Thank You for the Sylvari

in Sylvari

Posted by: angelicchoir.7902

angelicchoir.7902

I just wanted to thank the artists, writers, music composers, just everyone who was involved in the creation of the Sylvari. I made a Sylvari ranger today, and I spent about an hour just relaxing and exploring their capital city. It is a beautiful place that I found to be so relaxing and was a huge stress relief.

I also enjoy my Sylvari’s facial expressions. He has this innocent look about him that really fits in with the personality I would expect him to have. His accent is also really nice to listen to, and he has a pleasant voice.

I love the piano music that plays during the view points that I have found in the capital city. I find it to be really relaxing and beautiful, even if it only lasts a few seconds.

I spent some time standing around and listening and watching the npcs interact with each other. I found myself laughing quite a few times at the jokes they tell to each other. Listening to a Charr discuss the glory of a battlefield to wide-eyed Sylvari was priceless.

I also enjoy how the Sylvari seem pure of heart. They love someone for the person the are, regardless of gender. It is really refreshing to see to this, and I think it is exactly what love should be.

I could go on, but I just wanted to share my experiences with the Sylvari. Logging into the game after a hard day, and just being able to relax and feel peaceful is wonderful. Keep up the good work!

in Sylvari

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

I love my Sylvari Ranger as well! It’s funny though how he sometimes says, “I make a great team.” Not sure if full of himself or sarcastically speaking lol.

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

in Sylvari

Posted by: schizandra.4587

schizandra.4587

+1!

The Sylvari match my personality and values more closely than any other fantasy race I’ve encountered. I tried the other races in GW2 and just couldn’t get into them. As far as I’m concerned, I AM Sylvari! The Grove is so enchantingly beautiful that part of me never wants to leave it to go adventuring. And as for the Sylvari themselves, I ended up making 4 at the same time because I couldn’t decide on a single look to commit to. So many gorgeous choices! Yes, thank you very much for the Sylvari.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

(…)

I love the piano music that plays during the view points that I have found in the capital city. I find it to be really relaxing and beautiful, even if it only lasts a few seconds.

(…)

If I’m not totally mistaken it should be “Fear Not This Night”.

I made a Sylvari with the intention of giving the wraith mask to another character and then deleting the Necromancer … now it’s my 9th character.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Sylvari

Posted by: angelicchoir.7902

angelicchoir.7902

That is it! I found it on youtube. Thanks for that, its really beautiful.

in Sylvari

Posted by: DayLight.9603

DayLight.9603

Completely agree with Angelicchoir! I keep on telling my guild that they should all change over to Sylvari (I am one of only two Sylvari in a guild of 40+ members). We easily have the best designed home in the entire game. Our background music is wonderful, enchanting and yes – the conversations between the NPC’s!

After a long day of slugging through infested dungeons, or exploring the wide world I know that I can head HOME where I can repair my armor, sell a couple of trinkets that I’ve gathered – create that tasty meal and – relax.

Sylvari for life. <3

in Sylvari

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

If only they weren’t the worst kind of Mary Sues there is…

Immune to Dragon corruption? Blacksmiths that have only been alive for like 20 years can match the best of the other races? Trahearne?

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

in Sylvari

Posted by: schizandra.4587

schizandra.4587

Oh, you’re just jealous because we never have to worry about becoming an ugly walking corpse and we can make love without having to worry about any consequences. :P

in Sylvari

Posted by: Eleima.5027

Eleima.5027

I agree! The first character I rolled, my main character, was a Sylvari Elementalist, and I just love her to pieces. I fell in love with the Sylvari, the lore, their home (the Grove is just absolutely gorgeous, wow)… I remember emerging from the first mission and just wandering around the Grove and Caledon Forest, in utter wonderment. So yes, thank you for the Sylvari!

Server: Northern Shiverpeaks (NA)
Guild: Gamers With Jobs

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

I gotta join in on the sylvari love. I have about 6 of them now and love them to bits. I’m pretty sure I spend more time in Celadon than anywhere else in the game. I bought this game because of the sylvari and I haven’t been disappointed.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Swimsasa Stoon.8936

Swimsasa Stoon.8936

My primary was a human elementalist in gw1 so I continued the saga as a human elementalist in gw2. Now that I have been trying out alts I just can’t get enough of Sylvari and wish I had made a sylvari elementalist instead… I guess a sylvari necro and guardian should do…

in Sylvari

Posted by: Aeros.2046

Aeros.2046

My Sylvari Necro is amazing too. I just love the effect of wide eyes innocence of a pretty plant lady that looks like a flower suddenly going “This rose has thorns, and here they are!” while drawing two daggers and proceeding to lay the gift of death to something :P

[KRTA]
Maguuma

in Sylvari

Posted by: Highlord.7158

Highlord.7158

I love and adore my Sylvari rifleman warrior. I can barely hear her cheers and one liners over the hail of gunfire, but she’s just so cute, perky and cheery. I love everything about the whole race.

Haven’t seen much of other NPC’s aside from the flighty Warden outside Annwyn and Caithe, oh, and the idiot that went traitor because his lover did. But so far they’ve all been great.

…as an aside, do Sylvari ever meet Asura that aren’t total ***holes? Thus far I’ve had to deal with three, and I’ve wanted to hit all of them between the eyes with my rifle stock.

BAM
There’s two IQ points gone!
BAM
And another two!
BAM
And again!
BAM
BAM
BAM

in Sylvari

Posted by: Bubbles.5926

Bubbles.5926

I bought GW2 so I could play a Sylvari. The race is amazing and shrouded in mystery.

in Sylvari

Posted by: AnimangaGirl.5348

AnimangaGirl.5348

I love the sylvari too, they are so beautifull.
I love so much the Grove and coldeon forest that now that i’m lv 80 i miss so much that type of maps i wish that i could have more maps like them, i love how they are connected to the nature. I have an Sylvari elementalist and i love her so much, she is so beautiful an she have this kind and smile face, like ’’i’m always an happy girl, i could die but i’m still smiling’’ i love how they are so cultured and wise, i now that azura is the most intelligent race but sylvari is intelligent too but in other way that i like more, they are intelligent in lifestyle, like they have this life philosophy that i love, ‘’every one have to right to live, everyone have to right to grow, to love to be themselfs’’ and that is soo beautifull they are like Buddhists, sylvari have the potion to live well and good, with harmony with them selfs and the world, they are the race made for me, when i read their story i just feel ‘’OMG i love them i want to be one of them, they are made for people like me’’

Now in lv 80 all maps are so dead, without live i miss so much the grove, that sometimes i just make another sylvari.

I play with my boyfriend and he wanted to me be an human cuz he don’t like sylvari, and i was ‘’i don’t want to be an human, i hate humans in real live, and i am an human, i want to be an sylvari cuz they are better that humans, humans are mean, they kill without in cold blood’’ in other games i’m always the race that is more connected to nature, normally is elfs.

in Sylvari

Posted by: SquallofBalamb.8973

SquallofBalamb.8973

…as an aside, do Sylvari ever meet Asura that aren’t total ***holes? Thus far I’ve had to deal with three, and I’ve wanted to hit all of them between the eyes with my rifle stock.

BAM
There’s two IQ points gone!
BAM
And another two!
BAM
And again!
BAM
BAM
BAM

I totally agree, they are such stuck up little ugly Gnomes.

But Ive got to say the Sylvari first intrigued me when they said “There not elves, theyre not dryads, theyre Sylvari” And they are totally right. Theyre logically, sensitive, caring, down to earth (pardon the pun) walking plants who really just want the best for Tyria. They are not blinded by blind faith, prejudice or delusions of grandeur. You meet a Sylvari and they don’t care who you are, what race you are, what gender you are or what you believe in. All that matters to them is what you do, Its a mentality that I can relate to and personally find rather hard to come by, especially in fantasy settings.

Minion Master of Apex of Tyria
Warrior of GOLD
(Whiteside Ridge)