in Sylvari

Posted by: Jake.1430

Jake.1430

Just thought I’d let everyone know…

The very first Sylvari is a Necromancer

in Sylvari

Posted by: Rainbow Sprint.3215

Rainbow Sprint.3215

I think you misunderstand the term firstborn. 12-ish sylvari came from the pale tree in the first generation of sylvari. All of them are refered to as firstborn. So treherne isnt necessarily the very first, just one of the original.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

No, Trahearne was the very first Sylvari to be born. I forget where I heard it from, but he was born much earlier than the rest of the Firstborn (13 hours, if I recall correctly).

in Sylvari

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Trahearne is the first of the Pale Tree’s children- she tells you that in the level 4ish personal story, when you meet him.
He is literally the first of the Firstborn

Gunnar’s Hold

in Sylvari

Posted by: Reganov.3569

Reganov.3569

It makes sense in a way. Sylvari are created (with the help of the Pale Tree) from the dead. So for the first Firstborn (Trahearne) to have a deep set connection with the dead is quite understandable.

I think it’s an emotional/spiritual connection more than a dark/evil connection.

Wolfred Darkwater – Fort Aspenwood

in Sylvari

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Sylvari are not created from the dead. That was an asura theory of why the sylvari look like humans. But devs have stated that it is wrong because they state that sylvari are the Pale trees interpretation of humanity due to her interaction with Rowan but she only saw the outside of them so they don’t imitate the inner workings.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Cool huh?

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Sylvari

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

As far as I am concerned this has no importance. there are other sylvari necromancer. and sylvari taking up the mantle of all the other professions in equal proportions.

Thus the fact that the first first born is a necromancer is nothing but classic rng.

Now if ALL the firstborns were necromancer…….that be a different story.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Phoenix Fire.6203

Phoenix Fire.6203

I did think it was a bit odd but it doesn’t really change anything, he uses caldbolg all the time so it’s more a cosmetic thing. It’s a cool contrast though, Trahearne being all dark and necromancery while the Pale Tree is the embodiment of light. Also, Faolin is a firstborn and she is a Necromancer.

Plays on Fort Ranik.
Ceara Bramble 80 sylvari engineer.
Freyr Treewalker 80 sylvari ranger.

in Sylvari

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Faolain is a mesmer, actually.

I would object, though, to the claim that sylvari take up professions in equal proportions. They do seem to have favourites (rangers in particular, then elementalists and mesmers).

Given Trahearne’s Wyld Hunt, it also may not be RNG. The Dream, for whatever reason, decided that the very first born was to be targeted at cleansing Orr. Necromancy is a logical field of study for learning more about Zhaitan and the Risen.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Phoenix Fire.6203

Phoenix Fire.6203

She’s a Mesmer? I thought she was a necro, she looks like one. Oops, my bad. Guess I will do my research next time.

Plays on Fort Ranik.
Ceara Bramble 80 sylvari engineer.
Freyr Treewalker 80 sylvari ranger.

in Sylvari

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

This won’t end well.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Sylvari

Zaxares.5419

Now that you mention it, what are the professions of the known Firstborns?

Trahearne – Necromancer
Caithe – Thief
Faolain – Mesmer
Riannoc – Guardian?
Aife – Warrior?
Niamh – Guardian?

Kahedins – ?
Dagonet – ?
Malomedies – ?

in Sylvari

draxynnic.3719

We can confirm Riannoc as being a guardian – he uses Zealot’s Defence in the story step where we witness his death.

Aife is known for her skill with a bow, implying a thief, ranger, or warrior – my money would be on ranger, given how many sylvari rangers we see and we haven’t confirmed any other ranger firstborn. Niamh is described in Dream and Nightmare as a “bold and experienced warrior”.

I think I saw indications on Malomedies and Kehedins somewhere, but don’t recall where. I think Malomedies is a necromancer, while Kahedins is ether a mesmer or elementalist, but I’m really not sure.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Kahedins is a Shaper. Dagonet is a scholar. Malomedies is an astronomer.

I don’t think they have a “class”; not every NPC is an adventurer.

in Sylvari

Posted by: phantomxjenna.4925

phantomxjenna.4925

I’m assuming Aife is probably a ranger. She wears the cultural medium armor, and though thieves CAN use a bow, I haven’t seen any thief NPC’s using the shortbow.

in Sylvari

draxynnic.3719

I’m pretty sure I have, but i couldn’t tell you where and who offhand. Pistols and daggers are certainly much more common, though.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Eggman.1405

Eggman.1405

Niamh is described in Dream and Nightmare as a “bold and experienced warrior”.

You have to be careful interpreting statements like that, because a writer who isn’t being careful could just be using `warrior` in the context of `fighter` and not be referring to the class. If the in-game text capitalized the word, though, I would then assume they meant the class specifically.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Synix.9614

Synix.9614

Malomedies wears the T3 cultural light armor so hes either a necro, mes, or ele.

Kahedins I THINK wears medium armor (cant find it on any of the sylvari armor pictures), which would mean hes either: thief, ranger or engi. It says on his wiki that he makes things and apparently hes the one who invented seed turrets so turrets=engi?

And Dagonet… well he wears heavy armor (barbaric shoulders&gloves, priory chest, vigil pants) so hes either a guard or war.

in Sylvari

Zaxares.5419

Wynne is wearing T2 Cultural Light, so she’s also a scholar class.