming. We ahve brains and our own throughts on different subjkects and this forum was created to allow us to exrpess our opinion, whether a good or bad. You are happy with the change – lucky you. Most of us aren’t.

in Sylvari

Marquie Thomas.1873

As I see hardly any argument comes through to you. Not that we were told that there you be a “collaborative development” when there was none on this matter, that in normal developer/customer situation you would be able to get a refund. That set is NOT what I have bought. I am not buyng an expectation for how the et may look like. I am buying what the set looks like at the moment of my purchase. And changing that is a violation of a contract. What assurance do I have that other things I agree on now won’t be acnged drastically over time? How sure I can be that the game won’t go PTP after some time? – that’s the point I am making.

Secondly you have clearly not looked at the forums and the threads created, expecially “https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/My-dyes-have-changed/first”. There is a majority of people hating the change and any persons with even asmall sense of aesthetics will know why. We know what was to be the final result but it turned out worse than it was. We appreciate the effort but failures happen sometimes and we are not angry about that. As I have said earlier we are angry about not consulting such a drastic change with us and forcing it upon us. Should there ahve been a opinion poll and the majority voted for that change I would just exlaim my not liking the change but that would be it. The change would be fair because the majority would have wanted it. In the game whatever sylvari I have talked with they DO NOT LIKE the change. So don’t create a myth that I come with my claims out of the sky.

Last but not least, I will have to repeat myself because you have madfe a response and an argument without even noting that I answered that argument in my post. I will not be happy about every change made to the game and i will not jump like a chipmonk in favor of something being done. That makes you a lemming. We ahve brains and our own throughts on different subjkects and this forum was created to allow us to exrpess our opinion, whether a good or bad. You are happy with the change – lucky you. Most of us aren’kittens

not that you argument does not touch me its that my opinion differs from your’s the only part of this entire ordeal i can agree on is changing the sets without warning personally i don’t mine But when you put in that check on the terms of agreement you basically say your ok with changes like this happening. I saw that thread but it had to be cleaned because people cant express their criticism in a healthier way. I will say again the people on the forums do not make up the majority of players you may talk to alot of syvari player that hate the changes and just as many may be around the corner that like the changes. Also most most of the hate are aimed at 2 t3 Sets and on 1 set the changes are aimed at the legs T3 light its hardly enough reason to revert a entire patch dedicated to adding glows that players both on and off forums though the armors should have had in the first place.

(edited by Marquie Thomas.1873)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Combination NC.9813

Combination NC.9813

I have been very unhappy with this change, and after reading the quote by Kristen Perry I feel even more worse about it since this change goes against what she has previously said. I have the T3 medium coat on my ranger and while I very much appreciate not having a green part forced on it when I dye it blue, I really miss the lack of depth in the colour and textures. But what really hurts is my light T3 skirt. The back part of it retains some of the wonderful old leaf texture, but the front does not, making it look like two different garments stitched together. The leaf part wraps around the front a bit, so you have two completely different shown textures together, making the front part look even more dead and undetailed (and no, I do not think we should simply make the entire skirt untextured, that would be terrible). The front and back takes dyes differently, as well, which is a problem.

I own every single pink dye in the game, and despite mixing and matching them all since the change there is no way for me to get close to my old look, which was my endgame look that I grinded for months to be able to buy, and that I have been happy with for months. Having it taken away without having any say in it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. The majority of my characters (six of them) are Sylvari, so this change is affecting most of my gameplay. Their beautiful cultural armour has played a big part in me rolling so many, so I am very, very concerned right now.

I do think the female light T1 looks very nice now, though (the little dots we get on the shoes are adorable). T3? Not at all. Here is a picture of my mesmer in the same dyes before and after, and the sudden lack of detail, shading and blending is rather appalling and a huge downgrade. Please, please consider giving us the option to choose between a textured set or a glowing set. The glossy leaf texture was my main reason for buying it, and why I loved Sylvari culturals enough to get them for all my Sylvari characters.

Attachments:

Knights of the Round Vegetable [SASS], Tarnished Coast.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

I personally love how the T3 light has changed.

I must add, I really like the change to the T1 set. I don’t have T3, so I wont be the judge of the changes to that set. ^^
T1 is glowing nicely now, which makes it easier to match with T2 (and T3 as well I would guess)!

Attachments:

in Sylvari

eMKay.4028

To be honest I have found quite a nice replacement look for my necro, so I am not bothered that much anymore….

Still I will be standing with those that do not like the changes at all and the way they were implemented

And now… a pic (yes, I am happy to able to get a rather nice look after a day of frustration becasue of these changes)

Attachments:

(edited by eMKay.4028)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Phenn.5167

Phenn.5167

To be honest I have found quite a nice replacement look for my necro, so I am not bothered that much anymore….

Still I will be standing with those that do not like the changes at all and the way they were implemented

And now… a pic (yes, I am happy to able to get a rather nice look after a day of frustration becasue of these changes)

Mind giving up a screenie of your dye slots and dye combos? That’s the look I USED to have, and have yet to be able to reclaim.

Regardless, I still am incensed at the loss of textures.

in Sylvari

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

These are before (top) and after (bottom) pictures. I am wearing tier 3 cultural armor (minus the headpiece). I personally do not like the change. I prefer my character’s skin blending in with the leaves. I think the new glow is a bit too much and covers over the detail I loved about the old look.

I have not changed the dyes in any way from the old to the new look.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

eMKay.4028

Mind giving up a screenie of your dye slots and dye combos? That’s the look I USED to have, and have yet to be able to reclaim.

Regardless, I still am incensed at the loss of textures.

I do not mind at all – the Dyes used are Summer Sky (goes well with glow and weapons/Capacitor) and Midnight Ice I’ll leave the mixing up to you, however

And another thing – Kristen Perry has submitted a response on the main thread – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/My-dyes-have-changed/page/4#post3129782. I find it very satisfying and it explains a lot

in Sylvari

Posted by: zerocool.5102

zerocool.5102

I had to choose to change my color scheme because of this “patch”… I think it was for the best!

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Vyko.6953

Vyko.6953

I look so bad now:(

LEFT: NEW RIGHT: OLD

please return it back!

Attachments:

#ELEtism

in Sylvari

Posted by: Theodorick.5208

Theodorick.5208

Please, please go back to the way it was before!

I hate my new t3 light armor so much now. It is just plain, it looks dead. I really hope I haven’t wasted 120 golds on this.

Edit : Found an old screenshot to compare! On the left screenshot you can clearly see more colors in it, more contrasts as well. On the right, it’s just plain, just one even color. And I am supposed to have different shades of green.

No matter what I try I can’t reproduce the old color pattern. And frankly I do not care about glow. I don’t have any glow on my Sylvari. I bought this expensive armor Because it had no glow in it. Please let us go back to the old armor with an option to remove that new glow.

Attachments:

(edited by Theodorick.5208)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i don’t like the change to medium t3 either :/

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Sylvari

Posted by: forwinds.4123

forwinds.4123

well, I don’t like the change, but I think I could get used to it
I’ve posted an article with picture here
http://0rz.tw/TZLnY (I hope you won’t mind the language…)
because the web site is more convenient to edit the “Before/After” pictures

What I care about the most is not Dye or Cultural armors……
But the EYES!!
If the eye color is little deeper, then the eyes become TOTALLY DARK!!
That’s really terrifying…….
Just like the Ju-on (a thriller, if you are curious about it … http://0rz.tw/cxRFj)

I really hope Anet could give back the eyes

Attachments: