How can servers organize with overflows?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

How are servers and consequently their players and commanders supposed to organize themselves in voice chat and all if everyone is constantly getting put in overflows?
On EU servers people don’t even speak the same language.

The overflow mechanic is getting more and more ridiculous as we get more time-dependent events.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

You don’t silly!
Once you realize your in an overflow, you leave back to LA and stand there till next spawn.
Or even better! Wait in the instance till your queue lets you into the main server
See it is simple

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Travis the Terrible.4739

Travis the Terrible.4739

You don’t silly!
Once you realize your in an overflow, you leave back to LA and stand there till next spawn.
Or even better! Wait in the instance till your queue lets you into the main server
See it is simple

Except that people are getting kicked off the game before you even load into a zone right now.

Follow the darkness into the depths, it’s more fun than the light can provide.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

What!!!! Anet has 0 problems with connectivity

It must be your ISP :P

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

As time goes on less and less people will want to try it out so your server can plan the server wide events. I am thinking that my server will be scheduling it in the future. We already do scheduled events on orr.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

What an annoying issue still.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Once more people learn the strategies I believe it will become easier for overflows to accomplish. Right now 90% of people don’t know what to do.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: BlueSoda.6297

BlueSoda.6297

Well one thing you can do is have someone “taxi” you into main. If you have a guild mate in the main server, then join their group and then right click on their picture and select “join”. It’s kind of mean to all the people who have been waiting, but it’s something my guild has been doing since the Scarlet attacks.

I agree though, it isn’t fair that people get stuck in the overflow time and time again, having even less of a chance to win as everyone else. I can’t really think of a good solution to this problem, I can only hope it gets fixed soon.

Charr Lawful-Neutral

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

Once more people learn the strategies I believe it will become easier for overflows to accomplish. Right now 90% of people don’t know what to do.

A thousand times this. Just give it a week for people to learn the ropes.

The only valid concern I see repeated is that the wrong people blocking the turrets is a big problem, something helping with that might be in order. And that’s not even nerfing the encounter its mostly to make malicious behaviour more difficult. We live in an age of trolls after all.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

One problem I’ve been seeing with overflows, is people trickling in over the first few minutes of the event, because they only head for Sparkfly Fen when the event is announced. That means, no time for organization, and a slow start. Hopeless, unless people start camping pre-existing overflows as well as the actual servers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

One problem I’ve been seeing with overflows, is people trickling in over the first few minutes of the event, because they only head for Sparkfly Fen when the event is announced. That means, no time for organization, and a slow start. Hopeless, unless people start camping pre-existing overflows as well as the actual servers.

Yeah it would be nice if the announcement was a good minute before the 15min timer started. However if you notice from the replays posted thus far, teq doesn’t hit 75% for the first 5-7minutes of the fight (seems the first 25% is the hardest), so this does add some leeway.

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP