DON'T NERF

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Otters.1567

Otters.1567

Rofl it’s like people never played hard content before, too many people crying about nerf.
They clearly state that it’s going be to really hard, and people expect to kill it 1rst day, i rofl. This kind of content is meant for people willing to spend a lot of time learning and working together to complete a single objective, killing a world boss. And yes, i know people will say the old “omg but pug no listen and with pug cant do, pls nerf”. I see this all the time rofl. Killing Teq is an awesome achievement, but everyone killing Teq is going be as cool as finishing one of your daily objectives. Anet please don’t give in to all the people asking for a nerf, because it’s going to be the same repeated cycle of hard content nerf, easy content complain…

(Any early EQ/EQ2 player will most likely agree, because contested mob raiding was probably 5 times harder than this)

Buy a Pocket Otter, only 500G [Holy]

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: UndeadRufus.6832

UndeadRufus.6832

And yes, i know people will say the old “omg but pug no listen and with pug cant do, pls nerf”. I see this all the time rofl. Killing Teq is an awesome achievement, but everyone killing Teq is going be as cool as finishing one of your daily objectives.

You can “argumentum ad rofl” till you’re blue in the face (fingers?), but the simple fact of the matter is that Tequatl is currently open-world content. It’s a PUG nightmare. If you want to reserve the content for little bands of elites/elitists who live to tell everyone else how great they are, then it should be in an instance. Then you can Tequatl yourself pink over your greatness without the open PvE environment suffering for it. Otherwise, some rebalancing (likely in the form of -gasp- nerfs) is sorely needed in this event.

“Fickle, wild, irrational apes aren’t qualified to boss each other around….”

(edited by UndeadRufus.6832)

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Otters.1567

And yes, i know people will say the old “omg but pug no listen and with pug cant do, pls nerf”. I see this all the time rofl. Killing Teq is an awesome achievement, but everyone killing Teq is going be as cool as finishing one of your daily objectives.

You can “argumentum ad rofl” till you’re blue in the face (fingers?), but the simple fact of the matter is that Tequatl is currently open-world content. It’s a PUG nightmare. If you want to reserve the content for little bands of elites/elitists who live to tell everyone else how great they are, then it should be in an instance. Then you can Tequatl yourself pink over your greatness without the open PvE environment suffering for it. Otherwise, some rebalancing (likely in the form of -gasp- nerfs) is sorely needed in this event.

I haven’t killed Teq yet, but i enjoy the difficulty of the fight, and Anet made the fight like this so it can bring the server closer together, and they clearly state it multiple times in interviews they have with Matt Visual, content that encourages the community to work together. So the PUG excuse is almost invalid, the only thing stopping people from really beating it is those who refuse to cooperate and work with everyone else, at the point people should start taking initiative and forming large groups of people willing to work together via Voice Com, and kill it. But instead people post on forum about how hard it is and how pugs don’t do anything. The boss doesn’t scale, so having a cooperative group of people gathered by someone (this is where the initiative comes in) to kill him is what Anet intended, which ties back to bringing the community together. Doing that would easily solve the PUG problem, but only few servers have done that. Maybe people need to do some more thinking and less crying. Tyty

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

It killed the determination in my server. For 8 hours we tried with teamspeak and the biggest guilds. Dragonbrand tried for 20 hours. We did everything. We protected the cannons, we removed his stacks, we buffed the zerg, still we only got to 60% on our best try. Don’t try and make it look like people are not thinking. It’s very insulting to those that know that we won’t ever do it now.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Poplolita.2638

Poplolita.2638

It killed the determination in my server. For 8 hours we tried with teamspeak and the biggest guilds. Dragonbrand tried for 20 hours. We did everything. We protected the cannons, we removed his stacks, we buffed the zerg, still we only got to 60% on our best try. Don’t try and make it look like people are not thinking. It’s very insulting to those that know that we won’t ever do it now.

Try again, or give up. That’s how it should be, it’s hard content afterall. You server still got… a lot of other world bosses to take down.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Otters.1567

Sorry if i made it sound insulting, i’m just annoyed about people complaining about real content, and like the other guy said, that’s how hard content should be. If you ever played early EQ2, 4-5 guilds (about 100 people total, 24 people per guild) waited at a contested boss that took weeks to spawn, and all the guilds took turns trying to kill it, even if it took 30-50 tries to even kill it, one of the open world bosses wasn’t even killed until 3 months after the expac was released, still did it. Hard content is for dedicated players, that’s how it should be.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

UndeadRufus.6832

I haven’t killed Teq yet, but i enjoy the difficulty of the fight, and Anet made the fight like this so it can bring the server closer together, and they clearly state it multiple times in interviews they have with Matt Visual, content that encourages the community to work together.

If so, then it’s a colossal failure. I’ve seen more frustration and fights between players over Tequatl than just about anything else I can recall over the past year. Expecting PUGs to “work together” on the scale needed for this event is just absurd.

So the PUG excuse is almost invalid,

Is is reality.

the only thing stopping people from really beating it is those who refuse to cooperate and work with everyone else, at the point people should start taking initiative and forming large groups of people willing to work together via Voice Com, and kill it.

One should not need VOIP to deal with open-world PUG content. Even groups that have done this still have a high failure rate (near 100%).

The manpower investment is virtually unsustainable, so this event would be unlikely to keep players’ interest even if it weren’t so unbalanced. It was very poorly thought out by ArenaNet.

But instead people post on forum about how hard it is and how pugs don’t do anything.

Those people bought the game, same as you. You don’t have to read their complaints, but clearly you thought enough of it all to start your own thread.

The boss doesn’t scale, so having a cooperative group of people gathered by someone (this is where the initiative comes in) to kill him is what Anet intended, which ties back to bringing the community together.

Except it doesn’t. If anything, my overall view of my server has taken a serious hit as a result of this event. Things were straight-up nasty last night. A few threatened to to leave for other servers, and I frankly hope they did. Tequatl is not a unifying force where everybody pitches in to defeat evil. It’s annoying and divisive. People who can only “rofl” and insult other players are part of the problem.

Doing that would easily solve the PUG problem, but only few servers have done that.

Lots of groups have tried to organize over Mumble and other services. Most have still failed.

Maybe people need to do some more thinking and less crying. Tyty

Accusing your opposition of not thinking is just poor form, perhaps even worse than your “argumentum ad rofl” in the OP.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Phineas Poe.3018

Phineas Poe.3018

One should not need VOIP to deal with open-world PUG content.

Why the resistance? What’s wrong with creating open world content that actually requires organization? Raidcall is free, and you can fit hundreds of users into a single channel.

I don’t have any issues with them increasing the timer, but it shouldn’t be on the basis that servers refuse to band together and cooperate because they think Guild Wars 2 should continue churning out trivial content that requires zero organization. That is simply catering to communal failure and the refusal to adapt.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Rofl it’s like people never played hard content before

After finally getting onto the main server and off overflows last night and doing more parts of the event, I must say that I don’t understand why people keep calling it “hard”.

I mean take a step back for a minute and think. If you’re one of the people defending the turrets this isn’t much different from a regular defense mission. Hardly “ZOMGSO1337MAIkittenSOBIG” difficulty, just meh. Hell, I’ve been having issues with my graphics card and was able to stand under Tequatl DPSing him in my ele no problem. I’ve solo’d groups of vets that felt more epic than this.

No, where the “difficulty” and “uber 1337 hardness” comes from is the pugs, terrible balance, and poorly conceived cost/benefit ratio. Last night when I finally got on SoS we got organized, we equipped up for it, decided on a plan and went over multiple times in the +1 hour before the event. With all that we should have at least had a good chance of getting under 25% right? LOLNO! Right from the start we had afk turrets that completely destroyed the ENTIRE EVENT for the other +80 people. Then you had the typical “I’m dead but I’m going to lay here wasting peoples time and making it harder to get to downed players” noobs of course as well who can’t jump up on command. Seriously, the entire “difficulty” of this event is whether or not any idiots show up to leech the event. Even worse if they end up on your turrets. Difficulty my kitten, that’s what you people think difficulty is? It’s a freaking lottery that’s out of peoples hands.

Then of course is the crown jewel. You know, I’m not even sure what Anet was thinking
with the reward scheme. Ok, so nothing if you don’t get Teq under 75%. Ok, makes sense and seems reasonable. Only able to get the Teq reward once a day? LOLWUT. This entire event is not the kind of thing that can be repeated on demand because of pug variable and large group size requirement. You think they would encourage people trying it multiple times a day to learn it, help others complete it, and make it a sought after event but no. That’s not what they want, they want you to go there, get a bunch of pugs to ruin it into the dirt and then whelp, no reason to bother now!
Then even the reward is pretty crappy too. The Dragon chest is no better than something you get off the Queensdale Champions…almost worse…

Hard…PFFFFF

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Otters.1567

I haven’t killed Teq yet, but i enjoy the difficulty of the fight, and Anet made the fight like this so it can bring the server closer together, and they clearly state it multiple times in interviews they have with Matt Visual, content that encourages the community to work together.

If so, then it’s a colossal failure. I’ve seen more frustration and fights between players over Tequatl than just about anything else I can recall over the past year. Expecting PUGs to “work together” on the scale needed for this event is just absurd.

So the PUG excuse is almost invalid,

Is is reality.

the only thing stopping people from really beating it is those who refuse to cooperate and work with everyone else, at the point people should start taking initiative and forming large groups of people willing to work together via Voice Com, and kill it.

One should not need VOIP to deal with open-world PUG content. Even groups that have done this still have a high failure rate (near 100%).

The manpower investment is virtually unsustainable, so this event would be unlikely to keep players’ interest even if it weren’t so unbalanced. It was very poorly thought out by ArenaNet.

But instead people post on forum about how hard it is and how pugs don’t do anything.

Those people bought the game, same as you. You don’t have to read their complaints, but clearly you thought enough of it all to start your own thread.

The boss doesn’t scale, so having a cooperative group of people gathered by someone (this is where the initiative comes in) to kill him is what Anet intended, which ties back to bringing the community together.

Except it doesn’t. If anything, my overall view of my server has taken a serious hit as a result of this event. Things were straight-up nasty last night. A few threatened to to leave for other servers, and I frankly hope they did. Tequatl is not a unifying force where everybody pitches in to defeat evil. It’s annoying and divisive. People who can only “rofl” and insult other players are part of the problem.

Doing that would easily solve the PUG problem, but only few servers have done that.

Lots of groups have tried to organize over Mumble and other services. Most have still failed.

Maybe people need to do some more thinking and less crying. Tyty

Accusing your opposition of not thinking is just poor form, perhaps even worse than your “argumentum ad rofl” in the OP.

It was meant for the majority that post about how hard it is, and it’s clear that they don’t think of a solution because they complain an hour after the update and expect easy kill on first day. I agree that needing VOIP is kind of dumb, but it’s what Anet wants, to bring the community together. And so what if people threaten to leave. At that point you can just guest to a lower populated server where people are actually willing to cooperate because they are used to working with what they got. The problem big servers have is zerg roll mentality people, the problem small servers have is no people. So if the “non zerg mentality people” from the larger servers came to work with the lower pop servers, then it would not only bring the community together from across servers, but also increase the chances of success. I’m just pointing out the reasons why Anet made it like this and why it should stay. Defeating a dragon should be an awesome and amazing achievement, which is how it is now, not some face roll like EVERYTHING else in GW2. This is what makes those servers that killed it different from the others, a server that enjoys working with one-another and cooperates with each other, as a whole.

P.S. I can see your point of view. I understand your frustrations and i’ve been there countless times, so don’t think i don’t know what you’re talking about lol.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucien.5083

Lucien.5083

The biggest issue I see with the content is that in 2 weeks when the new Living Story comes out, many players will move on from Tequatl. As difficult as it may be now, and don’t get me wrong, I like challenging content, imagine how impossible it will be once people get their title and move on. Without some form of balancing, my prediction is that Tequatl will become an abandoned event.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Lostwingman.5034

Anet made the fight like this so it can bring the server closer together

Forcing that size of people to not just “work together” like you normally have in DEs but also PLAN and EXECUTE is just BAITING people getting angry at each and specifically the “I PLAE HOW I WANT” crowd.

and they clearly state it multiple times in interviews they have with Matt Visual, content that encourages the community to work together.

Not with this playerbase. It’s casual to the extreme and that means a lot of people that don’t care to listen who are given, by design, high chance and opportunity to sink the event.

So the PUG excuse is almost invalid

You don’t have the slightest clue what you’re talking about. You probably stand under Teq the whole time not paying attention to what’s going on around jumping over the occasional wave and mentally kitten over how awsum that makes you.

the only thing stopping people from really beating it is those who refuse to cooperate and work with everyone else

See, it’s this right here that shows you don’t have the slightest idea what you are saying. That’s the majority of pugs.

at the point people should start taking initiative and forming large groups of people willing to work together via Voice Com, and kill it.

We tried that last night. What did we get? Only maybe half of the people came on comms and we had afk turrets and hordes of dead pugs laying around under Teq not wp’ing out. You really don’t understand what makes this frustrating do you?

But instead people post on forum about how hard it is and how pugs don’t do anything. The boss doesn’t scale, so having a cooperative group of people gathered by someone (this is where the initiative comes in) to kill him is what Anet intended

Which is exactly what people have been bringing up, this isn’t an Open World pug event, this is a guild event that mistakenly ended up in the open world. If the only way to get this event done is to be in or have connections with a major guild and have them all get on at the same time to accomplish it, why is it Open World? Why can you only get a reward from it once per day? Why is the entire event dependent on who gets on the 6 critical turrets? Why was that aspect so poorly imagined???

which ties back to bringing the community together.

No it doesn’t. It puts people at each others throats. This event sorely changes the entire cooperative atmosphere of the game and turns it into a “IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING GO HOME” event. Yea, that brings people together.

Doing that would easily solve the PUG problem

“Get in a guild and do it with them! Just exclude the pugs!”
Yet…
“It brings the community together!”
Man, I just can’t take you people seriously at all.

but only few servers have done that.

Good for them, my server (SoS) seems to have largely given up.
Guess I’ll just sit in the zone re-modding WoT after the update because at least there if I get a bunch of paste eaters I or my platoon can carry them.

Maybe people need to do some more thinking and less crying.

Your post was absolutely useless. The entire thing boils down to “not in a major guild? GTFO!”, “not on on the one time of day there’s guilds attacking? LOLWHOCARES! Y u no join beeg guild?”, or “Pugs aren’t the problem! You just have to exclude them/Get as many non-pugs as possible!” PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Tyty

Noty.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

The biggest issue I see with the content is that in 2 weeks when the new Living Story comes out, many players will move on from Tequatl. As difficult as it may be now, and don’t get me wrong, I like challenging content, imagine how impossible it will be once people get their title and move on. Without some form of balancing, my prediction is that Tequatl will become an abandoned event.

No doubt…absolutely no doubt at all… It’ll be like Balthazar except no one will do it

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Any content which necessitates the use of third software should be filed under broken. Unless ArenaNet intends to implement a voice chat system voice chat should not be necessary to succeed. As this is open world content you should be able to do with a bunch of strangers and still have a shot at succeeding. You currently do not. Ergo the content is broken and needs to be revised.

Clear enough for you?

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

UndeadRufus.6832

Why the resistance? What’s wrong with creating open world content that actually requires organization? Raidcall is free, and you can fit hundreds of users into a single channel.

Had Guild Wars 2 been billed as something that necessitated third-party in-game communication to be effective, I wouldn’t mind. Tequatl-ish content belongs in an instance, or needs to be constructed far better than this event, such that players can organize sufficiently in-game. I do not use VOIP, and I will not.

I don’t have any issues with them increasing the timer, but it shouldn’t be on the basis that servers refuse to band together and cooperate because they think Guild Wars 2 should continue churning out trivial content that requires zero organization. That is simply catering to communal failure and the refusal to adapt.

And here we have yet another incarnation of the “You Just Wanna Face-Roll” argument. Yawn, sigh, etc.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Otters.1567

Any content which necessitates the use of third software should be filed under broken. Unless ArenaNet intends to implement a voice chat system voice chat should not be necessary to succeed. As this is open world content you should be able to do with a bunch of strangers and still have a shot at succeeding. You currently do not. Ergo the content is broken and needs to be revised.

Clear enough for you?

An in game voice chat would be nice, would make a lot of sense, and it’s clear to me because I’ve already thought of that. Again it’s all human problems, obviously the servers that just get mad at eachother have no synergy. Nothing here is really broken, it’s just the server’s relationship. This can be proved by the servers that have beaten it. Maybe some day people will get rid of Zerg mentality and decide to work together, until then you just have to deal with all the human problems. Unless you guest and work with people that work together, what else do you really use it for anyways, besides dungeons. If anet nerfs this (not surprised if they do) then the chance of everyone getting title = “o cool you got that too…..”. And I don’t have the title, I’m pretty jelly.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Phineas Poe.3018

I do not use VOIP, and I will not.

Guild Wars 2 is an MMO. The idea that third-party VOIP software is used to complete content, whether open world or instanced, should not come as a surprise to you. Most top-tier PvE guilds use Raidcall/TS/Mumble for guild missions, dungeons, and fractals. Why should world events be different?

[EG], [CDS], and [GSCH] came together last night and downed him as a server. It was probably the most fun I had playing PvE in this game since day one, and it really pulled the community of the server together. I’m sorry your server is not as organized as Sanctum of Rall, Blackgate, or Desolation, but I do hope at some point one or two guilds on your server do step up and take the reins. There is a lot of film out there now with multiple methods to defeating him.

And here we have yet another incarnation of the “You Just Wanna Face-Roll” argument. Yawn, sigh, etc.

No, I just refuse to believe that ArenaNet should balance content on the basis that players refuse to actually coordinate their efforts. If most servers cannot defeat Tequatl even with VOIP software and doing their best to defeat Tequatl, then yes—it should be rebalanced. But the fight should not be rebalanced solely because you refuse to use VOIP clients or band together as a server.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

UndeadRufus.6832

It was meant for the majority that post about how hard it is, and it’s clear that they don’t think of a solution because they complain an hour after the update and expect easy kill on first day.

Nobody said that, at least not that I’ve seen. The majority complaints about this ridiculous event are completely justified.

I agree that needing VOIP is kind of dumb, but it’s what Anet wants, to bring the community together.

Unless I’ve missed something, ArenaNet never said they wanted people using third-party VOIP to play their game. That would be insane. This one event just so happens to be so poorly thought out, that resorting to highly-organized, raid-style runs with exotic equipment is about the only way to succeed — in a level 65 zone, mind you.

And so what if people threaten to leave.

Them leaving wasn’t my point. The event being frustrating, divisive and causing people to fight — that was my point.

At that point you can just guest to a lower populated server where people are actually willing to cooperate because they are used to working with what they got.

I don’t want to play on another server, and I shouldn’t have to.

The problem big servers have is zerg roll mentality people, the problem small servers have is no people. So if the “non zerg mentality people” from the larger servers came to work with the lower pop servers, then it would not only bring the community together from across servers, but also increase the chances of success.

The fact that any of that is even proposed serves as further evidence that the event is too difficult for its own good.

I’m just pointing out the reasons why Anet made it like this and why it should stay.

I don’t think your reasons are very good. And as I said before, if you have accurately conveyed ArenaNet’s intentions, then they have failed miserably, at least for most players at this time.

Defeating a dragon should be an awesome and amazing achievement, which is how it is now, not some face roll like EVERYTHING else in GW2.

Elitist posturing.

This is what makes those servers that killed it different from the others, a server that enjoys working with one-another and cooperates with each other, as a whole.

You mean that less-than-a-handful of servers, one of which used people from BG to complete the event, collectively constituting less than 1% of attempts (thin air estimate). Yeah.

P.S. I can see your point of view.

I don’t think you do, because you keep talking about some wonderful realm where massive PUGs routinely operate in perfect harmony, sing Kum Bah Ya, and overcome long odds on the path to victory. That doesn’t reflect the world I live in, and I’d wager that it doesn’t reflect yours. What you describe has its place, and it is not in a level ~65 open zone.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

UndeadRufus.6832

Why should world events be different?

Because they are world events.

[EG], [CDS], and [GSCH] came together last night and downed him as a server. It was probably the most fun I had playing PvE in this game since day one, and it really pulled the community of the server together. I’m sorry your server is not as organized as Sanctum of Rall, Blackgate, or Desolation, but I do hope at some point one or two guilds on your server do step up and take the reins. There is a lot of film out there now with multiple methods to defeating him.

An open PvE event shouldn’t need a guild or a cabal of guilds to “take the reins.” That’s kinda the whole point.

No,

Yes, that’s exactly what you did.

I just refuse to believe that ArenaNet should balance content on the basis that players refuse to actually coordinate their efforts.

I shouldn’t have to in open world. If you want to VOIP, take it to an instance and have fun.

If most servers cannot defeat Tequatl even with VOIP software and doing their best to defeat Tequatl, then yes—it should be rebalanced.

If ArenaNet has marketed their game as a cooperative experience requiring guilds and massive VOIP coordination, that would be fine. I would not play the game, but it would be fine. That isn’t the game I bought, however.

But the fight should not be rebalanced solely because you refuse to use VOIP clients or band together as a server.

Yes, it should. It’s also not so much a matter of refusal, but the simple practical unlikelihood of random PUGs being able to achieve that, let alone level ~65 players in the area for the first time even being equipped for it. The balance of that event right now is awful.

(edited by UndeadRufus.6832)

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Otters.1567

It was meant for the majority that post about how hard it is, and it’s clear that they don’t think of a solution because they complain an hour after the update and expect easy kill on first day.

Nobody said that, at least not that I’ve seen. The majority complaints about this ridiculous event are completely justified.

I agree that needing VOIP is kind of dumb, but it’s what Anet wants, to bring the community together.

Unless I’ve missed something, ArenaNet never said they wanted people using third-party VOIP to play their game. That would be insane. This one event just so happens to be so poorly thought out, that resorting to highly-organized, raid-style runs with exotic equipment is about the only way to succeed — in a level 65 zone, mind you.

And so what if people threaten to leave.

Them leaving wasn’t my point. The event being frustrating, divisive and causing people to fight — that was my point.

At that point you can just guest to a lower populated server where people are actually willing to cooperate because they are used to working with what they got.

I don’t want to play on another server, and I shouldn’t have to.

The problem big servers have is zerg roll mentality people, the problem small servers have is no people. So if the “non zerg mentality people” from the larger servers came to work with the lower pop servers, then it would not only bring the community together from across servers, but also increase the chances of success.

The fact that any of that is even proposed serves as further evidence that the event is too difficult for its own good.

I’m just pointing out the reasons why Anet made it like this and why it should stay.

I don’t think your reasons are very good. And as I said before, if you have accurately conveyed ArenaNet’s intentions, then they have failed miserably, at least for most players at this time.

Defeating a dragon should be an awesome and amazing achievement, which is how it is now, not some face roll like EVERYTHING else in GW2.

Elitist posturing.

This is what makes those servers that killed it different from the others, a server that enjoys working with one-another and cooperates with each other, as a whole.

You mean that less-than-a-handful of servers, one of which used people from BG to complete the event, collectively constituting less than 1% of attempts (thin air estimate). Yeah.

P.S. I can see your point of view.

I don’t think you do, because you keep talking about some wonderful realm where massive PUGs routinely operate in perfect harmony, sing Kum Bah Ya, and overcome long odds on the path to victory. That doesn’t reflect the world I live in, and I’d wager that it doesn’t reflect yours. What you describe has its place, and it is not in a level ~65 open zone.

Sigh… I’m going to just say ok, lol. I failed to voice my opinion, but I’m not going to change it. This game might not have been a good game to use open world raiding, most people like some people say, are not used to this kind of content, which I understand and I didn’t take that into consideration. Maybe if anet made content similar to this at the start of the game, this would be a lot better. It might get better though, slowly over time. But many are used to this kind of content and we don’t want it to be thrown away :/

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

The bottom line here is that a lot of people are currently stuck on overflows with no way out and that this does not make for an enjoyable gameplay experience. He needs to be tuned so that he is completable by your average overflow group assuming they put in some effort. But no, you should not need VoIP or any other third party tools to beat him. That is a blatant design error.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manuelito.6081

Manuelito.6081

Try again, or give up. That’s how it should be, it’s hard content afterall. You server still got… a lot of other world bosses to take down.

Agreed. If you want just the wings, they are easily obtainable. If you want the title, well…work for it (which means: know tactics and do you part and hope, if you are not in a big guild, that most of the players know what to do as well). If you do not succeed you will just lose a title and a couple of achievements… I do not see all this cry out for a nerf here… probably people are too used to click the “win” button.

[ROCK]
Desolation

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Snowblind.4371

Snowblind.4371

“Difficulty my kitten, that’s what you people think difficulty is? It’s a freaking lottery that’s out of peoples hands.”

Exactly. Tom Brady may be one of the greatest QB of all time but if no one catches his passes, they can’t win. The servers that are winning now are planned by large guilds. They snipe a particular overflow where they can choose who participates. This is not pug capable content. If that’s the intention, then so be it. But if you planned for strangers to rally together and somehow succeed you are sorely mistaken.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

It is PUG capable content. The PUGs will figure it out over time, you will see. Too many people are still first timers to the content and thus high failure rate. Overtime the PUG population will collectively become more experienced until you are left with only PUG members that know what they are doing, or are able to direct less useful people more appropriately.

Hard content is hard, get over it….

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

It is PUG capable content. The PUGs will figure it out over time, you will see. Too many people are still first timers to the content and thus high failure rate. Overtime the PUG population will collectively become more experienced until you are left with only PUG members that know what they are doing, or are able to direct less useful people more appropriately.

The question is, will they still bother? On some servers Karka Queen is a dead event. Same as Balthazar. Even though both are way easier from Tequatl.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Phineas Poe.3018

Why should world events be different?

Because they are world events.

This is a non-answer. “Because they are world events” establishes nothing.

There is more than enough open-world content out there for players that are simply looking to have a good time. There are champion farming trains in Frostgorge Sound. There are dynamic events all throughout the world, many of which got their own revisions in Tuesday’s patch.

And even of all the world event bosses we have just one dragon—a major plot device of the game no less—that has been revamped and requires a high level of organization to complete it.

People complained for months about the renown heart system. About dynamic events. About everything. About how open world PvE didn’t create a communal atmosphere. That the second events end, everyone goes separate directions no closer bonded to each other.

They now finally introduce an event that pulls guilds of the same server together and asks them to work together, and you prefer that they nerf it? You prefer that people don’t have to directly communicate with each other?

You would rather that “hard” content only take place behind gated instances while on the same token attacking those that defend ArenaNet’s design choices here as “elitist?” Because I actually believe in the ability of the average player and think most servers should be able to defeat Tequatl once they drop barriers and start working together?

Sorry, that just doesn’t resonate with me. And I really hope it doesn’t resonate with ArenaNet either, because I think they would rather see what is going on in SoR, Deso, and BG and hope other servers get the idea. And this is the direction I hope Guild Wars 2 continues to head towards.

I really hope they do not cave under the pressure of your own impatience because you outright refuse to use VOIP clients to complete what is perhaps the most entertaining open world content they’ve ever released.

My own final thoughts on the matter. Feel free to tear it apart quote by quote if you like.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

(edited by Phineas Poe.3018)

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Awe.1096

Awe.1096

… to complete what is perhaps the most entertaining open world content they’ve ever released. …

That reminds of my old “discussions” with a friend about Skyrim. I claimed it to be game of the year and he claimed it to be a worthless piece of kitten and a disgrace to an RPG genre. Lots of words, anger and stuff like that. And of course all of this pointless, to this day we stand with our same mindsets. So now a question. Was Skyrim a Game of the Year or was it the worst RPG of a decade? Is the jury on? If so, they might as well tell us if Tequatl is the best update Arena ever did or the worst update Arena ever did. I will find voices supporting both.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Tequatl in the current form is not substainable content. The elitists who got him will not go back to him, they already got their buzz. And the casuals wont put themselves through the pain for nothing. The reward is downright kitten.

If nothing is done to make Tequatl interesting, it will be a boss thats just skipped all the time. And the way to do that is to level out the effort/reward inbalance that currently exists.
Either by nerfing it severely, or drastically buffing the loot.

Again, current Tequatl is going to be ignored when the buzz wears off. I’m gona guess within two weeks.
Elitist content in general has no substainability. When the novelty wears off for the 1%’ers the content is redundant. And the rest of the playerbase never got fun with that content to begin with.

Thats a lot of effort for content that isnt reaching and entertaining the overwhelming majority of the playerbase and soon to be left neglected.

(edited by Terrahero.9358)

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Draknar.5748

The question is, will they still bother? On some servers Karka Queen is a dead event. Same as Balthazar. Even though both are way easier from Tequatl.

If the rewards are substantial then yes. If we’re talking 2 blues, a green and a yellow item, then it will ghost town pretty quick and/or once all the achieves are achieved it will ghost town (why do something significantly harder if you can get the same rewards from significantly easier content). But if, say, Teq has a significantly higher Exotic/Pre-cursor drop rate, then it will be run quite often, and odds are the experienced people, even if they get stuck in Overflow, will become quite vocal in exactly how the fight needs to go and pretty much harass people into learning the fight. In the end everyone wants to maximize gains.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: General Belisarius.2548

General Belisarius.2548

this needs either a nerf or a re design. not meant for open world its just terrible. most people will never get a chance to accually have a serrious go because they cannever get out of overflows. this is horrible and not fun and for those that have done it good foryou but understand not everyone even gets the chance. some people arnt LUCKY enough to be in a map without turret trolls or afkers

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Phineas Poe.3018

Tequatl in the current form is not substainable content. The elitists who got him will not go back to him, they already got their buzz. And the casuals wont put themselves through the pain for nothing. The reward is downright kitten.

Yeah. People said the same thing about Karka Queen. SoR kills her pretty much every day, often more than once.

As for people returning to Tequatl, you get 1 gold plus chance for huge rewards for 15 minutes of effort. I’d say it’s worth it. Its rewards are a lot better than Jormag’s for less time investment, and that fight still puts servers into overflow.

[EG] Ethereal Guardians

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Yeah. People said the same thing about Karka Queen. SoR kills her pretty much every day, often more than once.

As for people returning to Tequatl, you get 1 gold plus chance for huge rewards for 15 minutes of effort. I’d say it’s worth it.

15 minutes! Wow, I mean it’s great if you don’t include the 15 hours waiting to get in your server! Fun stuff!

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Lostwingman.5034

hope, if you are not in a big guild, that most of the players know what to do as well

Do you people not understand that THAT is what has people up in arms?
That it is virtually useless to do this event outside of the daily because you’re not going to have that kind of organization most servers?
No, ofc not. To people like you it’s just “HURR DURR U NO LIEK CHALLENGE!!!”.
No, we like challenges, we just don’t like having our efforts be completely at the mercy of “I play how I wants”.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Lostwingman.5034

It is PUG capable content. The PUGs will figure it out over time, you will see.

No they won’t.
Not in the numbers you need and the activity you need.
“Stand here when pressing 1” and “Stand here to avoid attack” are not the same as what pugs need to learn to do this event.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Vincesco.8340

Vincesco.8340

Dont Nerf!!! Time to Work out. No more petting by yo mamas + papas kiddys. Get your kitten done!!!

Kleiner K

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

UndeadRufus.6832

This is a non-answer. “Because they are world events” establishes nothing.

It establishes that it is not an event which I should reasonably expect to be completed only via large guilds “taking the reins” and guiding the unwashed masses to victory. That isn’t what I paid for, but apparently it’s what you think everybody should accept.

…requires a high level of organization to complete it.

When it should not, as the near-total failure rate seems to suggest so far.

People complained for months about the renown heart system. About dynamic events. About everything. About how open world PvE didn’t create a communal atmosphere. That the second events end, everyone goes separate directions no closer bonded to each other.

And even more people stood up for those systems, because those of us who followed the game, pre-purchased and participated in betas — we knew exactly what to expect. And ArenaNet kinda-sorta delivered, or was at least positioned to. Unfortunately, a lot of people came into GW2 expecting WoW2, and that wasn’t reasonable. This beast is a wee bit different.

They now finally introduce an event that pulls guilds of the same server together and asks them to work together, and you prefer that they nerf it?

It doesn’t really do that, especially not in any substantial fashion, and yes.

You prefer that people don’t have to directly communicate with each other?

If by “directly communicate” you mean conduct raid-like operations with mega-guilds over VOIP, yes.

You would rather that “hard” content only take place behind gated instances

No, and I never said or implied that. I said the content requiring raid-like organization and VOIP be restricted to instances. I’m fine with hard content, but I guess that depends on what you mean by “hard.” I would be fine with Tequatl if a competent PUG had a chance in the Underworld of defeating him, but you yourself have more or less acknowledged that this is probably not going to work very often.

while on the same token attacking those that defend ArenaNet’s design choices here as “elitist?”

I don’t think I’ve once referred to someone as “elitist” for defending the boss event. I play the elitism card on those defenders who attack/insult other players with some variant of “L2P,” or accuse players of wanting to face-roll the event, which is exactly what you and many others have done both on this forum and in the game. It is by far the most unpleasant experience I have had in the game to date for this reason alone, not even including my actual complaints about Tequatl.

Because I actually believe in the ability of the average player and think most servers should be able to defeat Tequatl once they drop barriers and start working together?

Apparently not, since you equate any complaint about the difficulty to wanting to face-roll the boss. Nobody has said that—people have in fact gone out of their way to insist this isn’t the case—yet the myth persists.

Sorry, that just doesn’t resonate with me. And I really hope it doesn’t resonate with ArenaNet either, because I think they would rather see what is going on in SoR, Deso, and BG and hope other servers get the idea. And this is the direction I hope Guild Wars 2 continues to head towards.

If ArenaNet wants my future business, and maybe that of a lot of people, they’d better at least think it over.

I really hope they do not cave under the pressure of your own impatience because you outright refuse to use VOIP clients to complete what is perhaps the most entertaining open world content they’ve ever released.

Oh, so it’s “impatience” now, eh? Sorry, but I don’t find misery, elitism, ballooning wp/repair costs, third-party communication solutions, and gross imbalance to be all that entertaining.

My own final thoughts on the matter. Feel free to tear it apart quote by quote if you like.

Your permission -> not required.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Draknar.5748

It is PUG capable content. The PUGs will figure it out over time, you will see.

No they won’t.
Not in the numbers you need and the activity you need.
“Stand here when pressing 1” and “Stand here to avoid attack” are not the same as what pugs need to learn to do this event.

One day you will eat those words. There will never be an overflow where 100% are complete noobs. Someone will know what is going on and will instruct via Map chat. All of those complete noobs will (hopefully) read the direction. Likely wipe anyway, but they are now one step closer to understanding the fight.

It can be as easy as making sure that only knowledgeable people get on the turrets. That in itself will prevent a lot of the BS waste of time that is happening right now.

This isn’t a 2week LS event, Teq will be like this FOREVER. The noobs will stop being noobs, it will happen, you shall see.

Prediction: 60 days from now everyone will be congratulating Anet on how awesome that fight is. Even all of the people who keep whining about failure will likely have completed it at least once by then and you’ll only hear crickets from complainers. Time will tell I suppose.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

Everybody understands the fight by now. Protect the turrets, ball up, have turrets support and deal damage to the big gorilla. The issue is getting enough people with the right specs and the right damage dealing capabilities. The fight is a DPS race and a bunch of randoms in blues will make it impossible. This is why random overflows will never complete it.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cheerful.2583

Cheerful.2583

Prediction: 60 days from now everyone will be congratulating Anet on how awesome that fight is. Even all of the people who keep whining about failure will likely have completed it at least once by then and you’ll only hear crickets from complainers. Time will tell I suppose.

i doubt that. every 2-4weeks new content. there are the ppl. rest of the area on low-mid servers are deserted.

(edited by Cheerful.2583)

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Lostwingman.5034

One day you will eat those words.

And one day I’ll marry into a billionaire family and blow Benz’s and Lexus’s up for my own amusement.

Maybe.

The problem isn’t that “people will eventually learn!”, the problem is that all it takes is one or two who haven’t learned to be on the turrets. You know, that critical “success or failure” mechanic in the event? The one that is completely dependent on a small minority of the overall group knowing what they are doing? Hell they don’t even need to not know what they are doing, just go afk on it waiting on the dragon and accidentally miss it…oops.
But sure, keep overlooking the glaring hole in the event.

Also yea…about the 60 days from now comment….unless they change the loot there’s no point. Some of the bigger servers might still do it every now and then but even the QD champ circuit blows this out of the water….badly.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Erika.8256

Erika.8256

Right now events fail either because people don’t know the event yet and haven’t read tactics or watched the videos. Another reason for failing is having too many AFK players. Yet another reason is players being unwilling to listen, learn and do as they are told – most prefer to go afk or argue as obviously, they know better.

Want examples?

Me: “Please target Tequatl everytime you press 2 so it doesn’t hit something else”
Random person at another turret: " Neah, i’m better than that… "
Later in the fight: " Umz…please…stop hitting the fingers with the 2nd skill "

Want more proof?

“Please dodge or jump over waves. If you have FPS issues, place things at low and disable following settings (list of settings..). If you still have issues, go defend instead”
Later in the fight: 15+ dead and several whining about FPS while being dead

Another example:
“Please teleport to waypoint if you’re dead. We will ress the downed, but some will die eventually – please, don’t waste the DPS making us spend triple the time ressing you”
Later on in the fight: "Guys, rez please! " ; " REZZ ME!! " ; “OMG, REZ ME”; “Why are you guys so elitist?! spend a few seconds to rezz me”;

Even explaining that we had a 0.001% wipe previously due to lack of dps at that hour…people still remained dead.

Yet another example:
“Don’t use berserk if you’re dpsing tequatl. Use soldier/cleric etc etc. "
Random person: “Pft, I can use berserk!”
Later on: …berserkers usually die faster or get 1 shotted if multiple poisons;

And the list goes on…endlessly. People need to stop for a second and actually listen to those of us trying to help. Really…it’s all it takes. We offer advise on builds, utility skills, rotations, positions, gear etc etc. But half of what we say is ignored.

So yes, you will get it done – you just need to make people listen to you somehow. And you won’t get it by whining or crying etc. Speak nicely to people, don’t insult and actually talk. Convince players to join you into discussing it. Furthermore, guilds that belong to all servers are appearing just to organize for tequatl. This patch made us communicate, discuss, theorycraft, bond and enjoy the time spent, as well as offer us that “1% wipe feeling” that drives you crazy and motivates at the same time.

Not everyone wants the same type of content – it’s fine, you have other dragons. Just come back later when more servers have the entire fight figured out. Or ask the guilds to help your server. Just…communicate and try to solve it, not “erase” it.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Content should get progressively harder, not easier.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: folly dragon.4126

folly dragon.4126

I admit, I didnt read everyones post, just the first few.

As far as toughness is concerned, its great if it was instanced and made on a less scale of people as raids. It would also be okay if you didnt have overflows and we could actually bring our individual servers community together. As it stands currently, your thrown in an overflow, not even an overflow for your own server, so coordinating as put a horde of pugs from different servers is practically undoable.

So maybe on the overflows where organization is bad because bunch of misfits are thrown at each other should be tweaked down quite a bit, afterall, its not my fault that I will never ever see sparkfly fen on my home server again for at least 3 months.

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Rofl it’s like people never played hard content before, too many people crying about nerf.
They clearly state that it’s going be to really hard, and people expect to kill it 1rst day, i rofl. This kind of content is meant for people willing to spend a lot of time learning and working together to complete a single objective, killing a world boss. And yes, i know people will say the old “omg but pug no listen and with pug cant do, pls nerf”. I see this all the time rofl. Killing Teq is an awesome achievement, but everyone killing Teq is going be as cool as finishing one of your daily objectives. Anet please don’t give in to all the people asking for a nerf, because it’s going to be the same repeated cycle of hard content nerf, easy content complain…

(Any early EQ/EQ2 player will most likely agree, because contested mob raiding was probably 5 times harder than this)

I will see you at a TQ spawn in 1 month’s time. We shall have a blast defeating him together. ^.^

DON'T NERF

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tradewind.6913

Tradewind.6913

I’ve yet to do Teq on anything but an Overflow, partly because I am too lazy to try and jam my way into my server’s group right now. As a result, I’ve seen him at 80% at best! But the best part, I don’t even care!

More and more people are killing it, learning the fight and what to do and what not to do. It will eventually get easier. In the meantime, I’m having a blast seeing overflow failing miserably at it and watching him hulksmash the megalaser.