Arrogant Commanders get trolled

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

Just back from another failed Teq encounter on Gandara (think we got him to 60%)

It would have been much better if it wasn’t for the actions of several Dorito wearing little dictators who started badmouthing anyone who used the wrong weapons, (I have no idea what are the right weapons?), that they were the ‘Elite’ players on our server (I have never seen them in WvW) and were generally mouthing and abusing all that were there.
Eventually about 20 guys decided they had heard enough abusive language from them to troll the event just to annoy the arrogant Commander (Messing on the jump pads etc…).

Maybe that’s why Gandara hasn’t had much success yet.

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I saw a commander like that on Aurora Glade as well, blaming everyone else for failing the event, and telling players not to res the dead after the event. The sad reality was that we were on an overflow, and simply didn’t have enough man power to take Tequatl down. And maybe some of the players on the turrets let the bonewalls go up twice. But on the whole, most players made a really good effort for an overflow. So after we failed the event, I simply went to resurrect everyone, despite all the verbal abuse in map chat.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Josip.8267

Josip.8267

Wellcome to gandara bro. I feel you, there is too much wannabe elitist that are actually some kids who think they are good. ( we can see how good they are by looking at our www position ). I think easiest way for us will be to guest on desolation.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aisina.4963

Aisina.4963

Elite =/= WvW

./15chars

S/F Asuran Elementalist

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Ick. As much as I would hate to be yet another one of those guys who buys a commander tag to led other people, I feel like I have the ability to lead everyone effectively. Until I make that other 50 gold, I’ll have to keep watching people suffer.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

welcome to Gw2 where elitism is slowly killing the game, and a-net just encourages them and then says nope right afterwards.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

A lot of people don’t realize that The Power of Love and Friendship is the most powerful weapon you can wield.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sparrowsong.4238

Sparrowsong.4238

I tend to ignore most commander badges I mean they didn’t really “earn” it by ranking to commander and winning so many battles on the field. No they bought it. So its a self entitled title and not worthy of my respect. However I have seen some people with them who actually do try and “teach” and they are worthy of my respect.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I hope you don’t mean anyone from Eden. We were running the show for most of the first night on Gandara, and I know nobody among us who would ever be arrogant/elitist/bitter.

If an Edenite is responsible this time, let me know so I can get rid of them.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

Sadly (as I mostly WvW) I know we (Gandara) do have some great commanders and all it would take is for them to organise + the few big guilds we have to take part and we can take down this lizard!
Later I went to Frostgorge for my Shiverpeak killer daily and counted no fewer than 9 Commanders chasing from one champ to the other.

(ps. It wasn’t any Commander from Eden)

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

(edited by Budchgon.2108)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: gwawer.9805

gwawer.9805

What about adding some prerequisites besides gold to have the commander badge? Like you must have 50 world bosses completed at level 80 and must have full exotic gear.

(edited by gwawer.9805)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Players with commanders tags tend to feel empowered by them. Having one myself I do not feel a need to sport it unless i ma commanding and that is how the majority of commanders are. We had enough cash to toss 100g at a tag it doesn’t mean we are the best leaders out there. If one gets belligerent then remind them of that. Most commanders are just players trying to do the right thing. That is being a big blue spot for people to gather on. Trolling those few commanders additionally trolled the rest of your server and imho that isn’t really worth it.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kinyoshi.5408

Kinyoshi.5408

They need to remove the commander tag from the game. It just enables toxic players and gives them a pedestal that seemingly makes them immune from etiquette. Why do they get to talk in all caps and bark orders? Because they grinded, bought, took 100g from their guild? It also feeds their ego because they have the potent power of zerg gathering, which is correlated with success in WvW and temples.
Commander killed the aspect of community. No one actually looks for groups in WvW, they just head to the nearest commander tag. If there were no commander tags, there would be less toxic players and a better community. Refund their 100g and remove it from the game, for the good of the community.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

I would pay 100 gold to be able to not see any commander icons, except for when I’m in a squad. I’d like to see the tag of who’s commanding the squad. Nothing else, ever.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

This is why I think it’s a bit funny when ANet talks about commanders helping organise during Taco (pretty sure they did…) as the ability to have 100g and buy an item does not bestow actual leadership qualities on the person now wearing that blue dorito.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kokurai.7258

Kokurai.7258

i feel like many tags are there in order to lead guilds in the area and stay organized, but i do indeed agree that it messes with the others who are there without a guild

Nöír Noír Drägneil | NSP DH HoD Mag
[FNCY], [TG], [DRV], [FURY]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

This is why I think it’s a bit funny when ANet talks about commanders helping organise during Taco (pretty sure they did…) as the ability to have 100g and buy an item does not bestow actual leadership qualities on the person now wearing that blue dorito.

No matter what people think, you will always get that one commander who blows. Badges of Honor doesn’t necessarily mean that he’s good in WvW (Remember, achievement chests now have Badges), nor does having 100 gold make him a good commander. It’s very hard judging who and who should not be the commander, but I think the easiest way is having him lead by example…which I plan on doing.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Being a ‘commander’ means nothing. I’ll listen to the person who knows what he or she is doing. Ranting about ‘noobs’ in a channel tends to make me ignore those people.

Gone to Reddit.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Hekka.8730

Hekka.8730

The most unpleasant thing about this event has been the arrogance and abuse of commanders.

Not all of them are bad. We have some awesome commanders. But the way some of them carry on, you picture them red in the face with spittle flying out of their screaming mouths.

World bosses have NEVER been this hard. Does that mean we hate the change? No. I welcome a challenge. It’s been fun trying to work out the mechanics of the event and I believe in teamplay. What many are failing to realize when they are spamming

“OMG WHY ARE YOU ALL DEAD? kittenING HELL kitten kittenITY”

“HOW CAN WE WIN THE EVENT WHEN YOU N00BS DON’T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT FIGHTING”

“kitten YOU ALL SUCK”

“STOP REZZING THEM, THEY ARE BRINGING US DOWN”

(on that last note, we actually had someone abusing all players at the END of the fight who had been downed, blaming them all for the loss, even though the majority had gone down in the final 3 minutes with Teq at about 95% health, after half the assault had already given up and left the area).

is that, until a few days ago, it was perfectly okay in almost every world boss event to run in and start hacking away as if its nobody’s business. These people are yet to realize that this is no longer possible, but you can’t really blame them for not hanging on to every single word that’s written in chat and failing to follow instructions because they have never needed to until now. Yes, we need a coordinated effort. No, not everyone is going to realize that immediately, especially when the people who are supposedly meant to be leading the assault are spending more time getting their raegface on.

When I pointed this out, the replies I got were along the lines of

“GOD, THEY MAKE SOMETHING HARD AND YOU ALL kitten ABOUT IT. LEARN TO PLAY N00B.”

People would be more likely to pay attention if these so-called “elites” actually resembled leaders.

People will learn. Whether or not they listen to you depends on whether you present yourself as someone worth listening to.

Chill out.

/endrant

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Yongguk.1830

Yongguk.1830

Unpopular opinion: Elitists or the so called “Elite” players are taking the fun out of everything in the game really.

Jaywin Lannister – Guardian
Hermès Kelly – Warrior

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

The tools to command? A hundred gold.

The ability to command? Now that’s priceless.

A lot of commanders simply aren’t fit for the job. As a commander it’s your responsibility to not only lead but also to keep the morale up. You’re dealing with actual human beings here and they aren’t going to listen to you if you keep dishing out abuse. I’ve noticed that the successful commanders are the ones willing to go that extra mile and not only be knowledgeable but also capable of sharing that knowledge in a constructive way.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GreenNekoHaunt.8527

GreenNekoHaunt.8527

I don’t think it’s a good idea to remove commander tag however I agree that the current state of getting commander tag is too easy. 100g? pfff. Make the people earn at least pvp rank 20, wvw rank 50 and level 80. Also make them require to either get every boss achievement or have done at least 5 different world events (succesfully).

Then you’d have your elite. This is non-sense. Commander tags don’t say anything about a commander.

I myself am commander and compared to other commanders I have actually been thanked by people for leading those people the loot-lusted-commanders aren’t leading.

Gamer & Developer; Playing games is part of making games! Gather experience and make games!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: naphack.9346

naphack.9346

Yes, some commanders are aorrogant pricks, some are just plain stupid, some others are ignorant and very few can actually pull their own weight AND the whole zergs worth.
Imma tell you a story about a cross breeding of type II and type III.

Just reminds me of that time we did Teq on Drakkar… We had a single commander leading the zerg, everyone stacked on him, it was all good.
The problem: Nobody joined his squad, cause there was only this one commander and nobody expected some idiot popping his commander tag and doing a Leeroy Jenkins against the dragon.
Everyone on the turrets was like “WHAT THE <kitty>, WHY ARE THERE TWO COMMANDERS?” as the zergball dispersed in confusion and the turrets had no clear place to put their shots, everything went downhill. The commander never managed to rally his forces back together for another attempt to do an organized zergball.

The only crime, turrets committed, is being good against the celestial meta.
The mob has spoken and the turrets shall be burnt at the stake.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I play a commander, but I realize that means more than just being a bright blue icon. I try to give advise to people during-, and especially before, the battle. I try to keep morale up, even if we’re all stuck in an overflow and people are yelling “It’s an overflow, we’ll never succeed! Flee for your lives!”. I’m also usually the person doing a ton of reviving. I want players around me to feel that being near me keeps them up and alive, so I make sure that that is the case. I also communicate with the players on the turrets, letting them know when we need poison cleansing and such. I have no idea if I am a good commander by any stretch of the imagination, but I’m willing to put the extra effort in to try and get people slightly organized and motivated. So, not all commanders are terrible. It’s usually only one extremely loud bad egg on every server.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Yalora Istairiea.6287

Yalora Istairiea.6287

The following is a true story

Last week I want to a Boss event.
There were 10 people there.
6 of them were Commanders.
All had their Icon on.
The Tacos were ordering each other around.
While they were arguing, we Non-Coms finished the event.

“Respect my authoritah!”
/facepalm

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Deathly Spirited.8190

Deathly Spirited.8190

Hmmm. you guys call that blue thing a Taco? I guess tastes go apart a little between the US and Germany…. here we call the Commander sign a Klostein (Urinal stone)

See picture link for comparison.
http://src.discounto.de/pics/Angebote/2011-06/131961/155491_WC-FIX-WC-Stein-Blaues-Wasser_xxl.jpg

We dont [CARE] – Abaddons Mouth
Looking for active cooks who can grill masses of Dolyak Steaks to perfection!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Bertenburny.5103

Bertenburny.5103

I tend to ignore most commander badges I mean they didn’t really “earn” it by ranking to commander and winning so many battles on the field. No they bought it. So its a self entitled title and not worthy of my respect. However I have seen some people with them who actually do try and “teach” and they are worthy of my respect.

^ this so much

Shiva /Haze/Glau/Mashira
Seaferer’s Rest berserker of the Mists – VOLT -