new hairs and faces

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Oidmetala.8426

Oidmetala.8426

hi, i am asking because actually i dont like the look of my female sylvari any more :/
if i compare them to my other chars they just look really bad
i tryed much to make them look better, but at least i dont find a good looking face and hair for me…

the last patches brought some new faces and hairstyles,
but i am not happy about any one of them.
its not because they are all totaly ugly, i just dont like them.

so i ask, will there be more good looking hairs and faces in the future, because actually i am getting bored about playing my 2 sylvaris.

well, heres some pictures i found which still looks like sylvaris and how i really would like to heave the face and hairs.
at least one long hair style and a face looking “a bit” like a elve and not totaly like trees would be nice to heave (maybe the face of the pale tree :P)

so please anet add something like this in the future :/

Attachments:

Team Erotic Solitude Legends [ESL]
Spirit Ranger Yilvina Darnus
Bunker Guardian Morwenna Darnus

(edited by Oidmetala.8426)

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Markleon.2396

Markleon.2396

Yeah i am totally agree with Oidmetala!
Pls do it anet
+++1

Thief | Giulíetta Del Léon
Warrior | Giuliettá Del Léon
Ele | Kháleesi Léon

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ragnar.3916

Ragnar.3916

the most of this artworks looks rly good.
i would rly love to see something like this hairs and some of the
faces ingame
be able to choose the same face like the pale tree would be also rly nice and i think it should be not as hard to do, because its a existing face in this game.

at least i rly like this 3 pictures most,
i would only play sylvaris if i can give my sylvari one of this hairs and
face.^^

Attachments:

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I understand how you guys feel and you are very welcome to your opinion- but for me, if Sylvari’s looked like that, I would never play them.

I have 5 Sylvari’s now- and I love the fact that they are NOT elves

As for the Pale Tree- it would make absolutely no sense to make that look available as she is a unique being- she is not even a Sylvari as we understand the term.

Gunnar’s Hold

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Ragnar.3916

ye morrigan, but i think oidmetala is asking for 1 or 2 new face and hair styles
looks like on this pictures.
so the ppls are happy with old sylvaris can still be happy :P

i also would prefer one long hair style like on the 3 pictures i picked out, because i also dont like the new hairs from the last patch.
and the most faces of this pictures still looks like sylvari for me.
the 2. picture i picked out is the face we can pick allrdy but with rly nice hairs^^

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Levis.6137

Levis.6137

Well i rlly like some of the looks. would be great to have some new good sylvari hairstyles

General Kayun
Riverside [DE]

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Acharyn.4738

Acharyn.4738

hi im asking because actually i dont like the look of my female sylvari any more :/
if i compare them to my other chars they look just rly bad and i tryed rly much to make them look better…

the last patches brought some new faces and hairstyles,
but im rly not happy about any one of them.
its not because they are all totaly ugly, i just dont like them.

so i ask, will there be more good looking hairs and faces in the future, because actually im rly bored about playing my 2 sylvaris.
at the moment i rerolled on asura and lvl up a new ranger…, shame on me :P

well, heres some pictures i found which still looks like sylvaris and how i rly would like to heave the face and hairs.
at least one long hair style and a face looking “a bit” like a elve and not totaly like trees would be nice to heave (maybe the face of the pale tree :P)

so please anet add something like this in the future :/

I will neither finish reading your post nor take your seriously when you type ‘lyk dat’.

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Oidmetala.8426

@Acharyn
i dont know what you whant to say, but i think it is something like this.
“you cant take me seriously because you like how the sylvaris look at the moment and so its good because you can be happy with this”

so ok, im fine with the existing sylvari faces and hairs, i dont whant a change.

i just ask or please anet
that there will be in future 1 or 2 new faces and hairs look like some of this artworks i found. (for example the 3 of Ragnars post, looks still like sylvaris but looks rly good!)

for me the sylvaris are at the moment really dragon minions like a post in this
forum sayed.
if you try to create a sylvari it leads 80% to zombie looks and 20% to
a bit good looking female sylvaris. (thats just my mind about that)

if the most ppls like that im fine with that,
i just ask for a long hair style and a bit better looking face (if there will come more in the future)

picture 1 dragon minions.
picture 2 the closest way for me how i get my sylvari look ok

Attachments:

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Heraldusluminare.2946

Heraldusluminare.2946

Long hairstyles with flowers in them would be REALLY nice. Just sayin’. ;D

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Surreal.5243

Surreal.5243

Give us hairstyles!

Read it Backwards [BooN]

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Acharyn.4738

Acharyn.4738

@Acharyn
“you cant take me seriously because you like how the sylvaris look at the moment and so its good because you can be happy with this”

so ok, im fine with the existing sylvari faces and hairs, i dont whant a change.

that there will be in future 1 or 2 new faces and hairs look like some of this artworks i found. (for example the 3 of Ragnars post, looks still like sylvaris but looks rly good!)

forum sayed.

i just ask for a long hair style and a bit better looking face (if there will come more in the future)

No, I can’t take you seriously because…

“whant”, “rly”, “sayed”, “ppls”, “im”

English isn’t your first language, is it? Also, “Sylvari” is the plural. Not “sylvaris”. Try looking up how to use apostrophes.

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Oidmetala.8426

oh my god…, thank you to send me useful peoples like acharyn.

yes english is not my main language as you see,
thanks for your post, but i dont ask here for english lessons,
especially not from you.

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

@Acharyn

forum sayed.

No, I can’t take you seriously because…

“whant”, “rly”, “sayed”, “ppls”, “im”

English isn’t your first language, is it? Also, “Sylvari” is the plural. Not “sylvaris”. Try looking up how to use apostrophes.

It’s a forum, not an English classroom. Even if words were intentionally spelled incorrectly, the OP still got their point across. They didn’t butcher the post making it unreadable and English isn’t their first language. No need to be so irate for no reason.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Murke.7193

Murke.7193

Oidmetala, the face you’ve chosen is the exact face in some of the artworks you’ve used as examples.

In the 2nd row, the 4th, 5th and 6th paintings are of that face. As well as a couple in the bottom 2 rows.

Although from these it really seems like you want more humanoid faces which Anet seems to actually be moving away from. (Which I personally am happy with but, different strokes for different folks and all) So I worry you may be out of luck.

Also I would like to say thank you as the 2nd picture in the 2nd row is an old piece of mine and I am glad you like it enough to repost. But it’s usually nice to give links back to where you find art.

And Ragnar, you’re in luck if you want those faces, as 2 of the 3 pictures you’ve reposted are an actual in game face.

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Oidmetala.8426

thanks RedSpectrum

@Murke
sorry for dont link your artwork :/
yes, i really like it, you did a great job on it

for the faces,
i know the face from some pictures is allready in the game and thats also the only one i am fine with actually.
but i would really prefer a long hair style for this one, like from your picture or from ragnars post for example, because i dont find any good looking hair for it at the moment.

and at least one more humanoid face wich still looks like a sylvar like from ragnars 3. picture. it looks simmular to the face actually exist but a bit better.
but there im maybe really out of luck :/

thats my sylvari atm, im happy with this face (its the only one i like)
but i think this face with some hairs from the artworks would look so amazing.

Attachments:

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Murke.7193

Murke.7193

Actually it’s more I want to find some of the other artists’ work you’ve posted. A lot of those I’ve seen and love, but for a few of those I’d like to see the original post.

But yea, I personally would love more long hair too, I adore the fern hairstyle and keep having to tell myself I can’t have 3 sylvari with the same hair. It doesn’t fit their characters no matter how pretty it is.

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Oidmetala.8426

i can pm you some of them if you want

i found a good hairstyle ingame,
but sad its just the cook´s hat :P

Attachments:

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Ragnar.3916

And Ragnar, you’re in luck if you want those faces, as 2 of the 3 pictures you’ve reposted are an actual in game face.

yes, but i don’t get this face look good like on the pictures
i like the face and hairs from the first picture i picked out most.
but one of this two hairstyles would look so good on my sylvari^^

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: TheRiverBlues.2607

TheRiverBlues.2607

You be surprised how creative you can get with Sylvari haircuts. I would personally would love to see short vine dreads on my sylvari.

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

@Acharyn

forum sayed.

There’s nothing supporting the theory of sylvari being racial-wide dragon minions, but there are things that support that they are not dragon minions. Malyck, for example. Among other things that I really don’t want to get into because goodness knows we don’t need another “sylvari are dragon minions” thread.

Your first image looks like over half those faces are cranked out with some of the most unflattering slider settings I’ve seen. Those faces normally look much better than that, and I don’t even play female sylvari, only male. I see a lot of leafy ladies. The image even repeats the same faces with different slider settings multiple times.

Your second image was done by this artist, btw, just to get some sources up in here: http://magicnaanavi.deviantart.com/art/Sylvari-304895546

It sounds like you want a very humanoid face, but the point is that they are plants in the shape of humans, not humans that look a bit leafy. There are already a few faces that are so human they make me stop and puzzle at how on earth this thing is a plant mashed into a people shape (hello Caithe).

I don’t want to begrudge you your interests or try to say “no not allowed” or anything like that, but they’re stated to be a certain way. In my eyes it’s kinda like wanting a more neko-like charr, I guess. (yeah, harhar, Rox).

Regarding your sylvari, trying to make it look like that image. It’s possible to get closer even without changing her coloring like I did, I used your face. You could get the stripes on forehead effect with one of the gem store facepaint masks, probably.

Attachments:

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Oidmetala.8426

all sliders was in midle when i made this screenshots about the more ugly looking sylvaris,
so i dont tried to make them extra ugly on this pictures, i just used random faces with random hairs :P

i like the face i have at the moment, but i can’t find hairs look really good with it on my ranger.
maybe just one or two long hair styles would be enough for me to like my sylvari again.

at least i just asked for some kind of long hairs and maybe an other more human/elv looking face.
anyways i main a asura at the momen :/

i also dont think sylvaris are dragon minions, they just can look like this :P

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

mmm
since I play mostly Sylvari and do not have a single “elven” looking one among them I set out to make one for my second Ranger.
I was thinking more Navi than elf I admit but this is what I came up with

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Ilium.3160

Ilium.3160

I took some screenshots of my Sylvari with one of the new faces from the makeover kit. I think it looks somewhat elf-like, especially with the ears.
Unfortunately all of the long hair styles that I have seen all look like branches, which doesn’t appeal to me.
Keep in mind that my clothing is not elvish in appearance and I prefer to dye my Sylvari’s eyes black. Also, I was glowing at the time I took these.

Attachments:

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Blur.3465

Blur.3465

Of all the races I find the most variety in Sylvari creation, and I hope it expands more and more.
What I would particularly like to see is some rather long hairstyle which is like grass (for males), and long hairstyle with flowers-moss (for females).
Here’s my Sylvari necromancer with new hairstyle.

To OP: It would be AMAZING to see these hairstyles in game!

Attachments:

Feanor

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Fifth picture from the top left isn’t Guild Wars 2 art.

It’s an artwork for Ettriel, the Dryad of Brokilon from The Witcher, first game.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

My issue with the new sylvari faces is they look identical to the human-esque one from the last make-over update. I mean I can hardly tell the difference…if you’re not going to do something well don’t bother doing it at all I think. If what Ilium says is true and that’s what one of the three new faces (which themselves look like clones of each other) then I see no difference between that and my current sylvari<- with face options pre-this patch.

Regarding the earlier posts-that’s when the sylvari were envisioned to be more elf/mystical-like. Many people thought it looked cool…but for w/e reason ANet ditched that theme and went with crusty tree barks…we can hope though.

Attachments:

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Oidmetala.8426

the 3 new faces are just a reskin,
but i like them, so i will choose one of them.
good work here

new hairs and faces

in Sylvari

Posted by: Foosnark.1784

Foosnark.1784

Here’s my Sylvari necromancer with new hairstyle.

Nicely done!

I’m quite happy with my remade Sylvari look, but currently posting from work so I can’t share the screenshot.