2 Rares Per 25%

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dendail.4896

Dendail.4896

I love this fight I really do but I am afraid this fight will be a ghost town in a few weeks…
Maybe if we could get a guarantee 2 rares (chance for exotic) for each quarter of his life people will actually stick around & keep fighting him. It’ll be rewarding for those who actually put in the effort to down this boss.

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Scumbag Mawile.6384

Scumbag Mawile.6384

Maybe the facemashing mapchat whiners will leave after a few days and leave it to coordinated parties to earn their unique drops with heaping helpings of persistence and effort.

Disciple of Quag

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

The rewards are pathetic. People are starting to clue in to how poorly this rewards our time. It’s kind of insulting. I tried way harder in this than SB and get decent rewards for SB.

Time and effort deserve reward.

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

In the next 24 hours, he will be beaten.

In the next 72 hours, there will be a strategy.

By the end of the week, he will be farmed.

People thought that dungeons like AC and CoF were too hard at one point…

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Andross.5183

Andross.5183

earn their unique drops with heaping helpings of persistence and effort.

What makes you think you or anyone from your attempts at this boss, will get one of the unique drops? They aren’t guaranteed and I can almost guarantee you, that their drop rate is almost 0%.

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I doubt that would be worth it. Eight rares aren’t worth the effort of organizing a good raid, the time investment or the risk of failure.

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Andross.5183

Andross.5183

CoF were too hard at one point…

CoF was too hard at one point (legendary flame effigy being almost unkillable at some point), but there are ways around the hard parts by using bugs or easier paths. Eventually Anet nerfs fights that too many people are unable to win – which is why Tequatl will be nerfed sooner or later.

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Honestly, I would still say they are too hard. People just know how to “do the fights” that most of the difficulty is mitigated. You throw a new group of people into AC and they will have issues.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Scumbag Mawile.6384

What makes you think you or anyone from your attempts at this boss, will get one of the unique drops? They aren’t guaranteed and I can almost guarantee you, that their drop rate is almost 0%.

Just makes them that much more special

Besides, a red bridge has been capped as saying there’s also a chance of precursors as well as ascended.

And kitten , that mini is going to be gloriously expensive.

Disciple of Quag

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I think after a few days, when the kids back off and the griefers get bored, there will be much more opportunity to defeat Teq on a more regular basis.

One can hope, because those weapons are gonna be glorious for my Necro

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: NargofWoV.4267

NargofWoV.4267

Not sure if any strategy will be able to be worked in an “overflow”, time will tell. Maybe a good population server will continue to down Taq over time, like one of the servers that runs Karka Queen event weekly. Waiting on the strategy at this point.

Narg, Ranger JQ
Heavy Halo, Warrior JQ

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

The strategy is for people to listen, and not lay there dead for the whole fight.

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RvLeshrac.2673

RvLeshrac.2673

Besides, a red bridge has been capped as saying there’s also a chance of precursors as well as ascended.

Basically every enemy you kill has a “chance of precursors as well as ascended.”

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

In the next 24 hours, he will be beaten.

In the next 72 hours, there will be a strategy.

By the end of the week, he will be farmed.

By the end of the month, his risk/reward ratio will be deemed kitten and no one will bother.

Even if it was a 1% chance at a ascended/precursor – Ain’t nobody got time for that.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

People lying dead is what ruins timed worldbosses, it’s just like grenth/balth again. Just get up :p

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: lokone.3597

lokone.3597

ppl want a 100% max tier piece of gear for a 15min fight… R-O-F-L

Rewards are perfect as they are.

why ppl forget the how much pointless is the economic reward on this game?

at this game u “DONT NEED” nothing more than 2 weeks to get full exotic on ur first 80 on a new acount and have the whole fun, dont forget that, we already have ascended gear just for shout up that hardcore gamers (hardcore complainers) wich want recognition for his life (no-life).

A year has passed and ppl should now that, and stay at gw2 or go another game and stop complaining no sense

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

RvLeshrac.2673

People lying dead is what ruins timed worldbosses, it’s just like grenth/balth again. Just get up :p

Yeah. We can do whatever we want to Tequatl, but unless ANet is going to give us a skill that forces Dead players to disconnect…

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Scumbag Mawile.6384

Basically every enemy you kill has a “chance of precursors as well as ascended.”

Only high level fractals and WvW reward chests have the slightest (and I mean slightest) chance of giving you ascended weapons.

These ascended weapons are unique skins found nowhere else in the game.

On top of that, there are unique exotic accessories – not just ascended – that are selling for 40-50g.

The mini has yet to be put on the TP, but kitten , it will be the most valuable mini in GW2 history.

Precursors are mentioned in particular because they have a higher chance of dropping. Or was the first karka event just a ‘chance’ of precursors, eh?

Doesn’t matter if you aren’t guaranteed drops; that raises the specialness of the unique drops. Teq isn’t temporary. The rewards aren’t temporary. You can keep working at it trying to get your goal.

Attachments:

Disciple of Quag

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

RvLeshrac.2673

Only high level fractals and WvW reward chests have the slightest (and I mean slightest) chance of giving you ascended weapons.

These ascended weapons are unique skins found nowhere else in the game.

On top of that, there are unique exotic accessories – not just ascended – that are selling for 40-50g.

The mini has yet to be put on the TP, but kitten , it will be the most valuable mini in GW2 history.

Precursors are mentioned in particular because they have a higher chance of dropping. Or was the first karka event just a ‘chance’ of precursors, eh?

Doesn’t matter if you aren’t guaranteed drops; that raises the specialness of the unique drops. Teq isn’t temporary. The rewards aren’t temporary. You can keep working at it trying to get your goal.

I wouldn’t say the first run of Karka was a “chance of precursors.” It was more like “A precursor handout to cheaters, exploiters, and farmers.”

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: saurus.8290

saurus.8290

Teq is fine as it is now

just some ppl cant think and they think they can go under his feet and spam number 1 button

no its not like this anymore

ppl need to protect the turrets, use the cleansing and stat buff from them and most of the time you need to use number 2 ability

but yet i saw many ppl go into the turret and then spam number 1 button on teq…..

then they come to the forum and cry for nerf

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

The difficulty is fine, although there are very legitimate concerns about how organized groups are going to deal with random players.

The big problem is the rewards just aren’t there yet.

2 Rares Per 25%

in Tequatl Rising

RvLeshrac.2673

Teq is fine as it is now

just some ppl cant think and they think they can go under his feet and spam number 1 button

no its not like this anymore

ppl need to protect the turrets, use the cleansing and stat buff from them and most of the time you need to use number 2 ability

but yet i saw many ppl go into the turret and then spam number 1 button on teq…..

then they come to the forum and cry for nerf

Cool story. Now explain to me how we guarantee that someone random doesn’t grab a turret and go AFK?

How do you guarantee that the person who grabs the turret knows how to use it?

How do you guarantee that the person who grabs the turret isn’t lagging and doesn’t have any framerate issues?