Eredon Terrace: VICTORY!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nekomata.3147

Nekomata.3147

Yup! Eredon Terrace succeeded today!

Here’s the video link~! (Forgive my horrible skills in both camera and the actual game!)

http://www.livestream.com/nekosspritingcorner/video?clipId=pla_6ef57699-7c31-4026-b2e3-ac426f611cae

Thanks a ton to Blackgate people for helping us with Teamspeak and such!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

1. Everyone guests to Blackgate.
2. Blackgate guests to Eredon Terrace.
3. Blackgate kills Teq in Eredon Terrace.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

hehe love it

good work

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Grats to you guys

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

All right SF, ET beat it with help…we can do it without it.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Nihevil.8024

Nihevil.8024

You’re welcome bros! Glad to help out, we may be on another server tomorrow(Maybe!)!

Elitism in Guild Wars 2. http://i.imgur.com/ZGnzBCI.gif

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: iEuthanasia.2306

iEuthanasia.2306

Too late SF, you’re next.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

We will take BG to sorrows furnace next!

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Talic.9608

Talic.9608

Guild JL from Blackgate bringing your Tequatl kills to random Low-population servers. Tomorrow’s server is still undecided but we may bring it to you next.

[JL] Just Leave it to us
Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Nekomata.3147

Let’s not turn this into a competition. There were plenty of local ET players there too- and I DID thank Black Gate for the help.

The event is a LOT more fun when you’re actually doing well in it. I wish all other servers luck- with or without help.

I’m forming a guild that will be dedicated to killing Tequatl- so we will organize when we can.

in Tequatl Rising

Madora.9340

You’re lucky I’m not home at the moment because I’m not a big fan of the guesting thing. We’ve got the PvE force to do it, we even have leadership, we just need to get everyone together and marshaled much like BG did and I’m sure we can do it on our own. Nobody seems to believe me, though, and that’s a shame.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

We will take BG to sorrows furnace next!

Please don’t. Many of us SF residents already can’t even get into the zone. You guys guesting will just make the overflow situation on SF even worse. Not to mention we’d like to puzzle it out ourselves instead of another server’s players doing it for us.

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Meanwhile many BG natives who finally go into the server for the first time got screwed over by this little expedition.

We did get it down to about 30-35% without them though.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

The thing is that if BG comes to “help” your server, then that just means natives of that server don’t get the rewards.

in Tequatl Rising

Talic.9608

There will be a lot of spots for natives in the server that BG guests to. If Blackgate’s main server wasn’t perma queued by people that know we can pull it off this expedition to other low pop servers may never happen.

[JL] Just Leave it to us
Blackgate

(edited by Talic.9608)

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

There will be a lot of spots for natives in the server that BG guests to.

If the server they visit already has issues with overflows, that means BG is denying that server’s native population from participating with their fellow servermates. Instead of coming to SF, please “help” low pop servers who don’t have overflow issues instead.

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Ill tell you what happened.

Anet dropped a patch in the middle of teq.

So all the people who KNEW what they were doing on black gate logged out patched after teq could not get back in that includes commanders and all. All the guesters that were trying to guest then took their spots.

So we decided we will go to a low pop server. When we went to ET there were literally like 3 people in the teq area….. thus we setup shop. Got to 1% the first time, downed it the second with ET natives.

Had there not been stupid guesting on servers for these types of events and the caps that are in place things like this wouldn’t have to be done.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: aaronrexroot.2075

aaronrexroot.2075

Manoa, this is pretty much what is happening to Blackgate currently from all the other people guesting over.

What happened: with the new build from the patch, those who were dedicated on Blackgate were fighting Teq in the old build, while those who patched got in. In order to get everyone that was in BG Teamspeak and ready to fight organized, we all went to ET.

Unfortunately, with the population in Blackgate (both guests and local) getting everyone in who is active and on Teamspeak guesting to a low population server seems to be the best option for us.

Regardless, our guesting to ET showed other people the general strategy. With proper organization other servers can do it as well. Eventually it won’t even be necessary for all the teamspeak once people know the mechanics and how best to deal damage.

in Tequatl Rising

Talic.9608

We guested to ET because we knew it wouldn’t have overflows. It had very few people in it’s main instance and like Namu said we set up shop and got it done with a lot of ET natives while also teaching our strats to them. If Blackgate group switching between low-population servers is unwanted we will make sure it doesnt happen tomorrow. In reality we will basically have to start filling and joining people on our own main BG server atleast 2 hours prior to reset to have a shot of getting a small portion of our guys into it in time. Also SF guesting wasn’t ever decided on so we’ll rethink tomorrow a couple hours prior to restart on which server we’ll do.

[JL] Just Leave it to us
Blackgate

(edited by Talic.9608)

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

If you guys don’t like what is going on with guesting, please lead by example and don’t guest to those servers who don’t need the help. SF has an incredibly active PvE side and we’re most certainly not a low pop server when it comes to the PvE side of things. We’re already dealing with overflow issues. And every time you guys do this, it’s seen as another BG success, not that server’s success. Not to mention you guys got the opportunity to puzzle it out for yourselves. Please let those other servers with adequate populations have the opportunity to puzzle it out for ourselves.

Henge of Denravi

in Tequatl Rising

Madora.9340

Manoa, this is pretty much what is happening to Blackgate currently from all the other people guesting over.

What happened: with the new build from the patch, those who were dedicated on Blackgate were fighting Teq in the old build, while those who patched got in. In order to get everyone that was in BG Teamspeak and ready to fight organized, we all went to ET.

Unfortunately, with the population in Blackgate (both guests and local) getting everyone in who is active and on Teamspeak guesting to a low population server seems to be the best option for us.

Regardless, our guesting to ET showed other people the general strategy. With proper organization other servers can do it as well. Eventually it won’t even be necessary for all the teamspeak once people know the mechanics and how best to deal damage.

But our server isn’t low population though, last time I remember, it was high.

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

If Blackgate group switching between low-population servers is unwanted we will make sure it doesnt happen tomorrow.

Thank you. Instead of pinpointing servers for help without asking them, perhaps you should reach out to the other server communities to see if your help is wanted or needed. There may be some low-pop servers who don’t have the population base that could use the help (like ET). But I can tell ya that SF has an adequate population base for this and is already dealing with overflow issues. You guys guesting onto SF will just compound the problem.

Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

All I know is that when we checked there were hardely any in the map…. we were able to pretty effortlessly get our entire TS into the map, only some stragglers hit overflow.

Many of the ET Natives loved the help and seeing how its killed, if anything it raised morale. I think tomorrow ET will have much better time with the event and more people from their server show up.

in Tequatl Rising

Talic.9608

Guesting to SF next was never decided on so if it’s unwanted I will make sure it doesn’t happen

[JL] Just Leave it to us
Blackgate

(edited by Talic.9608)

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

We’re still at “High” population. While we have a lower population base compared to BG, we’re by no means a “low pop server.” And if folks are using WvW ranking as a gauge for what is “low pop,” it’s going to be a poor gauge for servers like SF (which are predominately PvE servers, but struggle with all-hours coverage in WvW).

Henge of Denravi

in Tequatl Rising

Talic.9608

Again the people talking about guesting to SF aren’t in the position of making that decision and may even be natives to SF themselves trying to get it done on SF server. I can tell you right now that SF will not happen tomorrow.

[JL] Just Leave it to us
Blackgate

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

Guesting to SF next was never decided on so if it’s unwanted I will make sure it doesn’t happen.

Much appreciated guys. Give us some time. If we do find that we end up needing your assistance after all, we’ll be in touch.

Henge of Denravi

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Guesting to SF next was never decided on so if it’s unwanted I will make sure it doesn’t happen.

Much appreciated guys. Give us some time. If we do find that we end up needing your assistance after all, we’ll be in touch.

I sure hope you’re speaking for the majority, lol. I’d hate to see you tarred and feathered by your own server.

in Tequatl Rising

Manoa.5897

Come and help us in UW! please let us know when is this organised event on so I can inform guildies to be prepared too!

It’s a shame BG is an NA server and can’t guest onto the EU servers. It sounds like some of the EU servers could probably use the extra bodies and would likely welcome the help.

Henge of Denravi

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: WaT.7856

WaT.7856

So basically we proved that servers like ET have already given up the fight on day 2 considering there were no overflows (or even close). I think this says something about the longevity of Teq for a normal server.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amok Threeohthree.8501

Amok Threeohthree.8501

Feel free to come to IoJ in about 7 hours please

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

I would not trust the “High” and “Low” as gauges of population, it is probably based on total number of accounts on the server even if the player has quit months ago. I base population on WvW ranks, not the most accurate but better than what ANet provides.

Eredon’s Terrace is ranked 20th out of 24th, so we are one of the lower populated servers.

in Tequatl Rising

Nekomata.3147

I would like to say- as a Eredon Terrace local- I am GRATEFUL to Blackgate’s help. They taught us the strategy and helped many local ET players get loot.

in Tequatl Rising

Talic.9608

Thanks Nekomata for getting the point of guesting to ET across

[JL] Just Leave it to us
Blackgate

(edited by Talic.9608)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

ahah that’s awesome. appreciate your gratefulness as well, Nekomata.
i think key is that ET learned, and now they can continue to teach their own server, or help others as well.

tbh, i don’t get all the people crowding BG. sorry, bros. but glad you gusy found a way “around it”. keep teaching and fighting the good fight!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

BG, make an overflow win.

Challenge accepted? Eh? Eh?

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

in Tequatl Rising

Nekomata.3147

Here’s the thing with Blackgate guesting to ET…

Before Blackgate showed up: We had maybe 30 people fighting Tequatl… Then Blackgate came and helped- bumped our numbers of by another 30 or 40. Then word got around and other ET locals came rushing in what seemed like their best chance for victory. Of course- other servers heard BG was there- and they came rushing too- hence the creation of the overflow.

A lot of Eredon Terrace locals got loot, experience- and (in my opinion) the best time we’ve had on GW2. Could we have done it without BG’s help? I’ll put my pride as a ET local aside and say this: Probably not.

But now, we know how to fight Tequatl. An hour and a half later- another fight- it seems hope for victory is up because a lot of people showed up- enough for overflow (Blackgate left)- and while we didn’t win- we had our best run in a while (not counting the BG help runs). We got him to 1/2 health and got the Flawless Defense Achievement.

Bottom line is- BG helped us not only by giving us our first victory- but showing us first hand what to do. Therefor- I am grateful to the Blackgate guests for helping. Even if we had not won with them- I’m still grateful.

Isn’t this what the event is supposed to do? Bring together players to fight? Okay- so guesting is gonna happen a lot more- but what fun is this event with 30 people and getting slaughtered nonstop. Being able to fight, survive- and see the hope of victory is great! It makes it more fun with more people.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KorKor.9452

KorKor.9452

Well good on you peeps helping out a low population server. I hope they learned enough to keep it going on their own hopefully. I’ve guested to a few of those servers to do certain achievements where nobody was around and even LA was kinda empty. It’s sad people only care about rolling or guesting only to already overpopulated servers instead of helping build up a new one no matter what MMORPG they are in.

So good on you and continue the trend.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

Here’s the thing with Blackgate guesting to ET…

Before Blackgate showed up: We had maybe 30 people fighting Tequatl… Then Blackgate came and helped- bumped our numbers of by another 30 or 40. Then word got around and other ET locals came rushing in what seemed like their best chance for victory. Of course- other servers heard BG was there- and they came rushing too- hence the creation of the overflow.

A lot of Eredon Terrace locals got loot, experience- and (in my opinion) the best time we’ve had on GW2. Could we have done it without BG’s help? I’ll put my pride as a ET local aside and say this: Probably not.

But now, we know how to fight Tequatl. An hour and a half later- another fight- it seems hope for victory is up because a lot of people showed up- enough for overflow (Blackgate left)- and while we didn’t win- we had our best run in a while (not counting the BG help runs). We got him to 1/2 health and got the Flawless Defense Achievement.

Bottom line is- BG helped us not only by giving us our first victory- but showing us first hand what to do. Therefor- I am grateful to the Blackgate guests for helping. Even if we had not won with them- I’m still grateful.

Isn’t this what the event is supposed to do? Bring together players to fight? Okay- so guesting is gonna happen a lot more- but what fun is this event with 30 people and getting slaughtered nonstop. Being able to fight, survive- and see the hope of victory is great! It makes it more fun with more people.

thats awesome. you guys will get it soon!

in Tequatl Rising

Nekomata.3147

I’m confident with some time we can begin to kill Tequatl more consistently- or at least come close. We didn’t even use Teamspeak in our last attempt- but the map chat helped a bit with that. Just gotta find a way to type commands quickly and effectively. xD

And let’s face it- this fight is FUN when you’re not being brutally slaughtered and actually have a chance of winning. xD

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Congratulations on the victory, ET.

Now that that’s out of the way, I wanna sulk a bit. As a native BG resident who just suffered through the single most pathetic attempt at anything in this game I’ve ever seen I feel cheated on knowing that my fellow BGers were off succeeding somewhere else.

Edit: “cheated on”, not “cheated”…funny how the omission of a tiny, two letter word can completely change the context of an entire post.

(edited by darkace.8925)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

That’s awesome.

in Tequatl Rising

Nekomata.3147

Darkace- the main reason BG people are guesting other servers was the influx of people guesting BG as a result of their first victory. Be proud that your server is helping the rest of the servers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

Congratulations on the victory, ET.

Now that that’s out of the way, I wanna sulk a bit. As a native BG resident who just suffered through the single most pathetic attempt at anything in this game I’ve ever seen I feel cheated on knowing that my fellow BGers were off succeeding somewhere else.

Edit: “cheated on”, not “cheated”…funny how the omission of a tiny, two letter word can completely change the context of an entire post.

blame ANET for their terrible design of guesting and or mobs that require hilarious amount of people and alot of coordination and not allowing enough to be in each zone.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KeyLee.4605

KeyLee.4605

There were like 10+ people from our guild (FSAE) when BG guested to our server. Even our Guildies that were in overflow got in just fine joining through party. I don’t see there being an issue with guesting as it didn’t keep anyone from ET that wanted to get in from getting in. Use your guildies or friends from party to join that way. I think it was a good thing they came because it’s a learning lesson of strategy and great commanding on a small server. Thanks BG.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: The Eternal Grace.3157

The Eternal Grace.3157

There were like 10+ people from our guild (FSAE) when BG guested to our server. Even our Guildies that were in overflow got in just fine joining through party. I don’t see there being an issue with guesting as it didn’t keep anyone from ET that wanted to get in from getting in. Use your guildies or friends from party to join that way. I think it was a good thing they came because it’s a learning lesson of strategy and great commanding on a small server. Thanks BG.

Maybe it isn’t affecting your lower-population servers, but a server that is high-population AND successfully took him down now has probably thousands of players guesting to Blackgate…making myself, a member of Blackgate, disappointed and frustrated because I can’t even play with my own community. At the time being, guesting is broken.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

Maybe it isn’t affecting your lower-population servers, but a server that is high-population AND successfully took him down now has probably thousands of players guesting to Blackgate…making myself, a member of Blackgate, disappointed and frustrated because I can’t even play with my own community. At the time being, guesting is broken.

I would be angry if I were you too, but at the same time you can’t blame the low pop players. I think it will simmer down by next week.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: KeyLee.4605

KeyLee.4605

Guest with your server.. They’re on your Teamspeak. They’ll tell you where to go. Surely you have a guildie or a a friend on the server they’re doing it on that you can party with and easily join by skipping the overflows. We had a fairly large guild come from BG to join us on WVW a couple months ago (IOM) and that’s improved our wvw significantly. I think it’s a good thing to have people from the top servers to have the ability to guest and help very low populated servers. What’s fun in always being #1 when you can’t go any higher all the time? I would think it would be a lot more fun/challenging to join a low populated server that’s proud and help them grow or even kill a dragon from time to time. Sounds more rewarding to me.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

I saw a few people in my guild call out that teq was up at that time, but I didn’t try.

So…It required outside help?
What about when the next living story arrives?

Many congratulations to those who beat him!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: iEuthanasia.2306

iEuthanasia.2306

You’re lucky I’m not home at the moment because I’m not a big fan of the guesting thing. We’ve got the PvE force to do it, we even have leadership, we just need to get everyone together and marshaled much like BG did and I’m sure we can do it on our own. Nobody seems to believe me, though, and that’s a shame.

It was a joke, really. I am just a lowly BG peon and follow the masses. It was a, seemingly, terrible attempt at forum humor. :P