I'd like to beat Tequatl. At least once.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Anasurimbor.5763

Anasurimbor.5763

Seriously. I dunno if i need a guild invite to someone/group who’s killing him regularly, or what.

Not having any luck on my home server of BP.

Advice or guild invite to help me achieve this would be lovely.

Borlis Pass

Swedgin [FFT] – Norn Guard

in Tequatl Rising

Anasurimbor.5763

Managed to get into tarnished coast’s main, now to wait, and see if it’s successful. Hardest struggle might have been to get into a main, and the wait.

Seems like the content should pose more challenge than getting to it.

Borlis Pass

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

I’ve been doing it 2-3 times a day from the start, NEVER got into main yet ALWAYS in overflow.

It’s just rubbish.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: midknightninja.4362

midknightninja.4362

Join TTS we fight him reg n your garanted a success of course some annoying technical stuff like overflow crashing you know the basics that we get kitten at but we help get around that

in Tequatl Rising

Anasurimbor.5763

Was in TC’s main for an attempt that got to ~5%. Considering I’ve never been in one that’s gone for <85-90%, that’s encouraging. Think I’ll stick around, gives me time to farm platinum and logs while i’m at it.

Borlis Pass

in Tequatl Rising

Anasurimbor.5763

And downed him on TC. with a fair amount of time left. Yeah, the hardest part was getting into the main map.

cheers though.

Borlis Pass

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: ZBeeblebrox.4928

ZBeeblebrox.4928

I agree it’s sad that the hardest part of the fight is just getting access to your main server. Usually I don’t have a problem with open world content because I’m on JQ and we have a good community, but when I can’t even play with that community because I don’t have 8+ hours to sit akitten the queue… well… that’s just badly designed.

I’d love to kill him to, but basically impossible when you can’t access anything but overflows.

in Tequatl Rising

Anasurimbor.5763

Well yeah. and I’m not even from TC, but when it looks like the only way to down it is on a main map on a large server, you’re essentially saying, “guest here”.

Just a messy event all around.

Borlis Pass

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: pugster.9378

pugster.9378

I agree. I tried it about 10 times and failed every time. Out of it, 8 times Teq barely got dented 5%. Mostly on of’s and even when not in of, failed 2 times. Anet just don’t take into account into rage quitters to scaleTeq easier to kill if there are less players.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

Yeah, I’ve tried many times on Borlis Pass, and I’ve never seen him below 90%.

I figure in 2-3 months, only people who actually want to do it will be there, and maybe we can get it done.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

in Tequatl Rising

Anasurimbor.5763

It’s possible, but it’s more likely that the people who wanna get it done are/have/will guest on a server with a track record of doing it.

That’s what i mean by saying that the way it’s playing out is encouraging guesting.

Borlis Pass

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Boysenberry.1869

Boysenberry.1869

Been at it since day 1 as well. Nothing but overflows full of randoms. But I have seen improvement in the overflows. Sloooooooooooowly they are getting better. 95%. 90%. 85%. Tonight for the first time I had an overflow make it to the laser phase and ultimately got Tequatl down to 60%. After nearly a week of trying I finally earned 10 silver and a green item from the event!

(And this was a real overflow full of randoms…not those organized guild overflows)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: the pirate captain.6539

the pirate captain.6539

Don’t think my server has had much success either but I wouldn’t know I would have to be there all day and wait for every attempt to not be an overflow and know how my server is doing and that’s just incredibly boring. I’ve not even gotten a reward from him yet idk if i play at the wrong times for my server running an organised attack bc of the fact that I start work late or what but because gaming doesn’t consume my whole life and I dnt have the time to sit around hours for fifteen minutes of failure then wait all over again I’m finding the whole thing incredibly boring if he’s staying a world boss he needs idiot proofing bc its not fair that a few players can ruin it for everyone else the reliance on turrets means a few numpties literally 6 people or less not doing their jobs can make you fail and its difficult to tell which people on the turrets are to blame and there isn’t even a way to kick them off is there? Then u’ve got afkers taking up server space and scaling up the event while commanders are stuck in overflows and dead people not waypointing to join back in the fight and its letting everyone else down if he’s going to stay a challenge then do as people have suggested and make it an instance for organised guilds otherwise idiot proof him or maybe even make him so he only spawns once a day that way i can find out when that is and maybe on a day off if its late be part of an organised attack for once!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Akumba.8064

Akumba.8064

has anyone ever down him on Devona’s Rest

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yup just the once would do for me, been trying 2-3 times a day since release.

Can’t get out of overflow on my home server and have tried guesting on others, still epic fail.

Worse content Anet ever came up with.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

People are too selfish too leave after the event failed in the main server so the others in Overflow cannot join, even if i camp in the area and come back 5 hours later after School, i’m still in Overflow.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Zelu.1692

Zelu.1692

For those willing to kill Tequatl and ready to put in the time to actually do it, here is a short guide on how to give yourself the best chance:

1 – Look on those Forums for a guild doing organised kills
2 – Depending on the guild, they will either organise their kill in an Overflow they control and will taxi people there; or they will all guest on the main of a low-pop server – find out from them which
3 – BEFORE you get to the kill zone (overflow or main) where the kill will take place, make sure to repair and to buy food, sharp stones and potions of undead-killing
4 – Once you get to the kill zone (overflow or main) do NOT leave the zone NOR relog. For good measures make sure to walk and not use Asura waypoints within the zone, so you STAY in the zone. You want to avoid leaving the zone and being put into another overflow.
4 – Get on TeamSpeak (or similar) with your guild and listen to the instructions (when you are assigned to groups, roles, etc.)
5 – Once Tequatl spawns follow the instructions of commanders and give your best.

NOTE: You need to get to the kill zone well ahead of Tequatl spawning. Organising such a large group efficiently takes at least 30-45 minutes (taxying people to zones, putting people in group, explaining basic tacts, etc.). So make sure you got time ahead of you.

Hope this helps.

Zel

Zel Silverleaf – 80 Guardian
Zelyahine – 80 Ranger
Victory is Life Eternal [VILE] – Desolation

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: deadatspawn.6045

deadatspawn.6045

Join Dragonbrand server and then join our Teamspeak. Well organized. They have beat it many times so far and i got to beat Teq last night and i have no idea how to play this game.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

People are too selfish too leave after the event failed in the main server so the others in Overflow cannot join, even if i camp in the area and come back 5 hours later after School, i’m still in Overflow.

How do you stay logged in for 5 hours and being afk? Exaggerating or botting?

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: RoyHarmon.5398

RoyHarmon.5398

For all we know, the queue dialog popped up constantly for five hours and you weren’t there to click “Travel.” Once the orange bar runs out, you automatically re-enter the queue if you haven’t clicked something yet.

On a related note, though, I’ve noticed some weird glitches with the Overflow system during this event:

• A few nights ago, at my wife’s request, I guested with her to Stormbluff Isle. Unsurprisingly, I was placed in an overflow, but she got into the main server just before I tried. After a minute, I got the “Travel, Re-enter Queue, Leave Queue” dialog and clicked “Travel.” I was placed in another overflow. I got the dialog and clicked “travel” about 6 times, but only after Tequatl was gone did I make it to the main SBI server.
  • Yesterday, I noticed that the “You have been placed into an overflow server…” box kept popping up, but the word “Overflow” never showed up in the minimap. Checking guild roster, party interface, etc. showed us on our main server (Borlis Pass), not an overflow. This happened more than once.

I don’t know what kind of weirdness is going on, but I guess it wasn’t really critical. Just confusing.

How do you stay logged in for 5 hours and being afk? Exaggerating or botting?

As long as you’re not in PvP or WvW, the idle timeout is pretty long. I don’t know what it is, but I know that the 15ish minutes during beta no longer applies. I’ve been surprised before when I came back to my computer after an hour or so and was still logged in.

“It is the stupidest children who are the most childish
and the stupidest grown-ups who are the most grown-up.”
- C. S. Lewis

(edited by RoyHarmon.5398)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

Last night, prime time for my NA server (FA) the 8PM EST event had TWO people on the server’s Teq TS channel. The 9:30PM had ZERO people in the channel.

Maybe it’s only a weekend event now.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Me too but your all on my server and I can’t get in.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: deadatspawn.6045

deadatspawn.6045

again beat it last night. Dragonbrand server. Join Teamspeak. We always fight on a overflow to avoid AfKers. Joining Teamspeak and you will get invited to the overflow.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Emmet.2943

Emmet.2943

Still trying and have yet to complete it want that mini and i enjoy the challenge but IMO this is not how you do open world content. This is something that should be instanced(this feels like a raid boss not an open world boss) open world encounters that are on a spawn timer needs to be at a difficulty level that is completable by a bunch of randoms gathering together not 100% of the time but a good amount of the time. I wouldn’t mind them putting this harder tequatl in and instanced area so guilds could try him out on their own later but reducing the difficulty for the actual open world encounter.

They could also make it so a fail reduces the difficulty of the next spawn until he dies then he goes back to normal difficulty.

I’d really like to at least see him drop below 75% personally but SoS has yet to even get him past 80% in the encounters ive done and i try to do it at least 2 times a day if my schedule lets me. I don’t even have fun with the encounter anymore as the challenge isn’t even their for me personally I know all the mechanics and i can dps constantly while avoiding everything while also moving back to turrets when mobs get to high in numbers to help turrets.

I even try the taxi into overflow way and everytime i get waiting for a spot as i spam join players. Just kinda sick of this I really want to complete this and try and get the one mini in the entire game i actually want but due to the fact that randoms cant complete this I have yet to even see a chest.

(edited by Emmet.2943)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: spritefire.5234

spritefire.5234

I’m guessing after boss week all world bosses will go back to normal (ie no timer and less health) including Teq.

Until then its just going to be all hit and miss and be at the right place at the right time (even if you know the fight back to front).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

just join one of the guilds created to defeat him (there are threads about them here and I bet in other forums and GW2 community sites as well), request for an invite, join the guild, check the times they’re fighting it, represent guild, ask for a group invite so you can get into the same overflow, and wait for the fight. I did just that yesterday and last night finally managed to see him die.

Preferably (but not 100% required) you can also download whatever voice chat software they’re using at the time, but if you don’t want to (or like me last night, start to download it and forget about it) instructions and stratedy are usually discussed on map or /s chat anyway.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Archon Trieste.3109

Archon Trieste.3109

Refer to my how to beat teq, for the obedient thread. If you’re not willing to follow instructions then quit yer kittenin’. There’s no reason anyone should be posting i can’t get in posts at this point. All my guild has their achievements done and they don’t even live on blackgate.