I'd like to play on my server please

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

For more than a week I’ve been stuck in overflow loosing the event. It sure would be nice if I could try it on my server. I gone over an hour and a half early and still cannot get into my server. What’s the point of having servers if you can never get to them because players are camped there from other servers guesting. Places for guests should only open when there is room and players on that server should always get priority over a guest. Yes, I mean boot the guest for the player on that server. I picked my server and like it, I have no reason to guest somewhere else.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: MokahTGS.7850

MokahTGS.7850

Agreed and /signed

Server lines seem to be meaningless with this new content.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ocelot.6053

Ocelot.6053

All of us on high pop servers are in the same boat right now but try to be patient, the event’s not going anywhere.

The real problem is that anet didn’t implement a plan to handle the load balancing/scaling issues of the event; not guests from low pop servers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

Ending up on overflow ain’t got anything to do with ppl guesting. There are thousands of people on your server while a zone only has room for a couple of hundred or not even that many. It’s the zone population caps that suck big time, not the guesting mechanism.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Ending up on overflow ain’t got anything to do with ppl guesting. There are thousands of people on your server while a zone only has room for a couple of hundred or not even that many. It’s the zone population caps that suck big time, not the guesting mechanism.

It’s actually all of it needs fixing. People need to be able to choose what overflow they can go in, any perceived notion of server loyalty has turned into poisonous server bigotry and basically it’s a mess.

Now Anet can paper over the cracks and keep having this happen or they can get the backend right giving them the space and time to do world bosses right.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Renkencen.6127

Renkencen.6127

It’s for this reason why I missed the old district system on GW. I’ve been trying to get into my home server but I keep getting put into the Overflow. At least with a district, people in guilds who are doing this event can be more organised meaning better chance of defeating it then a bunch of strangers lump togethers.
It’s annoying as hell seeing how want to get those achievements (I am so close to getting Acclaimed Achiever) right now especially when the Trumutation crystal sales is ending today which I highly doubt I will get the title today (I would of used those free 400 gems to spend on those crystals).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

You wouldn’t complain about not getting into your home server if your home server wasn’t completing the content. What makes you any different from a person trying to guest on a winning server?

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Tim.6810

Tim.6810

Well so everyone on a lower populated server where there’s not enough people or organisation to kill him will have to pay for a server transfer then?

That’s not fair either, we are limited to where we can guest each day and everyone wants an oppertunity to kill him.
and if you really don’t like overflows, you should try beating him on a lesser populated server, I wish you good luck on that one. you’ll even get more frustrated if you find out there’s not even enough people to man the turrets at most times now.

If you look for a reason why you haven’t been able to beat him, wether overflow or not, you should point at the people being afk at the event, scaling everything, not the guesters that are actually trying to beat him.

The Saint – Lvl 80 mesmer
[LOVE] Love United Officer
Ring of Fire

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

It’s for this reason why I missed the old district system on GW. I’ve been trying to get into my home server but I keep getting put into the Overflow. At least with a district, people in guilds who are doing this event can be more organised meaning better chance of defeating it then a bunch of strangers lump togethers.
It’s annoying as hell seeing how want to get those achievements (I am so close to getting Acclaimed Achiever) right now especially when the Trumutation crystal sales is ending today which I highly doubt I will get the title today (I would of used those free 400 gems to spend on those crystals).

Agree that districts (or at least a list of overflows and the ability to be able to jump into the one you want) would be great, but at least the organized tequatl slaying guilds have been doing just that with the limited tools we got, get into an overflow, then invite everyone they can into that overflow by inviting into parties, join into the overflow then leave the party to allow more people (and maybe even start inviting people yourself).

If you really want to beat Tequatl, just look for any of the organized guilds in these forums (there are a few for NA and for EU already), join one of them, and when you want to try a good organized run, represent and ask on guild chat for an invite to the overflow they’re going to use. I’ve killed him a couple times already doing just that.

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Dime Baggins.1058

Dime Baggins.1058

Agreed. They need to fix the overflow lameness.

GW1 – Being able to choose districts. BRILLIANT!!!!

GW2 – Forget about the good parts of GW1 (ex. LFG until recently)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Winky The Wonderful.1578

Winky The Wonderful.1578

The guesting doesn’t really bother me so much. It’s more the people that go AFK on my server(or overflows now for that matter) and camp out there all day, miss half the spawns because they aren’t really there, or they are just attempting to leech of the players that actually are there and fighting. I don’t care if they are from my server or not. They take up space for someone that could actually contribute to the fight. A better way of removing AFK players NEEDS to be implemented. I’m sure it wont help much with the overflow nonsense, but at least it might help speed up the queues a tad. Not to mention when Teq does spawn, it scales up the number of mobs during some of the phases of the fight according to the number of people around, AFK or not…

(edited by Winky The Wonderful.1578)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Myst Dawnbringer.9138

Myst Dawnbringer.9138

AFK Players are also a big problem and maybe even more of a problem than guesting. They should put in a slider a minute before the battle starts. You have 30 seconds to click this to remain in the area if you do not click you will be returned to LA! Bad guys out, Players wanting to actually play in.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

AFK Players are also a big problem and maybe even more of a problem than guesting. They should put in a slider a minute before the battle starts. You have 30 seconds to click this to remain in the area if you do not click you will be returned to LA! Bad guys out, Players wanting to actually play in.

Actually……………… that’s a very good idea.

I could never fathom out how people stay afk for hours, I’ve watched them, I don’t seem to be able to do it, I get kicked in an hour, even on a more or less empty overflow.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Just kick afk players to overflow.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mastruq.2463

Mastruq.2463

I would like it if servers meant more. They should probably limit guesting in some way that preserves the original idea of the feature, which was getting to play with our friends on other servers.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I have the opposite problem, while it’s impossible to get onto my own server at 8PM, after that it’s a ghost town with no hope of winning, and I can’t even get onto an overflow where we might have some hope!

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”