Posted by: Tania.9146

Tania.9146

hate skin of my medium t3 now …

Attachments:

Sylvari Cultural armor change?!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Arcain.9106

Arcain.9106

I honestly dont mind that they added a glow effect to our armour but at the cost of detail? Thats not right. Looking over the culture armour they seem really bland and boring now that they’ve lost a lot of their finer details for the sake of a glow effect.

I’d much rather the old styled armour.

in Sylvari

Posted by: YoFuzzy.8092

YoFuzzy.8092

When this change first came out I was really disappointed with the altered patterns and loss of detail on the T3 cultural light, it completely ruined my old dye scheme. But after getting the new toxic mantle and gloves and re-dying everything I have to say it looks amazing and I welcome these changes.

Attachments:

Faolainn | Sylvari Elementalist | Gate of Madness

in Sylvari

Posted by: ewhalen.8604

ewhalen.8604

Okay, so this is why after hours of trying, I still can’t revert my sylvari back to my old look after my Halloween fun? Um, no, Arenanet, change my colors back the way they were, immediately. I was disappointed about the lack of glow, but not so disappointed that I wanted to loose my unique color scheme. I can’t replicate anything as pretty as the one I had. The browns, reds, and greens blended into a lovely purple in the back. I want it back. The competent thing for your company to do is to have the old coloration with the new glow effect. It shouldn’t be that hard. Seriously.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Cottontail.8526

Cottontail.8526

So, I just bought the t3 cultural armor in the last week or so ago post change.
And I have been thoroughly disappointed with the armor set.

I themed my sylvari to have greens, yellows, oranges, and reds like she perpetually exists at the outset of autumn. I emphasized this with a bright green glow and bright green eyes to show off her inner life and magical nature. Or something like that, anyway, romanticize it as much as you like.

I just can’t replicate this with the armor. The mistake to make the armor two-toned with the glow reliant the second tone is … baffling to me, disregarding any lack of detail. It removes any ability to really mix your armor dyes, and stifles what I believe to be the most important part of the sylvari glowing, some sort of hidden inner nature to each sylvari that shines through under the light of the moon. Very Arthurian if I recall. (Plus the legguards and gloves offer two dye slots that… don’t really do anything.)

I just don’t understand why the glow wasn’t put on it’s own layer. As it is half of the colors glow a bright white, a different hue, or just kind of … oddly. The whole experience is just completely unsatisfactory when I could have purchased something else with my money (like full exotics with traveler/celestial runes). After reviewing the forum input and and my own experience, as much as I appreciate adding something to the sylvari that’s important to their aesthetic, this change seems poorly executed and shallow.

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Lorelei.7809

Lorelei.7809

Wow, to me your Sylvari looks beautifully autumnal I think the armor set and colors you have on her look amazing. What exact colors are those?

I do note that in the preview the glow looks more yellow than white, and when she’s in the game, it appears to be more white. I really like the yellow glow look in the preview.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Cottontail.8526

Cottontail.8526

Wow, to me your Sylvari looks beautifully autumnal I think the armor set and colors you have on her look amazing. What exact colors are those?

Thanks! I’m doing the best I can with what I have to work with at least, including a limited color palette.

Colors are Sienna, Chartreuse, Redemption, Harvest Gold, and Khaki

in Sylvari

Posted by: Curae.1837

Curae.1837

I am also quite dissapointed with the loss of the textures. I do enjoy the glow; but I hope they can combine it with the old textures.

“When we remember that we are all mad.
The mysteries dissapear and life stands explained.”

in Sylvari

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I noticed it as well; alot of the armors textures seem to be missing & are now bland & somewhat dull.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Agreed, it looks like the armor is now lower resolution even on high settings. I’ve just clicked through my various alts and my T2 heavy armor is much blurrier than my non-leaf armor on everyone else. Plus it doesn’t dye very well, darkening and graying out most any hue. I love the design of the armor, it’s just right for my warrior, but combining the low res with the dulling of dyes and the big brown splotch in the middle that I can’t change without changing skin color (the brown should be yellow-gold based on his face primary hue, too), all that makes me constantly dissatisfied with his look.

It also apparently makes me type run on sentences. Please fix it before I type again!