can sylvari feel cold or not?

in Sylvari

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

im confused

just was in the grove lisent to a dialouqe about a sylvaris favorite place lions arc and er least favorite place was holebrak …bcs it was so cold there

then i meet explorer Syllia who happens to be a Sylvari too and she tell me cold dont effect Sylvari

so what is it ?

in Sylvari

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

As far as I know Sylvari can neither feel heat nor cold. That doesn’t mean that they’re not affected by cold. So cold areas could be even more dangerous for Sylvari since they don’t feel when they go hypothermic.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Plants that grow in warm wet climates (e.g. Caledon forest) don’t have adaptions that let then deal with sub zero temperatures, or desert conditions.

I’d expect Sylvari would be killed by freezing, and they could die of dehydration.

in Sylvari

Posted by: MrContrary.1264

MrContrary.1264

Sylvari experience heat and cold, but not with the same intensity that humans do. They have a higher threshold, but they’re not immune.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Athrenn.9468

Athrenn.9468

They don’t bleed either. I’m not actually sure how sylvari physiology works, but it sounds as if they’re basically animated plant-based golems.

Side note, the sylvari race reminds me of the warforged from D&D Eberron:
Living golems composed of organic materials
Gained sentience by accident
Struggling to find their place amongst the other races

in Sylvari

Posted by: insaneshadow.1654

insaneshadow.1654

In the Grove a Sylvari woman and Sylvari man are talking about her travels and she talks about how Hoelbrak is her least favorite place because of how cold it was.

Gust Root | Letum Folium | Lo Bridge | Snow Spot | Roland East | Nascharr | Bjorn Microbrew
Yak’s Bend
Lincoln Force [BOMB]

in Sylvari

Posted by: Yiska.8376

Yiska.8376

They don’t bleed either. I’m not actually sure how sylvari physiology works, but it sounds as if they’re basically animated plant-based golems.

Side note, the sylvari race reminds me of the warforged from D&D Eberron:
Living golems composed of organic materials
Gained sentience by accident
Struggling to find their place amongst the other races

They bleed.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Killeen

She was injured in the book Ghosts of Ascalon, and it is described as a golden sap-like substance oozing from her wound.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

I also encountered a Sylvari claiming she was unaffected by the cold, in the Priory Monastery in Snowden Drifts. I found this quite odd, but Sylvari walking through the Sviverpeaks barefoot and with only their plant armor to protect them aren’t uncommon. It probably affects them to a degree, not as much as humans or asura but they’re not as resistant as Norn.

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

in Sylvari

Wanderer.3248

A plant that loses sap through a cut is said to be bleeding. And harvesting sap by cutting a plant is described as bleeding it.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Alkonium.9164

Alkonium.9164

The female Sylvari PC will scream when she’s on fire, so I’m pretty sure they feel extreme temperatures.

in Sylvari

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Sylvari can grow their own armor, correct? Perhaps when affronted by colder climates, they will grow more protective skin. The traveling Sylvari probably had time to adjust to the climate change, while the one in the Grove immediately stepped through the gate. Think about it: firs and pine oaks have thin, prickly, and hardy texture to protect themselves from the cold air. Tropical fauna are designed to lose excessive water.

in Sylvari

Wanderer.3248

Cold (and dry) adapted trees don’t have different bark. It’s the type of sap, the size of the capillaries and the type of leaves (plus the ability to shed leaves) that change.