Few Anet posts

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Onshidesigns.1069

Onshidesigns.1069

Does that mean Anet thinks there are problems with the Tequatl fight?

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

116 posts from ArenaNet in the first 3 pages of the SAB forum, 91 of them in the thread titled “Is it too hard”, ironic eh !

Just 6 posts from ArenaNet in the first 7 pages of this forum.

Form your own conclusions.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

116 posts from ArenaNet in the first 3 pages of the SAB forum, 91 of them in the thread titled “Is it too hard”, ironic eh !

I think this was a way bigger disaster than SAB. I am curious how overall participation compares. I bet SAB had more, even if they were split into many 5-player instances.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Was about to make this same exact post…..

When something is trending well for them, they’re all over it like Skritt on Shinies
….Instead here, you barely heard from any of them, and there’s already a TA-A forum now opened which tells us they also just want to get this disappointment behind them.

It’s a lot like the Dynamic Events subforum itself right now. …You’d expect something that’s the biggest selling point of the whole game, to have a lot more Dev or atleast CR presence in it….. NOPE, chuck testa

So my prediction on this remains the same: It will die off completely once ahievements are achieved by 1/3 of the population while the other 2/3’s quietly moans that they felt cheated here…. then eventually there will be a patch that scales back this silly and incredibly NON-challenging encounter (which is only mistaken as being challenging by those who don’t know how to MinMax for a DPS test against the clock)

…Instead of …y’know, actually making it really fun and challenging like some of the better fights in Deep/FOW/UW were….

(edited by ilr.9675)

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Or maybe they are giving the metrics gathered during each and every spawn time so they can draw meaningful conclusions from them?

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

ilr.9675

yeah….

And their meaningful conclusion after seeing so many people rage quit the overflows
… is what?

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Has it been considered that maybe the people behind Super Adventure Box just really, really like posting in the forum? More so than other teams, anyway. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, after all, and there are multiple teams of developers working on living story, so it’s not that surprising to see different parts of the game get different amounts of response on the forum.

I wouldn’t read anything into it.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Could it be something to do with SAB having real money items in the trading post…………………

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Holy Whirlwind.2067

Holy Whirlwind.2067

Or maybe they are giving the metrics gathered during each and every spawn time so they can draw meaningful conclusions from them?

Im afraid that metric may be skewed if groups (of the same people) are guesting on others servers just to say that it was done on that server. And the same groups are the only ones that are consistantly repeating it 3-4 times a day…basically a false positive….However I hope to be a part of that group soon!

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Has it been considered that maybe the people behind Super Adventure Box just really, really like posting in the forum? More so than other teams, anyway. It’s not everyone’s cup of tea, after all, and there are multiple teams of developers working on living story, so it’s not that surprising to see different parts of the game get different amounts of response on the forum.

I wouldn’t read anything into it.

This is the case. Josh is (was?) really active in those forums (which I believe got him in trouble (please don’t start on that topic again)). It could be that the devs that worked on this patch have already left it for the next month of content they need to work on (which would be 3 or 4 months from now, if its still one team a month with 4 teams).

It would be nice to get some red posts here though…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

Im afraid that metric may be skewed if groups (of the same people) are guesting on others servers just to say that it was done on that server. And the same groups are the only ones that are consistantly repeating it 3-4 times a day…basically a false positive….However I hope to be a part of that group soon!

They have the ability to measure concurrency as well as a bunch of other data.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Sobiech.9613

Sobiech.9613

I think Anet wanted to give the community a couple of weeks to work the kinks out in our approach to fighting Tequatl. Remember the tears we cried when we all first went through the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon but ultimately came to the point of farming them.

Anet likely took the same silent approach with this content and allowed us to re-learn how to play the game in this instance. Obviously, this boss is unique as we don’t zerg around it spamming 1.

Reine Tovar [HoTR] – Mesmer
Aerika [HoTR] – Necromancer

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

Remember the tears we cried when we all first went through the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon but ultimately came to the point of farming them.

I didn’t cry. I actually enjoyed the creative boss mechanics and lower health total on gravelings since day one.

I am pretty Q.Q about TQ though.

Ultimately, activity will be the best measure since there are always people who cry. But one week in and activity is already way down, to the point on none on some servers and time-slots. It can only go down from here, methinks.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I think it’s more they are watching to see how it’s going. People are still working out how to do this fight. Until or unless it turns out that low population servers can’t do it there is really nothing for them to say.

If they post now while some people’s feelings are running hot about this then they will just get a lot of negative posts directed towards them. It’s better if they don’t post. Let people figure the fight out and let emotions calm down. From what I’ve read about forums, it’s better if they don’t post when people are mad about something.

From a previous thread:
Devs posting on the forum
We have dozens of developers actively reading and posting on the official forums. Some developers choose to participate in the official forums and they do so because they want to talk to you and moreover, they are taking time away from working on the game to do so. Any time that they take to read and post on the forums is time that they are not spending working on the game. If you don’t see certain people posting on the forums, please understand that they’re working on the game and they would rather focus their efforts on the game itself. There will always be more fan posts than can anyone can ever respond to. The fact is, there are more of you than there are of us. A developer can easily spend their entire day not working on the game and just reading and posting on the forums, so if they choose to spend time working on the game, please respect their choice rather than berate them for that choice. By berating staff for their decision not to post on the forums, you might actually discourage them from posting in the future, and they may just decide to continue to lurk.
Regina Buenaobra
North American Community Team Lead

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Onshidesigns.1069

I’m talking about recent posts from Anet.

The first half of the week Anet developers were posting to hype and help players. But now that they seen a problem with the fight. They are not saying much.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Not all achievements should be handed out on a silver spoon. Few hard mode events are welcome in a MMO and this is coming from someone who has yet to down Teq and believe me I’ve tried, haha.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

The first half of the week Anet developers were posting to hype and help players. But now that they seen a problem with the fight. They are not saying much.

Silence tends to be what happens in the face of negativity (this is true of most gaming companies.) Josh’s brief posting spree was such a refreshing difference for the short while it lasted. But that’s now gone. It just seems they think being silent is better I guess? I dunno..

(edited by Lothirieth.3408)

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Onshidesigns.1069

Not all achievements should be handed out on a silver spoon. Few hard mode events are welcome in a MMO and this is coming from someone who has yet to down Teq and believe me I’ve tried, haha.

Have fun finding a server with the number of players needed to defeat Tequatl.

And this content is not meant to be exclusive to large guilds.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: scootshoot.6583

scootshoot.6583

Have fun finding a server with the number of players needed to defeat Tequatl.

And this content is not meant to be exclusive to large guilds.

Yep, this lone achievement has ruined my gaming experience forever….

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

Silence tends to be what happens in the face of negativity (this is true of most gaming companies.) Josh’s brief posting spree was such a refreshing difference for the short while it lasted. But that’s now gone. It just seems they think being silent is better I guess? I dunno..

They gagged him.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

I could be that staff within company hold differing opinions. If that’s so, then any posts on the forums by the employees could stir up politics within the company so they just don’t do it. Nobody wants to commit to saying “we see that problem, we’re going to fix it” until the boss authorizes a media release. The guy in charge of the SAB is probably on much safer ground when he posts on the forums.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gasoline.2570

Gasoline.2570

No it means they think they got enough money to ignore any problems with the content, because as long as fools keep spending their money, they will keep releasing broken content.

The balance team is chained to SPVP, and the PVE team is all about producing carnivals

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

ilr.9675

I think Anet wanted to give the community a couple of weeks to work the kinks out in our approach to fighting Tequatl. Remember the tears we cried when we all first went through the Ascalonian Catacombs dungeon but ultimately came to the point of farming them.

Many of us Gw1 players weren’t impressed. Infact a number of us beat it in Beta.

The people who were having issues, already quit long ago.
There’s a reason the dungeon forum is always either dead, or trolling itself.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

It would be hard for Anet to witness Teq en vivo and not recognize that they have a problem. On the other hand, what are they going to say? The recognition of the problem with Teq would require that their entire strategy around open world PvE design come into question. I’m not sure that they are up for that as a company at this point.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

It would be hard for Anet to witness Teq en vivo and not recognize that they have a problem. On the other hand, what are they going to say? The recognition of the problem with Teq would require that their entire strategy around open world PvE design come into question. I’m not sure that they are up for that as a company at this point.

I think this nails it. They are probably in the ‘finding themselves’ phase.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

I think this was a way bigger disaster than SAB. I am curious how overall participation compares. I bet SAB had more, even if they were split into many 5-player instances.

Well, we have no way to know the SAB metrics, but considering that even lower pop servers seem to have multiple overflows of the tequatl fight, I don’t think it’s such a disaster when it comes to player participation..

That said, they do seem to be watching and taking notes, I’ve seen at least twice an anet player in overflows when fighting tequatl.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

I’m sure their metrics will be able to tell them all that.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

Well, we have no way to know the SAB metrics, but considering that even lower pop servers seem to have multiple overflows of the tequatl fight, I don’t think it’s such a disaster when it comes to player participation..

Participation? Maybe, but I don’t thing that participation in an event should require thousands of players to idle on their servers for hours on end waiting for the 15 minute fight to start that they will then fail and have to wait for another hour and a half for another chance. That’s a pretty poor thing people are participating in. The kind of thing that will frustrate.

That said, they do seem to be watching and taking notes, I’ve seen at least twice an anet player in overflows when fighting tequatl.

I never have but then I’m in Europe so that’s no surprise. I’m hoping they learn from this. I’m hoping they don’t just churn out similar Claw and Shatterer fights without applying those lessons. They need to fix the problems here first, not just repeat the same problem in other fights.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

IMO what they did with the other bosses feels to be more like what open world content should be. Golem MKII for example became more fun overall with the timer and electric field. ANet if you are reading this PLEASE make other avoidable damage fields similar to these, they hurt and can kill if you stand in them for more than a second but, and here’s the point, they don’t one hit kill you if you move out of them. Jormag can be a pita but is doable, so long as you can get a feel for his rhythm; the cold wave in the second part could use more illustration though as it is hard to see against the white frost background. Maw however still needs to become more than a punching bag and needs work.

I guess my TL;DR is they need to realize that open world content needs to be made more pug friendly in order for it to get done regularly.

On subject, I truly hope the reason for their silence on the forums is just due to them stockpiling suggestions similar to those I gave above; otherwise I have just wasted another 15 minutes of my life not unlike the last teq fight I was a part of.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Madora.9340

Madora.9340

Yep, exactly this. It wouldn’t help that people get incredibly ‘passionate’ on the forums and yell from the highest mountain about how hard Teq is, that he’s impossible now, and whine whine whine. If I were a dev and saw everything people posted not fifteen minutes after the patch hit, I would wonder why I would bother with such a sour community. Granted, there have been people thanking the devs for presenting this challenge, but those are few and far between. This issue of gamers being incredibly vocal isn’t limited to just GW2 either. People wouldn’t even give it a day before dismissing the event as ‘dumb, would kill GW2, ggnorekthxbai’. Seems like people have no concept of time.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

After what happened with the SAB discussion, I’m going to guess it’s become policy for most to say nothing. Or, their responses have to go through some kind of inspection to see if the post can go live. Lately, it seems a bad move for careers.

So silence if preferred.

Also, a Dev response tends to light the forums on fire. Gas to the flame and all. So, again, silence appears to be the best route lately.

Gone to Reddit.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

After what happened with the SAB discussion, I’m going to guess it’s become policy for most to say nothing. Or, their responses have to go through some kind of inspection to see if the post can go live. Lately, it seems a bad move for careers.

So silence if preferred.

Also, a Dev response tends to light the forums on fire. Gas to the flame and all. So, again, silence appears to be the best route lately.

This is a big one I think one…

A dev quote like “We’ll see what we can do about X, no promises or ETA at this time, though” means “ANET PROMISED US X!!! THEY LIED!!!” 2 weeks down the line.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

So silence if preferred.

This is a big one I think one…

A dev quote like “We’ll see what we can do about X, no promises or ETA at this time, though” means “ANET PROMISED US X!!! THEY LIED!!!” 2 weeks down the line.

Still no reason to reprimand someone for simple communication. I am curious how many in this thread have actually read the blog about that?

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Lucky.9421

Still no reason to reprimand someone for simple communication. I am curious how many in this thread have actually read the blog about that?

I don’t think he got reprimanded for communication, but rather for some slightly sarcastic comments he made towards a couple players.

That said, I would rather deal with a little sarcasm than total stonewalling.

I also think it is ok if they don’t say anything for a couple weeks.

Few Anet posts

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Talindra.4958

Talindra.4958

I am still playing SAB! not because of the reward but the fun of it!

Champion Magus & Phantom, Demon’s Demise, The Archdesigner.
Death is Energy [DIE] – Gandara EU
Australia