What is my Sylvari saying?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

We had a brilliant thread like this on the Asura forums and I think we should have one here. Our characters have some great one-liners, but we don’t get to hear them all depending on our classes. List some of the great things your Sylvari says below:

Mine will sometimes say: “My destiny is taking root!” when I level up.

When health is low, he’ll mutter: “Death stalks me…”

Sometimes he says “Gave it my all…” in a sad, depressed manner. Although I’m not sure what prompts this.

My favorite though is on the battle field he will occasionally yell: “Did you SEE that???”

POST YOURS BELOW

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

(edited by Entropy.4732)

in Sylvari

Posted by: NemoVonUtopia.4183

NemoVonUtopia.4183

My favorite is “wha, what’s going on” when I get confused.

in Sylvari

Entropy.4732

My favorite is “wha, what’s going on” when I get confused.

Heh! I’ve never gotten that! What’s your class / gender?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Malhanjia.1452

Malhanjia.1452

Me and and a few guildies did CoF Path 2 for the first time this evening. At the end after we killed the Eternal flame boss, my sylvari guardian said something like “Nice, can we go again?” in his really excited voice. It seems everyone else in mumble heard it and all said a resounding “No!” Gave me a good laugh, certainly very well timed. ^^

When they say “I gave it my all..” it’s usually when they are just about to go into the downed state.

‘Some must fight so that all may be free.’ Iiommar – Guardian. Aurora Glade.

in Sylvari

Posted by: athuria.2751

athuria.2751

I’ve had my male Sylvari say “That was fun. Can we go again?” at the end of dungeons and it makes me smile every time. Also, combo field lines: “Did you see that?” “I make a pretty good team!”

Vulnerability and protection too—“I need cover!”and “Safe from harm.”

I’m also fond of my female Sylvari’s “Oh, what’s happening?” when confused.

I’ve noticed we have very rare lines when using racial skills (such as take root) but I hear them so infrequently I can’t remember what they are.

Syrlya | Sylvari Mesmer
Arabelle Jones | Human Engineer
Stormbluff Isle

in Sylvari

Entropy.4732

Just heard a new one. I used a skill in WvW that causes swiftness and my Sylvari belted out “Let’s DO this!!”

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

I get a laugh out of “Come on, hit me!” from my sylvari dudes when they get retaliation. They’re so kitteny and adorable.

“I deserve an award!” from getting the gathering part of the daily is always funny too.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Just heard a new one. I used a skill in WvW that causes swiftness and my Sylvari belted out “Let’s DO this!!”

Don’t believe thats a Swiftness-related quote. I think its just a “start of combat” quote that happens when you unsheath your weapon.

For my male Sylvari, I’m fond of the quote he says when he gets an achievement. “Its all skill… and a little luck”.

For my female, I like “Fit and feisty”. I think its for Vigor, but I’m not entirely sure. Also like one of the level-up quotes “I’m on my way to greener fields”.

in Sylvari

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

“Swift and Steady.”

I also like that one “Did you see that?” has me looking all over for what he just saw that made him say that.

Also, i get something along the lines of “Great combo?”

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

in Sylvari

Posted by: Arrow Storm.4618

Arrow Storm.4618

at the end of a dungeon, my male sylvari goes “they’ll remember our names for centuries!”

in Sylvari

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Male ranger

F1 command(attack)

“Go for the throat!”

When pets recover from empty health in combat:

“You will not die on my watch.”
“It is not the time to die yet, get up.”(Unsure about this one)

End of a dungeon:

“That was fun, can we go again?”

(edited by Recycle.5493)

in Sylvari

Entropy.4732

Has anyone got: “This rose has thorns! And here they are!” I never have but I think I heard another player yell this once. Love it.

in Sylvari

Posted by: midnightcity.1879

midnightcity.1879

I Really love the “Did you SEE that???” on the battlefield, he sounds absolutely mystified. Also when drawing your weapon the very excited “Let’s DO THIS!” and “Entering combat!” are both kind of adorable and entertaining. I’ve heard him say something along the lines of “I’m wilting,” although I’m not sure exactly what prompts that one.

The male necromancer in specific has some snarky sounding phrases, such as a very sarcastic “Oh no… I’ll miss you.” when a minion dies.

in Sylvari

Posted by: athuria.2751

athuria.2751

Ooh, I completely forgot about “I’m wilting.” It’s from trying to dodge with low endurance.

I also like “my destiny is taking root” from discovering areas because plant puns.

“This rose has thorns, and here they are!” is what the female Sylvari says when she gets retaliation.

Syrlya | Sylvari Mesmer
Arabelle Jones | Human Engineer
Stormbluff Isle

in Sylvari

Posted by: Murderotic.7629

Murderotic.7629

I really enjoy this race.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Uisce.9812

Uisce.9812

Has anyone got: “This rose has thorns! And here they are!” I never have but I think I heard another player yell this once. Love it.

i get this one alot im pretty sure its from retaliaion…might be protection ( although that wouldn’t make much sense), hard to tell since they are both up so often in my build.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Male ranger

F1 command(attack)

“Aim for the throat!”

Do you mean; “Go for the Throat?” My Sylvari says that when I summon a Candy Corn Elemental with the toy Scepter. I thought it was a pun attached to the weapon and not an actual Sylvari line. ;x Guess it just matched really well then. :P

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Cybila.6314

Cybila.6314

i get this one alot im pretty sure its from retaliaion…might be protection ( although that wouldn’t make much sense), hard to tell since they are both up so often in my build.

My female Sylvari Mesmer shouts that out when she gets might one of my favorites!!

in Sylvari

Electro.4173

Thats for Retaliation. I hear it a LOT on my Guardian, between light combo fields and Symbol of Wrath. And I actually hate that quote, personally, its too long and sounds a bit awkward IMO. I would have preferred just “This rose has thorns”.

Might for females is “I am mighty”. Protection is simply “Protected”.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Recycle.5493

Recycle.5493

Male ranger

F1 command(attack)

“Aim for the throat!”

Do you mean; “Go for the Throat?”

Yeah, I guess I kinda remembered it wrong.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

Not what a PC says, but I remember exploring the Grove and an NPC referred to drinking heavily as “Being Nectared.”
Totally lost it.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

When my Sylvari died, she said something like, “I will not accept defeat!”

Heck yeah. I’m going back for revenge.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Dr Hashbrown.7104

Dr Hashbrown.7104

Male engineer deploying a healing turret: Dispenser set! TF2 much? :P

-Drums

in Sylvari

Posted by: stjf.7180

stjf.7180

‘This rose has thorns. Here they are!’ is a personal favorite on my female guardian when she gets retaliation. I adventure with a Norn Guardian often and we joke about his equivalent ‘Hmmmm, feels nice’ and which of one sounds funniest.

in Sylvari

Arikyali.5804

I could almost bet I heard a unique one in using the elite skill Take Root. It sounded like she said “Going under!” or something.

although once, I did hear her say, “We are champions!” after using an elite skill It was even with a royal pause after the ‘we’.

in Sylvari

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

I’ve had my male Sylvari say “That was fun. Can we go again?” at the end of dungeons and it makes me smile every time. Also, combo field lines: “Did you see that?” “I make a pretty good team!”

I could have sworn that “Did you see that?!” comes up whenever a mob goes down from a critical kill shot. Then again i most of then get it when i am in the middle of a hectic event.

in Sylvari

Entropy.4732

Great posts! Sometimes my Sylvari’s english accent gets a bit wonky in a hilarious way. Most of the time he maintains a slight upper class brit accent, but on certain lines it shifts. For example, when he gets retaliation and says “Hit me! I dare you…” he sounds a bit like Kennedy. Then, recently, out of nowhere I took a camp in WvW and heard him say “That’s done” in a thick, irish accent. It was very startling and hilarious.

in Sylvari

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

When I think about it, I guess the sylvari are more or less born with their “accents” from the Dream. They’re not learning how to speak the entire language as they’re growing up, right? Maybe some refinement and practice, but they’re mostly stuck with what they started with.

It might be like learning how to say “good morning” in West Virginia and “where’s the car” in Boston while agreeing with people in Valley Girl.

… don’t let your kids watch too much TV growing up. Totally.

What is the female sylvari saying at low health? It sounds like “Need a…”?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Sylvari

Arikyali.5804

My sylvari says something like, “can’t go on my much longer.” when she’s at low health. Maybe it depends on class?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Great posts! Sometimes my Sylvari’s english accent gets a bit wonky in a hilarious way. Most of the time he maintains a slight upper class brit accent, but on certain lines it shifts. For example, when he gets retaliation and says “Hit me! I dare you…” he sounds a bit like Kennedy. Then, recently, out of nowhere I took a camp in WvW and heard him say “That’s done” in a thick, irish accent. It was very startling and hilarious.

Oh my god, I’m so glad I’m not the only one that hears “hit me, I dare you” as sounding like Kennedy. I thought I was crazy.
The English accent completely drops when my warrior says “I can FEEL the adrenaline.” He just sounds American, which the VA is. The accent occasionally fails in the personal story, as well.

Aside from that, the VA’s really great. I love my necro’s lines. “No rest for you yet, sweet soul.” My main (engineer) also has said the “dispenser” line when dropping a healing turret.

His fall screams crack me up, and his laughter is so hilariously awkward. Haven’t picked up any unique lines on my male mesmer yet.

in Sylvari

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I like when my sylvari gets defeated then revived, she’s like :“I’M UP, I’m up” as if she was caught sleeping on the job XD

Or when i finish somebody off in pvpwvw, she’s like “Oh, that had to hurt”

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Sylvari

Posted by: TehGFreeman.1534

TehGFreeman.1534

A few of my favorites are

Defeating a mob or player – “Maybe you’ll think twice next time”
Getting Confused – “Oh?… What’s happening?”
Leveling up – “I grow more lovely every day”
– “I’m on my way to greener fields”
Retaliation – “This Rose has thorns and here they are”
Necromancer Summoning – “Arise my minion, I give you purpose”
– “Come Forth from death my beauty”
Necromancer Minion death – “Killing my Minions…? I’ll make more”
– “Life’s Fragile, rest now.”

Those are some of my favorites that spring to mind, one of my sylvari said something new the other day but I forgot what it was.

“Destroying my minions?, I’ll make more.”

in Sylvari

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

“I loved that little fellow…”

And yet it didn’t stop me from blowing him up with Putrid Explosion. XD

in Sylvari

Entropy.4732

Necros are so lucky! I love the relationship the VA has with their minions. We mesmers say nothing when we summon or send our illusions to their shattered deaths.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Dysdaimon.2158

Dysdaimon.2158

My Sylvari mesmer sometimes says, “Mother! Grant me an ally!” when she uses the Healing Seed skill and spawns a plant. It sounds kind of cool bar for the flimsy-looking plant that appears afterwards.

“If you want to work here, close!”

in Sylvari

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

“I make a pretty good team.” sounds so arrogant. Cracks me up every time.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Sylvari

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

“I make a pretty good team.” sounds so arrogant. Cracks me up every time.

Rather fitting when you’re a nightbloom too. XD

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

in Sylvari

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Nah, I’m dawnbloom!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in Sylvari

Entropy.4732

My sylvari mesmer just yelled “I’m IN!!!” when I cast temporal curtain. Awesome.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

My Ranger says “no no no” when her pet dies or “I’ll save you” when it is on low health.
I love it when she explores a new place and says “I’ll pass this on to the Pale Tree”

My Mesmer uses the line “this rose has thorns…” often.
I can swear one of them said “I am amazing” the other day

Gunnar’s Hold

in Sylvari

Posted by: Vagelis.9562

Vagelis.9562

“I feel FURIOUS”
“I feel Mighty "
My male sylvari thief gets Fury/Might through Thrill of the crime , and it fits.

“I’m exposed” during vulnerability …….. cracks me up a bit

Revive Tybalt Leftpaw, only guy obsessed with sth other than Dragons Zombies or outrunning centaurs

(edited by Vagelis.9562)

in Sylvari

Posted by: nica.5829

nica.5829

“I’ve never been here… ", sounding cutely astonished when discovering an unexplored area.
“Look at this! So pretty. ", when you loot an exotic :}

in Sylvari

Posted by: gryphonwing.2531

gryphonwing.2531

I’m pretty sure I heard my male Mesmer go, “Me? Lose?” when I got defeated, I couldn’t feel bad about dying after that.
Sometimes I get feared too and he’ll say, “Flee, and take shelter!” which is probably one of the most roundabout ways of saying run and hide.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

The female sylvari drunk lines are pretty good (wish they’d put them in when you get drunk off items and not just from spell effects).

in Sylvari

Posted by: gryphonwing.2531

gryphonwing.2531

Oh my god, we need the Belcher’s Bluff boasting quotes!
I only remember three of the male lines, those being…
“Did you know that warden gunslingers prefer… dual pistils?”
“Do you ever wonder what happens when we die? We compost.”
“I’d like to get my hands on some Charr weaponry. Put the… petal to the metal, so to speak.”

If you guys know any more, post ’em!

in Sylvari

Posted by: ninemileshigh.4536

ninemileshigh.4536

I have a very vocal male sylvari elementalist, who chatters a lot when changing attunements:
Earth: “Solid earth!” / “I am rock and soil!” / “Element of earth, hear me!”
Fire: “Consuming fire!” / “I am the flames!” / “Element of fire, obey me!”
Water: “Persistent water!” / “I am rain and ice!” / “Element of water, attend me!”
Air: “Joyous air!”/ “I am the wind!” / “Element of wind, heed me!”

Also. The thing I find most hilarious is when attuning to water grants him regeneration. And even though he’s the one who does it, he still goes: “I’m renewed?!” like he’s honestly baffled it’s actually happening.

He’s similarly awed whenever he gets a rare drop: “You rarely see one of those…!”

I often play with a friend who has a necro sylvari male, and he has the most exquisite lines I’ve heard… I’m not sure I can completely quote all but:

“No rest for you, sweet soul.”
“Your duty lays by /my/ side, now.”

If someone knows all of them, please post them. They’re all said in such a dark, sleek, smooth tone… just wow.

(edited by ninemileshigh.4536)

in Sylvari

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I heard one I’ve never heard before from my sylvari when she went into the downed state, it was “No! Impossible!” so cute

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Sylvari

Posted by: Muchachowitz.6057

Muchachowitz.6057

The first time I heard “I deserve an award!” was for getting the eat 50 things achievement. It was downright funderful.

in Sylvari

Posted by: mintkola.3756

mintkola.3756

A male sylvari necro can also say “I command you to rise again!” or “Come to me minion, and do my bidding.” when summoning and “Back to dust my minion” or “Another minion down… I’ll have to make more” when it dies.
I think the other lines have already been mentioned.

(edited by mintkola.3756)

in Sylvari

Electro.4173

I hate the “You rarely see one of those” line for Sylvari getting a rare item. Mostly because vials of liquid karma are considered rare (why?) and with the champ bags those things are now common as dirt.

“You rarely see one of those”. Uh… yah. I’ve got 50 of them sitting right there and I get another one every few minutes. Stop saying that >.<