Add Darkhaven to the list

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

http://www.twitch.tv/mdogg2005/c/2971856
^—-Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B80aE_q37eU
^—-Video on Youtube

1:59 remaining. 110+ people in TeamSpeak made it happen.

Props to Swifty, the commander who held us all together the last few days. Couldn’t have done it without him. Great job to everyone else who was on turrets, fingers, and everything else. Phase transitions went PERFECTLY.

Attachments:

(edited by TehPwnerer.7215)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

1st attempt, ~51%
2nd attempt, ~45%
3rd attempt, killed

Go darkhaven!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sera Phrim.9041

Sera Phrim.9041

WOOOOOOOO Hell yeah brah!

Attachments:

Lets complain about a class about being too OP and then get them nerfed for no reason.

(edited by Sera Phrim.9041)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Twitch.4635

Twitch.4635

one screenshot from 2nites teq defeat.

Attachments:

(edited by Twitch.4635)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: noelle.5619

noelle.5619

YYYEEAAA Great job Darkhaven and great job to swift for leading everything =D

Kaira Riversong – Human Elementalist
Gotta stomp em [ALL]
Sea of Sorrows

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stine.5723

Stine.5723

FOR DARKHAVEN!!!!! lol

Attachments:

[MEAN] Necromare
vindictiveonline.com
Darkhaven

in Tequatl Rising

Wallace MacBix.2089

Oh yeah, and we were able to skip from the 2nd megalaser to the 3rd phase thanks to the awesome dps group, gj guys.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

I WAS THERE. So cool! SO COOL.

Attachments:

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: crudum.3278

crudum.3278

yay darkhaven!!

Darkhaven
The Tantalus Theatre Troupe [LOOT]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Arkitan.6172

Arkitan.6172

That was sooo fun.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Crysto.7089

Crysto.7089

Pic of me soloing Tequatl. Bunch of leeches were following me around so I figured I’d let them get the chest. You’re welcome Darkhaven. You’re also welcome for the victory fanfare at the end.

Special thanks to me. #1 Player/Commander NA. Promotions.

Attachments:

#1 Commander/Player NA: Promotions

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Court.8649

Court.8649

Loved doing Teq with you guys! Great job one and all!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

OMG for real?! fraking kittens of fury!!! I was out fighting jormag when that happened!!! Gaw XD. Now I’m just depressed. lol. Any chance of a repeat success?

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DemonicGoblin.8024

DemonicGoblin.8024

Great Job tonight guys! Was happy we got it accomplished!

Take that, naysayers!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Swiftplus.5396

Swiftplus.5396

Great job everyone. We started with no clue what to do and ended up with a nice big shiny chest ^^. Once again DarkHaven shows that we’ll bounce back from the losses we’ve had and have fun doing it! So thank you all for putting some faith in all of us and sticking it out through it all. We as DarkHaven killed this monster and will slay anything that decides to cross our path!!!

[Edge]
FC

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

Great job everyone. We started with no clue what to do and ended up with a nice big shiny chest ^^. Once again DarkHaven shows that we’ll bounce back from the losses we’ve had and have fun doing it! So thank you all for putting some faith in all of us and sticking it out through it all. We as DarkHaven killed this monster and will slay anything that decides to cross our path!!!

Swifty you are the man, seriously. Great job coordinating everything for the last couple of days. People like me who’ve been doing this with ya since the beginning really appreciate the work you put into it.

I look forward to more Teq and other future encounters with you and the rest of Darkhaven on TS. =)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ChaosKirin.1328

ChaosKirin.1328

Thanks again, Swift! It was awesome working with you.

in Tequatl Rising

Wallace MacBix.2089

Great job leading/setting up everything man, and also spreading the word, really glad I heard about this earlier today. And like pwnzor said, it’ll be fun to run this again.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Epic Brownie.5843

Epic Brownie.5843

1st attempt, ~51%
2nd attempt, ~45%
3rd attempt, killed

Go darkhaven!

That’s just how it went on DB! It takes a lot of coordination, patience, and everybody knowing their role and working together. The feeling when it all comes together is awesome! Good job y’all!

Epic
Dragonbrand

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

Thanks Brownie, it felt great to finally kill him after so many hours standing there getting ready. Coordination is definitely key, it was amazing. I cut out the first couple of hours and just uploaded the kill video.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: takkattak.1974

takkattak.1974

We had a blast out there, the team speak during the wait was almost as much fun as the fight itself! And the person who played the final fantasy boss kill theme for us at the end.. you sir win <3

Takiya Delyll — Mesmer
Jaded [JADE] co-leader
Darkhaven

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kriotych.5987

Kriotych.5987

Great job Darkhaven! That was a glorious battle.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ghettogenius.9174

ghettogenius.9174

Awesome. Too bad I took a break after the first 2 tries and missed the big one. Hopefully we’ll bag this guy a few more times before everyone gets bored.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aisa.2817

Aisa.2817

So not fair. :’( I was trying to get in to work on it last night, but I kept getting stuck in overflow. I have such bad luck. lol
Are they going to do it again tonight?

Give me coffee or give me…. Screw it. Just give me coffee.

http://epicstory.herobo.com

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

So not fair. :’( I was trying to get in to work on it last night, but I kept getting stuck in overflow. I have such bad luck. lol

From the sounds of things in Teamspeak last night it looks like the next attempt with this same group of people will take place next Saturday night at the same time. Too much coordination and effort going in to too little rewards to do it every night. It was a blast, it was great fun, but once a week is enough for a lot of us.

I’m sure another commander can pick up and rally everyone like Swift did if Swift isn’t there.

in Tequatl Rising

Wallace MacBix.2089

From the sounds of things in Teamspeak last night it looks like the next attempt with this same group of people will take place next Saturday night at the same time. Too much coordination and effort going in to too little rewards to do it every night. It was a blast, it was great fun, but once a week is enough for a lot of us.

I’m sure another commander can pick up and rally everyone like Swift did if Swift isn’t there.

Yeah and 4 hours is a lot of time to devote to this on a week night. Heck even if you got organized and did it in 1 go ~2 hours is somewhat long for most people that only have 2-4 hours a night for “free time.” I think by now the people that want to know how to beat Teq already know, so it’s just a matter of advertising and getting 100+ people into teamspeak and willing to not leave after 1 failed attempt.

And the rewards are pretty garbage, I think out of all of us (~120 people or so) 1 person got a rare light aqua breather. 2-3 people got the new Superior Runes. And I think one person got a zerker ascended weapon. The best thing I got was ~150 luck from salvaging. I’m pretty sure I got better drops from defending a battery from mobs (which shouldn’t be dropping any loot) than from Teq himself..

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

http://www.twitch.tv/mdogg2005/c/2971856
^—-Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B80aE_q37eU
^—-Video on Youtube

1:59 remaining. 110+ people in TeamSpeak made it happen.

Props to Swifty, the commander who held us all together the last few days. Couldn’t have done it without him. Great job to everyone else who was on turrets, fingers, and everything else. Phase transitions went PERFECTLY.

Is this the same Swifty from WoW? Congrats btw…………

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

Thanks Scoot! And no I don’t think it is. His name is Swiftplus but I just got in the habit of calling him Swifty.

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

Yeah and 4 hours is a lot of time to devote to this on a week night. Heck even if you got organized and did it in 1 go ~2 hours is somewhat long for most people that only have 2-4 hours a night for “free time.” I think by now the people that want to know how to beat Teq already know, so it’s just a matter of advertising and getting 100+ people into teamspeak and willing to not leave after 1 failed attempt.

And the rewards are pretty garbage, I think out of all of us (~120 people or so) 1 person got a rare light aqua breather. 2-3 people got the new Superior Runes. And I think one person got a zerker ascended weapon. The best thing I got was ~150 luck from salvaging. I’m pretty sure I got better drops from defending a battery from mobs (which shouldn’t be dropping any loot) than from Teq himself..

Everything he said is true. It took a lot of effort to get the one kill we got and while most of us agree that the fight and killing Teq are reward enough, it’s not worth doing it every night just because of how long it takes.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Silent Nymph.3526

Silent Nymph.3526

It. Was. Awesome! Was there for all three runs. Amazed my wave of “When my work is finished, I’m coming back for you!” made it in the video.

Was soooooo awesome and loved that it was recorded, it was like we knew he was going down that time. Bottom of the ninth inning, 2 strikes against Darkhaven. Here comes the swing …… IT …. IS ….. OUTTA THERE! TEQUATL IS DOWN. TEQUATL IS DOWN!!

Attachments:

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Go Darkhaven! Congrats to those that did it.

So what time was it when we did it? If we’re doing it again next weekend, I’d like to try to plan to be there.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Singularity.1486

Singularity.1486

Congratz.
Any idea when would be the next attempt?
or somewhere we can follow up on…?

in Tequatl Rising

scootshoot.6583

Nicely played, great video btw. Will be forever in memory to watch over and over again.

Darkhaven is one of the lowest populace servers and I wager you guys get little to no guesting just to tackle Tequatl so you accomplished this feat amongst your server brethren only. Just goes to show, a little organization goes a long way. It’s not easy leading a group of random players with all sorts of guild tags, casuals, etc. etc., particularly for a tough boss like Tequa, great job by Swifty in taking the intiative to organize….

/respect DH

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DemonicGoblin.8024

DemonicGoblin.8024

I think out of all of us (~120 people or so) 1 person got a rare light aqua breather.

That was me! It went for 12 gold on the AH lol. I couldn’t justify salvaging for ectos at that price :P

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZsAngel.8391

ZsAngel.8391

When we got the kill it was about 12:49am EST I think, and we started server reset (5pm PST).

As for when we’re doing another run, last I heard Swift is still planning to run a group this coming Saturday again at server reset (5pm PST) for those who couldn’t be there or got stuck in Overflow. If you’re planing to attend it, I highly recommend you get there early so you have a spot, and don’t end up in Overflow. Also have a supply of the Powerful Potion of Undead Slaying (at least 10) and then the item the summons the Fire Embers. (Not sure of the name.)

Çynna of LEAD & BANE

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

It. Was. Awesome! Was there for all three runs. Amazed my wave of “When my work is finished, I’m coming back for you!” made it in the video.

Was soooooo awesome and loved that it was recorded, it was like we knew he was going down that time. Bottom of the ninth inning, 2 strikes against Darkhaven. Here comes the swing …… IT …. IS ….. OUTTA THERE! TEQUATL IS DOWN. TEQUATL IS DOWN!!

Haha I had every minute since 7pm recorded, but figured the important part was the kill so I cut the stream footage down to fit the video =)

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

Nicely played, great video btw. Will be forever in memory to watch over and over again.

Darkhaven is one of the lowest populace servers and I wager you guys get little to no guesting just to tackle Tequatl so you accomplished this feat amongst your server brethren only. Just goes to show, a little organization goes a long way. It’s not easy leading a group of random players with all sorts of guild tags, casuals, etc. etc., particularly for a tough boss like Tequa, great job by Swifty in taking the intiative to organize….

/respect DH

Thanks Scoot really do appreciate it. I mean just look at about every thread on the forums. We were always listed as one of the servers that would never kill Teq.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

When we got the kill it was about 12:49am EST I think, and we started server reset (5pm PST).

As for when we’re doing another run, last I heard Swift is still planning to run a group this coming Saturday again at server reset (5pm PST) for those who couldn’t be there or got stuck in Overflow. If you’re planing to attend it, I highly recommend you get there early so you have a spot, and don’t end up in Overflow. Also have a supply of the Powerful Potion of Undead Slaying (at least 10) and then the item the summons the Fire Embers. (Not sure of the name.)

So we’re trying again at 8pm eastern this Saturday then? I’ll have to definitely try to be there for it. Really want to get past the first phase at least once…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vael Victus.2654

Vael Victus.2654

I was there for the first two… wish I’d stuck around for the third! Here’s to hoping this saturday night is another success. :}

in Tequatl Rising

Wallace MacBix.2089

I think out of all of us (~120 people or so) 1 person got a rare light aqua breather.

That was me! It went for 12 gold on the AH lol. I couldn’t justify salvaging for ectos at that price :P

Heh, kitten , if you get a heavy one and want to sell it let me know, I’ll save you the listing fee. ;p

/respect DH

Thanks! I think we maybe had 20 from a guild that may have been guesting (can’t remember their name, and don’t know if they were guesting). And if I recall from TS there were 3-4 guilds present along with non guild people (like myself). But everyone really did their part, and as much as I hate the Teq changes, it was great to finally beat him.

(edited by Wallace MacBix.2089)

in Tequatl Rising

scootshoot.6583

/respect DH

Thanks Scoot really do appreciate it. I mean just look at about every thread on the forums. We were always listed as one of the servers that would never kill Teq.

Indeed. For whatever reason the complainers on this forum for Teq Talk still think this fight is all about numbers. Spamming the dragon with sheer numbers and dpsing him down, haha. They neglect great threads like this one alongside the myriad of helpful threads from other servers and guilds.

It is what it is…again congrats!

in Tequatl Rising

TehPwnerer.7215

/respect DH

Indeed. For whatever reason the complainers on this forum for Teq Talk still think this fight is all about numbers. Spamming the dragon with sheer numbers and dpsing him down, haha. They neglect great threads like this one alongside the myriad of helpful threads from other servers and guilds.

It is what it is…again congrats!

Thanks. I definitely agree with what you said too and I’m glad that you think threads like this are the exception! ^^