Posted by: Denial Of Service.5732

Denial Of Service.5732

Congratz BG

can we nerf it now?

120-130 people in VoIP to kill Tequatl

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Wait a week for a general strategy to form and for people to understand the fight. If it’s still too “hard” at that point, then consider nerfing it.

People thought AC and CoF were too hard and begged for nerfs. Didn’t happen, still turned out easy/farmable by the general population.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

(edited by Christos de Soufre.3802)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

The more players the content involves, the more forgiving it must be for mistakes. Solo content like Liadri can be 0% forgiving becouse it relies only on one person. Then you have 5-man content and then you have mega-zergs like Tequatl. So he must be much more forgiving than potentially “hard” content in AC or CoF. Is he? I dont know, I shall wait a week or two and see. But if by the end of this month Tequatl will be either A: still to hard to majority of servers or B: not worth the time in terms of effort to reward (thus making it a ghost town), something will need to be changed. For the limited time now, let all the “world first” guys have a shot at it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

Wait a week for a general strategy to form and for people to understand the fight. If it’s still too “hard” at that point, then consider nerfing it.

People thought AC and CoF were too hard and begged for nerfs. Didn’t happen, still turned out easy/farmable by the general population.

Gonna burst your bubble on this one here. The path people were complaining about in CoF did get nerfed. There are only 3 torches now not 5.

Also AC was never hard in my opinion…..

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Caveth.3268

Caveth.3268

Dungeons have infinite time, allowing you to explain to the others what to do; tequatl gives 15 minutes to organize 100 people, many of which won’t listen to or care about what a commander says.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Malevo.1806

Malevo.1806

I really wish they hadn’t beaten him. Seriously, now the metric for this is incredibly difficult not impossible to ANet. The thing is to the average open world zerg this is impossible.

It’s not just about getting out of a zerg mentality, it’s that several parts of this encounter are critical failure points.

1st: The turrets. 6 people essentially control your fate in phase 1. If they are not chain cleansing the zerg DPSing and buff the zerg DPSing.

2nd. His Mechanics render certain classes/builds useless. As a ranger I rely on my pet for a good portion of my damage. Too bad my pet gets 1-2 shot by Tequatl. People in Berserker’s gear have 2/3 of their stats being useless while DPSing him. Get Soldiers gear you say? Why should anyone have to spend 10-12g just to fight one boss when the chance of success does not hinge on that one person alone.

3rd. Coordination. They killed Tequatl by using communication from a program outside the game. Last time I checked, the game is supposed to be balanced around the content in the game, not 3rd party applications. Saying people need to use TS to communicate to beat content is bad content design. Just because this is a requirement for WoW does not mean it should be a requirement for open world content.

That’s enough of my rant, and I hope I get proven wrong by people banding together to uniformly defeat this epic encounter by the power of friendship and love! That’s not going to happen. The community is rapidly getting polarized and unless SOMETHING is done about polarizing the community you will get a content gradient in which certain servers are the servers to defeat the hard content, and other servers are ghost towns, just like WoW.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

Dungeons allow a nigh-infinite time to prepare a small group of hand-picked players.

Tequatl allows 15 minutes to organize 100+ people, half of which won’t listen and the other half of which will be inadequately leveled or geared, into a tight fighting group that never goes AFK and never Dies without WPing out and running back.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

The thing is to the average open world zerg this is impossible.

Why should everything in the game be doable by the “average open world zerg”?

One – Piken Square

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: dcypher.2590

dcypher.2590

I really wish they hadn’t beaten him. Seriously, now the metric for this is incredibly difficult not impossible to ANet. The thing is to the average open world zerg this is impossible.

It’s not just about getting out of a zerg mentality, it’s that several parts of this encounter are critical failure points.

1st: The turrets. 6 people essentially control your fate in phase 1. If they are not chain cleansing the zerg DPSing and buff the zerg DPSing.

2nd. His Mechanics render certain classes/builds useless. As a ranger I rely on my pet for a good portion of my damage. Too bad my pet gets 1-2 shot by Tequatl. People in Berserker’s gear have 2/3 of their stats being useless while DPSing him. Get Soldiers gear you say? Why should anyone have to spend 10-12g just to fight one boss when the chance of success does not hinge on that one person alone.

3rd. Coordination. They killed Tequatl by using communication from a program outside the game. Last time I checked, the game is supposed to be balanced around the content in the game, not 3rd party applications. Saying people need to use TS to communicate to beat content is bad content design. Just because this is a requirement for WoW does not mean it should be a requirement for open world content.

That’s enough of my rant, and I hope I get proven wrong by people banding together to uniformly defeat this epic encounter by the power of friendship and love! That’s not going to happen. The community is rapidly getting polarized and unless SOMETHING is done about polarizing the community you will get a content gradient in which certain servers are the servers to defeat the hard content, and other servers are ghost towns, just like WoW.

come on at least in wow they put their hard bosses in an instance for organized groups and their world bosses are do-able by any pick up group and don’t even need to be in a raid group anymore. The funny thing is, I feel wow assembled that system because of GW2, and then GW2 took the raid boss system and decided to present it to more than just organized groups, but to casuals as well. On the plus side I believe this will ultimately show raids will happen in GW2, because putting a crazy hard boss in a leveling zone (65?) and having casuals crucified for being around is going to have a negative effect.

in Tequatl Rising

RvLeshrac.2673

It shouldn’t be. But content they expect to be completed IN THE OPEN WORLD must be.

If the content isn’t expected to be completed by the “open world zerg,” they need to place it in a guild-only instance, where it isn’t accessible by open-world players.

in Tequatl Rising

Tom Gore.4035

It shouldn’t be. But content they expect to be completed IN THE OPEN WORLD must be.

If the content isn’t expected to be completed by the “open world zerg,” they need to place it in a guild-only instance, where it isn’t accessible by open-world players.

Guild missions are also completed in the open world, and zergballs regularly fail them too.

Also, it has been 12 hours since the update and you’ve already doomed this as impossible?

Do you give up on everything in your life after the first try?

One – Piken Square

in Tequatl Rising

Malevo.1806

Because that is where this content exists. It exists in open world. You don’t chose who you interact with in the open world. You can’t say, hey I only want the people that know how to do this fight to participate. You don’t get that choice in 99% of scenarios. That is what Open World Content is balanced around, complete strangers coming together to defeat an epic encounter. At this point, until otherwise proven wrong you cannot do this with strangers, people that do this must know the encounter and mechanics intimately everytime. That simply is not possible to get the ideal circumstances in some servers.

I love how you picked out one phrase from my comment and said something about that one sentence. Zerg is a MMO term for a large group of people. Guess what, BG was a zerg too. A well Coordinated Zerg but still a zerg. What separates them from the average zerg is the requirement to communicate to each other via TS. See, if you would have read my post instead of picking one sentence out you would see that this has the potential to be a huge problem.

in Tequatl Rising

Malevo.1806

Guild missions are also completed in the open world, and zergballs regularly fail them too.

Also, it has been 12 hours since the update and you’ve already doomed this as impossible?

I’ve tried it 7 times on my server today, all the same result btw.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

One can have more than 15 minutes to organize for Teq…

Show up early. People already seem to be doing so.

in Tequatl Rising

Tom Gore.4035

Try harder, get organized.

Or hey, just give up and whine on the forums. Your choice, really.

One – Piken Square

in Tequatl Rising

RvLeshrac.2673

It isn’t impossible because there’s some magic secret that has yet to be discovered. It is impossible because there are variables you cannot control. You cannot force an AFK turret user to disconnect. You cannot force someone to not spam ‘1’ on a turret. You cannot force someone who isn’t a high enough level or who has horrible gear to leave the instance.

We know the mechanics required to win. Most of us are capable of executing on them.

NONE of that matters if, out of a group of 100+ players, it only takes two to fail the entire event.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Once people learn the optimum strategy and standing in a specific location becomes well known, it will be doable by an open world zerg. People died time and time again for the other world bosses until a bunch of people figured out standing in a certain location removed all danger and you could AFK the fight. Tequatl is still a little harder than that (and to a lesser extent so is Jormag) but eventually I suspect the average group will be able to do it.

in Tequatl Rising

Malevo.1806

Last time I checked having a reasonable, intelligent argument isn’t whining.

in Tequatl Rising

Tom Gore.4035

Once people learn the optimum strategy and standing in a specific location becomes well known, it will be doable by an open world zerg. People died time and time again for the other world bosses until a bunch of people figured out standing in a certain location removed all danger and you could AFK the fight. Tequatl is still a little harder than that (and to a lesser extent so is Jormag) but eventually I suspect the average group will be able to do it.

I also believe this. And if they don’t they will give up and this event will be left to organized groups, such as large guilds. They will announce that they will do Tequatl on whatever time and people will flock to them and listen to their advice.

I sincerely, really hope ANet does not nerf this.

One – Piken Square

in Tequatl Rising

Tom Gore.4035

Coming to complain about an event being too hard after 12 hours it has been released is not reasonable. I could also argue about it’s intelligence.

One – Piken Square

in Tequatl Rising

Malevo.1806

Coming to complain about an event being too hard after 12 hours it has been released is not reasonable. I could also argue about it’s intelligence.

Patch was released at about 9am, so it’s actually been 14 hrs. All you have been doing is telling people to get better without even considering the encounter may be overtuned or thinking about what encounters like this do to the player base. This back and forth is exactly what I’m talking about for polarizing the player base. I don’t even know you and we have two incredibly conflicting views about content that is supposed to be enjoyable for everyone playing it. For me it’s not enjoyable because of how insanely overtuned it is (to me at least) and for you it’s not enjoyable because of everyone complaining about it.

I understand, believe me. That being said, this content does need to exist in the game, just not in open world. People are afraid that challenging content will be removed from the game if people complain. I enjoy challenging content, but not when the success against that content is pivotal on people who could care less about the challenge, or could care less about optimizing their dps/strategies to defeat the content..

in Tequatl Rising

Denial Of Service.5732

Coming and telling people to uninstall because they have a legitimate concern isnt reasonable either.

If you need to organize 100+ people before the event and all be together there 1h prior to event so everyone can hug their spot in the server and not be transfered to an overflow, get a 3rd party app for a better communication and of course everyone knows what to do, how to do it, be geared and no one trolling or akitteng in turrets then its a Raid but with harder REQ.

guess what Tom i bet you have not defeated tequ, and guess what, yo wont if this keeps going like this, for your fantasy about killing tequ let me remind you that BG players hugged their spot in the server until they all got along, everyone downloaded a 3rd party app for a VoIP got their roles defined and were commanded properly.

how many times can you replicate that?

1-2 people can fail the event for over 100+ so, please get some logic in your tiny mind.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: NickChabby.8907

NickChabby.8907

To trivialize the concerns to simple “complaints about it being hard” isn’t any better though.

As far as I’ve read both on here and reddit, people aren’t concerned about the mechanics of the fight, which are so far the most interesting the game has offered yet.
Nothing is perfect and I’m sure Tequatl can still be improved.

The players are mostly worried about the amount of organization and precise communication that need to be done in order to win this fight. 15 minutes isn’t a lot and there isn’t much place to mistakes… Try organizing a gigantic 100+ players group and make them listen to you in the open world. Granted, most of us are experienced players, but throw in there a bunch of new players who just want to join the fun and it can result in an automatic failure (and blames toward them). You don’t have a wide range of mistakes allowed when it comes to turrent and a simple player not knowing what he does or going AFK can result in an automatic failure.

The difficulty should come from the game itself, not from possible outcomes of players’ attitudes.

It just asks for too much for what many servers can actually offer. Yes, maybe it’s been out for 12-14 hours only, but we have 20 servers on two continents with thousand of players in each of them who tried more than once. Yet, only one server managed to do it and by using a third party tool: Team Speak, and because the playerbase was willing to listen to everything without discussion, mostly because of the reputation of the ones commanding everything (WWW). There is definitely something wrong.

(edited by NickChabby.8907)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

There is definitely something wrong.

Yeah. The players who need to L2P.

The content is great. I don’t want it nerfed in the slightest.

in Tequatl Rising

Malevo.1806

There is definitely something wrong.

Yeah. The players who need to L2P.

The content is great. I don’t want it nerfed in the slightest.

So you’re argument is I like this so please don’t touch it, and other people must suck because they can’t complete it? No other inputs there?

in Tequatl Rising

chemiclord.3978

So you’re argument is I like this so please don’t touch it, and other people must suck because they can’t complete it? No other inputs there?

There really isn’t much to add that hasn’t been added already.

You either like the challenge or you don’t. I, for one, LIKE the addition of difficult content. The failure rate and rewards (or lack thereof) don’t bother me at all. I want this content to stay because of that.

So, yeah, hearing people stomping and pitching a fit on the forums not even one day in about how its “impossible” and “too hard” makes me snarl. You don’t like it? Don’t do it… leave the spot open in Sparkfly for me.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

If this boss were in an instance it would be fantastic, the game needs more boss fights like this.

However, this is an open world boss. If it takes 100+ people using voice chat, a specific set of gear, potions, food, to barely beat the boss… then yeah that’s terrible balancing.

Unless of course he is only meant to be killed by guilds with 100+ members communicating with each other, then what is the point of it being a world boss?

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Denial Of Service.5732

You either like the challenge or you don’t. I, for one, LIKE the addition of difficult content. The failure rate and rewards (or lack thereof) don’t bother me at all. I want this content to stay because of that.

So, yeah, hearing people stomping and pitching a fit on the forums not even one day in about how its “impossible” and “too hard” makes me snarl. You don’t like it? Don’t do it… leave the spot open in Sparkfly for me.

the problem with your logic is that you wont be able to complete it either and therefore i bet you wont even try it after a week or two because “theres no point” or “time wasting”.

the problem with your logic is that its undoable in any overflow because guess what people are not that organized as you think, so you either land in a main server or say goodbye about defeating Tequatl.

and i do like hardcore content im a proud owner of Liadri mini and Tribu sab skin so… am i Elite enough for you now?

(edited by Denial Of Service.5732)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

I just wish they would stop with these friggin zerg crap.

Should be like 40 people tops.

in Tequatl Rising

Malevo.1806

The thing is I enjoy hard content too, but not when beating that content is based off of so many people also enjoying the content and also being good at the content. It also bothers me that so much relies on just 6 people, people that could just be jumping in the cannon for the achievement, or spamming 1 on the boss.

I hope I’m wrong, I hope we do learn how to do the encounter, but at this point my concerns are still valid about the legitimacy of the ability to do this content just using whats available in the game. I will continue to bash my head into a wall, but unlike you I won’t be enjoying it.

in Tequatl Rising

chemiclord.3978

the problem with your logic is that you wont be able to complete it either and therefore i bet you wont even try it after a week of too because “theres no point” or “time wasting”.

the problem with your logic is that its undoable in any overflow because guess what people are not that organized as you think, so you either land in a main server or say goodbye about defeating Tequatl.

and i do like hardcore content im a proud owner of Liadri mini and Tribu sab skin so… am i Elite enough for you now?

We’ll see. I think you underestimate the number of people in this game who like difficult content. I’m willing to take that chance. If you think it’s too hard, don’t go to Sparkfly when you see the warning pop up.

And I’m glad for you. I really didn’t have the time for Liadri and never liked SAB to begin with. I didn’t demand either be nerfed or removed though. Just wasn’t my cup o’ tea.

This is, and I want to keep it that way.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

My predictions:

1. (12 hours – 2 days) Blackgate defeats Tequatl. Brief celebration by the game as a whole, for being the world first and showing that it can be done. Interest in the event is revitalized as everyone attempts to be the second server to defeat Tequatl.

2. (Rest of event) Blackgate manages to defeat Tequatl a handful more times, but more often than not has issues with PUGS or cannot muster up enough DPS to defeat Tequatl. Due to Blackgate’s enormous influx of people from other servers during the event, this prevents them from mobilizing their server 90% of the time. Still, during this interim, 2-4 highly organized guild groups from other servers in the game take him down as well, to much fanfare.

3. (After event ends) Interest in Tequatl plummets as servers realize that Blackgate’s old level of coordination is impossible, due to lack of motivated players and an increase in player groups doing standard PvE content instead of joining in. Consequently, Blackgate’s occasional triumphs quickly die down, and tension between those attempting to complete Tequatl and newbies or other players questing in the zone grows. Much influx on the forums directed at bashing newbies in the zone, leading to general flame wars. ArenaNet introduces several bugfixes to Tequatl, in addition to adding an AFK timer on the turrets. This does not stop trolls from messing up the fight on occasion.

4. (Month after event ends) Tequatl is still considered one of the hardest bosses in the game, and virtually impossible to farm due to a combination of general PvErs subtracting from the available population able to fight, as well as an influx of “dedicated trollers” who make it a goal to AFK on the turrets or otherwise make the fight unwinnable. Despite ArenaNet’s attempts to patch this, they continue to find ways around it, up to and including simply not participating. There is an active push to let ArenaNet raise the population cap in the zone, or make Tequatl an instanced area for the same amount of people. ArenaNet declines to comment, instead cryptically saying that they are “looking into” ways to fix the fight.

5. (2 months and beyond) Tequatl is rarely attempted on any server, and even on Blackgate is usually ignored, with guilds on rare occasions challenging him (and usually failing). Apathy for the event grows, and even though the trolls leave due to minimal interest in the event, they are still often brought up as a reason why the event shouldn’t be attempted. From this point onwards, Tequatl is thought of as a broken, subpar world boss. ArenaNet’s cryptic comments about “looking into it” break the fight further, or are never delivered at all. From this point onwards, Tequatl is used primarily as a “prestige boss” who up-and-coming “elite” guilds from all servers challenge to show how good they are to YouTube. Despite their best intentions and accomplishments, the guild attempts are met by the populace with a shrug, a groan, and inane arguments in LA about what constitutes being a tryhard.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

in Tequatl Rising

Malevo.1806

My predictions:

1. (12 hours – 2 days) Blackgate defeats Tequatl. Brief celebration by the game as a whole, for being the world first and showing that it can be done. Interest in the event is revitalized as everyone attempts to be the second server to defeat Tequatl.

2. (Rest of event) Blackgate manages to defeat Tequatl a handful more times, but more often than not has issues with PUGS or cannot muster up enough DPS to defeat Tequatl. Due to Blackgate’s enormous influx of people from other servers during the event, this prevents them from mobilizing their server 90% of the time. Still, during this interim, 2-4 highly organized guild groups from other servers in the game take him down as well, to much fanfare.

3. (After event ends) Interest in Tequatl plummets as servers realize that Blackgate’s old level of coordination is impossible, due to lack of motivated players and an increase in player groups doing standard PvE content instead of joining in. Consequently, Blackgate’s occasional triumphs quickly die down, and tension between those attempting to complete Tequatl and newbies or other players questing in the zone grows. Much influx on the forums directed at bashing newbies in the zone, leading to general flame wars. ArenaNet introduces several bugfixes to Tequatl, in addition to adding an AFK timer on the turrets. This does not stop trolls from messing up the fight on occasion.

4. (Month after event ends) Tequatl is still considered one of the hardest bosses in the game, and virtually impossible to farm due to a combination of general PvErs subtracting from the available population able to fight, as well as an influx of “dedicated trollers” who make it a goal to AFK on the turrets or otherwise make the fight unwinnable. Despite ArenaNet’s attempts to patch this, they continue to find ways around it, up to and including simply not participating. There is an active push to let ArenaNet raise the population cap in the zone, or make Tequatl an instanced area for the same amount of people. ArenaNet declines to comment, instead cryptically saying that they are “looking into” ways to fix the fight.

5. (2 months and beyond) Tequatl is rarely attempted on any server, and even on Blackgate is usually ignored, with guilds on rare occasions challenging him (and usually failing). Apathy for the event grows, and even though the trolls leave due to minimal interest in the event, they are still often brought up as a reason why the event shouldn’t be attempted. From this point onwards, Tequatl is thought of as a broken, subpar world boss. ArenaNet’s cryptic comments about “looking into it” break the fight further, or are never delivered at all. From this point onwards, Tequatl is used primarily as a “prestige boss” who up-and-coming “elite” guilds from all servers challenge to show how good they are to YouTube. Despite their best intentions and accomplishments, the guild attempts are met by the populace with a shrug, a groan, and inane arguments in LA about what constitutes being a tryhard.

Ha, probably not far from reality.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

lol thats why I posted it, its clear and actually follows logic. Doesnt have any QQ just the logical path that things may go. I would love a counter version of this.

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

in Tequatl Rising

Denial Of Service.5732

the problem with your logic is that you wont be able to complete it either and therefore i bet you wont even try it after a week of too because “theres no point” or “time wasting”.

We’ll see. I think you underestimate the number of people in this game who like difficult content. I’m willing to take that chance. If you think it’s too hard, don’t go to Sparkfly when you see the warning pop up.

And I’m glad for you. I really didn’t have the time for Liadri and never liked SAB to begin with. I didn’t demand either be nerfed or removed though. Just wasn’t my cup o’ tea.

This is, and I want to keep it that way.

i did not understimated them in fact when i read that BG did it already i knew would happen because they have been trying WHOLE day, let me remind you that your spot in a server its just there until you port into another area or DC some people hugged their spot over 10+hrs until they defeated Tequ after many, many, MANY tries, this content is not challenging, the mechanics are pretty Meh besides 1shot headfish kills theres nothing challenging about this, just jump and 12345 tequ instead of auto afk1.

the challenging part is organizing a WHOLE map and may the 6 gods be on your side so you dont get anyone in turrets who are just there for achiev or just auto afk1 and use the buff on themselves instead of zerg.

you say you dont like to fail over and over, im a bit like that, but after the repair bills rack up and you feel you are wasting your time there because its going nowhere you will quit it just as everybody will.

FYI ive tried 8 times and just 80% and people yell at each other in map chat, everyone is a pro giving orders and everyone feels as pros because they know the basic stuff.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Watching the BG video, most of their DPS people DID’NT dodge the waves and stayed in the poison and went down multiple times. It was actually kinda sad that basically all it took to defeat him was 100+ people standing as close together as possible, and 6 competent people on the turrets that knew to hit Teq with 2 every time it was up and to cleanse/buff the zergball as much as possible. Oh and a few people to kill the risen around the turrets.

What they should do instead of “nerfing” Teq, is to cut his health by 1/2, make him do his Wave about twice as much in the first phase, increase the poison, whirlpools. Double/triple the amount of risen going after the turrets. Keep the defending of the megalazer and such(I really like how they added a new dimension to the boss fight). Basically what I’m saying is to increase the rate of his normal attacks making it harder to just stand and DPS him, while also decreasing his health to make it reasonable to be able to kill him while dodging/rezzing/killing risen.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stx.4857

Stx.4857

What they need to do is reduce the amount of strategy you need, and increase the amount of personal skill you need(dodging waves, not standing in AE, proper turret use, etc.)

This is a world boss, not a dungeon boss. If you have a 0% chance to down him without 120 people in voice communication, nobody will be attempting him.

2x 80 Necro, 80 Ranger, 80 Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

To the current average zerg it is. That is a good thing; the current average zerg is a horrendous blob. This will challenge people to adapt, and become actively engaged on an individual level.

Would you rather have more people control your fate? If so, it becomes less and less likely. Fewer people control your fate? Potentially even more disastrous.

Adapt. Experiment. Change your build. There are so many complaints throughout these forums on how berserkers is the only requisite gear, and the best. Now it isn’t. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes not. That is perfect. Variety and player choice. Why shouldn’t one have to use multiple sets of gear, depending on the situation? To require change requires player evolution, and hence, involvement.

The implication being that if a TS equivalent was provided in game, it would no longer be a problem for you. That’s just silly. Anyone can get TS already; it is highly available. Yet, truly, this isn’t relevant, as it isn’t “necessary.” The same can be achieved through methods in game – methods that require a great deal of coordination and organization, but valid methods nonetheless.

Requiring people to cooperate in order to receive rewards encourages them to cooperate. Not doing so polarizes and estranges. This is the solution you are asking for.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Alot of people didnt dodge the waves because either they couldnt see them(particles) or the lag was too bad. I toned down the graphic settings BIGTIME in order to get the wave achievement(lowest/lowest etc).
Not everyone in that ball was DPS. I was Mace/Shield guardian and was healing and tossing stablity up as much as I could. When I wasn’t doing that I was rezing like a madman.
It was nice to actually use my Toughness Mace/shield guardian for a change and not have to get on my zerker to do content.

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

We had general strategy and general understanding by the third fight. It helped a lot – it let us move from 5% damage inflicted to like 35%. Unfortunately,that still means the best we can hope for is to get to 50%. Unless, like in Blackgate, huge organized guilds will crowd out all the pugs. As a guild event, with TS, it is doable – as BG has proven. As an open world content, it is just not viable unless you manage to negate practically all elements that make it an open world content.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Had been zerking guild missions for a while now. It’s rare to fail them.
I normally never give up, but tough life has thought me that when you have some time to relax, relax instead of selecting an activity that will infuriate you. Failing Tequatl and yelling on the map chat to try and organize the cannoniers is not relaxing. It’s stressful. And this is that little bit of time that we get free. Even SAB Trib was more relaxing than this if you did it in a two man party, constantly changing who runs in front (that way only one of you dies and both of you can learn the path).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

Keep the difficulty as it is, but buff the reward to be on pair with the difficulty or Tequila will be fighting himself in the near future.

in Tequatl Rising

Tom Gore.4035

Had been zerking guild missions for a while now. It’s rare to fail them.
I normally never give up, but tough life has thought me that when you have some time to relax, relax instead of selecting an activity that will infuriate you. Failing Tequatl and yelling on the map chat to try and organize the cannoniers is not relaxing. It’s stressful. And this is that little bit of time that we get free. Even SAB Trib was more relaxing than this if you did it in a two man party, constantly changing who runs in front (that way only one of you dies and both of you can learn the path).

“For a while”, is a keyword here. I’m sure you failed the guild missions plenty of times when they came out.

If you find the new Tequatl stressful, don’t play it? Or at least wait a bit until people start to learn the mechanics.

One – Piken Square

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

guys, uhm.. unless if i’m mistaken… how long has the update been out? how long has the new and improved Tequatl graced us with their presence?

i urge you to give it some time. practice. most of those who completed it on BG did it multiple times, and each time they got closer and learned something new. and if in the long run, no one does it anymore. no other server ever gets close to beating it. then, maybe it’s time for a revision. maybe.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Tequatl Rising

Malevo.1806

Would you rather have more people control your fate? If so, it becomes less and less likely. Fewer people control your fate? Potentially even more disastrous.

Adapt. Experiment. Change your build. There are so many complaints throughout these forums on how berserkers is the only requisite gear, and the best. Now it isn’t. Sometimes it’s good, sometimes not. That is perfect. Variety and player choice. Why shouldn’t one have to use multiple sets of gear, depending on the situation? To require change requires player evolution, and hence, involvement.

The implication being that if a TS equivalent was provided in game, it would no longer be a problem for you. That’s just silly. Anyone can get TS already; it is highly available. Yet, truly, this isn’t relevant, as it isn’t “necessary.” The same can be achieved through methods in game – methods that require a great deal of coordination and organization, but valid methods nonetheless.

Requiring people to cooperate in order to receive rewards encourages them to cooperate. Not doing so polarizes and estranges. This is the solution you are asking for.

I’ll work from the bottom up on your comments.

Requiring people to cooperate to complete content only works if everyone that is trying to complete the content puts the same effort into completing it. That is not the case here. People can just show up at random, not know the boss mechanics and essentially be dead weight. The polarization comes from when this content is achievable on certain servers with a large base of skilled, competent people, and not achievable on other servers with a lower base of those people.

I am not implying that GW2 should have a TS like interface, I’m stating that the coordination granted from it is something beyond game parameters. You balance around game parameters not 3rd party things. Hypothetical situation here to illustrate: what if the game had mods. If content was only beatable through the interaction with supposed mods, then that would be unacceptable. 3rd party software should be able to facilitate completion, it should not be mandatory for completion. Until proven otherwise by another server that did not use this technique it appears to be mandatory (sample size is too small to come to an exact conclusion on this point though granted).

Adapting and Experimenting can only work at an individual level. Personally I run valk gear because that’s my 2nd set and honestly I could afford Soldiers but I don’t see a point to only using it for this one fight. A certain set of gear or spec should not be mandatory, it’s a world event, there is no way you can ensure people would do this to achieve the proper amount of effort put into the encounter.

I believe that yes more people should be able to use the turrets, or at least put some alternate mechanism into the encounter in which people can participate to help the entire zerg other than the turrets. I don’t know, slay a bloated creeper near Tequatl and the explosion damages him for a certain amount or give a group wide buff if you defend an objective for a certain period of time. The completion of phase 1 is hinged almost entirely on 6 competent turret operators.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

So challenge is relying on 100+ other people to be at the top of their game? Something that is completely and 100% outside of your own personal control?

I didn’t die once in my 4 attempts at him today. I used cannons, mashing that #2 button like a boss, I dpsed the boss, I killed fingers. I did everything I was supposed to do. We didn’t see him go below 85% hp.

So at the end of the day I guess we’re just looking at it wrong? The challenge comes from organizing 100+ people. Right? Right. So playing the game is just secondary.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

All I am going to say is I like the new Teq.

I like that it is an open world boss that is hard and requires co-ordination.

I like that it will take time to get a server organised and learn the fight- I have faith that this will happen because I still have hope that there are players who would like a challenge.

I like the fact that it defeats the mindless champ farm zerg.

I like tha,t as someone in a small guild, who has never had the opportunity to do a guild missions- I can still come to the fight and contribute by using my brain, following directions and using a little situational awareness.

Please before you all shout nerf, make it an instance or guild related- try and actually work together to achieve a goal.

Sincerely, a casual player

Gunnar’s Hold

in Tequatl Rising

Tom Gore.4035

So at the end of the day I guess we’re just looking at it wrong? The challenge comes from organizing 100+ people. Right? Right. So playing the game is just secondary.

This is an MMO. Organizing people is as much, if not more “playing the game” as mashing buttonz.

One – Piken Square

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

You mean COE…. No one thought CoF was ever “hard”.

And AC did get nerfed at first… remember? Spider Queen was originally as strong as she is again now. …maybe even a tad stronger. But after Beta, she got downtuned and so did all the Scavengers who used to have a Lunge that couldn’t be dodged (remember??).

The biggest issue I’m seeing with this event (when I took a look) … was yes, indeed, an amazing amount of downed/dead people… People who obviously wouldn’t last 2 seconds in a dungeon. I was runnin around in all Valk’s gear myself and didn’t die once so I dunno what their problems are. Just a LOT awful “Queensdale farm caliber” players, possibly with even crappier computers than mine, or no common sense when it comes to staying out of the way of Champs & AOE’s.

That said… the HP’s on this thing are just stupid. It doesn’t matter if BG beat it on the first day, it’s still an issue where SO MANY classes and builds are just completely excluded from even damaging the stupid thing consistently & safely. Especially berserkers and they probably don’t even realize it yet. Anet needs to do a polling really on how many people show up to this fight with pure PVT gear (b/c those are the only stats that make sense since critting doesn’t work) … then factor it’s overall HP to that ratio.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

That said… the HP’s on this thing are just stupid. It doesn’t matter if BG beat it on the first day, it’s still an issue where SO MANY classes and builds are just completely excluded from even damaging the stupid thing fast enough. Especially berserkers and they probably don’t even realize it yet. Anet needs to do a polling really on how many people show up to this fight with pure PVT gear (b/c those are the only stats that make sense since critting doesn’t work) … then factor it’s overall HP to that ratio.

Just because your build isn’t optimal for DPS on Tequatl does not mean it is useless. Condition builds are useful for killing the adds attacking the Turrets, for example. Critical Damage and Precision builds are also good for the same reasons.