Which Cultural Armors Glow?

in Sylvari

Posted by: LkPr.5014

LkPr.5014

I am about to start putting my armour sets together and I am wondering which Medium Female Cultural Armours glow and which pieces exactly (I have a Sylvari Ranger)?

Also, can you change the colour of the glow? (for example, if my armour is Red can the glow be white?)

Lileath – Day 1 Ranger
Koravin – Guardian
Stormbluff Isle representing GAF

in Sylvari

Posted by: Cherubino XV.2384

Cherubino XV.2384

well at least for the male:

*mediums the T3 does glow and yes you can choose the color of the glow usually the 2nd color
*the legs of the male t2 medium the 2nd and 3rd color do glow but a bit less than t3 pieces.

Some colors especially the lighter ones like ….. ice (like olive ice) and …… breeze( like citrus breeze) and pastel…. (like pastel violet) tend to glow more than others colors.

If you put a color too dark on you armor and preview the culltural you will not see the glow.

T1 parts and the rest of T2 do not seem to glow.
Anyway trying out pieces not cultural with cultural on and putting the same colors, the cultural pieces tend to darken less under shadow or during the night.
So it does slightly glow but a lot less than the t3 glowing parts.

Edit: i didn’t remember to tell it, but the T3 gloves do not glow like the other parts of T3

(edited by Cherubino XV.2384)

in Sylvari

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

The medium t3 set glows. The only part that doesn’t glow very brightly are the gloves, but everything else glows well. The color of the glow depends a little on your character’s skin color, AND the color you dye the armor. The armor gives off the illusion that it’s growing out of your sylvari’s body, so the stems that connect the armor to your body will glow the color of your skin. The armor itself will glow whatever color you dye it.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Amria.2461

Amria.2461

Does any of the cultural light armor glow on males?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Cherubino XV.2384

Cherubino XV.2384

After a try i can confirm that the male T1 medium chest does glow around the arms and around the chest.
For light armor my ele is a Charr so i can’t try it, but from the preview on my engie i don’t see any strong glow in any of the light ones.
Probably it will be more like the other parts of the cultural mediums that all seems to have a really soft glow( when dyed with light colors) and tend to darken less in dark areas and during the night compared to more conventional leather/cloth.
Still with light armor you have a lot of skin exposed.