Sylvari biological questions.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Leviathan.7459

Leviathan.7459

Q:

Sylvari awaken full grown, so will they grow old like humans? Also, how does the pale tree create Sylvari?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

No one knows the natural life span of sylvari. The oldest show no signs of degeneration with age but they are only 25ish years old so that doesn’t really say too much.

The Pale Tree grows the sylvari in pods like her fruit.

in Sylvari

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

Maybe when the Sylvari ‘mature’ they turn into trees themselves and spawn their own children. (Speculation, don’t take this seriously please.)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

The pale tree created sylvari to emulate humans. While their organs arnt exactly the same, they operate the same way. So I would think they last about as long as human ones do. So taking into account they would be immune to most human diseases they would probably live as long as we do now in real life when we die of old age. So 80-100 years depending on the sylvari.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Tuomir.1830

Tuomir.1830

Maybe when the Sylvari ‘mature’ they turn into trees themselves and spawn their own children. (Speculation, don’t take this seriously please.)

Nope. The Pale Tree grew from a seed Ronan found in a cave. Unless, of course, you are suggesting Sylvari become seeds as they mature.

Only fools and heroes charge in without a plan.

in Sylvari

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

Nope. The Pale Tree grew from a seed Ronan found in a cave. Unless, of course, you are suggesting Sylvari become seeds as they mature.

Since nobody knows what will happen, they might mature into a seed? Although it would be very unlikely. I guess I just like the idea of a tree spawning miniature versions of, let’s say, Trahearne for example.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

It’s arguably possible that Sylvari might age more like trees than animals. The internal organs are -whilst serving similar functions to those of an “animal” race- more analogue than direct copy. The Tree’s idea of how “people” function. However, we need to also account for the fact that Sylvari are “born” in a format that is “adult,” by the standards of any other race. In addition, we have the known fact that none of the Firstborn appear to have aged at all, in twenty-five years. Were I to plant a sapling now, it will visibly change within that period of time.

As for their initial creation, we know that Sylvari awaken -post Dream- from pods. With that in mind, the Tree most likely uses part of “her” material to grow their bodies.
Consider a Sylvari, then, to be a walking “fruit” of the Tree, herself. At least this seems to be the logical assumption, given lore.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)