Did you really expect to beat it in one?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m actually a little sickened by the reaction to this. Did you seriously just assume you would walk into this and destroy it without any preparation? You saw a video, maybe, and so you assumed you were prepared for everything it had to offer, really?

Yeah, you’ve been taught, up to this point, that GW2 is trivial. You’re supposed to be able to just face roll everything, right? So much so that there has been a clamoring outcry to bring in non-trivial content. They do that, but what? You didn’t mean it? Content that takes effort to complete is not actually what you wanted? Have a little pride, would you? If you can’t handle it, don’t play it. Stop complaining cause you can’t beat it, over and over. Get over yourself and move on. Someone else who actually has the backbone and the skill will fill in for you, don’t worry.

Go run your low level Fractals, or run face first into keeps. Go to your jumping puzzles, or hanging around in taverns in Divinity’s Reach. Go do trivial content, this is meant for those with a higher calling. This is meant for those who can lose and come back for more.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

No. And im ok with that.

(edited by Moderator)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

I don’t expect to beat it right away, but I do expect to at least have a chance. If we got him down to 50-75%, maybe. But keep in mind my server is one of the highest populated and most organized (Blackgate), and on the main server, it was maybe down to the 85-90% range.

It was fun, and I liked it, but 15 minutes for 10-15% of his health, then getting 50c for all that time isn’t fun.

And if you think people are going to keep doing this in a few weeks, maybe even a few days, if the event consistently fails with no sign of getting close to beating it and next to no reward, then I don’t think you know the GW2 community very well.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Nope, and i’m glad people did’nt.

I like difficult content, and we got used to zerging so this is a nice challenge. People seem to forget that often Raid bosses take weeks to kill, the first time you went to the UW in GW1 you got mashed by an aataxe and even getting to rastigans house in FoW was an achievement.

I can understand the frustration due to lag, but if you are on a turret and it happens get off and let someone else who has’nt have a go.

I love you can fail this event, as you can’t fail anything else in game unless you run out of money or patience.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: NoxInfernus.2361

NoxInfernus.2361

If you got him down to 50% on your servers First try … CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ROCK!
That’s darn good for a first go out, on content that was designed to give you the Difficulty that many, many players have been asking for.
Check some of the whine posts and you will see, 50% is nothing to be ashamed of.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

Being unable to get him to even 75% and his first laser stage is discouraging. Don’t yet know if that was due to players or the encounter. Won’t be able to tell for several more cycles of the fight.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Progression bosses are fine in instances where progression guilds also exist. In that scenario, you are playing with generally the same group of people and you all learn. In the open world in a game with no other real progression, that group of people will be different. I am not sure any real progression will occur. If it doesn’t, all the time and effort to develop this will fail.

Know what you are and do what you do best – for gw2, I don’t think it is progression bosses.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

I gotta agree with the OP.

I expected a lot of complaints and problems with this new content but not even 24 hours in? Come on, guys, give it a few days and a several more tries then kitten what’s wrong and what’s fine. Personally, I think the large number of people needed and the co-ordination will be the issue. It’s very hard to organize even large groups of dedicated players, let alone a huge group of casuals, dedicated, hardcore, trolling and clueless ones.

But we shall see, right?

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sungam.9204

Sungam.9204

The problem with this fight is that in order to get a reward for the group the 6 people on the cannons have to be spot on with all their hits which is far too much to ask in an 80 man PUG raid.

If you get 1-2 afkers on cannon, what are you going to do? It ruins the whole fight for 80 people. It’s not like WvW siege you can’t kick the bad people off the cannon.

The fight has very interesting mechanics, but the scaling leaves much to be desired for its PUG nature.