How are so many defeating Teq?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Q:

People say this is impossible. People say that we need instances to weed out the poorly skilled players. People say that Overflows are a guaranteed failure. Yet Tequatl is being defeated across servers (and Overflows), again and again and again. What is their secret?

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

A:

By people who know what they are doing, players willing to listen, good commanders, a bit of luck, exotic gear, organization, multitasking and skill – that’s how. You cannot join this fight and spam one or afk. Even t1 servers fail with too many afkers, unskilled and stubborn players, bad commanders, too many downed, bad luck, and the lazy or else TC would kill Teq every time he spawned during prime hours.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Xcom.1926

Xcom.1926

I will tell you what is happening. People on high population servers have no issues. People on low/mid population servers have no chance unless we get help.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

So far?

Getting a big guild, or group of guilds, together and communicating on a VOIP. Also making sure that they’re all together in the same map.

These are things not really possible on low population servers, or your average overflow.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Talonblaze.3175

Talonblaze.3175

These worlds are typically being beaten by concentrated organized guilds. I find it highly unlikely the servers themselves are doing it alone. I can be most of them are being assisted by BG and the TKS guild.

Anet’s thing on so many worlds winning is a bit skewed.

Duty is heavier than death.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

By guesting on high population servers.

And all the overflow kills were done by entire guilds swarming to one overflow.

Nice try though.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

I will tell you what is happening. People on high population servers have no issues. People on low/mid population servers have no chance unless we get help.

It’s already been pointed out to you guys enough, there are no low pop servers. There is only high, and very high. So stop posting such nonsense, we all know every server has queues on every map. You can lie and say it’s not true, but no one will believe you because we can all guest to bg/tc and see there are people playing the game.

/sarcasm

Seriously they need to do merges already.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Clip.6845

Clip.6845

So far the only way to beat teq is quite ridiculous. You have to get +100 people together, organized.

Now, the problem isn’t that 100 people is a lot, it’s not. The problem is to not get into an overflow and not to have spots taken by non-organized people. Basically you have to join the zone 1 or 2 hours before teq spawns to be able to participate.

So any casual player will never be able to beat teq in it’s current state unless you get extremely lucky.

80’s: Engineer/Warrior/Necromancer/Mesmer/Thief/Elementalist/Guardian [Seafarer’s Rest]

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

Tequatl is being beaten by only t1 servers and by gigantic guilds, he has not been beaten in some overflow and never will.
i have no idea where you are getting this info from but its wrong.
not to mention its not even a win every time.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Well, EU tier 9 has completed it all now. But I have to thank [TKS] Tequatl killing squad for their time, the entire guild is guesting servers to teach people how to do it.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lostwingman.5034

Lostwingman.5034

Tequatl is being beaten by only t1 servers and by gigantic guilds, he has not been beaten in some overflow and never will.

Correction: He has been beaten in overflows. Except they were overflows majorly populated by top guilds trying to game the event to be closer to a selective instance.

Bad@Ele: Alaric Von Manstein
Bad@Thief: Kiera Gordon
Sea of Sorrows, a server never before so appropriately named.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

A rather important share of the fight relies on 6 people.
Usually random people. That may be afk, or even trolls.
Get the wrong ones, and your chances are zero.
Also, it is a dps check – and it is rather a specific one. Condition damage is near useless even when defending turrets due to the usual stack limit, not to talk about tequatl itself; precision and crit damage don’t work toward Tequatl itself, but at least they can be of use versus minions. But in the end, the people attacking Tequatl must basically focus on power alone. And that won’t happen unless you find people especially geared for it.
Also, you need organized groups due to the reasons above – and to properly coordinate the fight. That means you’ve got to be there preempetively, along with all the people you’ve organized the fight with (with trusted people on the turrets).
And that brings to the problem with overflows: you incorrectly say that he has been defeated in overflows…but those were organized beforehand, with people invited there for the fight. It is no different than doing it on a normal server.
What you usually find in an overflow is random people. That may even not care a bit about strategy and so on, maybe also being afk on a turret. Assuming it isn’t just created before the fight, then you may find yourself in an half-empty server and without even having the time to form a strategy.
Basically, in normal circumstances, there are far too many variables outside of players’ control. And the level of organization required for this event is outside anything else seen in the game, especially for a world event.
But these are the first days, so people are eager to try. Let’s see if it will be found still worthwhile in some week, especially considering the reward isn’t that great anyway…

in Tequatl Rising

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Well, EU tier 9 has completed it all now. But I have to thank [TKS] Tequatl killing squad for their time, the entire guild is guesting servers to teach people how to do it.

Have a huge amount of people guest over and then do it for you, is not doing it. That’s getting it done by someone else

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Wallace MacBix.2089

Wallace MacBix.2089

Hell on my server and the couple of overflows I’ve been apart of, I haven’t seen him drop below 80% hp, and that’s with people getting sent to overflow trying to get in.

I know what to do, other people on the map know what to do, as we keep repeating it before teq spawns. He isn’t “hard” in difficulty, except for that stupid timer. It’s a bit ridiculous to expect non-guild people and non-teamspeak people to manage the coordination necessary to beat him. Not to mention that at least 4 stats are basically useless for the fight (cond dam and duration [nothing new there], and crit dam and precision). I wasn’t looking forward to this update but I didn’t think it would be this bad.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Have a huge amount of people guest over and then do it for you, is not doing it. That’s getting it done by someone else

Having 50 people come over to help isn’t them doing it considering the other 100 of us at the site anyway. But for a small pop server, it’s beneficial considering all the people interested now know how to do it. So we can do it again. Anyway when did this become a competition? It’s about the community getting together to kill a boss

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Tequatl Rising

GSSBlunaspike.4153

Having 50 people come over to help isn’t them doing it considering the other 100 of us at the site anyway. But for a small pop server, it’s beneficial considering all the people interested now know how to do it. So we can do it again. Anyway when did this become a competition? It’s about the community getting together to kill a boss

If you are talking about the one with the screen shots posted that’s way more of them than home players. If not what exactly are you talking about?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

TC is a tier 2 server.
There were many well-known guilds there during our first victory, but most people there were in smaller guilds (like me). I could see [Yum], of course, and also [CERN], but there were many smaller guilds and also people there were not representing any guilds, and that I would probably have not recognized if I had never seen one of them roleplaying at DR or chatting at Queensdale’s map chat.
None of my friends were online, I got rescued from the Overflow by a kind Toaster that saw me around here (and other three asked me later if I was still stuck in an overflow. I love you guys <3).

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dagraan.2854

Dagraan.2854

it’s more than just 50 coming over, way more than 50. they can teach all the 10 native people on the server how to do doesn’t mean its gonna get done. how do you think they managed to get 150+ people on the server in the first place?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Coldin.2840

Coldin.2840

Anet’s thing on so many worlds winning is a bit skewed.

Very true. In fact, I would go as far as to say that it’s not really “worlds beating Tequatl”, but “specific guilds/groups beating Tequatl”. For instance, SOR has beaten Tequatl, but despite being online at the time and waiting in overflow for over an hour, I was not able to be part of that victory.

Coldin – Thief – Sanctum of Rall

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shrimpit.7406

Shrimpit.7406

My quick tutorial on how to win http://youtu.be/oszZiQn8wtQ Hope this helps

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

Persistence —> Commanders stepping up and staying around organising till they get the kill

Communication —> As much as possible on Voice Comms.

If you’re Low Pop —> Advertising everywhere to get people to the zone so you have time to organise.

And then you’re set.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

The ‘solutions’ ignore that fact that for many players (especially the adults with families, etc) hanging around doing nothing in a map for two hours waiting for the spawn in the hope that enough organised people are going to be there so that they can beat the dragon isn’t their idea of utilising their limited leisure time in a fun way. They also ignore the fact that many servers don’t have a server TS/vent/voip and many players cannot use it for various reasons. They also ignore the fact most people can’t just switch armor and weapon sets to pvt just so they can try this boss.

Sure, if you can spend hours and hours organising and jumping to a low population server with 100+ organised people you can get it done- but for how long are these people going to be wanting to spend all this time beating a boss that doesn’t even drop particularly good loot.

Looks like their might be one or two teams that will continue to do it after the first couple of weeks but they will lose players quite rapidly once the novelty wears off, and for the lower population servers and the less organised, without a tweak or two the spawn will just become ignored, making it a big fail from Anet.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Otters.1567

Otters.1567

Persistence —> Commanders stepping up and staying around organising till they get the kill

Communication —> As much as possible on Voice Comms.

If you’re Low Pop —> Advertising everywhere to get people to the zone so you have time to organise.

And then you’re set.

I agree to this 100%, because ET (one of the lowest populated US servers) were able to kill it lol, big gratz to them. Unless everyone on t1 went there and killed it xD

Buy a Pocket Otter, only 500G [Holy]

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

I agree to this 100%, because ET (one of the lowest populated US servers) were able to kill it lol, big gratz to them. Unless everyone on t1 went there and killed it xD

ET didn’t kill him. BG went to ET and killed him to get away from all the unwelcome guests.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Cuddlepie.8109

Cuddlepie.8109

The GW2 Twitter response to overflows was:

“A number of overflow worlds have defeated Tequatl, so they’re definitely not bound to fail. ~RB2”

I wonder how “not bound to fail” functions as a percentage of all overflow attempts?

I marvel at how far the GW2 team’s perceptions seem to be from that of its playerbase (well, on the forums at least).

The word that springs to my mind about their attitude is hubris.

in Tequatl Rising

Fungalfoot.7213

Funny how they conveniently forget to mention that all those overflows were filled by organized guilds looking to combat the guest problem. Yes, I do believe hubris is the word and we all know what that leads to.

Tequatl has never been completed in a random overflow. Is it really that hard to admit that you didn’t tune the fight properly?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

The GW2 Twitter response to overflows was:

“A number of overflow worlds have defeated Tequatl, so they’re definitely not bound to fail. ~RB2”

I wonder how “not bound to fail” functions as a percentage of all overflow attempts?

I marvel at how far the GW2 team’s perceptions seem to be from that of its playerbase (well, on the forums at least).

The word that springs to my mind about their attitude is hubris.

From your post, I get the feeling that you’d like a guaranteed chance to beat Tequatl, no matter what Overflow or server you’re on.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!