What profession for Sylvari?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Varqov.6984

Varqov.6984

Me and another Guildie are talking about making a new Sylvari character. For a while now, I have been stuck on choosing a profession. Right now I am a warrior and my guildie is a ranger (we had them in GW1).

What profession are you and why? , and what professions make the most sense as a Sylvari?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

All professions work with every race.

My main is a Sylvari thief, mostly because I play the stealth/agi/dex profession in most RPG type games.

My secondary is a Sylvari Mesmer because I find them interesting.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in Sylvari

Posted by: ddoi.9264

ddoi.9264

Well…if you don’t want to make sense, go engineer. I love how my nature-loving flowery sylvari prances around in her distinctive child-like animations and clothes, and then upon meeting a random animal suddenly pulls out a flame thrower and burns everything on sight.

While smiling.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Lord Rhett.9360

Lord Rhett.9360

Well…if you don’t want to make sense, go engineer. I love how my nature-loving flowery sylvari prances around in her distinctive child-like animations and clothes, and then upon meeting a random animal suddenly pulls out a flame thrower and burns everything on sight.

While smiling.

This.

Honestly, though, Ranger might seem to make the most sense. Still, there’s nothing wrong with a Sylvari Thief or Mesmer.

My Little Dolyak: Supply is Magic

in Sylvari

Posted by: Soulus.4308

Soulus.4308

While smiling.

Haha that made me smile ^^

But yeah, mesmers are nice with sylvari imo, but really just go with whatever you want I think the sylvari are nice with all of the classes.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Luriyu.6873

Luriyu.6873

lore wise…

Silvari Ranger (nature stuff for literal tree people)

Silvari Necromancer ( nature stuff, power over life and death. curious about death)

silvari Elementalist (cause magic)

Silvari Warrior (cause hit stuff)

list continues

try anything, if you plan on role playing though (and not as a rainbow-unicorn bringing people happiness with your rainbow thrower pyro) then go for ranger or necro.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ba air.1372

Ba air.1372

Most of the Wardens seem to be ranger, which works nicely for Sylvari. I have an unhealthy amount of Sylvari of various professions though. I picked elementalist for my first plant because he was based on an outside character… and a tree man breathing fire is just amazing on so many levels.

Any profession can make sense easily for Sylvari, even a deranged engineer. They’re curious and love to learn new things. Personally I prefer Sylvari rangers over others because you can start with a lovely fern hound.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Dustfinger.9510

Dustfinger.9510

Engineer isn’t so strange. Humans use technology rather than bone clubs and claw knives. And sylvari get a broad world view in the dream.

in Sylvari

Posted by: The LZ.7891

The LZ.7891

I have a Sylvari Guardian, due to I think it fits well.
Guardian fits well with the Sylvari “spirit” I believe.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Bobobejumbo.4951

Bobobejumbo.4951

ditto on the sylvari guardian.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I made my Sylvari an engineer.

Their everlasting curiosity for the world leads some Sylvari into the technological, scientific profession of the Engineer.

Utilizing the harmony of both nature and machine complimenting each other, the Sylvari engineer makes practical use of the natural world around him to approach science from a more open-minded perspective, making use of deceptively primitive organisms like plants and grubs to develop their powerful elixirs, venomous guns, and of course, the flame thrower!

Even the simplest of medicine began as plants. Without life, there is no science! That is the true meaning of a Sylvari Engineer! We are the grassroots of discovery and research!

Attachments:

in Sylvari

Posted by: Darknass.1903

Darknass.1903

While smiling.

So THAT is who the Pyro is in TF 2! I get it now!

On topic: Ranger is a perfect fit, naturey (its a word!), fern hound is a perfect fit, and well you get the rest.

Also Elementalist works quite well since they are well attuned with the elements.

HoD – Ranger, Ele, Guard, Engie.

“The best defense is a strong offense.”

in Sylvari

Posted by: Warzog.6315

Warzog.6315

I’ve tried the Sylvari as just about every profession. From an RPG standpoint, I really enjoyed the Ranger. Unfortunately, as I enjoy playing Rogues in most games, and the Assassin/Ranger in Guild Wars 1, I had to go with the Thief. I really enjoy running a stealth build, which makes things much easier for my playstyle.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Coffietire.2783

Coffietire.2783

I’d say the profession that is the most “normal” for the Sylvari would be the ranger (mine is a necromancer).
Not only for the nature focused class, but also because you can have a fern houd as a pet, a dog creature that is also born from the pale tree so it makes more sense rather than a random bear that popped out of nowhere.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Webba.3071

Webba.3071

Guardian goes really well with the whole Arthurian thing they’ve got going on. Mesmer is another great choice for the whole mystery element.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ramethzero.3785

Ramethzero.3785

I made one of my sylvari my second engineer. It seemed the logical choice for me because they are a race of people very big into exploration and discovery. Mind you, my engineer’s personality will be somewhat warped in an RP sense. After all, the race is also somewhat inexperienced by comparison to the centuries that the other races boast.

Besides, the ‘tree hugging sylvari’ mold was completely blown to the wind when I watched Caithe murder an unarmed person to cover her trail. I wont go into detail but later I find out that was just the tip of the iceberg too. The Sylvari are in the same existential crisis that all the other races are, despite how they are presented.

For the Toast!
Tarnished Coast Server

in Sylvari

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My Sylvari is a Necromancer. Who’s also of the Cycle of the Dawn. She’s this cute, chirpy little thing that insists on treating her summoned minions like cherished pets, and claims that undead are just as alive as living creatures, only in a different form.

“When an animal dies, its body decays, and becomes a part of the grass. But the spirit of the animal lives on, becoming part of the spirit of the grass. So you see, when I call my friends, I’m just letting that spirit run around again in a body it used to have!”

Her only objection to the Risen is the fact that the Risen try to kill everything else. She firmly believes that if Zhaitan is taken out of the picture, the Risen will be free to find their own path, and possibly find a way to peacefully integrate with the other races of Tyria.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

Sylvari’s natural curiosity and openness leads them to be willing to try any profession. Ranger may be the most “fitting”, but any are appropriate and accepted. This is unlike player charr, with their aversion to magic, or possibly the martial professions for asura (through a tactical warrior would fit reasonably well).

The “plant vs. fire” nonsense has to stop. Dry wood and leaves burn readily, but wet/live wood does not burn easily at all. Flesh burns easier than live wood, and you do not see humans fear using fire.

The flamethrowers, fire spells, and the like are heavily controlled uses that are little threat to their wielders, when used properly.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

in Sylvari

Posted by: mherren.7560

mherren.7560

I think that any profession you want to try would be great. I made a Silvari warrior at first but didn’t like how he played so I then made a Sylvari Elementalist and love it. Rangers make sense due to Sylvari being made from nature, but they are also magical so any of the magical professions also make alot of sense. But I think that other professions are necessary in any society so to balance the society of Sylvari they would need all professions. I would say pick a profession that you would enjoy playing, since that is the whole point of playing a game in the first place.

in Sylvari

Posted by: HuntsForge.3260

HuntsForge.3260

I made a sylvari engi, but lore wise any profession works for them as they are a young race that wants to learn everything about the world and experience everything.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Zidijan.4826

Zidijan.4826

Engineer. I made my sylvari have dark blue skin so that he looks like a seaweed. His natural resistance to fire makes him perfectly equipped to not kill himself with his own bombs and flamethrower

in Sylvari

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Guardian (protect all life), Ranger (one with nature), Thief (lithe & dextrous, like Caithe), Necro (curious about life/death).

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Sylvari

Posted by: kettering.6823

kettering.6823

I have two Sylvari characters: a Mesmer (my first character and the only one so far to hit 80) and a Guardian. The Sylvari were actually the main reason I picked up GW2, because I have an endless love for anything dryad. Mesmer just seemed like the right class for them; Guardian was my second choice because of the ‘protect all life’ aspect.