I don't like this new content

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Amethyst Rose.4367

Amethyst Rose.4367

So the first week I was part of the first group that defeated Tequatl on Tarnished Coast, I think the third overall and second NA… over the next few days I was in groups which defeated it another 2 times. I had to go out of town for a while and when I came back I decided I wanted to finish up my achievements.

I have been trying for almost a week to get the last achievement… I have seen it fail over and over… many times not even being close…. not getting through the first 75%. Most of these failures were on the Tarnished Coast main server, not even overflows (which typically do much worse).

It isn’t like we don’t know the tactics by now… but people just aren’t into it enough anymore to get it done. Will I ever get this last achievement? I don’t know but I do know I am getting more and more frustrated with this horrible new content every time I try.

Not saying I am an incredible player or anything but I think I am competent, and through no fault of my own I am failing to get these achievements. Since it requires a group effort to get them and I have no control over the rest of the group.

This content is just not doable without incredible coordination and after only a week the interest level has dropped to the point that I can’t get the last achievement I need. To me this is a spectacular failure and has caused me to lose faith in the direction ArenaNet is taking things.

Please if you ever create content like this again make it an instance where groups can get together to do it, not an open world event. This was the worst decision ever.

Hopefully someone at ArenaNet is listening,
Thank you

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Gabby.3205

Gabby.3205

I heard we are not killing Teq on he main server anymore because the guests took over it.
Try asking a member of [Yum], [AARM], [CERN] or another big guild where are people killing Teq now. I mean, if they are still killing Teq. I don’t know, life happened and I couldn’t play a lot this week, sorry, I wish I could help you.

Tarnished Coast
Astrid Strongheart, Norn Ranger.
“I wish juvenile wolves were bigger”

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Aniki.6579

Aniki.6579

Something has definitely happened to the regulars that were running the Teq event. Over the last week, I’ve fought him at least 20 times (usually around prime time) in TC main with about a 50% success rate. I got my title, but I really enjoy the fight and tried to get on today the before the reset and it was like being on a different server. No organization, not enough people in voice chat, and most players seemed genuinely new to the event. My guess is most people have gotten what they wanted out of Teq and moved on. Maybe you’ll have a chance if you get in on the fight immediately following the reset each day, but I think that eventually being a member of a Teq guild might be the only way to down him. It’s unfortunate (because I think it’s great content), but I am getting more and more reluctant to spend my time twiddling my thumbs in Sparkfly waiting for a chance at that abysmal rewards chest.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Well, I don’t usually do PvE but I heard about all these shiny things you can get by killing pretend dragons so I thought I’d give it a go.

What a colossal bore! Hang around in an overflow for half-an-hour then spend another half-hour being knocked down at random, trying to get close enough to something to actually hit it until you apparently run out of time.

Beats me why anyone would bother.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: sonicsix.5713

sonicsix.5713

They could leave Teq as he is, just remove the timer (or set it to 30 minutes).

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Based on the title, the OP was not around for the great Karka kitten-up of 2012. This thread is not about the balance or future of Teqatl and later events but the whining that the OP is unable to get his achievements. Yes it is tough and you cannot control 100 players, it is unfortunate that you have not a good group since but that does not make it “the worst content ever” so perhaps you need to focus less on kittening and more on trying again and again.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in Tequatl Rising

Amethyst Rose.4367

Based on the title, the OP was not around for the great Karka kitten-up of 2012. This thread is not about the balance or future of Teqatl and later events but the whining that the OP is unable to get his achievements. Yes it is tough and you cannot control 100 players, it is unfortunate that you have not a good group since but that does not make it “the worst content ever” so perhaps you need to focus less on kittening and more on trying again and again.

I disagree with you completely. The Karka event was at least fun, and everyone who participated at least got some rewards from it from ArenaNet because of the issues. This one is just pain that keeps getting worse. And honestly content-wise…. we already had a Tequatl before this update and there was almost no story added. (All we got was Rox in Sparkfly as far as I can tell) The Karka event had some compelling story, it jut failed for technical reasons.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

The Karka event was brilliant, I remember following the pack over the hills, and the tree’s coming down, standing on the fountain looking things trying to kill this enormous thing knowing it would roll any second and take out loads of people.

Excellent, really enjoyable.

TEQ no like.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

(edited by Solid Gold.9310)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

Join a Tequatl-killing guild.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

I disagree with you completely. The Karka event was at least fun, and everyone who participated at least got some rewards from it from ArenaNet because of the issues. This one is just pain that keeps getting worse. And honestly content-wise…. we already had a Tequatl before this update and there was almost no story added. (All we got was Rox in Sparkfly as far as I can tell) The Karka event had some compelling story, it jut failed for technical reasons.

And I disagree with you, how can an event be fun when it was a 1-time only event set during hours that half the community was asleep, more lag than anything else in the game ever before or since, disconnects, invisible enemies, no rewards for a huge portion of the player base for narly 2 months and it was only rewarded because it happened on such a large scale, unfair rewards, double rewards for the few players lucky enough to stay connected.

How can Teq continue to get worse when it has not changed during the update, the fight is still the same as it was on day one. The original Teq was a pushover that many people ignored out of boredom, bar the chest runners, and this updated Teq is a huge improvement on what dragon fights should be, I will look forward to future designs of the dragons. There was enough story for people to ask questions, like the initial F&F updates you did not get all the info at once if at all. Do not forget the scales to find in the 2 other areas which hints at further developments.

Karka failed immensely for technical reasons but the story also left a lot to be desired. Southsun was then abandoned for nearly a year, aside from Ori farming there was no incentive to enter this new area. Karka was a huge failure overall, Teq is only just out and people are kittening because of the difficulty, a dragon is not supposed to be easy to take down.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

in Tequatl Rising

Amethyst Rose.4367

And I disagree with you, how can an event be fun when it was a 1-time only event set during hours that half the community was asleep, more lag than anything else in the game ever before or since, disconnects, invisible enemies, no rewards for a huge portion of the player base for narly 2 months and it was only rewarded because it happened on such a large scale, unfair rewards, double rewards for the few players lucky enough to stay connected.

Well the content was fun, it stinks that people were not able to do it though… I agree with that completely.

How can Teq continue to get worse when it has not changed during the update, the fight is still the same as it was on day one. The original Teq was a pushover that many people ignored out of boredom, bar the chest runners, and this updated Teq is a huge improvement on what dragon fights should be, I will look forward to future designs of the dragons. There was enough story for people to ask questions, like the initial F&F updates you did not get all the info at once if at all. Do not forget the scales to find in the 2 other areas which hints at further developments.

Because less and less people are doing it and it is getting more and more frustrating for the people who are trying to do it. I agree it was a pushover and needed to be improved, but this is just a ridiculous level of change. The new Tequatl could have been a great addition as a new instanced dragon, but not as what it is an open world upgrade of an existing event.

Karka failed immensely for technical reasons but the story also left a lot to be desired. Southsun was then abandoned for nearly a year, aside from Ori farming there was no incentive to enter this new area. Karka was a huge failure overall, Teq is only just out and people are kittening because of the difficulty, a dragon is not supposed to be easy to take down.

Not saying there wasn’t room for improvement in the Karka story but it is miles beyond what we got with the Tequatl update.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lianna.6980

Lianna.6980

I definitely agree with OP.
Tequatl update should have never been implemented in the open world with its overflows, afkers and general “I play as I want” people, ie. akitteng on turret.

Unfortunately the game seems to follow “the most popular MMORPG” ever steps, while losing its own unique spirit.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

They could leave Teq as he is, just remove the timer (or set it to 30 minutes).

30 minute boss fight FTL

Make his health scale based on the number of players that are present.

Done.

(edited by Lucky.9421)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

Yep, we’re seeing the rapid decline in the numbers willing to spend hours every day organising for this less than stellar event.

It really only needs a few tweaks- some scaling, lose the invisible red circles or lose the water so they are visible (leave some around just around him so he can still cause the waves) reduce the over reliance on the turrets and cut the HP by half, and it would be a decent event if you remove the timer. Then people would actually turn up and play, rather than hang around, fail, hang around, fail, give up and be left with a sour taste in their mouth.

I really hope they don’t do something similar to the other two dragons – Jormag is fun, the only change needed there is to scale the loot so people who only turn up for the final part don’t get the bonus chest- make it so you need to contribute for both halves to get full loot. There needs to be an incentive for the selfish champ train to divert to Jormag when it spawns, not after others have got it down below 50%.

Shatterer could do with some tweaking so that just standing at the side is no longer an option.

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Quinnto.2809

Quinnto.2809

I don’t think its the worse but, I’m slowly losing on gw2 maybe we all need a break.

Skipped this event sadly, after boss week achievements.

so much has been said on the forums without an official response besides that “Charizard Screenshot”

in Tequatl Rising

Amethyst Rose.4367

I did finally get the final achievement by joining TTS and killing it in an overflow, but honestly that should not be necessary.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

I did finally get the final achievement by joining TTS and killing it in an overflow, but honestly that should not be necessary.

In your OP, you said you wanted this to be instanced so that groups can get together. Then you say it should not be necessary to join a group to kill it. I’m a bit confused.

And by the way, I disagree with your thread title. This has been one of the best updates to date. AND, it’s permanent!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: jazix.9541

jazix.9541

In your OP, you said you wanted this to be instanced so that groups can get together. Then you say it should not be necessary to join a group to kill it. I’m a bit confused.

And by the way, I disagree with your thread title. This has been one of the best updates to date. AND, it’s permanent!

I think what he means is that it should not be required to join a specialized guild, join a voice chat server, and have people scout out empty overflows to bring the whole guild to. This is a bit overkill to be able to down a zone boss, in my opinion.

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

I think what he means is that it should not be required to join a specialized guild, join a voice chat server, and have people scout out empty overflows to bring the whole guild to. This is a bit overkill to be able to down a zone boss, in my opinion.

You don’t need to go that far. Teq guilds are doing it in Overflows with pugs all the time. Only if you want a pure guild server, will they scout and guest somewhere else. Again, not necessary, as it can still be done with at least half the server organized.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Lpfan.3578

Lpfan.3578

I think the Tequatl update is great!

What I think is NOT great is the fact that for the past two weeks I have been shut out of my home world (Blackgate) every single time I have tried to do Tequatl, except for ONCE. One overflow got him down by about 25% one time and the rest only did like 10% or less. It is stupid that I can’t do this large event on my home world more than once in TWO WEEKS.

I understand it will die down once the living world moves on and just in general over time, but this is still just bleh. It makes me play less when I can’t even take part in successful fights involving living story because I can’t get to my home world and have not gotten lucky enough to be in any good overflows. (I’ve been told they exist)

It wasn’t bad when I was stuck in overflows during scarlet stuff because most overflows could do good enough to get decent rewards, even beat it, but Tequatl requires more organization and it just does not get to the point of earning any reward at all in most overflows.

Edit: I finally got in on Blackgate a second time in these two weeks! Now I guess I’ll just have to stay on this character, in this map, for the next 24 hours or so before living world moves on! :P

(edited by Lpfan.3578)

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Drew Blood.1586

Drew Blood.1586

I have beat him more than enough times and I don’t do voice chat.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Worse forward planning ever…………….

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Tequatl Rising

Amethyst Rose.4367

Well basically what these guilds are doing is basically making it into an instanced event. They scout out a mostly empty overflow and take it over and populate it with people from the guild.

But it shouldn’t be necessary to join a guild to do this… it should have been an instanced event from the start.

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

Well basically what these guilds are doing is basically making it into an instanced event. They scout out a mostly empty overflow and take it over and populate it with people from the guild.

But it shouldn’t be necessary to join a guild to do this… it should have been an instanced event from the start.

As long as you have a lot of friends, you don’t have to join a guild to do this. However, not everyone has hundreds of friends who play this game at the same time as you. That’s why some pre-organization, like joining a good guild, is needed.

As for the content being instanced, that’s a bad idea. It prevents everyone from enjoying the content, as certain people would be able to dictate who can play, and who can’t. In my separate suggestion, a Hard Mode version of Tequatl should be instanced, as then it would be a Raid type fight.

On the same thought of instanced content, you’d still need to join a guild in order to participate, since randoms would most likely be kicked. So the idea of instances present a new necessity for joining guilds, or being left out. As it is now, anyone (guild or no guild) can participate in the large scale fight. That’s how it should be.

in Tequatl Rising

Amethyst Rose.4367

As long as you have a lot of friends, you don’t have to join a guild to do this. However, not everyone has hundreds of friends who play this game at the same time as you. That’s why some pre-organization, like joining a good guild, is needed.

As for the content being instanced, that’s a bad idea. It prevents everyone from enjoying the content, as certain people would be able to dictate who can play, and who can’t. In my separate suggestion, a Hard Mode version of Tequatl should be instanced, as then it would be a Raid type fight.

On the same thought of instanced content, you’d still need to join a guild in order to participate, since randoms would most likely be kicked. So the idea of instances present a new necessity for joining guilds, or being left out. As it is now, anyone (guild or no guild) can participate in the large scale fight. That’s how it should be.

Well I basically completely disagree with everything you said here. I am in a small guild of friends… we don’t normally have more than 5 people on at a time… I don’t have 100 people friended much less online at the same time… but getting a group together for dungeons using web sites or the new looking for group tool seems to work well.. and that is what this should be. So people from different servers who all want to do the event can get together. Instead of having a few random people on each server doing it and failing miserably.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Crushing challenge in the open world is just counter to a proper understanding of the nature of the MMO. Design of the open world should take into account the actual player base you find in the open world and in an MMO that would be a wide diversity of players. Truly challenging content should be delivered in instances of tiered difficulty. There is no need to reinvent this aspect of the MMO as it simply flows from what works and what doesn’t work. Teq doesn’t work.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Mr Bimble.2764

Mr Bimble.2764

“Based on the title, the OP was not around for the great Karka kitten-up of 2012. This thread is not about the balance or future of Teqatl and later events but the whining that the OP is unable to get his achievements. Yes it is tough and you cannot control 100 players, it is unfortunate that you have not a good group since but that does not make it “the worst content ever” so perhaps you need to focus less on kittening and more on trying again and again.”
It is bad.Ive not managed to be in a group that came close to a kill.So I avoid it.A waste of my time.There are other things I can do which offer better rewards and are more fun.Its game, its supposed to be fun.T kettle is not 15 minutes of fun

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

Thread title updated to more accurately frame the debate at hand.

in Tequatl Rising

Posted by: Brindled.2179

Brindled.2179

T kettle is not 15 minutes of fun

Amethyst Rose, I can assure you that your sentiment is shared in more ways than one.

As to all the people that like the content: have fun with it.

in Tequatl Rising

Amethyst Rose.4367

Not sure the updated title reflects what I was trying to say… I have not liked other updates, I have no interest in the Super Adventure Box or some of the PvP events like the aspect arena etc… but I could easily ignore those things…

This update changed and for me ruined an event and an area of the open world I used to love.

So I was trying to say that this is by far the worst update ever from my perspective.

in Tequatl Rising

Smooth Penguin.5294

Not sure the updated title reflects what I was trying to say… I have not liked other updates, I have no interest in the Super Adventure Box or some of the PvP events like the aspect arena etc… but I could easily ignore those things…

This update changed and for me ruined an event and an area of the open world I used to love.

So I was trying to say that this is by far the worst update ever from my perspective.

I will respect your opinion on this event. At the same time, my opinion is that this update is wonderful.