What's your Sylvari's birth cycle?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Robert Andrews.7168

Robert Andrews.7168

Long time no see, a-net forums.

So I just got back into the game after canceling a lot of my other subscription based things (like Xbox Live Gold and WoW,) and I decided to start fresh. Completely. Even meant cleaning out my bank and wiping my characters. Every now and then you gotta do something like that.

So I decided to start up a Sylvari, the race I was probably most attracted to the last time I played. I went chose Warrior, since I’ve grown used to melee combat in various other games, but I had to stop and think about what birth cycle I wanted, even though it has so little impact on one’s character.

In the end, I decided to go with the Noon cycle. While I personally may be more secretive and lonely, I do prefer to face down any challenge I see and attack it head-on. Figuratively, of course, they kinda frown upon beating someone over the head with a book when they do something stupid. Plus, there’s nothing in the Noon’s description that says a Sylvari born then can’t be a bit more solitary. I think it’s a perfect fit for me.

So, what’s your Sylvari’s birth cycle? Did you choose it because of your class, your class because of it, or was there a deeper meaning? Lemme know.

Oh for the love of little green tomatoes…

in Sylvari

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Always Night. I like their style.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Sylvari

Posted by: Vagelis.9562

Vagelis.9562

Im Thief born under the Sylvari of Night. Plus Malomedies is my favourite Luminary.

Revive Tybalt Leftpaw, only guy obsessed with sth other than Dragons Zombies or outrunning centaurs

in Sylvari

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Cycle of Noon.

Partially because the description fits her personality better than the others, partially because her name is Alleria Wildrunner so favouring full sun over night seemed appropriate.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

in Sylvari

Posted by: daver.8324

daver.8324

My thief Velandru Voidseer is born in the cycle of night. Choice of class wouldnt of influenced why i chose night.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Luriyu.6873

Luriyu.6873

night. mainly because i liked the idea of being a solo-hunter ranging across WvWvW with my trusty Fernhound and wolf.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

My elementalist is a Dusk bloom, and for conversation options I went into full charm to illustrate this. He’s the flirtiest Norn sized Sylvari you ever did see.

My theif is somewhat predictably a Night Bloom, though thats less to do with her class and more to do with my beaux heckling me during character creation saying “you’re up all night so you should choose that”. And I was like eh ehh.

in Sylvari

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

My Ranger was born at the Cycle of Dusk.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Sylvari

Posted by: Malhanjia.1452

Malhanjia.1452

I have 4 Sylvari currently, one for each cycle.

My Guardian Iiommar, being a gentle soul was born during Dawn. I see him to be wise, and almost like a father figure to my other sylvari, more likely to talk his way out of a problem and fight at a last resort.
Necro Lellenwyr is a Nightbloom. Extremely secretive and uncomfortable around large groups of people. However I always pictured him awakened just as dusk slipped into night as he does enjoy learning about anything and everything.
Thief Guiwennaiv is a Duskbloom, because she also loves to learn and explore. I saw her as an almost Lara Croft type of person. Dual pistols and all ^^
And last but not least my engineer Eudarynn of Noon. Act first think later which almost always gets him into trouble. Lucky Iio is almost always there to get him out of it..

‘Some must fight so that all may be free.’ Iiommar – Guardian. Aurora Glade.

in Sylvari

Posted by: CrystalEyes.6810

CrystalEyes.6810

My sylvari is a mesmer and she is super tall I guess you could say that she could reach for the stars or the moon ;3 I named her Rachel Moonstar so I thought it would be a good touch for her to be born in the night cycle. I just loved how sylvari glowed at night also so that made me want to pick night cycle even more.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My main (Thief) is Night. Gray skin, dark red hair, orange eyes, dark blue glow.
Why? Those are my favorite colors and I prefer the night time. The whole concept matches well.

My Necro is Dusk. Darker gray skin, red glow, black hair.
and Ranger is Dawn. White skin and light blue for glow, spikes, and eyes.

They are all ‘Winter.’

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

My Sylvari is a Dawn bloom. She’s also a Necromancer. She’s frequently puzzled as to why people don’t like talking to her when she’s tailed by a gaggle of rotting flesh/bone followers. XD

in Sylvari

Posted by: Laurelinde.4395

Laurelinde.4395

My ranger is dawn cycle. Pre-launch I was dithering, as I am wont to do, between dawn and dusk. Getting linked to ‘Fear Not This Night’ clinched it for me to go dawn.

Laurelinde & Cookie/Beorna Bearheart
[TWG] – Gunnar’s Hold
Always remember Wheaton’s Law

in Sylvari

Posted by: smeen.4237

smeen.4237

My mesmer is Night Cycle. She has quite a dark colour pattern, and I like secretive loners somehow. I do imagine her to be quite forceful sometimes though, I’m not sure if that fits her cycle or not.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

Night for both my Necro and Mesmer!

\||||||/
O°v°O

in Sylvari

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Definitely the cycle of noon for my sword-swinging, front-lines-wading, backstab-blocking, heartseeker-evading sylvari mesmer. ;p

The Cycle of Noon refers to those born between 6 a.m. and noon. Those born at this time are fighters, skilled combatants who prefer actions over words. They prefer to experience things firsthand and attack problems head-on. Niamh is their Luminary, the leader of the Wardens and a bold warrior.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE