Anet will have to make Tequatl easier

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

What’s going to happen when Anet revamps all the world bosses? Does anyone really think their server will be able provide the number of players needed to fight 2 or 3 world bosses?

Anet will have to make Tequatl easier. As new revamped world bosses are realized.

(edited by Onshidesigns.1069)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

First. Weird punctuation. What is up with that?

Second. Who told you that all bosses are going to become Tequila-hard?

Third. Players needed doesn’t necessarily correlate to increased (or lowered) difficulty.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

The only thing Anet needs to make easier is logistics. Trying to get together with an organized group on the same map is a big cluster kitten.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

in Tequatl Rising

Onshidesigns.1069

livestream, The girl on one of the videos said they were looking into how to make all world bosses more challenging.

Besides everyone knows world bosses go down to fast.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

More challenging =/= requiring more people, or Tequila-hard. Most of them will probably still be fairly easy/quick to kill.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

in Tequatl Rising

Onshidesigns.1069

They didn’t add a 15 min timer to all world bosses for no reason. Anet must have a plan to make them harder.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Don’t give in Anet, it’s nice to have hardmode on occasion…

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Riot Inducer.8964

Riot Inducer.8964

Yeah this part kind of worries me. Even if it’s a long time before other world bosses get a similar make over there’s no way that the Tequatl fight is sustainable in its current state. I mean, once the next living story comes out people will be flocking to that making the 100+ manpower requirement impossible to achieve for Teq. If they don’t change it so the fight scales down once boss week is over I seriously doubt anyone will ever kill him ever again.

in Tequatl Rising

scootshoot.6583

Yeah this part kind of worries me. Even if it’s a long time before other world bosses get a similar make over there’s no way that the Tequatl fight is sustainable in its current state. I mean, once the next living story comes out people will be flocking to that making the 100+ manpower requirement impossible to achieve for Teq. If they don’t change it so the fight scales down once boss week is over I seriously doubt anyone will ever kill him ever again.

that’s okay. Not all achievements should be ez mode….

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Hope you enjoy playing by yourself then, because if all the content goes on par with tequatl the funless, casual players are going to abandon ship so fast. Doubt a game that relies on monetization is going to risk scaring off their silent majority.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Make them harder but make them scale.

in Tequatl Rising

scootshoot.6583

Hope you enjoy playing by yourself then, because if all the content goes on par with tequatl the funless, casual players are going to abandon ship so fast. Doubt a game that relies on monetization is going to risk scaring off their silent majority.

Agreed, it’d be poor design if they make ALL future world boss content in this fashion. As I stated from earlier post, “On OCCASION hardmode is needed in games of this nature”

Not all achievements should be handed out on a silver spoon ………..

Notice the recent posts of servers, “WE DID IT…CONGRATS” popping. Talk of 100++ gathering and joining on teamspeak to make it happen. Server pride, players gathering together to make it happen in a MMO, nothing wrong with it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

Neilos Tyrhanos.5427

When was it ever suggested that “all the content” will be as difficult as Tequatl?

Let’s not just wildly jump to conclusions in order to complain.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

What is up with all the random names people are using for Tequatl? Yesterday it was Taco and now it’s Tequila?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Don’t make it easier. fix the server backend (overflows etc) . Making the event easier won’t solve the main issues people are having, neither will it help for the next one they do.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

This. The Devs don’t seem to be getting the learning curve. People have left in droves before. Remember the DR fiasco and others? It seems every time the game takes a step forward, it takes 2 back.

BTW had a chuckle over Tequatl the funless. That is exactly what he is.

(edited by SHM.7628)

in Tequatl Rising

SHM.7628

Don’t make it easier. fix the server backend (overflows etc) . Making the event easier won’t solve the main issues people are having, neither will it help for the next one they do.

Actually it would.

in Tequatl Rising

SHM.7628

Agreed, it’d be poor design if they make ALL future world boss content in this fashion. As I stated from earlier post, “On OCCASION hardmode is needed in games of this nature”

Not all achievements should be handed out on a silver spoon ………..

Notice the recent posts of servers, “WE DID IT…CONGRATS” popping. Talk of 100++ gathering and joining on teamspeak to make it happen. Server pride, players gathering together to make it happen in a MMO, nothing wrong with it.

That sounds good, but my success in an event should not hinge on whether I got into the right server or not. That reminds me of RNG. It’s frustrating and annoying.

Before you scoff at that, I’ve played with a lot of good teams. We did everything right, but because of one variable or another = failure was inevitable. Sill and coordination was not the problem. Frankly, This is just not fun.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

When was it ever suggested that “all the content” will be as difficult as Tequatl?

Let’s not just wildly jump to conclusions in order to complain.

Umm… right here?

livestream, The girl on one of the videos said they were looking into how to make all world bosses more challenging.

Besides everyone knows world bosses go down to fast.

If this statement was made after all the current additions, and are looking to make them harder? Yeahhhh….. no.

What’s the point of being proud of that if it’s a majority of server-hopping groups feeding other servers kills? Yay for those people I guess?

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Knives.6380

Knives.6380

So far Anet has increased the health for all the world bosses. Thus making them harder. They have gone on record stating that they will be reworking all of the dragons to be like Tequatl, which they should be since they are meant to be the strongest thing roaming Tyria. If you do not like the revamped dragons just dont play them. Go play the other world bosses, which as I previously stated because I know some one will come behind me and say they are going to change all of them have already been buffed with this most recent living story update thus made “harder”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dukemarz.1309

Dukemarz.1309

Teq is way too hard. I’ve tried it at least ten times, and my server has never come close.

GW2 is a game. Games connote fun. Wasting time is not fun. And trying to complete a task that is so very rarely successful is a waste of time.

I refuse to waste any more time on Teq. Once more, Anet bowed to the macho idiots, and ignored the casual players.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Knives.6380

Knives.6380

Ignored casual players? lol This is the first actual hard content that has been added for the non-casual players. Every other update besides this one was direct at the casual player.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Anet can keep making content that requires 100+ people to complete and we can all watch as the player base dwindles away to nothing.

Having 1 thing be like is cool and all for a week or two but if everything in the game starts being like that people are going to get tired of it real quick.

Especially when there are so many technical limitations working against us that it takes very little to make a 2 hour wait for the fight a 2 hour waste of time. At the end of the fight players should not be thinking they just wasted the better part of 3 hours for literally nothing.

To me the worst part of the Tequatl fight is that his mechanics aren’t actually all that hard to learn and get around. What’s “hard” about it is that we have to deal with a bunch of different people who all think their way is the best (assuming it’s not sabotaged by trolls and afkers kitten blocking the cannons from the start) way and the aforementioned technical limitations.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Borosanac.9147

Borosanac.9147

Finally a challenge! Please, oh please don’t nerf him! Yes, there are things to fix (overflow and afk people) but please dont nerf Tequatl

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Tequatl, meet the Karka Queen. Your future contender for the title “Least done event on your server”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

I rather spend 3 hours of my day waiting for an epic boss fight than faceroll boss spamming auto attack. It really saddens me when I see people want this.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I rather spend 3 hours of my day waiting for an epic boss fight than faceroll boss spamming auto attack. It really saddens me when I see people want this.

So, you would rather spend 3hrs on one content for 1g, couple of blue/greens for your work…

…then make progressive progress with loot by making 7-10g/hr champ farming?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Yes. I just did that. And I don’t care that I got nothing but blues and 2 golds.
The whole preparation / team speak process was epic.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

I actually find more people migrating towards Jormag now. That was (and still is) an obnoxious fight between the different stages of it, but the new Tequatl encounter has managed to surpass it and now I genuinely see a lot more people doing that fight at all hours than those I see interested in even bothering to go to Tequatl anymore. Achievements are good to keep people motivated, but there won’t be enough people around soon for others to keep on trying. After the event is over I doubt anyone will go there anymore, just like others have already said. It’s annoyingly hard to accomplish even during the event, while meeting the manpower requirements for this fight.

I already gave up on getting the achievements, as much as I like collecting them, I’ve done my 6h of sitting, waiting for spawn, failing several times despite doing my best (it takes collective effort after all), to know it simply takes the fun out of gaming. And when a game fails to accomplish its purpose, you know something’s wrong.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

I disagree, the difficulty is just fine with the actual instance.

What is completely fubar is the game of musical overflows 80+ organized people must negotiate before they ever have a chance to start fighting as a group.

The issue is the game breaks when too many people enter a world event zone and how to game that is the primary challenge.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Carbonize.1530

Carbonize.1530

I’ve been lucky enough to be part of killing Tequatl a total of 4 times. I did like the challenge although I’m not a PvE player by nature. The dilemma for me is now that it is difficult to kill him I felt kind of robbed when I killed him twice between resets and received no chest.

I know when you could afk away and get rares and endless globs there was a need to make the reward once per day. Now that the difficulty has been increased I think the boss chest should appear on every kill. It’s mostly salvage for luck gear anyway but the chance for something good would keep people trying and helping others.

The content is now not new to me, but you still need to keep the people interested that know the fight.

I know there are other issues with this event such as overflow but I feel to keep this event sustainable throughout most play times there needs to be incentive for people who have the Title/Achievements etc..

The situation I find myself in now is that I will only attempt this event if I’m in an organized TS channel with a capable group of proven players. This is due to the failure rate being so high and respawn being so long.

I don’t have that much spare time to dedicate 3 hours or so a day to 1 event if I happen to fail a couple times. Not to mention you feel you need to stay logged in and in Sparkfly Fen if you are in the main group or you might not get back in if you leave to go do something else in the game.

in Tequatl Rising

Onshidesigns.1069

What is up with all the random names people are using for Tequatl? Yesterday it was Taco and now it’s Tequila?

How about TeaQuital? I came up with it first

in Tequatl Rising

Onshidesigns.1069

Ignored casual players? lol This is the first actual hard content that has been added for the non-casual players. Every other update besides this one was direct at the casual player.

This content was not made to be a raid for so-called hardcore players! It’s open world content for everyone.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

I am not a casual player and I am close to giving up on Tequatl. The pure reason is that there is just not enough organisation by the random playerbase to allow this content to be successful on a semi or even blue moon regular basis. I have a massive problem with this because it is out of my control as a player character. You can’t improve yourself by creating a larger community out of thin air nor can you create a better cooperative environment if people will not listen. You can try your heart out as an individual but if everyone else is not on the same page why bother, there is no reward for trying.